|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) In the ghetto
(b) On the south side of Chicago
(c) Inside fancy mansions
(d) Inside him and all other black people
2. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At the supermarket
(b) At Blum's Delicatessin
(c) At YMCA
(d) At the Dalton's
3. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
(a) He is spotted.
(b) He buries himself in snow so they don't see him.
(c) He hides behind a chimney.
(d) He gets away.
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(b) That she can read his mind.
(c) That she can look deep into his soul.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
5. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) A dollar and a pack of cigarettes
(b) Money and cigars
(c) A cigarette and a roll of dollars
(d) Candy and gum
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
2. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
3. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
4. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
5. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)