Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
(b) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
(c) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(d) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
2. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
(a) It might bring misfortune.
(b) It will make Memo love him.
(c) It probably will come true.
(d) It can't come true because Roy is benched.
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(b) They tease him because it was handmade.
(c) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(d) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
4. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
(a) He brags about how much money he has.
(b) He brags about how good he is at gambling.
(c) He brags about his prowess as a ball player.
(d) He brags about how he takes advantage of people.
5. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
(a) He bought both of them lavish gifts.
(b) He treated them both like objects, not people.
(c) He told both his life story.
(d) He got angry and gave both a black eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
2. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
3. What is the relationship between Gus and Memo?
4. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)