Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
(a) He wants to buy the secret of Wonderboy.
(b) For his family's history.
(c) He offers it as a loan.
(d) He wants him to throw a game.
2. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
(a) The brunette in the red dress that stands in the bleachers.
(b) His family who his hasn't seen in several years.
(d) His first coach and trainer.
3. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(b) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(c) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
(d) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
4. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
(a) He craves traveling around the country.
(b) He craves banana splits.
(c) He craves the position of coach of the team.
(d) Lots of money and to be the best.
5. What excuse does Memo give for shunning Roy when he was in his slump?
(a) She says Pop told her to leave him alone.
(b) She says she was trying to decide between him and Gus.
(c) She says she only likes successful people.
(d) She says she can't stand people who are "blue."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
2. What happens to Roy at the party on the night before the game that determines the winner of the pennant?
3. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
4. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
5. Who is Sam Simpson?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)