|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
(a) As a scape goat.
(b) As a friend.
(c) As a communist.
(d) As a man, not a "white" man.
2. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(b) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
(c) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
(d) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
3. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
(b) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
(c) It has given meaning to his life.
(d) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
4. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(c) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(d) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
5. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
(a) Go the the train station and pick up Mary's trunk because no one claimed it.
(b) To take the trunk to the attic because the Dalton's will start worrying about Mary if they see it.
(c) Go to the train station and find out what has happened to Mary's trunk.
(d) She tells him to take the day off because everyone is too worried about Mary to need his services that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
2. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
3. What does Bigger contemplate while standing on the rooftop?
4. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
5. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)