|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(a) New York City
2. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Drink until they all pass out.
(b) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(c) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(d) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
3. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
(a) As a friend.
(b) As a scape goat.
(c) As a communist.
(d) As a man, not a "white" man.
4. What happens when Bigger is taken into the coroner's inquest?
(a) He faints
(b) He tries to get away
(c) He falls asleep
(d) He shouts he is innocent.
5. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
(b) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
(c) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(d) She wanted to know why he came in after 4 in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. What is Bigger's reaction when his mother's pastor comes to see him?
4. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
5. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)