|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he is in a gang.
(b) Because he doesn't like her family.
(c) Because he has a prison record.
(d) Because he does not want to continue his education.
2. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(b) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(c) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(d) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
3. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
(a) He sees his family's poor existence compared to Mary's rich life.
(b) He sees his family as alive compared to Mary being dead.
(c) He sees his family as afraid as compared to Mary's confidence.
(d) He sees his family as a burden compared to new possibilites created by Mary's death.
4. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
(a) Because he didn't like the attention that could result in his being caught.
(b) Becaue he has felt the same anger and hatred inside him his entire life and no one ever wrote about it before.
(c) He is thrilled the newspaper is writing about him and thinks about killing again for more attention.
(d) He is unhappy because the story isn't accurate.
5. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
(b) G. H.
(d) Bigger's mom
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
2. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
3. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
4. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
5. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)