|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) Achievement of success and wealth.
(b) The end of his baseball career.
(c) Wisdom and honor.
(d) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
2. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
3. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(b) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
(c) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(d) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
4. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) A good retirement.
(b) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(c) A lifetime career in baseball.
(d) The respect of Pop.
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(b) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(c) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(d) He forced a player to throw a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
2. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
3. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
4. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
5. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)