|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(b) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
(c) The white cat watching him again.
(d) He can't see anything because the light it out.
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) On the south side of Chicago
(b) Inside fancy mansions
(c) Inside him and all other black people
(d) In the ghetto
3. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
(a) A fire escape
(b) He climbs a water tower
(c) A roof top
(d) He climbs into an apartment window
4. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(b) All are correct.
(c) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
(d) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(b) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(c) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(d) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
2. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
3. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
4. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
5. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)