|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Max tell Bigger he will talk to in order to try to change things?
(a) The President
(b) The Warden
(c) State's Attorney Buckley
(d) The Govenor
2. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
(a) That the "gentleman", Jan Erlone, was planning on spending the night and he was going to go with Mary to the train in the morning.
(b) That the car is in the driveway because "the gentleman", Jan, was going to drive himself home the night before.
(c) That he has no idea what could have happened since Mary was fine when he left her.
(d) He confesses that Mary had been drunk the night before and that "the gentleman", Jan Erlone, insisted on driving her home, but dropped Bigger at his home first.
3. What does Max say is possible if the wealthy don't begin to understand what they are doing to the Negros in America?
(a) There will eventually be more Negros and they will use their vote to change things.
(b) Another world war
(c) Another civil war
(d) An uprising
4. Who did Bigger's new cellmate ask to talk to?
(a) The Govenor
(b) He only babbled
(c) His attorney
(d) The President
5. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(b) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
(c) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
(d) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
2. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
3. What is the first thing Bigger admitted to Max he would liked to have been?
4. Where does Bigger say white people live?
5. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)