|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(b) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
(c) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(d) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
2. What happens when one of the men discovers bone and an earring in the ashes?
(a) Bigger sneaks out of the basement door and runs to Bessie's apartment.
(b) He jumps out a window and hurts his knee, so he has to walk slowly to Bessie's apartment.
(c) Bigger slips away from the men then jumps out of a second story window into the snow.
(d) He jumps out of a second story windown into the snow then runs to Bessie's apartment.
3. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A rabid cat
(b) Their landlord
(c) A rat
(d) A gunman
4. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) He can't see anything because the light it out.
(b) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(c) The white cat watching him again.
(d) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
5. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's expensive necklace
(b) A bottle of rum
(c) Mary's purse
(d) The pamphlets Jan gave him
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
3. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
4. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
5. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)