|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(b) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(d) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
2. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
(a) He doesn't know the ashes need to be removed.
(b) Fear and dread
(c) He wants to make sure Mary's body is completely burned.
(d) He is afraid of burning himself.
3. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
(a) On Mr. Dalton's desk in his office.
(b) In the Dalton mail box.
(c) Under the front door.
(d) Under the back door.
4. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
(a) That he was lucky to have a good job.
(b) That he killed a rich, white girl.
(c) That he knew something they didn't know.
(d) That he was in love with a beautiful girl.
5. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
(a) Multi-cultural dances
(b) Black Americans
(c) Naked native Africans dancing to drums.
(d) Native African's hunting in the jungle
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members are in the Thomas family?
2. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
3. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
4. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
5. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)