|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry become angry with Hoagland?
(a) Because Hoadland eats his sandwich.
(b) Because Hoagland hits on Lelia.
(c) Because Hoagland lies about the fire.
(d) Because Hoagland tells him that Jack is dead.
2. What is the "Taxi Rule"?
(a) Not going home alone at the end of the night.
(b) Only getting a taxi if necessary.
(c) Paying the taxi twice the fare.
(d) Staying twice as sober as a subject.
3. Does Henry still have problems speaking English?
(b) Yes, all the time.
(c) Henry does not speak English.
(d) No, never.
4. How did Eduardo betray Kwang?
(a) He stole from Kwang.
(b) He was giving reports to the enemy.
(c) He went to the news and reported Kwang's activity.
(d) He lied about his income to gain sympathy.
5. Does Henry know who attacked John Kwang's offices?
(d) John Kwang's offices are never harmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Henry suspect that his company is responsible for what happened at Kwang's offices?
2. How much longer does Henry say he will work for Hoagland?
3. Where was John Kwang born?
4. About how old is Grace?
5. How old is the girl Kwang is caught with after his accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kwang react to losing Eduardo?
2. Describe the process Lelia goes through to make Henry's favorite dish.
3. Why does Henry suspect Glimmer and Company for being responsible for the fire?
4. Describe Chun Ji-yun.
5. What sort of issues did Henry have as a child when he had to learn English?
6. Why has it been so long since Henry and Lelia have made love?
7. How has Kwang changed over the course of the story?
8. Describe Grace.
9. Why was Helda important to the Kwang family?
10. Why do Henry and Lelia decide waiting on moving into Henry's father's house is the best course of action?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)