|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(b) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(c) That she can look deep into his soul.
(d) That she can read his mind.
2. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Out to the car
(b) Into the garage
(c) Into the basement
(d) To a dumpster
3. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) In foster care
(b) The gallows
(c) Living on the street
(d) In jail
4. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(b) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(c) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(d) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
5. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He is black and she is white
(b) He isn't afraid of anything
(c) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(d) He doesn't want to lose his job
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
2. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
3. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
4. How many members are in the Thomas family?
5. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)