|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(b) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(c) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(d) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
2. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That Mary had a heart attack.
(b) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(c) That he is a very lucky young man.
(d) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
3. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
(a) Blaming Mary's disappeareance on Leopold and Loeb
(b) Contacting Leopold and Loeb for advice
(c) That he and Bessie should go out on the town
(d) Kidnapping and ransom
4. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) He threatens to murder her family.
(b) He says he will give her half the money.
(c) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(d) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will also wash window.
(c) He will help her in the kitchen.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
2. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
3. How many members are in the Thomas family?
4. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
5. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)