|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(a) Jack's father
(c) G.L.'s brother
(d) Mr. Dalton
2. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Angry and Joker
(b) Helpless and Strong
(c) Pessimistic and Angry
(d) Hopeless and Fun-loving
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
(a) He half wishes he was a believer like his mother, but doesn't want to give up his sense of self.
(b) He hates the music and can't wait to find another apartment.
(c) He hums along, but feeling to peace he gets angry.
(d) He wishes he could be with his mother.
4. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(b) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(c) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(d) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
5. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
(a) He laughs and says Mary killed herself by jumping in the river and he just watched.
(b) He denies killing Mary, but admits he stole money from her.
(c) He admits that he killed Mary and threatens Bessie, too.
(d) He admits that he killed Mary and tells Bessie he'll tell everyone she helped him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
2. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
3. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
5. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)