|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
2. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) Money and cigars.
(b) Candy and gum.
(c) A cigarette and a roll of dollars.
(d) A dollar and a pack of cigarettes.
3. In Book 2, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
(a) That the negros want to be left alone and the communists forcing their beliefs on them.
(b) That negros are becomming more involved with communism.
(c) That the communists and the negros are working together to get the ransom.
(d) That the communists have plotted the kidnapping and are blaming it on Bigger.
4. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
(a) Bigger runs away.
(b) Bigger throws snowballs at him.
(c) Bigger shoots him.
(d) Bigger knocks him unconscious.
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will also take care of the furnace.
(c) He will help her in the kitchen.
(d) He will also wash the windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
2. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
3. How many members are in the Thomas family?
4. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only wrote about him after he killed Mary?
5. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)