|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
(b) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
(c) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(d) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
2. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(b) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(c) Drink until they all pass out.
(d) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
3. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
(a) A limo service.
(b) The home in the ghetto where Bigger lives.
(c) The oldest bank in the city.
(d) A construction company.
4. Why does Bigger seem bothered that the newspaper only just wrote about him after he killed Mary?
(a) He is unhappy because the story isn't accurate.
(b) Becaue he has felt the same anger and hatred inside him his entire life and no one ever wrote about it before.
(c) Because he didn't like the attention that could result in his being caught.
(d) He is thrilled the newspaper is writing about him and thinks about killing again for more attention.
5. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(b) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(c) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(d) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger overhear Mrs. Dalton saying to Peggy when she learns her daughter is gone?
2. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
3. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
4. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
5. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)