|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(b) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(c) That he knew something they didn't know.
(d) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
2. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
(a) He is spotted.
(b) He gets away.
(c) He hides behind a chimney.
(d) He buries himself in snow so they don't see him.
3. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
(a) Getting the job with the Daltons
(b) Never listening to his mother
(c) Being a black man
(d) Not leaving town immeditely after the murder
4. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(b) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(c) That he is a very lucky young man.
(d) That Mary had a heart attack.
5. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
(a) Because he didn't like the attention that could result in his being caught.
(b) He is thrilled the newspaper is writing about him and thinks about killing again for more attention.
(c) Becaue he has felt the same anger and hatred inside him his entire life and no one ever wrote about it before.
(d) He is unhappy because the story isn't accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are searching for Bigger?
2. What does Bigger's brother, Buddy, offer to do to defend him?
3. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
4. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
5. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)