|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) It's American communists.
(b) It's a violent race in Russia.
(c) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
(d) It's to do with Native Americans.
2. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
(a) Jan Erlone runs away when he sees Bigger has a knife.
(b) Bigger pulls a gun on Jan Erlone.
(c) Bigger runs away.
(d) Bigger tells Jan Erlone he doesn't need his help.
3. What is the first thing Bigger admitted to Max he would liked to have been?
(a) An aviator
(b) A bartender
(c) A naval officer
(d) A teacher
4. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
(a) To a union meeting
(b) To a communist rally
5. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He feels she is just like her mother.
(b) He hates her instantly.
(c) He finds her very attractive.
(d) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
2. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
3. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
5. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)