|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one of the men discovers bone and an earring in the ashes?
(a) Bigger sneaks out of the basement door and runs to Bessie's apartment.
(b) He jumps out of a second story windown into the snow then runs to Bessie's apartment.
(c) He jumps out a window and hurts his knee, so he has to walk slowly to Bessie's apartment.
(d) Bigger slips away from the men then jumps out of a second story window into the snow.
2. Near the end of Book Three, what did Bigger say to Max when he saw him for the last time?
(a) He wished Max had been a better lawyer.
(b) He wished he'd met Max before everythign happened.
(c) He wished Max had been his father.
(d) He was happy he'd gotten to know Max.
3. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
4. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
(a) Kidnapping and ransom
(b) Blaming Mary's disappeareance on Leopold and Loeb
(c) Contacting Leopold and Loeb for advice
(d) That he and Bessie should go out on the town
5. What does Bigger overhear Mrs. Dalton saying to Peggy when she learns her daughter is gone?
(a) She admits she isn't comfortable with Bigger living in the house and wonders if he frightened her daughter away.
(b) She expresses her dislike for the people Mary travels with, and is shocked she hadn't even packed her new clothing for the trip.
(c) She complains that she took her daughter shopping for expensive clothing that she didn't even pack for her trip.
(d) She expains that she does not trust the people Mary associates herself with, and suspects they have something to do with Mary not being home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three what does State's Attorney Buckley ridicule Boris Max for?
2. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
3. What is Book Three titled?
4. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
5. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)