|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get them a better place to live.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(d) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
2. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(b) That he had to work.
(c) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(d) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
3. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Rob a bank
(b) Earn a lot of money
(c) Fly a plane
(d) Drive a car
4. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Angry and Joker
(b) Helpless and Strong
(c) Pessimistic and Angry
(d) Hopeless and Fun-loving
5. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(b) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(c) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(d) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
3. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
4. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
5. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)