|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also take care of the furnace.
(b) He will also wash window.
(c) He will help her in the kitchen.
(d) He will also do lawn work.
2. How many people are searching for Bigger?
(a) Eight thousand police officers.
(b) Eight thousand police and vigilantes.
(c) Five thousand vigilantes.
(d) Eight thousand armed, angry, white men.
3. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
(a) To take the trunk to the attic because the Dalton's will start worrying about Mary if they see it.
(b) Go the the train station and pick up Mary's trunk because no one claimed it.
(c) She tells him to take the day off because everyone is too worried about Mary to need his services that day.
(d) Go to the train station and find out what has happened to Mary's trunk.
4. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(b) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(c) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(d) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
5. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Earn a lot of money
(b) Fly a plane
(c) Drive a car
(d) Rob a bank
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
2. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
3. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
4. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
5. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)