|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(d) Lost Soul
2. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(b) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(c) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(d) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
3. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Learning to swim
(b) Taking sewing lessons
(c) Meeting her boyfriend
(d) Teaching a class
4. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(b) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
(c) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(d) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
5. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Earn a lot of money
(b) Drive a car
(c) Rob a bank
(d) Fly a plane
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
3. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
4. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
5. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)