|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(a) window washer
2. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He leaves her alone
(b) He puts her into her nightgown
(c) He covers her
(d) He kisses her
3. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
(b) It has given meaning to his life.
(c) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
(d) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
4. What does Bigger's brother, Buddy, offer to do to defend him?
(a) He offers to like and say Bigger was with him the entire night of the murder.
(b) He offers to say he murdered Mary.
(c) He offers to kill four or five white people.
(d) He offers to testify as a character witness.
5. Who is Britten?
(a) A detective with the Chicago P.D..
(b) A neighbor who saw Bigger carrying Mary into the house the night before.
(c) A private investigator from Mr. Dalton's company.
(d) A private investigator Mr. Dalton hired that day to find Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
2. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
3. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
5. What happens when Jan Erlone comes to visit Bigger in his cell?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)