|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) The lifestyle of rich white people
(b) That white's are all communists
(c) That white people will suffer in the depression
(d) That blacks can also be rich
2. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Burn it in the furnace.
(b) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(c) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
(d) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
3. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She goes to get her husband.
(b) She is afraid of Bigger.
(c) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(d) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
4. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mr. Dalton
(b) The house-keeper.
(c) Mary Dalton
(d) The butler.
5. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(b) Like he should quit the new job.
(c) He likes them immediately.
(d) He feels uneasy and hates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
3. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
4. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
5. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)