|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) They don't, he gets away one more time.
(b) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
(c) They shoot him in the leg.
(d) They use a water hose to soak him.
2. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) A bottle of rum
(b) Mary's purse
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) Mary's expensive necklace
3. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He puts her into her nightgown
(c) He leaves her alone
(d) He covers her
4. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He gets Peggy to help
(b) He carries her
(c) He gets her parents to help
(d) He drags her
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will help her in the kitchen.
(b) He will also do lawn work.
(c) He will also wash window.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
2. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
3. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
4. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
5. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)