|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
2. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(b) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(c) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(d) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
3. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall, then stabs Gus.
(b) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessen.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus, then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(d) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
4. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(c) Window washer.
5. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(b) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
(c) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(d) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
2. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
3. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
4. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
5. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)