|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
(a) Bigger runs away.
(b) Jan Erlone runs away when he sees Bigger has a knife.
(c) Bigger pulls a gun on Jan Erlone.
(d) Bigger tells Jan Erlone he doesn't need his help.
2. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
(a) There must have been some kind of foul play because Mary is usally very responsible.
(b) Mary probably left earlier than expected because she is usually unpredictable.
(c) Mary probably waited for Bigger to leave then snuck out of the house again.
(d) To Bigger's shock she told him that Mary has lost her head since dating Jan Erlone.
3. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
(a) "Red", with a drawing of a hammer and sickle
(b) "Better Red than Dead" in red ink
(c) "J. Erlone", with a drawing of a noose
(d) "Red", with a drawing of a noose
4. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
(a) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him the night before and talked about marriage.
(b) That their mother was happy he got the job.
(c) That he would keep quiet for a price.
(d) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him and that she was angry he wasn't there.
5. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(a) window washer
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
2. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
3. The story is set in what decade?
4. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
5. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)