|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) It is a volatile relationship
(b) They are best friends
(c) They are half brothers
(d) They are classmates
2. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) That she can look deep into his soul.
(b) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(c) That she can read his mind.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
3. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That white people will suffer in the depression
(b) That blacks can also be rich
(c) That white's are all communists
(d) The lifestyle of rich white people
4. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(b) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(c) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(d) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
5. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Taking sewing lessons
(b) Meeting her boyfriend
(c) Teaching a class
(d) Learning to swim
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
2. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
3. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
4. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
5. How many members are in the Thomas family?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)