|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(b) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(c) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
(d) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
2. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He gets Peggy to help
(b) He drags her
(c) He carries her
(d) He gets her parents to help
3. What happens when Bigger is taken into the coroner's inquest?
(a) He faints
(b) He falls asleep
(c) He shouts he is innocent.
(d) He tries to get away
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He feels she is just like her mother.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(d) He hates her instantly.
5. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
(b) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
(c) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(d) She wanted to know why he came in after 4 in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
2. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
3. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
4. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
5. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)