|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bigger afraid to do?
2. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(b) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
(c) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(d) That he had to work.
3. What does Max want Bigger to do?
(a) Talk to his mother
(b) Try to escape
(c) Believe in himself
(d) Cry so he'd feel better
4. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
(a) He doesn't want the police invovled because doesn't trust them.
(b) He is afraid of the bad publicity.
(c) He doesn't think Jan Erlone has anything to do with it.
(d) He's afraid his daughter is just doing this to disgrace the family.
5. In Part Three what does State's Attorney Buckley ridicule Boris Max for?
(a) For being a bad attorney.
(b) He says Boris Max should be representing decent people insted of "scum" like Bigger.
(c) For having gotten his law degree through the mail.
(d) For having more guts than brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jan Erlone want to do for Bigger?
2. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
3. What happens when Bigger arrives at Bessie's apartment and he tries to kiss her?
4. Who did Bigger's new cellmate ask to talk to?
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)