|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also wash window.
(b) He will help her in the kitchen.
(c) He will also take care of the furnace.
(d) He will also do lawn work.
2. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
(a) He puts his hand over her mouth.
(b) He stuffs the corner of her blanket in her mouth.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He puts a pillow over her face.
3. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
(b) It's American communists.
(c) It's a violent race in Russia.
(d) It's to do with Native Americans.
4. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch a bus
(b) Home to her house
(c) To Mary's house
(d) To catch the train
5. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(b) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(c) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(d) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
2. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
4. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
5. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)