|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
(a) Getting the job with the Daltons
(b) Being a black man
(c) Not leaving town immeditely after the murder
(d) Never listening to his mother
2. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
(a) He loves her for it.
(b) He's embarrased.
(c) He hates her for it.
(d) He's indifferent.
3. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(b) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
(c) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(d) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
4. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(b) In the back seat.
(c) The don't, they walk.
(d) In the front seat with Bigger.
5. What is Max's reaction as he and Bigger say, "Good-bye?"
(a) He is in a hurry to leave.
(b) He has tears in his eyes.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is filled with hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Max upset during his final conversation with Bigger?
2. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
3. What does Bigger think when Mr. Dalton brags about giving ping pong tables to the South Side Boy's Club?
4. To what does Max compare the 12 million Negros living in the United States?
5. Why did Bigger go to trial so quickly?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)