|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(b) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(c) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(d) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
2. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) The don't, they walk.
(c) In the front seat with Bigger.
(d) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(b) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(c) Drink until they all pass out.
(d) Get drunk and read pamphlets
4. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(c) New York City
5. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) Their landlord
(b) A rabid cat
(c) A rat
(d) A gunman
Short Answer Questions
1. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
3. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
4. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
5. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)