|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third thing Bigger admitted to Max he would have liked to have been?
(a) A police officer
(b) A father
(c) A teacher
(d) In business
2. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
(a) Jan Erlone
(b) His mother
(d) Mr. Dalton
3. What did Bigger realize after the Judge adjourned the court for one hour?
(a) That he could take a nap.
(b) That he was lost.
(c) That the trial was almost over.
(d) That he'd finally get a break.
4. What does Bigger think about the disbelief he reads on the faces of his friends when they visit him in jail?
(a) He dislikes seeing they still don't see what he is capable of doing.
(b) That they should know what a hot head is is.
(c) They should be pleased that he has taken the responsibility for being black from their shoulders.
(d) That they really were dumb not to join him in robbing the dellicatessin.
5. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
(a) As a man, not a "white" man.
(b) As a communist.
(c) As a scape goat.
(d) As a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
2. How far did Bigger go in school?
3. In Max's statement to the court in Part Three of the novel, how does he portray the 12 million Negros living in the United States?
4. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
5. What is Bigger's sentence?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)