|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
(b) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(c) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
(d) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
2. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That white people will suffer in the depression
(b) That blacks can also be rich
(c) The lifestyle of rich white people
(d) That white's are all communists
3. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
(a) He sees his family as afraid as compared to Mary's confidence.
(b) He sees his family's poor existence compared to Mary's rich life.
(c) He sees his family as alive compared to Mary being dead.
(d) He sees his family as a burden compared to new possibilites created by Mary's death.
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(b) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(c) That she can look deep into his soul.
(d) That she can read his mind.
5. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) Money and cigars
(b) Candy and gum
(c) A cigarette and a roll of dollars
(d) A dollar and a pack of cigarettes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
2. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
4. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
5. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)