|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The house-keeper.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mary Dalton
(d) Mr. Dalton
2. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Meeting her boyfriend
(b) Teaching a class
(c) Learning to swim
(d) Taking sewing lessons
3. What happens when Bigger is taken into the coroner's inquest?
(a) He falls asleep
(b) He shouts he is innocent.
(c) He tries to get away
(d) He faints
4. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(b) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(c) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(d) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
5. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(b) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
(c) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
(d) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
2. What did Bigger ask Max to tell his mother?
3. What does Jan Erlone think when he hears Bigger's lie about him?
4. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
5. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)