|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
(a) It keeps looking from the furnace to Bigger and back again.
(b) Sits staring intently at Bigger.
(c) Jumps on his shoulder and digs in its claws.
(d) Jumps on his shoulder, then walks around his feet.
2. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
(a) The room fill with smoke so Bigger has to get a fan to blow it out the basement window.
(b) The fire is smothered and the basement fills with smoke.
(c) The fire goes out and Bigger must restart it.
(d) The fire starts to get hot again.
3. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(b) Get them a better place to live.
(c) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(d) Get a job.
4. How many people are searching for Bigger?
(a) Eight thousand armed, angry, white men.
(b) Eight thousand police and vigilantes.
(c) Eight thousand police officers.
(d) Five thousand vigilantes.
5. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(b) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(c) They will use a car to getaway.
(d) They will use a gun and the person is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
2. Who did Bigger's new cellmate ask to talk to?
3. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
4. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
5. What does Bigger call the army?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)