|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Into the basement
(b) Out to the car
(c) To a dumpster
(d) Into the garage
2. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he knew something they didn't know.
(b) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(c) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
(d) That he killed a rich, white girl.
3. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
(a) Mary probably left earlier than expected because she is usually unpredictable.
(b) There must have been some kind of foul play because Mary is usally very responsible.
(c) Mary probably waited for Bigger to leave then snuck out of the house again.
(d) To Bigger's shock she told him that Mary has lost her head since dating Jan Erlone.
4. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
(a) How Mrs. Dalton nearly caught him with Mary in her bedroom the night before.
(b) How his mother warned him he'll end up in the gallows if he doesn't straighten out his life.
(c) How noisy he was when he took the trunk to the car that morning.
(d) How noisy he was when he took the trunk the the basement the night before.
5. How many members are in the Thomas family?
Short Answer Questions
1. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
2. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
3. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
4. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
5. How many people are searching for Bigger?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)