|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
(a) Bigger tells Jan Erlone he doesn't need his help.
(b) Bigger runs away.
(c) Bigger pulls a gun on Jan Erlone.
(d) Jan Erlone runs away when he sees Bigger has a knife.
2. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(b) They will use a car to getaway.
(c) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(d) They will use a gun and the person is white.
3. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) Like he should quit the new job.
(b) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(c) He feels uneasy and hates them.
(d) He likes them immediately.
4. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(b) That Mary had a heart attack.
(c) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(d) That he is a very lucky young man.
5. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(b) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(c) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(d) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
2. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
3. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
5. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)