|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
(a) Peggy the housekeeper
(b) Mrs. Dalton
(c) The Dalton's white cat.
(d) A neighbor peeking out their window
2. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) The gallows
(b) In foster care
(c) In jail
(d) Living on the street
3. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
(a) He is unhappy because the story isn't accurate.
(b) Becaue he has felt the same anger and hatred inside him his entire life and no one ever wrote about it before.
(c) Because he didn't like the attention that could result in his being caught.
(d) He is thrilled the newspaper is writing about him and thinks about killing again for more attention.
4. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
(b) The white cat watching him again.
(c) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(d) He can't see anything because the light it out.
5. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(c) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(d) Get them a better place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
3. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
4. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
5. Who is Britten?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)