|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Gambling and drinking.
(b) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(c) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(d) Overeating and cursing.
2. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(b) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(c) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(d) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
3. What does Roy promise his fans?
(a) To stay with the team at least five years.
(b) To become the best ball player ever.
(c) To use his money wisely if he gets a raise.
(d) To take care of Memo and treat her well.
4. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(b) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(c) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
(d) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
5. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
(a) His focus only on being a superhero.
(b) His gambling on his games.
(c) His agreement to throw the pennant game.
(d) His love of more than one woman at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
2. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
3. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
4. Who is Gus Sands?
5. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)