|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members are in the Thomas family?
2. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He sits down to eat dinner.
(b) He hides the remains.
(c) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(d) He shows his mother his prize.
3. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) That she can look deep into his soul.
(b) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(c) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(d) That she can read his mind.
4. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) In the ghetto
(b) On the south side of Chicago
(c) Inside fancy mansions
(d) Inside him and all other black people
5. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(b) In the back seat.
(c) The don't, they walk.
(d) In the front seat with Bigger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
2. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
3. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
4. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
5. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)