|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
(a) "Red", with a drawing of a hammer and sickle
(b) "Red", with a drawing of a noose
(c) "J. Erlone", with a drawing of a noose
(d) "Better Red than Dead" in red ink
2. While hidden Bigger reads a newspaper about the search for him. Why do the authorities still think Jan Erlone is the mastermind behind the entire murder and ransom?
(a) Because Mr. Dalton really liked Bigger and wanted to help him.
(b) Because Jan Erlone refused to be released and has signed a confession.
(c) Because Jan Erlone is a communist and they hate communists.
(d) Because coming up with such a detailed plan would be beyond the Negro mind.
3. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
(a) Going to college
(b) Robbing a liquior store
(c) Robbing Blum's Delicatessin
(d) Taking classes at the YMCA
4. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Fly a plane
(b) Rob a bank
(c) Earn a lot of money
(d) Drive a car
5. After Bigger returns to the Dalton home with Mary's trunk, he again goes to check the furnace. Who interrupts him?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Dalton and Peggy.
(b) Mrs. Dalton and a white private investigator.
(c) The police.
(d) Mr. Dalton and a group of white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
2. In Book Two Bigger is feeling very confident and powerful, except when he sleeps and dreams. What does he dream about after his first meeting with Britten.
3. What is Bigger's sentence?
4. How does Bigger feel about what his mother does when she sees the Daltons in his cell?
5. When Peggy finds Mary is not in her room what does she question Bigger about it, and what does he tell her?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)