|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's expensive necklace
(b) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(c) Mary's purse
(d) A bottle of rum
2. Who does Max tell Bigger he will talk to in order to try to change things?
(a) State's Attorney Buckley
(b) The Govenor
(c) The Warden
(d) The President
3. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(a) window washer
4. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
(a) He stuffs the corner of her blanket in her mouth.
(b) He puts a pillow over her face.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He puts his hand over her mouth.
5. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At YMCA
(b) At the supermarket
(c) At the Dalton's
(d) At Blum's Delicatessin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
2. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
3. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
4. What does Bigger say about church and religion?
5. How does Max respond when Bigger asks why people hate him so much?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)