|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(c) Get them a better place to live.
(d) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
2. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Pessimistic and Angry
(b) Angry and Joker
(c) Helpless and Strong
(d) Hopeless and Fun-loving
3. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(b) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
(c) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(d) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
4. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(b) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(c) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(d) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
5. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He finds her very attractive.
(b) He feels she is just like her mother.
(c) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(d) He hates her instantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
3. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
4. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)