|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
(a) He has no regrets.
(b) He regrets she didn't see things his way.
(c) He didn't take back his engagement ring.
(d) He left $90 in her pocket.
2. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(c) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(d) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
3. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
4. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(b) Window washer.
5. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he does not want to continue his education.
(b) Because he has a prison record.
(c) Because he is in a gang.
(d) Because he doesn't like her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
2. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his scam?
3. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
4. In Book 2 Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
5. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)