|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) The gallows
(b) In jail
(c) In foster care
(d) Living on the street
2. What does the State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
(a) Admit he is sorry
(c) Sign a confession
(d) Pray for forgiveness
3. What does Bigger say about church and religion?
(a) Only poor people are happy in church.
(b) It's for whipped folks.
(c) All of the above
(d) If he was religious he'd be dead now.
4. What does Bigger finally do after wandering the streets looking for food and shelter?
(a) He steals a loaf of bread then hides in an alley to eat it.
(b) He steals a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
(c) He hides with a group of homeless people living near the river.
(d) He buys a loaf of bread then finds an empty apartment to break into.
5. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(b) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(d) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
2. What happens when Bigger arrives at Bessie's apartment and he tries to kiss her?
3. How do the police finally catch Bigger?
4. What does State's Attorney Buckley say about Max in his statements to the court?
5. Who did Bigger open up to about his feelings?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)