|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He is black and she is white
(b) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job
(d) He isn't afraid of anything
2. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
(b) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(c) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(d) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
3. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) Their landlord
(b) A rat
(c) A rabid cat
(d) A gunman
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) That she can look deep into his soul.
(b) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(c) That she can read his mind.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
5. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
(b) Burn it in the furnace.
(c) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(d) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
2. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
3. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
4. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
5. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)