|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
(a) The police.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Dalton and Peggy.
(c) Mr. Dalton and a group of white men.
(d) Mrs. Dalton and a white private investigator.
2. What does Max tell the court about Mr. Dalton's donations to the black community?
(a) He doesn't refer to them
(b) They are generous and kind
(c) They are balm to ease any guilt he may feel for unfairly treating the black people he rents to.
(d) They are not enough, he needs to donate more money
3. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) The house-keeper.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mr. Dalton
(d) Mary Dalton
4. Why does Mr. Dalton refuse to have Jan Erlone picked up by the police for questioning?
(a) He doesn't think Jan Erlone has anything to do with it.
(b) He doesn't want the police invovled because doesn't trust them.
(c) He is afraid of the bad publicity.
(d) He's afraid his daughter is just doing this to disgrace the family.
5. What are the three possible penalties Bigger faces?
(a) Death by the electric chair, death by hanging or, death by lethal injection.
(b) The death penalty, life in prison, or ten years in prison with 25 years on parole.
(c) The death penalty, life in prison or restitution.
(d) The death penalty, life in prison, or not less than 14 years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
2. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
3. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
4. What is Bigger's only regret about what he did to Bessie?
5. What does Bigger's brother, Buddy, offer to do to defend him?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)