|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(b) That he had to work.
(c) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
(d) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
2. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
(a) He laughs and says Mary killed herself by jumping in the river and he just watched.
(b) He admits that he killed Mary and threatens Bessie, too.
(c) He denies killing Mary, but admits he stole money from her.
(d) He admits that he killed Mary and tells Bessie he'll tell everyone she helped him.
3. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He is black and she is white
(b) He isn't afraid of anything
(c) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(d) He doesn't want to lose his job
4. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch the train
(b) To catch a bus
(c) To Mary's house
(d) Home to her house
5. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
(a) She's wearing black because she knows Mary is dead.
(b) She's wearing a white pants suit and has her white hair tied back in a bun.
(c) She's dressed in white and she looks suspicious.
(d) She's dressed in white and she is very pale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Boris Max?
2. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
3. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
4. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
5. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)