|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(b) He is black and she is white
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job
(d) He isn't afraid of anything
2. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
(a) A roof top
(b) He climbs a water tower
(c) A fire escape
(d) He climbs into an apartment window
3. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
(a) That he would keep quiet for a price.
(b) That their mother was happy he got the job.
(c) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him and that she was angry he wasn't there.
(d) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him the night before and talked about marriage.
4. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) Their landlord
(b) A gunman
(c) A rabid cat
(d) A rat
5. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) A cigarette and a roll of dollars
(b) A dollar and a pack of cigarettes
(c) Candy and gum
(d) Money and cigars
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
2. In book two, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
3. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
4. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
5. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)