|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(b) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(c) Get them a better place to live.
(d) Get a job.
2. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
(b) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
(c) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(d) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
3. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(b) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(c) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(d) They will use a car to getaway.
4. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
5. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) The white cat watching him again.
(b) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(c) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
(d) He can't see anything because the light it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
2. Who is Britten?
3. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
4. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
5. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)