|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
(a) She tells him to take the day off because everyone is too worried about Mary to need his services that day.
(b) Go to the train station and find out what has happened to Mary's trunk.
(c) To take the trunk to the attic because the Dalton's will start worrying about Mary if they see it.
(d) Go the the train station and pick up Mary's trunk because no one claimed it.
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
(a) The home in the ghetto where Bigger lives.
(b) The oldest bank in the city.
(c) A construction company.
(d) A limo service.
3. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
(a) That their mother was happy he got the job.
(b) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him the night before and talked about marriage.
(c) That he would keep quiet for a price.
(d) That Bigger's girlfriend, Bessie, came to see him and that she was angry he wasn't there.
4. How many witnesses did State's Attorney Buckley say he was going to call to the stand?
5. Where does Bigger say white people live?
(a) Inside fancy mansions
(b) Inside him and all other black people
(c) In the ghetto
(d) On the south side of Chicago
Short Answer Questions
1. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
2. What is the third thing Bigger admitted to Max he would have liked to have been?
3. How does the novel end?
4. What does Bigger begin to wish for all blacks?
5. What does Bigger contemplate while standing on the rooftop?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)