|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry refuse to quit his job?
(a) He does not know what else he would do.
(b) He is afraid someone will be hurt.
(c) He likes the money too much.
(d) He is afraid of John Kwang.
2. What is the "Taxi Rule"?
(a) Staying twice as sober as a subject.
(b) Only getting a taxi if necessary.
(c) Not going home alone at the end of the night.
(d) Paying the taxi twice the fare.
3. What color are the pills Henry takes?
4. Who shows up while Henry and John Kwang are together at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. Why is Henry suspicious of Kwang and Sherrie's relationship?
(a) He suspects them of stealing taxpayer dollars.
(b) He suspects them of plotting to assasinate the current mayor.
(c) He suspects them of being racists.
(d) He suspects them of having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the alias Henry begins to go by?
2. What color scarf is Lelia wearing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. How does Sherrie react when Henry and Kwang show up at her home?
4. Which illness runs in Henry's family?
5. How old is Stew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry agree to take up Eduardo's old job?
2. Why does Kwang start to call Henry "byong-ho" when they are together?
3. Why does Kwang try to get the waitress at the Korean nightclub to service Henry?
4. Why has it been so long since Henry and Lelia have made love?
5. How does Henry react when Kwang questions him about his family?
6. How do Henry and Lelia react to the fire at Kwang's offices?
7. How were Eduardo and Helda found?
8. How has Kwang changed over the course of the story?
9. Why does Henry decide to not tell Dennis or Jack about who was really behind the bombing?
10. Why was Helda important to the Kwang family?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)