|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(b) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(c) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(d) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
2. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(b) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
(c) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(d) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
3. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Teaching a class
(b) Learning to swim
(c) Meeting her boyfriend
(d) Taking sewing lessons
4. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) In foster care
(b) Living on the street
(c) In jail
(d) The gallows
5. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(b) Get them a better place to live.
(c) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(d) Get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
2. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
3. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
4. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
5. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)