|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
(a) Bigger throws snowballs at him.
(b) Bigger shootes him.
(c) Bigger knocks him unconscious.
(d) Bigger runs away.
2. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At the Dalton's
(b) At Blum's Delicatessin
(c) At YMCA
(d) At the supermarket
3. How does Max have Bigger plead at his trial?
(a) Innocent by reason of insanity
(b) Not guilty
(c) Guilty by reason of insanity
(d) Guilty of second degree murder
4. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
(a) He loads her trunk, waits by the car, rings the bell, then asks Peggy what he should do since Mary has not come down.
(b) He eats his breakfast then asks Peggy to go upstairs and find out what is taking Mary so long.
(c) He asks Mrs. Dalton what time Mary's train is supposed to leave, because he doesn't want them to be late.
(d) He eats breakfast with the Daltons as though nothing unusual has happened.
5. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
(a) He regrets she didn't see things his way.
(b) He didn't take back his engagement ring.
(c) He has no regrets.
(d) He left $90 in her pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max want Bigger to do?
2. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
3. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
4. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
5. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)