|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(b) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(c) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
(d) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
2. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
(c) To a communist rally
(d) To a union meeting
3. What happens when one of the men discovers bone and an earring in the ashes?
(a) Bigger slips away from the men then jumps out of a second story window into the snow.
(b) Bigger sneaks out of the basement door and runs to Bessie's apartment.
(c) He jumps out a window and hurts his knee, so he has to walk slowly to Bessie's apartment.
(d) He jumps out of a second story windown into the snow then runs to Bessie's apartment.
4. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
(a) There must have been some kind of foul play because Mary is usally very responsible.
(b) Mary probably left earlier than expected because she is usually unpredictable.
(c) To Bigger's shock she told him that Mary has lost her head since dating Jan Erlone.
(d) Mary probably waited for Bigger to leave then snuck out of the house again.
5. In book two, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
(a) That the communists and the negros are working together to get the ransom.
(b) That the communists have plotted the kidnapping and are blaming it on Bigger.
(c) That negros are becomming more involved with communisim.
(d) That the negros want to be left alone and the communists forcing their beliefs on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
2. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
3. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
4. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
5. How many people are searching for Bigger?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)