|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
(a) He stuffs the corner of her blanket in her mouth.
(b) He puts a pillow over her face.
(c) He puts his hand over her mouth.
(d) He kisses her.
2. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
(a) The room fill with smoke so Bigger has to get a fan to blow it out the basement window.
(b) The fire starts to get hot again.
(c) The fire goes out and Bigger must restart it.
(d) The fire is smothered and the basement fills with smoke.
3. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(b) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(c) That he is a very lucky young man.
(d) That Mary had a heart attack.
4. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) Inside him and all other black people
(b) Inside fancy mansions
(c) In the ghetto
(d) On the south side of Chicago
5. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch the train
(b) Home to her house
(c) To Mary's house
(d) To catch a bus
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
2. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
3. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
4. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
5. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)