|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Helda?
(a) A woman who worked for Kwang.
(b) A run away prostitue.
(c) A news reporter.
(d) An enemy of Kwang.
2. Why does Sherrie become angry while she is out with Kwang and Henry?
(a) Because she misses Eduardo and is unsure of what to do.
(b) Because she is bored and wants to go home.
(c) Because she is jealous of May, Kwang's wife.
(d) Because she does not approve of what the young girl is doing to Henry.
3. Whose house was Henry and Lelia supposed to move into before their martial problems began?
(a) Jack's house.
(b) Leila's mother's house.
(c) Molly's old house.
(d) Henry's father's house.
4. What color scarf is Lelia wearing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. What do most of Kwang's employees do after he is arrested?
(a) Go to the news about Kwang.
(b) Distance themselves from Kwang.
(c) Gather to support Kwang.
(d) Kwang has no employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Henry and Lelia's sex life?
2. Where are Dennis's "friends" from?
3. How does Lelia decorate her studio?
4. Where was Helda from?
5. Who does Henry meet to pass his paperwork about Kwang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lelia think of the pictures they find in Henry's father's study?
2. How skilled was Mitt in the English language?
3. Why does Kwang try to get the waitress at the Korean nightclub to service Henry?
4. Why does Henry decide to not tell Dennis or Jack about who was really behind the bombing?
5. What does Henry mean by saying that May is from "yangban" stock?
6. How do Henry and Lelia react to the fire at Kwang's offices?
7. Describe Chun Ji-yun.
8. Why was Helda important to the Kwang family?
9. Why does Henry suspect Glimmer and Company for being responsible for the fire?
10. Why does Kwang start to call Henry "byong-ho" when they are together?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)