|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
(a) About Mary leaving her new clothing behind.
(b) About Jan Erlone's involvement with the communists.
(c) About where the car was parked, the trunk and Jan Erlone.
(d) About where he took Mary the night before.
2. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
(a) So proud of his story he thinks of becoming a fiction writer.
(b) Worried they will find something in his story that doesn't ring true.
(c) Like he is the one in control because he is telling them what he wants them to believe.
(d) Afraid they won't believe him and that he'll be under suspicion.
3. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(a) Jack's father
(b) G.L.'s brother
(d) Mr. Dalton
4. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He puts her into her nightgown
(b) He leaves her alone
(c) He kisses her
(d) He covers her
5. What does Bigger overhear Mrs. Dalton saying to Peggy when she learns her daughter is gone?
(a) She complains that she took her daughter shopping for expensive clothing that she didn't even pack for her trip.
(b) She expresses her dislike for the people Mary travels with, and is shocked she hadn't even packed her new clothing for the trip.
(c) She admits she isn't comfortable with Bigger living in the house and wonders if he frightened her daughter away.
(d) She expains that she does not trust the people Mary associates herself with, and suspects they have something to do with Mary not being home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
2. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
3. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
4. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
5. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)