|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will use a car to getaway.
(b) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(c) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(d) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
2. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He sits down to eat dinner.
(b) He shows his mother his prize.
(c) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(d) He hides the remains.
3. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) Inside him and all other black people
(b) Inside fancy mansions
(c) On the south side of Chicago
(d) In the ghetto
4. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he has a prison record.
(b) Because he is in a gang.
(c) Because he doesn't like her family.
(d) Because he does not want to continue his education.
5. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(b) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(c) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(d) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
2. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
3. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
4. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
5. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)