|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Robbing a liquior store
(b) Going to college
(c) Taking classes at the YMCA
(d) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
2. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's expensive necklace
(b) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(c) Mary's purse
(d) A bottle of rum
3. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
(a) He eats his breakfast then asks Peggy to go upstairs and find out what is taking Mary so long.
(b) He loads her trunk, waits by the car, rings the bell, then asks Peggy what he should do since Mary has not come down.
(c) He eats breakfast with the Daltons as though nothing unusual has happened.
(d) He asks Mrs. Dalton what time Mary's train is supposed to leave, because he doesn't want them to be late.
4. What is the first thing Bigger admitted to Max he would liked to have been?
(a) An aviator
(b) A teacher
(c) A naval officer
(d) A bartender
5. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) That she can read his mind.
(b) That she can look deep into his soul.
(c) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Britten?
2. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
3. Who is Boris Max?
4. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
5. What does Peggy decide must have happened to Mary?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)