|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
2. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(b) That he had to work.
(c) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(d) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
3. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A rat
(b) A gunman
(c) Their landlord
(d) A rabid cat
4. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(d) New York City
5. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
(a) That he and Bessie should go out on the town
(b) Contacting Leopold and Loeb for advice
(c) Kidnapping and ransom
(d) Blaming Mary's disappeareance on Leopold and Loeb
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
2. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
3. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
4. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
5. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)