|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bigger's reaction when his mother's pastor comes to see him?
(a) He tells the man to get out and never come back.
(b) He feels it is too late for him to change how he feels. His fate is sealed.
(c) Anger that God would allow this to happen to him.
(d) Regret that he didn't listen ore closely in Sunday School.
2. What did Bigger realize after the Judge adjourned the court for one hour?
(a) That he'd finally get a break.
(b) That he was lost.
(c) That he could take a nap.
(d) That the trial was almost over.
3. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
(a) He sleeps then awakens realizing he must kill Bessie.
(b) He smashes her head with a brick then runs away.
(c) He rapes her then after she falls alseep kills her with a brick then throws her body down an air shaft.
(d) He rapes her then cuts off her head like he did Mary's and throws her body down an air shaft.
4. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At the Dalton's
(b) At Blum's Delicatessin
(c) At YMCA
(d) At the supermarket
5. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(b) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(d) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Britten?
2. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
3. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
4. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)