|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
(a) G. H.
(b) Bigger's mom
2. What did Bigger realize after the Judge adjourned the court for one hour?
(a) That he could take a nap.
(b) That he was lost.
(c) That he'd finally get a break.
(d) That the trial was almost over.
3. What is the second thing Bigger admitted to Max he would liked to have been?
(a) A teacher
(b) A rich man
(c) In the army
(d) A doctor
4. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) He feels uneasy and hates them.
(b) He likes them immediately.
(c) Like he should quit the new job.
(d) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
5. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
(a) There must have been some kind of foul play because Mary is usally very responsible.
(b) To Bigger's shock she told him that Mary has lost her head since dating Jan Erlone.
(c) Mary probably left earlier than expected because she is usually unpredictable.
(d) Mary probably waited for Bigger to leave then snuck out of the house again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
2. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
3. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
4. What does Max say is possible if the wealthy don't begin to understand what they are doing to the Negros in America?
5. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)