|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
(a) That they will one day make their own laws and rules.
(b) That they will become superior to the whites and treat them like they have been treated.
(c) That one day blacks will one day be equal to whites.
(d) That someone will bring them together to make their lives better.
2. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
(b) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(c) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
(d) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
3. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
(a) Bigger throws snowballs at him.
(b) Bigger knocks him unconscious.
(c) Bigger shootes him.
(d) Bigger runs away.
4. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(b) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(c) They will use a car to getaway.
(d) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
5. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
(a) Under the back door.
(b) On Mr. Dalton's desk in his office.
(c) In the Dalton mail box.
(d) Under the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
2. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
3. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
4. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
5. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)