|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max say a change of venue wouldn't matter?
(a) There isn't anyone in the entire country who doesn't know about the case.
(b) The entire state feels the same about Bigger's crime.
(c) The newspapers have already tried Bigger.
(d) He's stands a better chance with a jury from his hometown.
2. What happens when the first police officer comes through the trap door to the rooftop?
(a) Bigger knocks him unconscious.
(b) Bigger throws snowballs at him.
(c) Bigger runs away.
(d) Bigger shoots him.
3. In Book 2, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
(a) That the communists and the negros are working together to get the ransom.
(b) That the negros want to be left alone and the communists forcing their beliefs on them.
(c) That the communists have plotted the kidnapping and are blaming it on Bigger.
(d) That negros are becomming more involved with communism.
4. Why is Max upset during his final conversation with Bigger?
(a) Bigger was glad that he killed.
(b) Bigger broke down and cried.
(c) Bigger thinks what he killed for must have been good for him to have done it.
(d) Bigger told him he'd kill again if he could.
5. When Bigger arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(b) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
(c) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
(d) Whether he should have dressed in nicer clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
2. How do the stories in the newspaper portray Bigger?
3. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
4. The story is set in what decade?
5. Who is the lone witness to Bigger's crime?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)