|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He says he will give her half the money.
(b) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
(c) He threatens to murder her family.
(d) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
2. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(b) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(c) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(d) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
3. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
(a) He tells her it will be over between them if she doesn't help him.
(b) He threatens to beat her if she doesn't do what he wants.
(c) He holds a knife in a threatening way and warns her she had better help him.
(d) Reminds her she has already helped him steal enough to land her in jail. He also threatens to slap her.
4. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(b) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(c) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(d) They will use a car to getaway.
5. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
(a) In the Dalton mail box.
(b) On Mr. Dalton's desk in his office.
(c) Under the back door.
(d) Under the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
2. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
3. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
4. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
5. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)