|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He threatens to murder her family.
(b) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(c) He says he will give her half the money.
(d) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
2. How many members are in the Thomas family?
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
(a) He hums along, but feeling to peace he gets angry.
(b) He wishes he could be with his mother.
(c) He half wishes he was a believer like his mother, but doesn't want to give up his sense of self.
(d) He hates the music and can't wait to find another apartment.
4. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Robbing a liquior store
(b) Going to college
(c) Taking classes at the YMCA
(d) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
5. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
(a) As a communist.
(b) As a scape goat.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As a man, not a "white" man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
2. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
3. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
4. What does Bigger tell Max about the night Max had asked him to tell him about himself?
5. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)