|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
(a) They petition The Judge to give him one.
(b) They shower him with gifts and declare a Roy Hobbs Day.
(c) They withdraw their support of him and start throwing things at him on the field.
(d) They agree he doesn't deserve it.
2. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
(a) To be the all-time baseball hero.
(b) To be morally as good as he is as a baseball player.
(c) To go back home to family.
(d) To have a father figure in his life.
3. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
(b) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
(c) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(d) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
4. What does Iris tell Roy that repels him?
(a) That she likes Gus.
(b) That she likes The Judge.
(c) That she snores when she sleeps.
(d) That she is a grandmother.
5. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
(b) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
(c) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(d) He does a comedy act just for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
2. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
3. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
4. What happens to Roy that Max Mercy finds out when he comes back to the motel?
5. What does Pop do when he sees Roy and Memo returning to the motel in the morning?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)