|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
(a) They withdraw their support of him and start throwing things at him on the field.
(b) They agree he doesn't deserve it.
(c) They shower him with gifts and declare a Roy Hobbs Day.
(d) They petition The Judge to give him one.
2. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(b) He is a rival baseball player.
(c) He is a suspicious bookie.
(d) He is the new manager of the Knights.
3. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
(a) Harriet Bird.
(b) Victoria Youngberry.
(c) Memo Paris.
(d) Iris Lemon.
4. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
(b) He does a comedy act just for her.
(c) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
(d) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
2. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
3. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
4. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
5. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)