|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch the train
(b) To Mary's house
(c) Home to her house
(d) To catch a bus
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he has a prison record.
(b) Because he does not want to continue his education.
(c) Because he is in a gang.
(d) Because he doesn't like her family.
3. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
(a) Because he didn't like the attention that could result in his being caught.
(b) He is unhappy because the story isn't accurate.
(c) He is thrilled the newspaper is writing about him and thinks about killing again for more attention.
(d) Becaue he has felt the same anger and hatred inside him his entire life and no one ever wrote about it before.
4. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He says he will give her half the money.
(b) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(c) He threatens to murder her family.
(d) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
5. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(b) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(c) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(d) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
2. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
3. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
4. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
5. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)