|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(b) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
(c) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
(d) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
2. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(b) Drink until they all pass out.
(c) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(d) Get drunk and read pamphlets
3. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
(a) He asks Mrs. Dalton what time Mary's train is supposed to leave, because he doesn't want them to be late.
(b) He loads her trunk, waits by the car, rings the bell, then asks Peggy what he should do since Mary has not come down.
(c) He eats his breakfast then asks Peggy to go upstairs and find out what is taking Mary so long.
(d) He eats breakfast with the Daltons as though nothing unusual has happened.
4. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
(a) Under the front door.
(b) In the Dalton mail box.
(c) Under the back door.
(d) On Mr. Dalton's desk in his office.
5. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(b) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(c) She is afraid of Bigger.
(d) She goes to get her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
2. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
3. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
4. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
5. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)