|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
2. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) Living on the street
(b) The gallows
(c) In foster care
(d) In jail
3. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(b) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(c) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(d) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
4. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(b) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(c) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(d) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
5. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(b) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(c) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(d) Her friend, Joan Erlone
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
2. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
3. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
4. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
5. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)