|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
(a) That he ever got mixed up with the Dalton's in the first place.
(b) That Mary's body didn't fit in the furnace. He hated all the blood when he cut off her head.
(c) That he had to work.
(d) That he hadn't planned the murder so he could have gotten more money and felt more successful.
2. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
(b) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(c) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
(d) Burn it in the furnace.
3. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) All are correct.
(b) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(c) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
(d) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
4. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) Bessie's apartment
(c) The pool hall
(d) The Dalton's home
5. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
(a) How Mrs. Dalton nearly caught him with Mary in her bedroom the night before.
(b) How noisy he was when he took the trunk the the basement the night before.
(c) How noisy he was when he took the trunk to the car that morning.
(d) How his mother warned him he'll end up in the gallows if he doesn't straighten out his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bigger first awakens the morning after the murder?
2. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
3. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
4. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
5. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)