|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
(a) G. H.
(c) Bigger's mom
2. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
(a) Bigger tells Jan Erlone he doesn't need his help.
(b) Bigger runs away.
(c) Bigger pulls a gun on Jan Erlone.
(d) Jan Erlone runs away when he sees Bigger has a knife.
3. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
(a) It keeps looking from the furnace to Bigger and back again.
(b) Jumps on his shoulder, then walks around his feet.
(c) Sits staring intently at Bigger.
(d) Jumps on his shoulder and digs in its claws.
4. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(c) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(d) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
5. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Out to the car
(b) To a dumpster
(c) Into the garage
(d) Into the basement
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger contemplate while standing on the rooftop?
2. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
3. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
4. In book two, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
5. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)