|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Kwang left the club the night before?
2. Which character admits to being an arsonist and murderer?
3. How old is Stew?
4. Why does Henry refuse to quit his job?
5. What do most of Kwang's employees do after he is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Eduardo and Helda found?
2. What does the Korean restaurant Henry and Kwang go to look like?
3. What suspicions does Henry harbor when it comes to Kwang and Sherrie?
4. Why was Helda important to the Kwang family?
5. How do Henry and Lelia react to the fire at Kwang's offices?
6. Why does Henry decide to not tell Dennis or Jack about who was really behind the bombing?
7. Why does Kwang try to get the waitress at the Korean nightclub to service Henry?
8. Why does Kwang start to call Henry "byong-ho" when they are together?
9. Why do Henry and Lelia decide waiting on moving into Henry's father's house is the best course of action?
10. Describe Grace.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Infidelity can be found in several different cases throughout Native Speaker. In each case the discretion is handled and resolved differently. Write an essay that explores the theme of infidelity as it is presented in Native Speaker. Which characters cheat on their significant other? When do they cheat? What is the result of the indiscretion.? Are these characters ever punished for what they do? How does cheat impact their relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Henry is a character who internally struggles with his identity. Is he American or Korean? He can never fully answer the question. Write an essay that explores the struggles Henry goes through as he attempts to discover his racial identity. Where did Henry's struggle with identity begin? Who is at fault for the way he views himself? Did his father and mother ever question their identities or Korean heritage?
Essay Topic 3
Henry works as a spy for a living. The company he works for, Glimmer and Company, deals specifically with political information. Write an essay that gives detail to Henry's occupation. Is Henry's job glorified and glamorous? Is he paid well for his work? What does he usually have to do on an assignment? What type of people does he end up investigating?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)