|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
(b) It's to do with Native Americans.
(c) It's a violent race in Russia.
(d) It's American communists.
2. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(b) Lost Soul
3. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
(a) He sleeps then awakens realizing he must kill Bessie.
(b) He rapes her then after she falls alseep kills her with a brick then throws her body down an air shaft.
(c) He smashes her head with a brick then runs away.
(d) He rapes her then cuts off her head like he did Mary's and throws her body down an air shaft.
4. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
(a) He didn't take back his engagement ring.
(b) He has no regrets.
(c) He regrets she didn't see things his way.
(d) He left $90 in her pocket.
5. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(b) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(c) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(d) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
2. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
3. How many members are in the Thomas family?
4. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
5. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)