|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Max respond when Bigger asks why people hate him so much?
(a) They don't hate just him, they hate everyone that is different from them.
(b) They are afraid of losing what they have and will even hurt others to keep it.
(c) That he had taken things from them and they hated him for it.
(d) He was not doing what they wanted him to do.
2. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
3. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
(b) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(c) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
(d) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(b) He feels she is just like her mother.
(c) He finds her very attractive.
(d) He hates her instantly.
5. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
(a) He holds a knife in a threatening way and warns her she had better help him.
(b) He tells her it will be over between them if she doesn't help him.
(c) He threatens to beat her if she doesn't do what he wants.
(d) Reminds her she has already helped him steal enough to land her in jail. He also threatens to slap her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
2. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
3. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
4. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
5. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)