|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) They are classmates
(b) It is a volatile relationship
(c) They are best friends
(d) They are half brothers
2. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(c) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(d) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
3. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
(a) To take the trunk to the attic because the Dalton's will start worrying about Mary if they see it.
(b) She tells him to take the day off because everyone is too worried about Mary to need his services that day.
(c) Go the the train station and pick up Mary's trunk because no one claimed it.
(d) Go to the train station and find out what has happened to Mary's trunk.
4. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) The lifestyle of rich white people
(b) That white's are all communists
(c) That white people will suffer in the depression
(d) That blacks can also be rich
5. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
(a) He doesn't know the ashes need to be removed.
(b) Fear and dread
(c) He is afraid of burning himself.
(d) He wants to make sure Mary's body is completely burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bigger arrives at Bessie's apartment and he tries to kiss her?
2. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
3. How many members are in the Thomas family?
4. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
5. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)