|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bigger want to see before he died?
(a) Jan Erlone
(b) His mother
(c) Mr. Dalton
2. What is the real crime Bigger thinks he committed?
(a) Not leaving town immeditely after the murder
(b) Being a black man
(c) Getting the job with the Daltons
(d) Never listening to his mother
3. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
(b) It has given meaning to his life.
(c) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
(d) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
4. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The house-keeper.
(b) Mr. Dalton
(c) Mary Dalton
(d) The butler.
5. What does Bigger keep throwing out of his cell?
(a) A wooden cross
(b) His old newspapers
(c) His cigarette buts
(d) His food
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
2. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
3. Why did Bigger go to trial so quickly?
4. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
5. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)