|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(b) Bessie Mears
(d) Jan Erlone
2. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(b) That she can read his mind.
(c) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(d) That she can look deep into his soul.
3. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
(a) To a union meeting
(d) To a communist rally
4. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) In the ghetto
(b) Inside fancy mansions
(c) On the south side of Chicago
(d) Inside him and all other black people
5. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) Like he should quit the new job.
(b) He likes them immediately.
(c) He feels uneasy and hates them.
(d) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
2. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
3. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
4. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
5. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)