|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
(a) Being a black man
(b) Getting the job with the Daltons
(c) Not leaving town immeditely after the murder
(d) Never listening to his mother
2. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
(a) Mr. Dalton
(c) His mother
(d) Jan Erlone
3. What did Bigger ask Max to tell his mother?
(a) That he will miss her.
(b) That he is sorry for what he did.
(c) That he'll see her in heaven.
(d) That he is all right and not to worry and he wasn't crying.
4. Who is Britten?
(a) A private investigator Mr. Dalton hired that day to find Mary.
(b) A detective with the Chicago P.D..
(c) A neighbor who saw Bigger carrying Mary into the house the night before.
(d) A private investigator from Mr. Dalton's company.
5. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
(a) About where the car was parked, the trunk and Jan Erlone.
(b) About Jan Erlone's involvement with the communists.
(c) About Mary leaving her new clothing behind.
(d) About where he took Mary the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger think when Mr. Dalton brags about giving ping pong tables to the South Side Boy's Club?
2. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
3. Who does Max tell Bigger he will talk to in order to try to change things?
4. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
5. How does Max have Bigger plead at his trial?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)