Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(b) To watch his money and protect his old age.
(c) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(d) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
(a) Tattoos all over his body.
(b) An eerie glass eye.
(c) A huge wart on the side of his nose.
(d) A huge birthmark on his face.
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) Sam Simpson.
(d) Pop Fisher.
4. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(b) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(c) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(d) He asks him to bench Bump.
5. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(b) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
(c) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
(d) He gets his raise, finally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max Mercy do when he sees Roy and Memo return to the motel?
2. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
3. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
4. Where does The Judge get his money?
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)