|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Britten?
(a) A detective with the Chicago P.D..
(b) A neighbor who saw Bigger carrying Mary into the house the night before.
(c) A private investigator from Mr. Dalton's company.
(d) A private investigator Mr. Dalton hired that day to find Mary.
2. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
(a) Mary probably waited for Bigger to leave then snuck out of the house again.
(b) Mary probably left earlier than expected because she is usually unpredictable.
(c) There must have been some kind of foul play because Mary is usally very responsible.
(d) To Bigger's shock she told him that Mary has lost her head since dating Jan Erlone.
3. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In the basement of an abandoned building
(b) In a condo on the river
(c) A shack along the waterfront
(d) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
4. What does Bigger call the army?
(a) A white man's army
(b) A fool's army
(c) A Jim Crow army
(d) A place to hide
5. What does Jan Erlone think when he hears Bigger's lie about him?
(a) That they are all crazy and should be looking for Mary instead of questioning him.
(b) That Bigger is the person responsible for Mary's disappearance.
(c) That Mr. Dalton, Britten and Bigger just hate communists.
(d) That Mr. Dalton and Britten are making Bigger lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
2. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
3. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
4. Why did Bigger go to trial so quickly?
5. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)