|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(b) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(d) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
2. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
(a) She's dressed in white and she looks suspicious.
(b) She's wearing a white pants suit and has her white hair tied back in a bun.
(c) She's dressed in white and she is very pale.
(d) She's wearing black because she knows Mary is dead.
3. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) All are correct.
(b) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
(c) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(d) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
4. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Out to the car
(b) Into the garage
(c) Into the basement
(d) To a dumpster
5. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Meeting her boyfriend
(b) Taking sewing lessons
(c) Teaching a class
(d) Learning to swim
Short Answer Questions
1. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
2. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
3. What is the third thing Bigger admitted to Max he would have liked to have been?
4. What is Max's reaction as he and Bigger say, "Good-bye?"
5. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)