|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) Inside him and all other black people
(b) Inside fancy mansions
(c) On the south side of Chicago
(d) In the ghetto
2. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(b) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(c) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(d) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
3. What does Bigger overhear Mrs. Dalton saying to Peggy when she learns her daughter is gone?
(a) She admits she isn't comfortable with Bigger living in the house and wonders if he frightened her daughter away.
(b) She complains that she took her daughter shopping for expensive clothing that she didn't even pack for her trip.
(c) She expresses her dislike for the people Mary travels with, and is shocked she hadn't even packed her new clothing for the trip.
(d) She expains that she does not trust the people Mary associates herself with, and suspects they have something to do with Mary not being home.
4. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(b) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(c) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(d) Her friend, Joan Erlone
5. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
(a) He is unhappy because the story isn't accurate.
(b) Becaue he has felt the same anger and hatred inside him his entire life and no one ever wrote about it before.
(c) He is thrilled the newspaper is writing about him and thinks about killing again for more attention.
(d) Because he didn't like the attention that could result in his being caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
2. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
3. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
4. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
5. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)