|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
(a) He puts a pillow over her face.
(b) He puts his hand over her mouth.
(c) He stuffs the corner of her blanket in her mouth.
(d) He kisses her.
2. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He sits down to eat dinner.
(b) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(c) He shows his mother his prize.
(d) He hides the remains.
3. How many members are in the Thomas family?
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He hates her instantly.
(b) He feels she is just like her mother.
(c) He finds her very attractive.
(d) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
5. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(b) She is too drunk to walk.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) She doesn't want to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
2. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
3. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
4. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
5. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)