|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
(a) He buries himself in snow so they don't see him.
(b) He hides behind a chimney.
(c) He gets away.
(d) He is spotted.
2. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
(b) They don't, he gets away one more time.
(c) They shoot him in the leg.
(d) They use a water hose to soak him.
3. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(b) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
(c) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(d) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
4. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
(a) He hides with a group of homeless people living near the river.
(b) He buys a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(c) He steals a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(d) He steals a loaf of bread then hides in an alley to eat it.
5. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessen.
(b) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus, then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(d) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall, then stabs Gus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
2. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
3. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan, and Bigger go to eat?
5. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)