|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(b) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous.
(c) He is black and she is white.
(d) He isn't afraid of anything.
2. While hidden, Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
(b) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(c) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
(d) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
3. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(c) Lost Soul.
4. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Meeting her boyfriend.
(b) Taking sewing lessons.
(c) Teaching a class.
(d) Learning to swim.
5. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He hates her instantly.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(d) He feels she is just like her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
2. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary, and Jan do as they drive around the park?
4. As Bigger tells his fabricated story about the previous evening to Mr. Dalton and Britten, what is he feeling?
5. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)