|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
(a) Mr. Dalton and a group of white men.
(b) The police.
(c) Mrs. Dalton and a white private investigator.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Dalton and Peggy.
2. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
(a) Bigger stares coldly into the eyes of Britten until the man releases him.
(b) Mr. Dalton tells Britten that Bigger probably wouldn't even understand the brochures.
(c) Mr. Dalton tells Britten, Bigger probably knows nothing about them and doesn't even know Jan Erlone.
(d) Bigger wants to hit the private investigator, but controls the urge.
3. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
(a) Mr. Dalton
(b) Jan Erlone
(d) His mother
4. In Part Three what does State's Attorney Buckley ridicule Boris Max for?
(a) He says Boris Max should be representing decent people insted of "scum" like Bigger.
(b) For being a bad attorney.
(c) For having gotten his law degree through the mail.
(d) For having more guts than brains.
5. How do the stories in the newspaper portray Bigger?
(a) As a martyr
(b) As a "ferocious, depraved, primative beast"
(c) As a man unjustly accused
(d) As a victim of circumstance
Short Answer Questions
1. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
2. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
3. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
4. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
5. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)