|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(b) He is black and she is white
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job
(d) He isn't afraid of anything
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) Inside fancy mansions
(b) Inside him and all other black people
(c) On the south side of Chicago
(d) In the ghetto
3. What does Bigger call the army?
(a) A Jim Crow army
(b) A fool's army
(c) A white man's army
(d) A place to hide
4. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(b) Bessie's apartment
(c) The Dalton's home
(d) The pool hall
5. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
(a) The police.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Dalton and Peggy.
(c) Mr. Dalton and a group of white men.
(d) Mrs. Dalton and a white private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
2. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
3. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
4. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
5. What is Bigger's final request of Max?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)