|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
(a) Being booed by fans.
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Being injured while playing baseball.
(d) Death and mortality.
2. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(b) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(c) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(d) To watch his money and protect his old age.
3. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To always be his friend.
(b) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(c) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(d) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
4. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
(a) Iris Lemon.
(b) Victoria Youngberry.
(c) Memo Paris.
(d) Harriet Bird.
5. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(b) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(c) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(d) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
2. Who is Gus Sands?
3. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
5. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)