|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
(a) Learning to swim
(b) Taking sewing lessons
(c) Meeting her boyfriend
(d) Teaching a class
2. What did Bigger's cellmate want given back to him?
(a) His clothing
(b) His letters
(c) His papers and notes
(d) His gun
3. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) It is a volatile relationship
(b) They are half brothers
(c) They are classmates
(d) They are best friends
4. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
(a) "Red", with a drawing of a hammer and sickle
(b) "J. Erlone", with a drawing of a noose
(c) "Red", with a drawing of a noose
(d) "Better Red than Dead" in red ink
5. The story is set in what decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
2. What does Bigger's brother, Buddy, offer to do to defend him?
3. What is the second thing Bigger admitted to Max he would liked to have been?
4. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
5. What does Jan Erlone think when he hears Bigger's lie about him?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)