|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
(a) Gus, Jack and G.H.
(b) Jack and G.H.
(c) Jack and Bessie Mears
(d) Gus and Bessie Mears
2. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(d) New York City
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(b) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(c) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(d) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
4. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(b) Drink until they all pass out.
(c) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(d) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will help her in the kitchen.
(c) He will also wash window.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
2. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
3. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
4. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
5. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)