|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bigger try to figure out during the days before his sentence was fulfilled?
(a) How to excape
(b) What he did wrong
(c) How he could have gotten away
(d) His feelings
2. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(b) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
(c) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(d) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
3. How does Bigger sign the ransom note he has written to Mr. Dalton?
(a) "Red", with a drawing of a hammer and sickle
(b) "Better Red than Dead" in red ink
(c) "J. Erlone", with a drawing of a noose
(d) "Red", with a drawing of a noose
4. What does Bigger think about the disbelief he reads on the faces of his friends when they visit him in jail?
(a) That they should know what a hot head is is.
(b) That they really were dumb not to join him in robbing the dellicatessin.
(c) He dislikes seeing they still don't see what he is capable of doing.
(d) They should be pleased that he has taken the responsibility for being black from their shoulders.
5. What does Bigger say the white people do to black people?
(a) They want to be friends with them.
(b) They kill them one by one hoping to get rid of them all.
(c) Keep the blacks in one area and won't let them into any other area.
(d) They try to help them by giving them jobs no one should have to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say is possible if the wealthy don't begin to understand what they are doing to the Negros in America?
2. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
3. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
4. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
5. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)