|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many witnesses did State's Attorney Buckley say he was going to call to the stand?
2. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
(a) Jumps on his shoulder and digs in its claws.
(b) Jumps on his shoulder, then walks around his feet.
(c) It keeps looking from the furnace to Bigger and back again.
(d) Sits staring intently at Bigger.
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
(a) He hates the music and can't wait to find another apartment.
(b) He wishes he could be with his mother.
(c) He hums along, but feeling to peace he gets angry.
(d) He half wishes he was a believer like his mother, but doesn't want to give up his sense of self.
4. In Max's statement to the court in Part Three of the novel, how does he portray the 12 million Negros living in the United States?
(a) As stunted, stripped and held captive.
(b) All three
(c) As a separate nation.
(d) As devoid of political, social, economic and property rights.
5. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(b) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(c) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(d) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
3. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
4. To what does Max compare the 12 million Negros living in the United States?
5. What is Bigger's final request of Max?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)