|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
(a) Jan Erlone.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mr. Dalton.
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. How many witnesses did State's Attorney Buckley say he was going to call to the stand?
4. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(b) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(c) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
(d) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will help her in the kitchen.
(b) He will also wash the windows.
(c) He will also do lawn work.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one the men helping in the search for Mary discovers bone and an earring in the ashes that were removed from the furnace?
2. What is Bigger's reaction when his mother's pastor comes to see him in jail?
3. What do Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
4. Who is Boris Max?
5. Who does Max tell Bigger he will talk to in order to try to change his sentence?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)