|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(b) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
(c) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
(d) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
2. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(b) That Mary had a heart attack.
(c) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(d) That he is a very lucky young man.
3. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Angry and Joker
(b) Hopeless and Fun-loving
(c) Pessimistic and Angry
(d) Helpless and Strong
4. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
(a) That he has no idea what could have happened since Mary was fine when he left her.
(b) That the "gentleman", Jan Erlone, was planning on spending the night and he was going to go with Mary to the train in the morning.
(c) He confesses that Mary had been drunk the night before and that "the gentleman", Jan Erlone, insisted on driving her home, but dropped Bigger at his home first.
(d) That the car is in the driveway because "the gentleman", Jan, was going to drive himself home the night before.
5. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's purse
(b) A bottle of rum
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) Mary's expensive necklace
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
2. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
3. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
4. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
5. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)