|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(b) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(c) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(d) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
2. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He says he will give her half the money.
(b) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
(c) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(d) He threatens to murder her family.
3. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(b) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(c) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(d) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
4. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
(a) Gus, Jack and G.H.
(b) Jack and G.H.
(c) Gus and Bessie Mears
(d) Jack and Bessie Mears
5. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(b) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(c) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
(d) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
2. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
3. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
4. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
5. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)