|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
(a) Jack and G.H.
(b) Gus and Bessie Mears
(c) Gus, Jack and G.H.
(d) Jack and Bessie Mears
2. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(b) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(d) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
3. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
(a) To a union meeting
(c) To a communist rally
4. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(b) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
(c) Burn it in the furnace.
(d) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
5. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(b) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
(c) She wanted to know why he came in after 4 in the morning.
(d) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
2. In book two, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
3. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
4. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
5. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)