|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
(a) Bigger's mom.
2. In Book 2 Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
(b) All are correct.
(c) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(d) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloody head wrapped in paper.
3. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The butler.
(b) Mr. Dalton.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Mary Dalton.
4. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(c) Lost Soul.
5. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
(a) Native Africans hunting in the jungle.
(b) Naked, native Africans dancing to drums.
(c) Multi-cultural dances.
(d) Black Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
2. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
3. While hidden, Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
4. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his scam?
5. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)