|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
(a) Mrs. Dalton
(b) The Dalton's white cat.
(c) Peggy the housekeeper
(d) A neighbor peeking out their window
2. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That blacks can also be rich
(b) That white people will suffer in the depression
(c) The lifestyle of rich white people
(d) That white's are all communists
3. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(d) Lost Soul
4. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
5. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
(b) They don't, he gets away one more time.
(c) They use a water hose to soak him.
(d) They shoot him in the leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
2. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
3. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
4. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
5. Where does Bigger say white people live?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)