|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He gets her parents to help
(b) He carries her
(c) He gets Peggy to help
(d) He drags her
2. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
(a) Peggy the housekeeper
(b) The Dalton's white cat.
(c) Mrs. Dalton
(d) A neighbor peeking out their window
3. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) It is a volatile relationship
(b) They are half brothers
(c) They are best friends
(d) They are classmates
4. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) On the south side of Chicago
(b) In the ghetto
(c) Inside fancy mansions
(d) Inside him and all other black people
5. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(b) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(c) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(d) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
2. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
3. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
4. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
5. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)