|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger think about the disbelief he reads on the faces of his friends when they visit him in jail?
(a) He dislikes seeing they still don't see what he is capable of doing.
(b) They should be pleased that he has taken the responsibility for being black from their shoulders.
(c) That they should know what a hot head is is.
(d) That they really were dumb not to join him in robbing the dellicatessin.
2. Why is Max upset during his final conversation with Bigger?
(a) Bigger told him he'd kill again if he could.
(b) Bigger was glad that he killed.
(c) Bigger thinks what he killed for must have been good for him to have done it.
(d) Bigger broke down and cried.
3. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He drags her
(b) He gets Peggy to help
(c) He carries her
(d) He gets her parents to help
4. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) They use a water hose to soak him.
(b) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
(c) They shoot him in the leg.
(d) They don't, he gets away one more time.
5. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
(a) His mother
(b) Mr. Dalton
(d) Jan Erlone
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three possible penalties Bigger faces?
2. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
3. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
4. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
5. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)