|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger say the white people do to black people?
(a) Keep the blacks in one area and won't let them into any other area.
(b) They kill them one by one hoping to get rid of them all.
(c) They try to help them by giving them jobs no one should have to do.
(d) They want to be friends with them.
2. Who does Bigger open up to about his feelings?
(b) His mother.
(c) State's Attorney Buckley.
3. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(b) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(c) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(d) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
4. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Teaching a class.
(b) Learning to swim.
(c) Taking sewing lessons.
(d) Meeting her boyfriend.
5. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
(a) The Judge reminds the court they need to consider everything carefully because a young man's life is at stake.
(b) Max argues that they need more time to come up with a verdict.
(c) State's Attorney Buckley laughs and says they won't need that long.
(d) People in the courtroom cheer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bigger arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
2. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
3. Near the end of Book Three, what did Bigger say to Max when he saw him for the last time?
4. What do Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
5. In Book 2 when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)