|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bigger's mother sees the Daltons standing in the back of Bigger's cell?
(a) She offers to spend the rest of her days making it up to them for what Bigger did.
(b) She falls to her knees and begs them for her son's life and offers to work for them the rest of her life if they help him.
(c) She tells them how sorry she is that her son did such a horrific thing to their daughter.
(d) She wraps her arms around them and prays for their loss.
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he is in a gang.
(b) Because he doesn't like her family.
(c) Because he has a prison record.
(d) Because he does not want to continue his education.
4. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
(a) A construction company.
(b) The oldest bank in the city.
(c) A limo service.
(d) The home in the ghetto where Bigger lives.
5. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(b) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(c) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(d) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say is possible if the wealthy don't begin to understand what they are doing to the Negros in America?
2. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
3. Why does Max say a change of venue wouldn't matter?
4. How do the stories in the newspaper portray Bigger?
5. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)