|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members are in the Thomas family?
2. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
(b) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
(c) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
(d) It has given meaning to his life.
3. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(b) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(c) That he knew something they didn't know.
(d) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
4. What happens when one of the men discovers bone and an earring in the ashes?
(a) He jumps out a window and hurts his knee, so he has to walk slowly to Bessie's apartment.
(b) He jumps out of a second story windown into the snow then runs to Bessie's apartment.
(c) Bigger slips away from the men then jumps out of a second story window into the snow.
(d) Bigger sneaks out of the basement door and runs to Bessie's apartment.
5. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
(b) All are correct.
(c) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(d) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
3. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
4. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
5. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)