|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) A shack along the waterfront
(b) In the basement of an abandoned building
(c) In a condo on the river
(d) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
2. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's expensive necklace
(b) Mary's purse
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) A bottle of rum
3. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(b) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(d) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
4. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Burn it in the furnace.
(b) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(c) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
(d) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
5. The story is set in what decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
2. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
3. Where does Bigger say white people live?
4. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
5. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)