|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) That he loves Memo.
(b) That he was denied a raise.
(c) That he really doesn't like baseball, but wants to make a name for himself.
(d) That he is responsible for Bump's death.
2. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To tell them about his bat.
(b) To play the best ball game ever.
(c) To explain what happened to Bump.
(d) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
3. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
(a) He decides that dressing better will get her attention.
(b) He decides that pitching a winning game will win her over.
(c) He decides more money will win her love.
(d) He decides taking her out and showing her a good time will win her love.
4. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
(a) He brags about how good he is at gambling.
(b) He brags about how much money he has.
(c) He brags about how he takes advantage of people.
(d) He brags about his prowess as a ball player.
5. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
(b) The tendency to gamble on games.
(c) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(d) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
2. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
3. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
4. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
5. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)