|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(b) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(c) She is afraid of Bigger.
(d) She goes to get her husband.
2. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mary Dalton.
(b) Mr. Dalton.
(c) The butler.
(d) The housekeeper.
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(b) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(c) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(d) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
4. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(b) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(c) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
(d) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
5. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
(a) A limo service.
(b) The home in the ghetto where Bigger lives.
(c) The oldest bank in the city.
(d) A construction company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
2. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
3. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
4. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
5. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan, and Bigger go to eat?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)