|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger is taken into the coroner's inquest?
(a) He tries to get away
(b) He falls asleep
(c) He shouts he is innocent.
(d) He faints
2. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(b) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(c) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
(d) That he knew something they didn't know.
3. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
(a) As a scape goat.
(b) As a communist.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As a man, not a "white" man.
4. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
(a) The fire goes out and Bigger must restart it.
(b) The room fill with smoke so Bigger has to get a fan to blow it out the basement window.
(c) The fire is smothered and the basement fills with smoke.
(d) The fire starts to get hot again.
5. What is the first thing Bigger admitted to Max he would liked to have been?
(a) An aviator
(b) A naval officer
(c) A teacher
(d) A bartender
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Max compare the 12 million Negros living in the United States?
2. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
3. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
4. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
5. Where does Bigger say white people live?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)