|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(b) Catch me if you can
(c) "Black" against "White"
(d) Kick the can
2. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(b) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(c) That he had to work.
(d) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
3. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) The lifestyle of rich white people
(b) That blacks can also be rich
(c) That white people will suffer in the depression
(d) That white's are all communists
4. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
(a) That they will one day make their own laws and rules.
(b) That one day blacks will one day be equal to whites.
(c) That someone will bring them together to make their lives better.
(d) That they will become superior to the whites and treat them like they have been treated.
5. What does Bigger overhear Mrs. Dalton saying to Peggy when she learns her daughter is gone?
(a) She admits she isn't comfortable with Bigger living in the house and wonders if he frightened her daughter away.
(b) She expresses her dislike for the people Mary travels with, and is shocked she hadn't even packed her new clothing for the trip.
(c) She expains that she does not trust the people Mary associates herself with, and suspects they have something to do with Mary not being home.
(d) She complains that she took her daughter shopping for expensive clothing that she didn't even pack for her trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
2. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
3. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
4. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
5. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)