|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
(a) That someone will bring them together to make their lives better.
(b) That they will become superior to the whites and treat them like they have been treated.
(c) That one day blacks will one day be equal to whites.
(d) That they will one day make their own laws and rules.
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) To a dumpster
(b) Out to the car
(c) Into the basement
(d) Into the garage
4. What does Bigger contemplate while standing on the rooftop?
(a) Jumping to his death.
(b) Trying to jump to the next building.
(c) Shooting himself.
(d) Trying to look for a fire escape.
5. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
3. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
4. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
5. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)