|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Rob a bank
(b) Earn a lot of money
(c) Fly a plane
(d) Drive a car
2. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) They are half brothers
(b) They are best friends
(c) They are classmates
(d) It is a volatile relationship
3. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(b) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(c) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
(d) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
4. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At the supermarket
(b) At Blum's Delicatessin
(c) At YMCA
(d) At the Dalton's
5. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(b) In the basement of an abandoned building
(c) In a condo on the river
(d) A shack along the waterfront
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
5. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)