|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Book Three titled?
2. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
(b) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(c) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(d) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
3. What does Bigger keep throwing out of his cell?
(a) His cigarette buts
(b) His food
(c) A wooden cross
(d) His old newspapers
4. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(c) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(d) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
5. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
(a) He steals a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(b) He steals a loaf of bread then hides in an alley to eat it.
(c) He buys a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(d) He hides with a group of homeless people living near the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
2. How far did Bigger go in school?
3. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
4. When Bessie again declares she won't help Bigger with is ransom plan, what does bigger do to persuade her?
5. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)