|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) In foster care
(b) The gallows
(c) In jail
(d) Living on the street
2. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
(a) The room fill with smoke so Bigger has to get a fan to blow it out the basement window.
(b) The fire is smothered and the basement fills with smoke.
(c) The fire goes out and Bigger must restart it.
(d) The fire starts to get hot again.
3. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
(a) That someone will bring them together to make their lives better.
(b) That one day blacks will one day be equal to whites.
(c) That they will become superior to the whites and treat them like they have been treated.
(d) That they will one day make their own laws and rules.
4. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(b) They will use a car to getaway.
(c) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(d) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
5. What does Max want Bigger to do?
(a) Talk to his mother
(b) Try to escape
(c) Believe in himself
(d) Cry so he'd feel better
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger act during the first days after his capture?
2. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
3. How does the novel end?
4. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
5. What did Bigger try to figure out during the days before his sentence was fulfilled?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)