|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He hypnotizes them.
(b) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(c) He practices with them every day.
(d) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
2. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
(a) She didn't know he had the lights off.
(b) She hates the light and loves darkness.
(c) They are trying to escape without being noticed.
(d) They need to conserve the car battery.
3. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
(a) Through hard work.
(b) Through friends.
(c) Through suffering.
(d) Through success at baseball.
4. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He wants to run away for good.
(b) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(c) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(d) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About pitching a perfect game.
(d) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
3. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)