|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(a) Jan Erlone
(d) Bessie Mears
2. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
(a) Mr. Dalton and a group of white men.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Dalton and Peggy.
(c) The police.
(d) Mrs. Dalton and a white private investigator.
3. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch a bus
(b) To Mary's house
(c) To catch the train
(d) Home to her house
4. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
(a) They shoot him in the leg.
(b) An officer wrestles with him and wins.
(c) They don't, he gets away one more time.
(d) They use a water hose to soak him.
5. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
(a) About where he took Mary the night before.
(b) About Mary leaving her new clothing behind.
(c) About Jan Erlone's involvement with the communists.
(d) About where the car was parked, the trunk and Jan Erlone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
2. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
3. What happens when Bigger arrives at Bessie's apartment and he tries to kiss her?
4. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
5. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)