|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
(b) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
(c) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(d) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
2. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) The don't, they walk.
(c) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(d) In the front seat with Bigger.
3. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He says he will give her half the money.
(b) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
(c) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(d) He threatens to murder her family.
4. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
5. What happens when Bigger arrives at Bessie's apartment and he tries to kiss her?
(a) She argues with him about not being home when she tried to visit him the night before.
(b) She isn't interested because he ignored her at the diner.
(c) She tells him that since he now has a job he can marry her.
(d) She tells him if he doesn't marry her it means he is ashamed of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
2. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
3. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
4. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
5. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)