|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(c) New York City
2. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She goes to get her husband.
(b) She is afraid of Bigger.
(c) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(d) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
3. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(b) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(c) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(d) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He finds her very attractive.
(b) He feels she is just like her mother.
(c) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(d) He hates her instantly.
5. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(b) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(c) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(d) They will use a car to getaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
2. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
3. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
4. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
5. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)