|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
(a) He sits on the bed and reads them.
(b) He goes to his room in the Dalton house and carefully puts them in his drawer.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He throws them in the trash.
2. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(c) Get them a better place to live.
(d) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
3. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(b) New York City
4. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In a condo on the river
(b) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(c) A shack along the waterfront
(d) In the basement of an abandoned building
5. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(b) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(c) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(d) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
2. What does Bigger think about the disbelief he reads on the faces of his friends when they visit him in jail?
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
4. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
5. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)