|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(b) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(c) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
(d) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
2. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(b) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(c) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(d) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
3. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) Catch me if you can
(c) "Black" against "White"
(d) Kick the can
4. What does Bigger say when Bessie asks if he murdered Mary Dalton?
(a) He denies killing Mary, but admits he stole money from her.
(b) He laughs and says Mary killed herself by jumping in the river and he just watched.
(c) He admits that he killed Mary and tells Bessie he'll tell everyone she helped him.
(d) He admits that he killed Mary and threatens Bessie, too.
5. What is Bigger's sentence?
(b) Community service
(c) Life in prison
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
2. In Book Two as Bigger rides the streetcar, what is his only regret?
3. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
4. What does Bigger think when Mr. Dalton brags about giving ping pong tables to the South Side Boy's Club?
5. What are the three possible penalties Bigger faces?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)