|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She doesn't want to go home.
(b) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) She is too drunk to walk.
2. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
(b) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(c) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(d) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
3. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(b) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(c) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(d) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
4. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
(a) Bigger shootes him.
(b) Bigger runs away.
(c) Bigger throws snowballs at him.
(d) Bigger knocks him unconscious.
5. How does Bigger act during the first days after his capture?
(a) He is prayerful.
(b) Like he's proud of what he did.
(c) Like he is in a trance.
(d) Like a very angry man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
2. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
3. What is Bigger's reaction when his mother's pastor comes to see him?
4. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
5. What does Bigger tell Max about the night Max had asked him to tell him about himself?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)