|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he is a very lucky young man.
(b) That Mary had a heart attack.
(c) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(d) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
2. Who is Britten?
(a) A neighbor who saw Bigger carrying Mary into the house the night before.
(b) A detective with the Chicago P.D..
(c) A private investigator Mr. Dalton hired that day to find Mary.
(d) A private investigator from Mr. Dalton's company.
3. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
(a) The company to whom he pays rent for his family's rat-infested room.
(b) The company where Bigger hopes to one day work.
(c) The South Side Real Estate Company is nothing to Bigger.
(d) The company Bigger dreams of one day owning.
4. How did Bigger say he was feeling at the end of his final conversation with Max?
(a) He said, "I'm all right."
(b) He said, "Pray for my soul."
(c) He said, "I'll be back."
(d) He said, "I did good."
5. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
(a) He confesses that Mary had been drunk the night before and that "the gentleman", Jan Erlone, insisted on driving her home, but dropped Bigger at his home first.
(b) That the "gentleman", Jan Erlone, was planning on spending the night and he was going to go with Mary to the train in the morning.
(c) That he has no idea what could have happened since Mary was fine when he left her.
(d) That the car is in the driveway because "the gentleman", Jan, was going to drive himself home the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
2. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
3. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
4. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
5. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)