|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
(a) He rapes her then after she falls alseep kills her with a brick then throws her body down an air shaft.
(b) He smashes her head with a brick then runs away.
(c) He rapes her then cuts off her head like he did Mary's and throws her body down an air shaft.
(d) He sleeps then awakens realizing he must kill Bessie.
2. How many people are searching for Bigger?
(a) Eight thousand armed, angry, white men.
(b) Five thousand vigilantes.
(c) Eight thousand police officers.
(d) Eight thousand police and vigilantes.
3. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will also wash window.
(c) He will also take care of the furnace.
(d) He will help her in the kitchen.
4. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Rob a bank
(b) Fly a plane
(c) Earn a lot of money
(d) Drive a car
5. Why does Max say a change of venue wouldn't matter?
(a) The newspapers have already tried Bigger.
(b) There isn't anyone in the entire country who doesn't know about the case.
(c) The entire state feels the same about Bigger's crime.
(d) He's stands a better chance with a jury from his hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
2. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
3. The story is set in what decade?
4. What did Bigger realize after the Judge adjourned the court for one hour?
5. What does Max say is possible if the wealthy don't begin to understand what they are doing to the Negros in America?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)