|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He covers her
(b) He puts her into her nightgown
(c) He leaves her alone
(d) He kisses her
2. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) A bottle of rum
(b) Mary's purse
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) Mary's expensive necklace
3. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will help her in the kitchen.
(c) He will also wash window.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
4. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) That she can read his mind.
(b) That she can look deep into his soul.
(c) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
5. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She doesn't want to go home.
(b) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(c) She is too drunk to walk.
(d) She is very sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
2. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
3. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
4. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)