|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) Home to her house
(b) To catch a bus
(c) To Mary's house
(d) To catch the train
2. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He carries her
(b) He gets her parents to help
(c) He gets Peggy to help
(d) He drags her
3. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(b) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(c) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(d) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
4. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(b) He isn't afraid of anything
(c) He is black and she is white
(d) He doesn't want to lose his job
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(b) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
3. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
4. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
5. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)