|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(b) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(c) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
(d) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
2. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
(b) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(c) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
(d) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
3. How does the novel end?
(a) He finally cries.
(b) He laughs and lays down in his cot.
(c) He shouts that he is sorry as Max walks away.
(d) Bigger wears a "faint, wry, bitter smile" as he listens to the far door clang shut.
4. Who did Bigger's new cellmate ask to talk to?
(a) His attorney
(b) He only babbled
(c) The President
(d) The Govenor
5. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
(a) Admit he is sorry
(b) Sign a confession
(c) Pray for forgiveness
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
2. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
3. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
4. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
5. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)