|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
(a) He stuffs the corner of her blanket in her mouth.
(b) He puts a pillow over her face.
(c) He puts his hand over her mouth.
(d) He kisses her.
2. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) It's a violent race in Russia.
(b) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
(c) It's to do with Native Americans.
(d) It's American communists.
3. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) He can't see anything because the light it out.
(b) The white cat watching him again.
(c) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(d) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
4. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(b) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
(c) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
(d) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
5. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(a) Bessie Mears
(b) Jan Erlone
Short Answer Questions
1. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
2. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
3. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
4. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
5. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)