|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
(b) It has given meaning to his life.
(c) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
(d) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
2. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
(a) He hums along, but feeling to peace he gets angry.
(b) He wishes he could be with his mother.
(c) He half wishes he was a believer like his mother, but doesn't want to give up his sense of self.
(d) He hates the music and can't wait to find another apartment.
3. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) They shoot him in the leg.
(b) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
(c) They use a water hose to soak him.
(d) They don't, he gets away one more time.
4. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
(a) He buries himself in snow so they don't see him.
(b) He hides behind a chimney.
(c) He gets away.
(d) He is spotted.
5. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
(a) A vacant building in the slums.
(b) A large, white building.
(c) A white, vacant, quiet building.
(d) A tall, white and silent building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
2. What does Bigger contemplate while standing on the rooftop?
3. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
4. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
5. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)