|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
(a) He asks Mrs. Dalton what time Mary's train is supposed to leave, because he doesn't want them to be late.
(b) He loads her trunk, waits by the car, rings the bell, then asks Peggy what he should do since Mary has not come down.
(c) He eats breakfast with the Daltons as though nothing unusual has happened.
(d) He eats his breakfast then asks Peggy to go upstairs and find out what is taking Mary so long.
2. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(b) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
(c) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
(d) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
3. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
4. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch a bus
(b) Home to her house
(c) To catch the train
(d) To Mary's house
5. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he knew something they didn't know.
(b) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(c) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(d) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
3. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
4. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
5. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)