|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(b) To always be his friend.
(c) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(d) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
2. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(b) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
(c) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
(d) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
3. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(b) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(c) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(d) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
4. What is the relationship between Gus and Memo?
(a) She has not relationship with him at all.
(b) She says he is like a father to her.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is in love and plans to marry him.
5. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
(a) They leave the stadium and don't come back.
(b) They cheer for Roy as long as he is successful.
(c) They blame Roy for Bump's death and shun him.
(d) They demand a memorial for Bump.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
2. What does Pop tell Roy about Memo?
3. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
4. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
5. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)