|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She doesn't want to go home.
(b) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) She is too drunk to walk.
2. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
3. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
(a) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him and that she was angry he wasn't there.
(b) That their mother was happy he got the job.
(c) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him the night before and talked about marriage.
(d) That he would keep quiet for a price.
4. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
(b) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(c) She wanted to know why he came in after four in the morning.
(d) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
5. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(b) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(c) Learning the secret to "getting hold of money."
(d) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
2. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
3. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
4. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
5. What does Bigger contemplate while standing on the rooftop of the building where he is hiding?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)