|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To play the best ball game ever.
(b) To tell them about his bat.
(c) To explain what happened to Bump.
(d) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
2. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
3. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
(a) To be morally as good as he is as a baseball player.
(b) To go back home to family.
(c) To be the all-time baseball hero.
(d) To have a father figure in his life.
4. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(b) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(c) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(d) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
5. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Harriet Bird.
(b) Memo Paris.
(c) Iris Lemon.
(d) His teammates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
2. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
3. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
4. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
5. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)