|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Max respond when Bigger asks why people hate him so much?
(a) They don't hate just him, they hate everyone that is different from them.
(b) That he had taken things from them and they hated him for it.
(c) They are afraid of losing what they have and will even hurt others to keep it.
(d) He was not doing what they wanted him to do.
2. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(b) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
(c) That he had to work.
(d) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
3. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) It's a violent race in Russia.
(b) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
(c) It's to do with Native Americans.
(d) It's American communists.
4. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
(a) The knife
(b) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(c) His bloody clothing
(d) Mary's purse
5. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
(b) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(c) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
(d) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
2. How many letters did Bigger write after his sentencing?
3. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
4. Why is Max upset during his final conversation with Bigger?
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)