|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max Mercy do when he sees Roy and Memo return to the motel?
(a) He offers Roy $500 to let him print his story about the wreck.
(b) He interviews Roy about his black eye and writes it for the newspaper.
(c) He chases him through the motel trying to get a photo for the newspaper.
(d) He accuses Roy and Memo of fighting and reports it to the newspaper.
2. How does Roy get a black eye?
(a) From a fight with Pop.
(b) From a car wreck.
(c) Memo punched him.
(d) He gets drunk and fights with a stranger.
3. What does Roy promise his fans?
(a) To become the best ball player ever.
(b) To stay with the team at least five years.
(c) To take care of Memo and treat her well.
(d) To use his money wisely if he gets a raise.
4. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
(a) They see Roy and he get mad that Roy is with Memo.
(b) They get mad at each other and Memo starts walking back.
(c) They get stranded when the car breaks down.
(d) They see a boy in the road and Roy thinks they hit him.
5. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
(a) Pop forbids them to be together.
(b) She is too absorbed in her own wants and desires.
(c) She is engaged to Bump.
(d) Roy doesn't love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
2. What does Pop do when he sees Roy and Memo returning to the motel in the morning?
3. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
4. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
5. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)