|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(b) They will use a car to getaway.
(c) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(d) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
2. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The house-keeper.
(b) Mr. Dalton
(c) Mary Dalton
(d) The butler.
3. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(b) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(c) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(d) Her friend, Joan Erlone
4. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(b) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
(c) She wanted to know why he came in after 4 in the morning.
(d) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
5. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Drink until they all pass out.
(b) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(c) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(d) Get drunk and read pamphlets
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
2. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
3. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
4. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
5. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)