|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Rob a bank
(b) Earn a lot of money
(c) Drive a car
(d) Fly a plane
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
(a) The home in the ghetto where Bigger lives.
(b) A construction company.
(c) The oldest bank in the city.
(d) A limo service.
3. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
(a) How noisy he was when he took the trunk the the basement the night before.
(b) How Mrs. Dalton nearly caught him with Mary in her bedroom the night before.
(c) How his mother warned him he'll end up in the gallows if he doesn't straighten out his life.
(d) How noisy he was when he took the trunk to the car that morning.
4. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Burn it in the furnace.
(b) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
(c) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(d) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
5. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
(a) She's dressed in white and she looks suspicious.
(b) She's dressed in white and she is very pale.
(c) She's wearing a white pants suit and has her white hair tied back in a bun.
(d) She's wearing black because she knows Mary is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
2. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
3. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
4. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
5. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)