|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(b) He can't see anything because the light it out.
(c) The white cat watching him again.
(d) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
2. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
(a) Naked native Africans dancing to drums.
(b) Native African's hunting in the jungle
(c) Black Americans
(d) Multi-cultural dances
3. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mary Dalton
(b) Mr. Dalton
(c) The butler.
(d) The house-keeper.
4. The story is set in what decade?
5. In Part Three what does State's Attorney Buckley ridicule Boris Max for?
(a) For having gotten his law degree through the mail.
(b) For being a bad attorney.
(c) He says Boris Max should be representing decent people insted of "scum" like Bigger.
(d) For having more guts than brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
2. What is Bigger afraid to do?
3. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
4. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
5. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)