|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
(a) Jan Erlone
(b) Mr. Dalton
(d) His mother
2. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
(a) He is spotted.
(b) He buries himself in snow so they don't see him.
(c) He gets away.
(d) He hides behind a chimney.
3. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(b) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(c) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(d) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
4. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
(a) That they will become superior to the whites and treat them like they have been treated.
(b) That they will one day make their own laws and rules.
(c) That someone will bring them together to make their lives better.
(d) That one day blacks will one day be equal to whites.
5. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
(a) Mary's purse
(b) The knife
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) His bloody clothing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
2. How does Max have Bigger plead at his trial?
3. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
4. What happens when Bigger is taken into the coroner's inquest?
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)