|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She wanted to know why he came in after 4 in the morning.
(b) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(c) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
(d) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
2. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(b) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(c) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(d) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
3. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(b) In the back seat.
(c) The don't, they walk.
(d) In the front seat with Bigger.
4. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
(a) A tall, white and silent building.
(b) A large, white building.
(c) A white, vacant, quiet building.
(d) A vacant building in the slums.
5. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
(a) He doesn't think Jan Erlone has anything to do with it.
(b) He's afraid his daughter is just doing this to disgrace the family.
(c) He is afraid of the bad publicity.
(d) He doesn't want the police invovled because doesn't trust them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
2. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
3. How does Bigger see Jan Erlone for the first time when Jan visits him in jail?
4. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
5. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)