|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(b) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
(c) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(d) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
2. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Fly a plane
(b) Rob a bank
(c) Earn a lot of money
(d) Drive a car
3. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(b) They will use a car to getaway.
(c) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(d) They will use a gun and the person is white.
4. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He hates her instantly.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(d) He feels she is just like her mother.
5. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(c) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(d) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
2. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
3. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
4. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
5. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)