|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's purse
(b) A bottle of rum
(c) Mary's expensive necklace
(d) The pamphlets Jan gave him
2. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He hates her instantly.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(d) He feels she is just like her mother.
3. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(b) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(c) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(d) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
4. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
(a) He sees his family as a burden compared to new possibilites created by Mary's death.
(b) He sees his family as alive compared to Mary being dead.
(c) He sees his family's poor existence compared to Mary's rich life.
(d) He sees his family as afraid as compared to Mary's confidence.
5. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
(b) Admit he is sorry
(c) Pray for forgiveness
(d) Sign a confession
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
2. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
3. What does Bigger keep throwing out of his cell?
4. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
5. What does Bigger think when Mr. Dalton brags about giving ping pong tables to the South Side Boy's Club?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)