|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
(a) Bigger runs away.
(b) Bigger knocks him unconscious.
(c) Bigger shootes him.
(d) Bigger throws snowballs at him.
2. What does Bigger do with the pamphlets Jan gave him the night before?
(a) He sits on the bed and reads them.
(b) He throws them in the trash.
(c) He goes to his room in the Dalton house and carefully puts them in his drawer.
(d) He burns them.
3. How many people are searching for Bigger?
(a) Eight thousand police and vigilantes.
(b) Eight thousand armed, angry, white men.
(c) Eight thousand police officers.
(d) Five thousand vigilantes.
4. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(b) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(c) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
(d) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
5. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
(b) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(c) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
(d) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
3. What does Bigger tell Max about the night Max had asked him to tell him about himself?
4. What is the third thing Bigger admitted to Max he would have liked to have been?
5. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace, he just adds more coal. What happens then?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)