|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bigger realize after the Judge adjourned the court for one hour?
(a) That the trial was almost over.
(b) That he could take a nap.
(c) That he was lost.
(d) That he'd finally get a break.
2. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
(a) As a scape goat.
(b) As a communist.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As a man, not a "white" man.
3. How does Bigger act during the first days after his capture?
(a) He is prayerful.
(b) Like he is in a trance.
(c) Like a very angry man.
(d) Like he's proud of what he did.
4. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also take care of the furnace.
(b) He will also wash window.
(c) He will help her in the kitchen.
(d) He will also do lawn work.
5. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(b) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(c) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(d) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
Short Answer Questions
1. The story is set in what decade?
2. What does Max say is possible if the wealthy don't begin to understand what they are doing to the Negros in America?
3. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
4. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
5. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)