|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) In foster care
(b) In jail
(c) The gallows
(d) Living on the street
2. What happens when Bigger first awakens the morning after the murder?
(a) He doesn't think about what happened the night before.
(b) He remembers everything he did the night before.
(c) He sees his brother, Buddy, staring at him suspiciously.
(d) He tries to sneak out of the house unnoticed.
3. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
(a) State's Attorney Buckley laughts and says they won't need that long.
(b) The Judge reminds the court they need to consider everything carefully because a young man's life is at stake.
(c) People in the courtroom cheer.
(d) Max argues that they need more time to come up with a verdict.
4. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
(a) She tells him to take the day off because everyone is too worried about Mary to need his services that day.
(b) To take the trunk to the attic because the Dalton's will start worrying about Mary if they see it.
(c) Go the the train station and pick up Mary's trunk because no one claimed it.
(d) Go to the train station and find out what has happened to Mary's trunk.
5. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
(a) Mary probably left earlier than expected because she is usually unpredictable.
(b) There must have been some kind of foul play because Mary is usally very responsible.
(c) To Bigger's shock she told him that Mary has lost her head since dating Jan Erlone.
(d) Mary probably waited for Bigger to leave then snuck out of the house again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
2. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
4. How did Bigger say he was feeling at the end of his final conversation with Max?
5. What are the three possible penalties Bigger faces?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)