|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) In jail
(b) The gallows
(c) In foster care
(d) Living on the street
2. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) "Black" against "White"
(c) Kick the can
(d) Catch me if you can
3. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(c) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(d) Get them a better place to live.
4. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(b) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(c) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
(d) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
5. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
(a) Sits staring intently at Bigger.
(b) It keeps looking from the furnace to Bigger and back again.
(c) Jumps on his shoulder and digs in its claws.
(d) Jumps on his shoulder, then walks around his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
2. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
3. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
4. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
5. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)