|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) Inside fancy mansions
(b) Inside him and all other black people
(c) On the south side of Chicago
(d) In the ghetto
2. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
(a) He holds a knife in a threatening way and warns her she had better help him.
(b) Reminds her she has already helped him steal enough to land her in jail. He also threatens to slap her.
(c) He tells her it will be over between them if she doesn't help him.
(d) He threatens to beat her if she doesn't do what he wants.
3. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
(a) That their mother was happy he got the job.
(b) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him the night before and talked about marriage.
(c) That he would keep quiet for a price.
(d) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him and that she was angry he wasn't there.
4. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
(b) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(c) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
(d) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
5. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(a) Bessie Mears
(d) Jan Erlone
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
2. How many letters did Bigger write after his sentencing?
3. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
4. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
5. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)