|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(b) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(c) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(d) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
2. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(b) window washer
3. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
(a) Peggy the housekeeper
(b) The Dalton's white cat.
(c) A neighbor peeking out their window
(d) Mrs. Dalton
4. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That Mary had a heart attack.
(b) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(c) That he is a very lucky young man.
(d) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
5. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He leaves her alone
(b) He covers her
(c) He puts her into her nightgown
(d) He kisses her
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
2. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
4. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
5. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)