|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(b) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(c) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
(d) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
2. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) Kick the can
(b) "Black" against "White"
(d) Catch me if you can
3. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He threatens to murder her family.
(b) He says he will give her half the money.
(c) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(d) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
4. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) It has given meaning to his life.
(b) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
(c) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
(d) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
5. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) He feels uneasy and hates them.
(b) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(c) He likes them immediately.
(d) Like he should quit the new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
2. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
3. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
4. How many people are searching for Bigger?
5. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)