|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
(b) G. H.
(d) Bigger's mom
2. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) The don't, they walk.
(c) In the front seat with Bigger.
(d) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
3. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) Catch me if you can
(c) Kick the can
(d) "Black" against "White"
4. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
(a) Jan Erlone runs away when he sees Bigger has a knife.
(b) Bigger runs away.
(c) Bigger tells Jan Erlone he doesn't need his help.
(d) Bigger pulls a gun on Jan Erlone.
5. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(b) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(c) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(d) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
2. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
3. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
4. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
5. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)