|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
(b) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(c) He gets his raise, finally.
(d) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) They pretty much ignore him.
(c) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(d) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
3. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
(a) To get medical help from his doctor.
(b) To help his teammates become better people.
(c) For him to undergo a change in his values.
(d) For him to win a big game.
4. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
(a) He sells his story to Max Mercy.
(b) He take her out to eat and agrees to a second job.
(c) He performs magic tricks.
(d) He bets on the next Knights game and wins.
5. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(b) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(c) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(d) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
2. Who is Memo Paris?
3. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
4. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
5. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)