|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(b) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
(c) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
(d) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Out to the car
(b) Into the garage
(c) To a dumpster
(d) Into the basement
4. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
(b) To a communist rally
(d) To a union meeting
5. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(b) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(d) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
2. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
3. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
4. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
5. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)