1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(b) Left fielder.
(d) Right fielder.
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black hatbox.
(b) A black briefcase.
(c) Her gun.
(d) Her small dog.
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(b) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(c) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(d) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
4. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) Roy's father.
(d) Roy's professional scout.
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
6. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) His bat.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A bassoon.
7. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(b) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(c) Harriet Bird shot him.
(d) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
This section contains 7,405 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)