|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lelia decorate her studio?
(a) With stickers and dark wallpaper.
(b) With brightly colored paper and posters.
(c) With a safari theme.
(d) With poka dots and stripes.
2. What happens to most of the members of the money club?
(a) They are rewarded.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are put on television.
3. Does Henry tell Lelia about the bombing?
(b) Possibly, it is never clear.
(c) There was no bombing.
4. Why does Henry take pills?
(a) To remember Mitt by.
(b) To impress Kwang.
(c) To keep his metabolism up.
(d) To sympathize with Lelia.
5. Who is Mrs. Albrecht?
(a) A postal worker Henry once knew.
(b) An art teacher Lelia is friends with.
(c) A single mother down the street.
(d) A teacher Henry once had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the pills Henry takes?
2. Why is Henry suspicious of Kwang and Sherrie's relationship?
3. What is a "stand" bar?
4. Which dish does Lelia cook for Henry in Chapter 12?
5. Does Henry still have problems speaking English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Eduardo's reputation after he dies?
2. What does Henry mean by saying that May is from "yangban" stock?
3. What does Jack mean by saying that Dennis is not a "doing creature"?
4. How does Henry react when Kwang questions him about his family?
5. How skilled was Mitt in the English language?
6. Why do Henry and Lelia decide waiting on moving into Henry's father's house is the best course of action?
7. What does Lelia think of the pictures they find in Henry's father's study?
8. What sort of issues did Henry have as a child when he had to learn English?
9. What does the Korean restaurant Henry and Kwang go to look like?
10. Why does Henry suspect Glimmer and Company for being responsible for the fire?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)