|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jan Erlone think when he hears Bigger's lie about him?
(a) That Mr. Dalton and Britten are making Bigger lie.
(b) That Bigger is the person responsible for Mary's disappearance.
(c) That Mr. Dalton, Britten and Bigger just hate communists.
(d) That they are all crazy and should be looking for Mary instead of questioning him.
2. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
(a) Sign a confession
(b) Admit he is sorry
(c) Pray for forgiveness
3. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(b) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(c) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(d) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
4. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He hides the remains.
(b) He shows his mother his prize.
(c) He sits down to eat dinner.
(d) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also wash window.
(b) He will also do lawn work.
(c) He will also take care of the furnace.
(d) He will help her in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
4. Who did Bigger's new cellmate ask to talk to?
5. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)