|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) Home to her house
(b) To catch the train
(c) To catch a bus
(d) To Mary's house
2. How many people are searching for Bigger?
(a) Five thousand vigilantes.
(b) Eight thousand armed, angry, white men.
(c) Eight thousand police officers.
(d) Eight thousand police and vigilantes.
3. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's purse
(b) A bottle of rum
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) Mary's expensive necklace
4. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
(a) He threatens to beat her if she doesn't do what he wants.
(b) Reminds her she has already helped him steal enough to land her in jail. He also threatens to slap her.
(c) He holds a knife in a threatening way and warns her she had better help him.
(d) He tells her it will be over between them if she doesn't help him.
5. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(b) He threatens to murder her family.
(c) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
(d) He says he will give her half the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
2. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
3. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
4. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
5. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)