|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Drive a car
(b) Rob a bank
(c) Fly a plane
(d) Earn a lot of money
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he does not want to continue his education.
(b) Because he is in a gang.
(c) Because he doesn't like her family.
(d) Because he has a prison record.
3. In book two, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
(a) That the communists and the negros are working together to get the ransom.
(b) That the negros want to be left alone and the communists forcing their beliefs on them.
(c) That negros are becomming more involved with communisim.
(d) That the communists have plotted the kidnapping and are blaming it on Bigger.
4. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That blacks can also be rich
(b) That white people will suffer in the depression
(c) The lifestyle of rich white people
(d) That white's are all communists
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also wash window.
(b) He will also do lawn work.
(c) He will help her in the kitchen.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
2. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
3. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
4. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
5. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)