|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
(a) That one day blacks will one day be equal to whites.
(b) That someone will bring them together to make their lives better.
(c) That they will one day make their own laws and rules.
(d) That they will become superior to the whites and treat them like they have been treated.
2. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
(a) Becaue he has felt the same anger and hatred inside him his entire life and no one ever wrote about it before.
(b) He is unhappy because the story isn't accurate.
(c) Because he didn't like the attention that could result in his being caught.
(d) He is thrilled the newspaper is writing about him and thinks about killing again for more attention.
3. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) All are correct.
(b) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(c) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
(d) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
4. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
(a) He sees his family as a burden compared to new possibilites created by Mary's death.
(b) He sees his family's poor existence compared to Mary's rich life.
(c) He sees his family as afraid as compared to Mary's confidence.
(d) He sees his family as alive compared to Mary being dead.
5. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
(a) He sits on the bed and reads them.
(b) He throws them in the trash.
(c) He goes to his room in the Dalton house and carefully puts them in his drawer.
(d) He burns them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third thing Bigger admitted to Max he would have liked to have been?
2. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
3. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
4. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
5. The story is set in what decade?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)