|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(a) Jan Erlone.
(c) Bessie Mears.
2. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) In the front seat with Bigger.
(b) They sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(c) In the back seat.
(d) They don't; they walk.
3. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his scam?
(a) He says he will give her half the money.
(b) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
(c) He threatens to murder her family.
(d) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
4. What happens when Bigger's mother sees the Daltons standing in the back of Bigger's cell?
(a) She offers to spend the rest of her days making it up to them for what Bigger did.
(b) She tells them how sorry she is that her son did such a horrific thing to their daughter.
(c) She falls to her knees and begs them for her son's life and offers to work for them the rest of her life if they help him.
(d) She wraps her arms around them and prays for their loss.
5. In Book 2 as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(b) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
(c) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(d) That he had to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
2. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
3. In Max's statement to the court in Book 3 of the novel, how does he portray the 12 million negroes living in the United States?
4. What did Bigger's cellmate want given back to him?
5. How many people are searching for Bigger after he runs away from the Dalton home after Mary's bones are found?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)