|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At the Dalton's
(b) At Blum's Delicatessin
(c) At YMCA
(d) At the supermarket
2. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She is afraid of Bigger.
(b) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(c) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(d) She goes to get her husband.
3. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
(a) The knife
(b) His bloody clothing
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) Mary's purse
4. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Dalton and Peggy.
(b) Mr. Dalton and a group of white men.
(c) The police.
(d) Mrs. Dalton and a white private investigator.
5. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(b) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
(c) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(d) That he had to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book two, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
2. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
3. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
4. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
5. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)