|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He puts her into her nightgown
(c) He leaves her alone
(d) He covers her
2. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In the basement of an abandoned building
(b) A shack along the waterfront
(c) In a condo on the river
(d) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
3. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
(a) He doesn't think Jan Erlone has anything to do with it.
(b) He is afraid of the bad publicity.
(c) He's afraid his daughter is just doing this to disgrace the family.
(d) He doesn't want the police invovled because doesn't trust them.
4. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
(a) He puts his hand over her mouth.
(b) He puts a pillow over her face.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He stuffs the corner of her blanket in her mouth.
5. What does Bigger say about church and religion?
(a) All of the above
(b) If he was religious he'd be dead now.
(c) Only poor people are happy in church.
(d) It's for whipped folks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
2. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
3. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
4. How many people are searching for Bigger?
5. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)