|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he knew something they didn't know.
(b) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(c) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(d) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
2. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
3. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(b) That she can read his mind.
(c) That she can look deep into his soul.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
4. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
5. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
(a) He hates the music and can't wait to find another apartment.
(b) He half wishes he was a believer like his mother, but doesn't want to give up his sense of self.
(c) He wishes he could be with his mother.
(d) He hums along, but feeling to peace he gets angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
2. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
3. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
4. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
5. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)