|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She doesn't want to go home.
(b) She is too drunk to walk.
(c) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(d) She is very sick.
2. How many members are in the Thomas family?
3. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He sits down to eat dinner.
(b) He shows his mother his prize.
(c) He hides the remains.
(d) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
4. How many letters did Bigger write after his sentencing?
(a) One to the Daltons
(b) Three a week
(d) One to his mother
5. Who does Max tell Bigger he will talk to in order to try to change things?
(a) The Govenor
(b) The Warden
(c) State's Attorney Buckley
(d) The President
Short Answer Questions
1. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
2. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
4. What does Max say is possible if the wealthy don't begin to understand what they are doing to the Negros in America?
5. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)