|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A rabid cat
(b) A rat
(c) A gunman
(d) Their landlord
2. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(b) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(c) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(d) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(b) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(c) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(d) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
4. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(b) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(c) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(d) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
5. The story is set in what decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
2. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
3. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
4. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
5. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)