|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) The pool hall
(b) The Dalton's home
(c) Bessie's apartment
2. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
(b) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
(c) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
(d) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
3. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She is afraid of Bigger.
(b) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(c) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(d) She goes to get her husband.
4. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(b) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(c) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(d) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
5. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) "Black" against "White"
(c) Catch me if you can
(d) Kick the can
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
2. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
3. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
4. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
5. What does Bigger contemplate while standing on the rooftop?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)