|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
(a) He bets on the next Knights game and wins.
(b) He performs magic tricks.
(c) He take her out to eat and agrees to a second job.
(d) He sells his story to Max Mercy.
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
(a) An eerie glass eye.
(b) A huge wart on the side of his nose.
(c) Tattoos all over his body.
(d) A huge birthmark on his face.
3. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to gamble on games.
(b) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(c) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
(d) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
4. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(c) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(d) He becomes the best batter in history.
5. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
(a) Being booed by fans.
(b) Being injured while playing baseball.
(c) Death and mortality.
(d) Lack of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
2. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
3. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
4. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
5. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)