|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bigger ask Max to tell his mother?
(a) That he will miss her.
(b) That he'll see her in heaven.
(c) That he is sorry for what he did.
(d) That he is all right and not to worry and he wasn't crying.
2. What does Bigger say the white people do to black people?
(a) They want to be friends with them.
(b) They try to help them by giving them jobs no one should have to do.
(c) They kill them one by one hoping to get rid of them all.
(d) Keep the blacks in one area and won't let them into any other area.
3. In book two when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
(a) How Mrs. Dalton nearly caught him with Mary in her bedroom the night before.
(b) How noisy he was when he took the trunk to the car that morning.
(c) How his mother warned him he'll end up in the gallows if he doesn't straighten out his life.
(d) How noisy he was when he took the trunk the the basement the night before.
4. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
(a) He's embarrased.
(b) He hates her for it.
(c) He loves her for it.
(d) He's indifferent.
5. What does Bigger tell Max about the night Max had asked him to tell him about himself?
(a) All three are correct
(b) That Max had known he was a murderer.
(c) That Max had treated him like a man.
(d) Max had asked him things no one else every asked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bigger's new cellmate ask to talk to?
2. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
3. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
4. What does State's Attorney Buckley say about Max in his statements to the court?
5. What does Bigger keep throwing out of his cell?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)