|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Jan Erlone sees Bigger on the street and offers to help him, then invites him out for coffee to talk about the situation?
(a) Jan Erlone runs away when he sees Bigger has a knife.
(b) Bigger pulls a gun on Jan Erlone.
(c) Bigger runs away.
(d) Bigger tells Jan Erlone he doesn't need his help.
2. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) A cigarette and a roll of dollars
(b) Money and cigars
(c) A dollar and a pack of cigarettes
(d) Candy and gum
3. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
(b) To a communist rally
(c) To a union meeting
4. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(b) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
(c) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(d) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
5. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At YMCA
(b) At Blum's Delicatessin
(c) At the Dalton's
(d) At the supermarket
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three possible penalties Bigger faces?
2. To what does Max compare the 12 million Negros living in the United States?
3. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
4. Why does Max say a change of venue wouldn't matter?
5. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)