|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He is black and she is white
(b) He doesn't want to lose his job
(c) He isn't afraid of anything
(d) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
2. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get them a better place to live.
(b) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(c) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(d) Get a job.
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(b) Drink until they all pass out.
(c) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(d) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
4. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(b) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(c) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(d) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
5. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(b) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(c) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(d) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
2. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
3. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
4. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
5. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)