|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy that Max Mercy finds out when he comes back to the motel?
(a) That he plans to quit baseball.
(b) That he has a black eye.
(c) That Memo has dumped him.
(d) That he had a fight with Pop.
2. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(b) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(c) Because Bump threw a major game.
(d) Because Bump can't play well.
3. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Omniscient narrator.
(d) Third person.
4. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
(a) He said he really didn't have a very exciting past to talk about.
(b) He said it digs up too much pain.
(c) He said he couldn't remember his past after the gunshot wound.
(d) He said he was ashamed of his past.
5. What does Roy promise his fans?
(a) To use his money wisely if he gets a raise.
(b) To become the best ball player ever.
(c) To stay with the team at least five years.
(d) To take care of Memo and treat her well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
2. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
3. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
4. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
5. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)