|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) Bessie's apartment
(b) The Dalton's home
(c) The pool hall
2. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He covers her
(b) He leaves her alone
(c) He puts her into her nightgown
(d) He kisses her
3. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
(b) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
(c) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
(d) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
4. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he is a very lucky young man.
(b) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(c) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(d) That Mary had a heart attack.
5. How many people are searching for Bigger?
(a) Eight thousand police officers.
(b) Eight thousand police and vigilantes.
(c) Eight thousand armed, angry, white men.
(d) Five thousand vigilantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
2. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
3. What does Jan Erlone think when he hears Bigger's lie about him?
4. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
5. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)