|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
(b) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(c) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
(d) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
2. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
(a) Mary's purse
(b) The knife
(c) His bloody clothing
(d) The pamphlets Jan gave him
3. How did Bigger plead at the arraignment?
(a) Not guilty
(b) guilty by reason of insanity
(c) innoscent by reason of insanity
4. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
(b) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
(c) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
(d) It has given meaning to his life.
5. How many witnesses did State's Attorney Buckley say he was going to call to the stand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
2. What are the three possible penalties Bigger faces?
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
4. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
5. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)