|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members are in the Thomas family?
2. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) They are half brothers
(b) They are classmates
(c) They are best friends
(d) It is a volatile relationship
3. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
(a) Worried they will find something in his story that doesn't ring true.
(b) So proud of his story he thinks of becoming a fiction writer.
(c) Afraid they won't believe him and that he'll be under suspicion.
(d) Like he is the one in control because he is telling them what he wants them to believe.
4. Why did Bigger go to trial so quickly?
(a) Bigger asked to get it over with quickly.
(b) Max was afraid people would storm the prison and try to lynch Bigger.
(c) Max wanted Bigger to have the right to a speedy trial.
(d) State's Attorney Buckley was up for election.
5. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
(b) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
(c) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(d) She wanted to know why he came in after 4 in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger tell Max about the night Max had asked him to tell him about himself?
2. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
3. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
4. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
5. What does Jan Erlone think when he hears Bigger's lie about him?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)