|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(a) Jan Erlone
(d) Bessie Mears
2. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
(b) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(d) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
3. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He feels she is just like her mother.
(d) He hates her instantly.
4. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(b) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Get them a better place to live.
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(b) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(c) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(d) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
3. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
4. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
5. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)