One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He is depressed and in a slump.
(b) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(c) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
(d) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
2. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
(a) His family who his hasn't seen in several years.
(b) The brunette in the red dress that stands in the bleachers.
(c) His first coach and trainer.
3. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(b) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(c) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
4. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
(a) Max Mercy.
(c) His family.
(d) A fortune teller.
5. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
(b) That she is afraid of being poor.
(c) That she doesn't love him.
(d) That she loves Gus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
2. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
3. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
4. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
5. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)