|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(b) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(c) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(d) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
2. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
(a) A white, vacant, quiet building.
(b) A tall, white and silent building.
(c) A vacant building in the slums.
(d) A large, white building.
3. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(b) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(c) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(d) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
4. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(a) Bessie Mears
(c) Jan Erlone
5. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
(a) "Better Red than Dead" in red ink
(b) "Red", with a drawing of a noose
(c) "Red", with a drawing of a hammer and sickle
(d) "J. Erlone", with a drawing of a noose
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
2. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
3. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
4. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)