|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
(a) They are not enough, he needs to donate more money
(b) They are generous and kind
(c) He doesn't refer to them
(d) They are balm to ease any guilt he may feel for unfairly treating the black people he rents to.
2. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He drags her
(b) He gets Peggy to help
(c) He carries her
(d) He gets her parents to help
3. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
(a) Go the the train station and pick up Mary's trunk because no one claimed it.
(b) To take the trunk to the attic because the Dalton's will start worrying about Mary if they see it.
(c) Go to the train station and find out what has happened to Mary's trunk.
(d) She tells him to take the day off because everyone is too worried about Mary to need his services that day.
4. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He is black and she is white
(b) He doesn't want to lose his job
(c) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(d) He isn't afraid of anything
5. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
(a) He's embarrased.
(b) He hates her for it.
(c) He's indifferent.
(d) He loves her for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
2. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
3. Why does Max say a change of venue wouldn't matter?
4. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
5. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)