|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(c) New York City
2. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She goes to get her husband.
(b) She is afraid of Bigger.
(c) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(d) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
3. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He says he will give her half the money.
(b) He threatens to murder her family.
(c) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
(d) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
4. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
(a) He confesses that Mary had been drunk the night before and that "the gentleman", Jan Erlone, insisted on driving her home, but dropped Bigger at his home first.
(b) That he has no idea what could have happened since Mary was fine when he left her.
(c) That the car is in the driveway because "the gentleman", Jan, was going to drive himself home the night before.
(d) That the "gentleman", Jan Erlone, was planning on spending the night and he was going to go with Mary to the train in the morning.
5. Who did Bigger's new cellmate ask to talk to?
(a) His attorney
(b) He only babbled
(c) The Govenor
(d) The President
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
2. How did Bigger deal with the first days after his sentencing?
3. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
4. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
5. How did Bigger say he was feeling at the end of his final conversation with Max?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)