|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
2. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(b) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
(c) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(d) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
3. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) They are half brothers
(b) It is a volatile relationship
(c) They are best friends
(d) They are classmates
4. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) A shack along the waterfront
(b) In the basement of an abandoned building
(c) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(d) In a condo on the river
5. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(d) New York City
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
2. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
3. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
4. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)