|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he has a prison record.
(b) Because he does not want to continue his education.
(c) Because he doesn't like her family.
(d) Because he is in a gang.
2. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
(b) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(c) The white cat watching him again.
(d) He can't see anything because the light it out.
3. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To Mary's house
(b) Home to her house
(c) To catch the train
(d) To catch a bus
4. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
(a) He buries himself in snow so they don't see him.
(b) He is spotted.
(c) He gets away.
(d) He hides behind a chimney.
5. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Out to the car
(b) Into the basement
(c) To a dumpster
(d) Into the garage
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
2. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
3. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
4. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
5. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)