|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(b) That she can look deep into his soul.
(c) That she can read his mind.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
2. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(b) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(c) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(d) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
3. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get them a better place to live.
(b) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
4. What does Bigger give his friends when he sees them the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) A cigarette and a roll of dollars
(b) Candy and gum
(c) A dollar and a pack of cigarettes
(d) Money and cigars
5. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(b) Drink until they all pass out.
(c) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(d) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
2. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
3. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
4. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
5. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)