|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does Bigger do to persuade her?
(a) He tells her it will be over between them if she doesn't help him.
(b) He threatens to beat her if she doesn't do what he wants.
(c) He holds a knife in a threatening way and warns her she had better help him.
(d) Reminds her she has already helped him steal enough to land her in jail. He also threatens to slap her.
2. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan, and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs.
(b) Ernestine's Chicken Shack.
(c) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack.
(d) Ernie's Kitchen Shack.
3. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
(a) He burns them.
(b) He sits on the bed and reads them.
(c) He throws them in the trash.
(d) He goes to his room in the Dalton house and carefully puts them in his drawer.
4. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mary Dalton.
(d) Mr. Dalton.
5. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He puts her into her nightgown.
(b) He leaves her alone.
(c) He covers her.
(d) He kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
3. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace; he just adds more coal. What happens then?
4. Where does Bigger say white people live?
5. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)