|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
2. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
(a) He is carrying a package that turns out to be his own severed, bloddy head wrapped in paper.
(b) He tries to run from the blood, the coal, and white faces.
(c) All are correct.
(d) A church bell that turns out to be a warning bell urging him to hide himself and his package.
3. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
(b) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(c) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(d) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
4. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(b) She goes to get her husband.
(c) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(d) She is afraid of Bigger.
5. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) He feels uneasy and hates them.
(b) He likes them immediately.
(c) Like he should quit the new job.
(d) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
2. What happens when Bigger first awakens the morning after the murder?
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
4. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
5. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)