|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members are in the Thomas family?
2. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(b) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(c) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(d) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
3. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(c) window washer
4. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
(a) He rapes her then after she falls alseep kills her with a brick then throws her body down an air shaft.
(b) He smashes her head with a brick then runs away.
(c) He rapes her then cuts off her head like he did Mary's and throws her body down an air shaft.
(d) He sleeps then awakens realizing he must kill Bessie.
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(b) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(c) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(d) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger say white people live?
2. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
3. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
4. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
5. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)