|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he is a very lucky young man.
(b) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(c) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(d) That Mary had a heart attack.
2. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Going to college
(b) Robbing a liquior store
(c) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
(d) Taking classes at the YMCA
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
(a) He half wishes he was a believer like his mother, but doesn't want to give up his sense of self.
(b) He hates the music and can't wait to find another apartment.
(c) He wishes he could be with his mother.
(d) He hums along, but feeling to peace he gets angry.
4. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(b) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
(c) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(d) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
5. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
(a) He denies killing Mary, but admits he stole money from her.
(b) He admits that he killed Mary and threatens Bessie, too.
(c) He admits that he killed Mary and tells Bessie he'll tell everyone she helped him.
(d) He laughs and says Mary killed herself by jumping in the river and he just watched.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the streetcar on the way to Bessie's apartment what does Bigger want to shout?
2. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
3. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
4. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)