|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) The gallows
(b) In foster care
(c) In jail
(d) Living on the street
2. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) He likes them immediately.
(b) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(c) Like he should quit the new job.
(d) He feels uneasy and hates them.
3. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(b) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(c) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(d) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
4. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) In the ghetto
(b) Inside fancy mansions
(c) Inside him and all other black people
(d) On the south side of Chicago
5. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
(b) Robbing a liquior store
(c) Going to college
(d) Taking classes at the YMCA
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
3. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
4. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
5. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)