|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
(a) She tells him to take the day off because everyone is too worried about Mary to need his services that day.
(b) To take the trunk to the attic because the Dalton's will start worrying about Mary if they see it.
(c) Go to the train station and find out what has happened to Mary's trunk.
(d) Go the the train station and pick up Mary's trunk because no one claimed it.
2. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
(a) He steals a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(b) He steals a loaf of bread then hides in an alley to eat it.
(c) He hides with a group of homeless people living near the river.
(d) He buys a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
3. What are the three possible penalties Bigger faces?
(a) Death by the electric chair, death by hanging or, death by lethal injection.
(b) The death penalty, life in prison, or not less than 14 years in prison.
(c) The death penalty, life in prison, or ten years in prison with 25 years on parole.
(d) The death penalty, life in prison or restitution.
4. What does Max want Bigger to do?
(a) Cry so he'd feel better
(b) Try to escape
(c) Believe in himself
(d) Talk to his mother
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(b) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
3. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
4. What did Bigger try to figure out during the days before his sentence was fulfilled?
5. What did Bigger realize after the Judge adjourned the court for one hour?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)