|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She doesn't want to go home.
(b) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) She is too drunk to walk.
2. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She goes to get her husband.
(b) She is afraid of Bigger.
(c) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(d) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
3. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That white people will suffer in the depression
(b) The lifestyle of rich white people
(c) That white's are all communists
(d) That blacks can also be rich
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He feels she is just like her mother.
(d) He hates her instantly.
5. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He puts her into her nightgown
(b) He covers her
(c) He kisses her
(d) He leaves her alone
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
2. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
3. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
4. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
5. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)