|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
(a) About where the car was parked, the trunk and Jan Erlone.
(b) About Mary leaving her new clothing behind.
(c) About Jan Erlone's involvement with the communists.
(d) About where he took Mary the night before.
2. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
(a) Blaming Mary's disappeareance on Leopold and Loeb
(b) That he and Bessie should go out on the town
(c) Contacting Leopold and Loeb for advice
(d) Kidnapping and ransom
3. What happens when Bigger first awakens the morning after the murder?
(a) He doesn't think about what happened the night before.
(b) He remembers everything he did the night before.
(c) He tries to sneak out of the house unnoticed.
(d) He sees his brother, Buddy, staring at him suspiciously.
4. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
(a) Jan Erlone runs away when he sees Bigger has a knife.
(b) Bigger pulls a gun on Jan Erlone.
(c) Bigger runs away.
(d) Bigger tells Jan Erlone he doesn't need his help.
5. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
(a) He is afraid of the bad publicity.
(b) He's afraid his daughter is just doing this to disgrace the family.
(c) He doesn't think Jan Erlone has anything to do with it.
(d) He doesn't want the police invovled because doesn't trust them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
2. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
3. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
4. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
5. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)