|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
(a) Getting the job with the Daltons
(b) Never listening to his mother
(c) Not leaving town immeditely after the murder
(d) Being a black man
2. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(c) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(d) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
3. Who did Bigger open up to about his feelings?
(a) State's Attorney Buckley
(d) His mother
4. Near the end of Book Three, what did Bigger say to Max when he saw him for the last time?
(a) He wished he'd met Max before everythign happened.
(b) He wished Max had been a better lawyer.
(c) He wished Max had been his father.
(d) He was happy he'd gotten to know Max.
5. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(b) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(d) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
2. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
4. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
5. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)