|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
(a) He admits that he killed Mary and tells Bessie he'll tell everyone she helped him.
(b) He laughs and says Mary killed herself by jumping in the river and he just watched.
(c) He admits that he killed Mary and threatens Bessie, too.
(d) He denies killing Mary, but admits he stole money from her.
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Ship it in the trunk to Jan.
(b) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
(c) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
(d) Burn it in the furnace.
4. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) They don't, he gets away one more time.
(b) They use a water hose to soak him.
(c) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
(d) They shoot him in the leg.
5. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
(a) "Red," with a drawing of a hammer and sickle.
(b) "Better Red than Dead" in red ink.
(c) "Red," with a drawing of a noose.
(d) "J. Erlone," with a drawing of a noose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
2. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
3. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
4. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary, and Jan do as they drive around the park?
5. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only wrote about him after he killed Mary?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)