|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
(a) He has no regrets.
(b) He regrets she didn't see things his way.
(c) He left $90 in her pocket.
(d) He didn't take back his engagement ring.
2. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) He can't see anything because the light it out.
(b) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(c) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
(d) The white cat watching him again.
3. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(b) The Dalton's home
(c) The pool hall
(d) Bessie's apartment
4. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
(a) She's wearing a white pants suit and has her white hair tied back in a bun.
(b) She's wearing black because she knows Mary is dead.
(c) She's dressed in white and she looks suspicious.
(d) She's dressed in white and she is very pale.
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
2. What does Bigger overhear Mrs. Dalton saying to Peggy when she learns her daughter is gone?
3. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
4. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
5. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)