|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
(a) G. H.
(b) Bigger's mom
2. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) To a dumpster
(b) Into the garage
(c) Into the basement
(d) Out to the car
3. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(b) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(d) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
4. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
5. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(b) He likes them immediately.
(c) Like he should quit the new job.
(d) He feels uneasy and hates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
2. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
3. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
5. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)