|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Angry and Joker
(b) Pessimistic and Angry
(c) Hopeless and Fun-loving
(d) Helpless and Strong
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) In the ghetto
(b) On the south side of Chicago
(c) Inside fancy mansions
(d) Inside him and all other black people
3. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
(a) Mrs. Dalton
(b) Peggy the housekeeper
(c) A neighbor peeking out their window
(d) The Dalton's white cat.
4. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(b) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(c) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(d) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
5. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) The don't, they walk.
(b) In the front seat with Bigger.
(c) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(d) In the back seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
3. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
4. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
5. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)