|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
(a) He decides that pitching a winning game will win her over.
(b) He decides that dressing better will get her attention.
(c) He decides taking her out and showing her a good time will win her love.
(d) He decides more money will win her love.
2. What does Roy do when Iris rejects him?
(a) Begs her to reconsider.
(b) Dives underwater for a long time.
(c) Drives away in his car.
(d) Gets angry and runs into the woods.
3. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
(a) It will make Memo love him.
(b) It probably will come true.
(c) It might bring misfortune.
(d) It can't come true because Roy is benched.
4. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Harriet Bird.
(b) Memo Paris.
(c) Iris Lemon.
(d) His teammates.
5. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
(a) They withdraw their support of him and start throwing things at him on the field.
(b) They petition The Judge to give him one.
(c) They agree he doesn't deserve it.
(d) They shower him with gifts and declare a Roy Hobbs Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
2. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
3. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
4. What does Iris encourage Roy to do?
5. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)