|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(a) G.L.'s brother
(c) Mr. Dalton
(d) Jack's father
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
(a) A construction company.
(b) The oldest bank in the city.
(c) A limo service.
(d) The home in the ghetto where Bigger lives.
3. What doe Bigger and Jack think being "Red" is?
(a) It's a violent race in Russia.
(b) It's to do with Native Americans.
(c) It's American communists.
(d) That it is better to be "Red" than dead.
4. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(c) Lost Soul
5. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(b) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(c) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(d) Drink until they all pass out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
2. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
3. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
4. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
5. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)