|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
(a) Jumps on his shoulder and digs in its claws.
(b) Jumps on his shoulder, then walks around his feet.
(c) It keeps looking from the furnace to Bigger and back again.
(d) Sits staring intently at Bigger.
2. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
3. What is Bigger's reaction when his mother's pastor comes to see him?
(a) He tells the man to get out and never come back.
(b) Regret that he didn't listen ore closely in Sunday School.
(c) Anger that God would allow this to happen to him.
(d) He feels it is too late for him to change how he feels. His fate is sealed.
4. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(b) That Mary had a heart attack.
(c) That he is a very lucky young man.
(d) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
5. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(b) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
(c) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(d) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
2. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
3. What goes through Bigger's mind when he hears the music from the church?
4. What does Bigger say the white people do to black people?
5. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)