|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The house-keeper.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mr. Dalton
(d) Mary Dalton
2. What is Book Three titled?
3. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
(a) Jack and Bessie Mears
(b) Gus, Jack and G.H.
(c) Jack and G.H.
(d) Gus and Bessie Mears
4. How do the stories in the newspaper portray Bigger?
(a) As a victim of circumstance
(b) As a martyr
(c) As a "ferocious, depraved, primative beast"
(d) As a man unjustly accused
5. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Rob a bank
(b) Earn a lot of money
(c) Fly a plane
(d) Drive a car
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
2. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
3. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
4. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
5. How does Bigger act during the first days after his capture?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)