|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
(a) He craves banana splits.
(b) He craves the position of coach of the team.
(c) Lots of money and to be the best.
(d) He craves traveling around the country.
2. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
(b) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(c) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
(d) He gets his raise, finally.
3. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
(a) To cheer him on because the world needs heroes.
(b) She was going to leave the game.
(c) So she could see better.
(d) She was looking for Gus.
4. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About pitching a perfect game.
(c) About winning the next game.
(d) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
5. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
(a) He brags about how good he is at gambling.
(b) He brags about how he takes advantage of people.
(c) He brags about his prowess as a ball player.
(d) He brags about how much money he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
2. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
3. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
5. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)