|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
(b) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(c) He wants to run away for good.
(d) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
2. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
(b) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(c) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(d) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
3. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
(a) Through success at baseball.
(b) Through friends.
(c) Through suffering.
(d) Through hard work.
4. What does Max Mercy do when he sees Roy and Memo return to the motel?
(a) He offers Roy $500 to let him print his story about the wreck.
(b) He interviews Roy about his black eye and writes it for the newspaper.
(c) He accuses Roy and Memo of fighting and reports it to the newspaper.
(d) He chases him through the motel trying to get a photo for the newspaper.
5. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
(b) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
(c) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
(d) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
2. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
3. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
4. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
5. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)