|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At YMCA
(b) At the Dalton's
(c) At Blum's Delicatessin
(d) At the supermarket
2. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(b) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(c) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(d) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
3. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
(b) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
(c) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(d) All are correct.
4. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
(b) It's a violent race in Russia.
(c) It's to do with Native Americans.
(d) It's American communists.
5. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he does not want to continue his education.
(b) Because he is in a gang.
(c) Because he has a prison record.
(d) Because he doesn't like her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bigger plead at the arraignment?
2. What does Jan Erlone want to do for Bigger?
3. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
4. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
5. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)