|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get them a better place to live.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(d) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
2. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He hates her instantly.
(b) He feels she is just like her mother.
(c) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(d) He finds her very attractive.
3. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) The don't, they walk.
(c) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(d) In the front seat with Bigger.
4. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(c) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(d) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
5. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(c) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(d) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
2. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
3. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
4. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
5. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)