1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(a) Left fielder.
(b) Right fielder.
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black briefcase.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) A black hatbox.
(d) Her gun.
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(b) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(c) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(d) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
4. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's professional scout.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) Roy's father.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
6. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A set of tools.
(b) His bat.
(c) A bassoon.
(d) A rifle.
7. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(b) Harriet Bird shot him.
(c) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
(d) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
This section contains 7,405 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)