|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(a) New York City
2. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(a) window washer
3. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) A bottle of rum
(b) Mary's purse
(c) Mary's expensive necklace
(d) The pamphlets Jan gave him
4. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(b) In the basement of an abandoned building
(c) In a condo on the river
(d) A shack along the waterfront
5. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) On the south side of Chicago
(b) In the ghetto
(c) Inside fancy mansions
(d) Inside him and all other black people
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
3. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
4. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
5. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)