|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
(b) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
(c) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(d) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
2. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
(b) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
(c) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(d) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
3. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) Bessie's apartment
(b) The pool hall
(d) The Dalton's home
4. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
(a) He laughs and says Mary killed herself by jumping in the river and he just watched.
(b) He admits that he killed Mary and tells Bessie he'll tell everyone she helped him.
(c) He admits that he killed Mary and threatens Bessie, too.
(d) He denies killing Mary, but admits he stole money from her.
5. What does Jan Erlone think when he hears Bigger's lie about him?
(a) That they are all crazy and should be looking for Mary instead of questioning him.
(b) That Mr. Dalton and Britten are making Bigger lie.
(c) That Bigger is the person responsible for Mary's disappearance.
(d) That Mr. Dalton, Britten and Bigger just hate communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
2. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
3. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
4. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
5. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)