|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
(a) About Jan Erlone's involvement with the communists.
(b) About where the car was parked, the trunk and Jan Erlone.
(c) About Mary leaving her new clothing behind.
(d) About where he took Mary the night before.
2. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
(b) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(c) He can't see anything because the light it out.
(d) The white cat watching him again.
3. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he knew something they didn't know.
(b) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
(c) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(d) That he was lucky to have a good job.
4. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
(b) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(c) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(d) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
5. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) It's to do with Native Americans.
(b) It's American communists.
(c) It's a violent race in Russia.
(d) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
2. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
3. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
4. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
5. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)