|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
(a) How Mrs. Dalton nearly caught him with Mary in her bedroom the night before.
(b) How noisy he was when he took the trunk the the basement the night before.
(c) How his mother warned him he'll end up in the gallows if he doesn't straighten out his life.
(d) How noisy he was when he took the trunk to the car that morning.
2. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
(a) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him and that she was angry he wasn't there.
(b) That their mother was happy he got the job.
(c) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him the night before and talked about marriage.
(d) That he would keep quiet for a price.
3. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(d) Lost Soul
4. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(b) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(d) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
5. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He shows his mother his prize.
(b) He hides the remains.
(c) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(d) He sits down to eat dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
2. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
3. When Bigger nearly falls off the ledge, how does the writer describe what he would fall into if he had fallen?
4. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
5. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)