|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
(a) He buries himself in snow so they don't see him.
(b) He hides behind a chimney.
(c) He gets away.
(d) He is spotted.
2. What is the first thing Bigger admitted to Max he would liked to have been?
(a) A naval officer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An aviator.
(d) A bartender.
3. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
(a) They are not enough; he needs to donate more money.
(b) They are generous and kind.
(c) They are balm to ease any guilt he may feel for unfairly treating the black people he rents to.
(d) He doesn't refer to them.
4. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's expensive necklace.
(b) A bottle of rum.
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him.
(d) Mary's purse.
5. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In a condo on the river.
(b) A shack along the waterfront.
(c) An apartment in the "Black Belt".
(d) In the basement of an abandoned building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bigger's cellmate want given back to him?
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
3. What does Bigger keep throwing out of his cell?
4. When Bigger arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
5. How do the stories in the newspaper portray Bigger?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)