|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(d) window washer
2. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will also take care of the furnace.
(c) He will also wash window.
(d) He will help her in the kitchen.
3. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his kidnapping scam?
(a) She is greedy and wants in on the deal.
(b) He says he will give her half the money.
(c) He threatens to murder her family.
(d) He says he will leave her if she doesn't help him.
4. After he returns to work at the Dalton house, what happens when Peggy asks Bigger to tend to the furnace because it has been running too hot?
(a) He tells Peggy the furnace is fine, but he will check it anyway.
(b) He tells Peggy he will check the furnace later.
(c) He fears she suspects something and plans on how he will kill her if she discovers anything about Mary.
(d) He hurries down the stairs to shake the ashes.
5. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(b) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(c) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(d) Drink until they all pass out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Max have Bigger plead at his trial?
2. How did Bigger say he was feeling at the end of his final conversation with Max?
3. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
4. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
5. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)