|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) Like he should quit the new job.
(b) He feels uneasy and hates them.
(c) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(d) He likes them immediately.
2. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
(a) Black Americans.
(b) Native Africans hunting in the jungle.
(c) Multi-cultural dances.
(d) Naked, native Africans dancing to drums.
3. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
(a) He stuffs the corner of her blanket in her mouth.
(b) He puts his hand over her mouth.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He puts a pillow over her face.
4. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Meeting her boyfriend.
(b) Learning to swim.
(c) Teaching a class.
(d) Taking sewing lessons.
5. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(b) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(c) That she can look deep into his soul.
(d) That she can read his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lone witness to Bigger's crime?
2. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
3. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
4. How many members are in the Thomas family?
5. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)