|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A gunman
(b) Their landlord
(c) A rat
(d) A rabid cat
2. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) They are best friends
(b) They are classmates
(c) They are half brothers
(d) It is a volatile relationship
3. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
(a) He steals a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(b) He hides with a group of homeless people living near the river.
(c) He buys a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(d) He steals a loaf of bread then hides in an alley to eat it.
4. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Pessimistic and Angry
(b) Angry and Joker
(c) Hopeless and Fun-loving
(d) Helpless and Strong
5. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
(b) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(c) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(d) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
2. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
3. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
4. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
5. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)