|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(b) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(c) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(d) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
2. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) Their landlord
(b) A rabid cat
(c) A gunman
(d) A rat
3. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(b) New York City
4. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He isn't afraid of anything
(b) He is black and she is white
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job
(d) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
5. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) "Black" against "White"
(b) Catch me if you can
(c) Kick the can
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
2. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
3. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
4. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
5. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)