|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger first awakens the morning after the murder?
(a) He sees his brother, Buddy, staring at him suspiciously.
(b) He doesn't think about what happened the night before.
(c) He remembers everything he did the night before.
(d) He tries to sneak out of the house unnoticed.
2. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At YMCA
(b) At the Dalton's
(c) At the supermarket
(d) At Blum's Delicatessin
3. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He hates her instantly.
(d) He feels she is just like her mother.
4. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) They shoot him in the leg.
(b) They use a water hose to soak him.
(c) They don't, he gets away one more time.
(d) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
5. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A rat
(b) A gunman
(c) A rabid cat
(d) Their landlord
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
2. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
3. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
4. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
5. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)