|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
(a) About her wonderful car.
(b) About how much Bump loved her.
(c) About her being a Beauty Queen.
(d) About how much money she has.
2. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(b) He is thrown off the team.
(c) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
(d) He is accused of manslaughter.
3. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) That he really doesn't like baseball, but wants to make a name for himself.
(b) That he loves Memo.
(c) That he is responsible for Bump's death.
(d) That he was denied a raise.
4. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
(a) She is too absorbed in her own wants and desires.
(b) Roy doesn't love her.
(c) Pop forbids them to be together.
(d) She is engaged to Bump.
5. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(b) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(c) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(d) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major item do the fans give Roy?
2. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
3. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
4. What does Pop tell Roy about Memo?
5. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)