|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
(a) She was going to leave the game.
(b) To cheer him on because the world needs heroes.
(c) So she could see better.
(d) She was looking for Gus.
2. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(b) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(c) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(d) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
3. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) That he really doesn't like baseball, but wants to make a name for himself.
(b) That he is responsible for Bump's death.
(c) That he was denied a raise.
(d) That he loves Memo.
4. What does Pop do when he sees Roy and Memo returning to the motel in the morning?
(a) He asks Roy if he and Memo are planning on getting married.
(b) He benches Roy for being out all night.
(c) He fines Roy $100 for not being in his room the night before.
(d) He tells Roy to leave Memo alone and not to go out with her any more.
5. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with precision and power.
(b) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(c) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(d) He hits with a crazy curve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
2. What major item do the fans give Roy?
3. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
4. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)