|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) No one knows.
(b) From players whom is he blackmailing.
(c) From gambling.
(d) From ticket sales to Knights games.
2. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
(a) She says he must be a man.
(b) She says he must marry and have children.
(c) She says he must practice every day.
(d) She says he must win the pennant for his team.
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(b) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(c) They tease him because it was handmade.
(d) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
4. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
(a) Because Bump went to one.
(b) To find out if they are meant for each other.
(c) To find out what Roy needs to do to get over his slump.
(d) To find out if they will win the next game.
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $50,000 to start his own company.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(d) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Roy's striking out?
2. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
3. What does Roy do to get even with Max Mercy?
4. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)