|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) Candy and gum
(b) Money and cigars
(c) A dollar and a pack of cigarettes
(d) A cigarette and a roll of dollars
2. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(b) He feels she is just like her mother.
(c) He finds her very attractive.
(d) He hates her instantly.
3. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
(a) She's wearing a white pants suit and has her white hair tied back in a bun.
(b) She's dressed in white and she is very pale.
(c) She's wearing black because she knows Mary is dead.
(d) She's dressed in white and she looks suspicious.
4. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
(a) Jumps on his shoulder, then walks around his feet.
(b) Jumps on his shoulder and digs in its claws.
(c) Sits staring intently at Bigger.
(d) It keeps looking from the furnace to Bigger and back again.
5. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
(a) Gus and Bessie Mears
(b) Jack and Bessie Mears
(c) Gus, Jack and G.H.
(d) Jack and G.H.
Short Answer Questions
1. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
2. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
3. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
4. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
5. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)