Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Pop Fisher.
(b) Bump Bailey.
(c) The Judge.
(d) Max Mercy.
2. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(b) He practices with them every day.
(c) He hypnotizes them.
(d) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
3. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(b) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he plans to kill Sam.
4. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(b) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(c) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(d) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
5. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(b) Roy's girlfriend.
(c) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(d) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
4. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
5. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)