|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) In the ghetto
(b) Inside him and all other black people
(c) On the south side of Chicago
(d) Inside fancy mansions
2. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Going to college
(b) Robbing a liquior store
(c) Taking classes at the YMCA
(d) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
3. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(b) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(c) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
(d) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
4. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The butler.
(b) The house-keeper.
(c) Mr. Dalton
(d) Mary Dalton
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will also wash window.
(c) He will help her in the kitchen.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
2. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
3. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
4. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
5. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)