|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Hopeless and Fun-loving
(b) Angry and Joker
(c) Helpless and Strong
(d) Pessimistic and Angry
2. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(b) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(c) That he knew something they didn't know.
(d) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
3. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(b) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(c) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(d) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
4. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
(b) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
(c) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(d) All are correct.
5. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(b) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(c) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
(d) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
2. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
3. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
4. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
5. How many people are searching for Bigger?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)