|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(a) New York City
2. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
(b) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(c) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(d) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
3. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He hates her instantly.
(b) He finds her very attractive.
(c) He feels she is just like her mother.
(d) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
4. What does Max want Bigger to do?
(a) Talk to his mother
(b) Believe in himself
(c) Try to escape
(d) Cry so he'd feel better
5. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(a) The Dalton's home
(b) Bessie's apartment
(c) The pool hall
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
2. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
3. Where is Mary Dalton expected to go on the day after Bigger is hired by her father?
4. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
5. What did Buddy tell Bigger happened the night before?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)