1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(a) Left fielder.
(c) Right fielder.
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black hatbox.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) A black briefcase.
(d) Her gun.
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(b) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(c) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(d) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
4. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's father.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) Roy's professional scout.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
6. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A rifle.
(b) His bat.
(c) A bassoon.
(d) A set of tools.
7. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(b) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(c) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
(d) Harriet Bird shot him.
This section contains 7,405 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)