|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) Living on the street.
(b) The gallows.
(c) In foster care.
(d) In jail.
2. What is Bigger afraid to do?
3. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mr. Dalton.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Mary Dalton.
(d) The butler.
4. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church near the apartment where he is hiding?
(a) He wishes he could be with his mother.
(b) He half wishes he was a believer like his mother, but doesn't want to give up his sense of self.
(c) He hums along, but feeling to peace he gets angry.
(d) He hates the music and can't wait to find another apartment.
5. While hidden, Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
(b) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
(c) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(d) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lone witness to Bigger's crime?
2. What does State's Attorney Buckley say about Max in his statements to the court?
3. What do Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
5. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)