|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(a) Jack's father
(b) G.L.'s brother
(d) Mr. Dalton
2. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) A shack along the waterfront
(b) In the basement of an abandoned building
(c) In a condo on the river
(d) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
3. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Robbing a liquior store
(b) Taking classes at the YMCA
(c) Going to college
(d) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
4. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(b) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(c) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(d) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
5. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(b) In the back seat.
(c) In the front seat with Bigger.
(d) The don't, they walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
3. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
5. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)