|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(b) New York City
2. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(b) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(c) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(d) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
3. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He leaves her alone
(b) He kisses her
(c) He covers her
(d) He puts her into her nightgown
4. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Going to college
(b) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
(c) Taking classes at the YMCA
(d) Robbing a liquior store
5. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He gets her parents to help
(b) He drags her
(c) He gets Peggy to help
(d) He carries her
Short Answer Questions
1. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
2. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
3. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
4. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
5. Where does Bigger say white people live?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)