|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(b) He wants to run away for good.
(c) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
(d) He is nervous that he might mess up.
2. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
(a) To cheer him on because the world needs heroes.
(b) So she could see better.
(c) She was looking for Gus.
(d) She was going to leave the game.
3. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(b) He is a rival baseball player.
(c) He is the new manager of the Knights.
(d) He is a suspicious bookie.
4. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) No one knows.
(b) From players whom is he blackmailing.
(c) From gambling.
(d) From ticket sales to Knights games.
5. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
(b) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
(c) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(d) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
2. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
3. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
4. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
5. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)