|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary, and Jan enter the restaurant?
(a) Gus, Jack, and G.H..
(b) Jack and G.H..
(c) Gus and Bessie Mears.
(d) Jack and Bessie Mears.
2. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He puts her into her nightgown.
(b) He covers her.
(c) He leaves her alone.
(d) He kisses her.
3. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
(a) Mary probably waited for Bigger to leave then snuck out of the house again.
(b) Mary probably left earlier than expected because she is usually unpredictable.
(c) There must have been some kind of foul play because Mary is usally very responsible.
(d) To Bigger's shock she told him that Mary has lost her head since dating Jan Erlone.
4. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
(a) He climbs a water tower.
(b) He climbs into an apartment window.
(c) A fire escape.
(d) A roof top.
5. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
(a) Kidnapping and ransom.
(b) Blaming Mary's disappeareance on Leopold and Loeb.
(c) That he and Bessie should go out on the town.
(d) Contacting Leopold and Loeb for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
2. In Max's statement to the court in Book 3 of the novel, how does he portray the 12 million negroes living in the United States?
3. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
4. What does Bigger call the army?
5. How many members are in the Thomas family?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)