|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(b) Lost Soul
2. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At the Dalton's
(b) At YMCA
(c) At Blum's Delicatessin
(d) At the supermarket
3. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(b) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(c) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(d) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
4. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mr. Dalton
(b) Mary Dalton
(c) The house-keeper.
(d) The butler.
5. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
(a) Afraid they won't believe him and that he'll be under suspicion.
(b) Like he is the one in control because he is telling them what he wants them to believe.
(c) So proud of his story he thinks of becoming a fiction writer.
(d) Worried they will find something in his story that doesn't ring true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
2. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
3. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
4. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
5. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)