|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He covers her
(c) He leaves her alone
(d) He puts her into her nightgown
2. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
(b) It's American communists.
(c) It's a violent race in Russia.
(d) It's to do with Native Americans.
3. What happens when Bigger arrives at Bessie's apartment and he tries to kiss her?
(a) She isn't interested because he ignored her at the diner.
(b) She tells him if he doesn't marry her it means he is ashamed of her.
(c) She argues with him about not being home when she tried to visit him the night before.
(d) She tells him that since he now has a job he can marry her.
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He finds her very attractive.
(b) He hates her instantly.
(c) He feels she is just like her mother.
(d) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
5. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
(a) So proud of his story he thinks of becoming a fiction writer.
(b) Like he is the one in control because he is telling them what he wants them to believe.
(c) Worried they will find something in his story that doesn't ring true.
(d) Afraid they won't believe him and that he'll be under suspicion.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
2. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
3. What happens when one of the men discovers bone and an earring in the ashes?
4. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
5. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)