|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
(a) He burns them.
(b) He throws them in the trash.
(c) He goes to his room in the Dalton house and carefully puts them in his drawer.
(d) He sits on the bed and reads them.
2. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Meeting her boyfriend
(b) Taking sewing lessons
(c) Learning to swim
(d) Teaching a class
3. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
(a) Mrs. Dalton and a white private investigator.
(b) Mr. Dalton and a group of white men.
(c) The police.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Dalton and Peggy.
4. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
(a) He has no regrets.
(b) He left $90 in her pocket.
(c) He regrets she didn't see things his way.
(d) He didn't take back his engagement ring.
5. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) It is a volatile relationship
(b) They are half brothers
(c) They are classmates
(d) They are best friends
Short Answer Questions
1. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
2. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
4. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
5. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)