|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger act during the first days after his capture?
(a) Like a very angry man.
(b) He is prayerful.
(c) Like he is in a trance.
(d) Like he's proud of what he did.
2. How does Mrs. Dalton look when she comes to Bigger's room to question him about Mary's disappearance?
(a) She's wearing black because she knows Mary is dead.
(b) She's dressed in white and she looks suspicious.
(c) She's dressed in white and she is very pale.
(d) She's wearing a white pants suit and has her white hair tied back in a bun.
3. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(b) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
(c) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
(d) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
4. How many members are in the Thomas family?
5. The story is set in what decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ways does Bigger act to give the impression he thinks Mary is asleep upstairs in her bedroom?
2. In book two, how do the reporters decide to frame their stories?
3. How is building Bigger chose as the lookout point for the money drop described in the story.
4. In Part Three what does State's Attorney Buckley ridicule Boris Max for?
5. Why is Max upset during his final conversation with Bigger?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)