|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which subjects do Henry and John Kwang speak about in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Travel and food.
(b) Politics and travel.
(c) Politics and race.
(d) Race and schools.
2. Why does Henry refuse to quit his job?
(a) He is afraid someone will be hurt.
(b) He likes the money too much.
(c) He is afraid of John Kwang.
(d) He does not know what else he would do.
3. Who is Alice?
(a) Henry's friend.
(b) Lelia's mother.
(c) Jack's aunt.
(d) Mitt's sister.
4. What is the "Taxi Rule"?
(a) Not going home alone at the end of the night.
(b) Staying twice as sober as a subject.
(c) Paying the taxi twice the fare.
(d) Only getting a taxi if necessary.
5. How long have Henry and Lelia been together at this point in the story?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sherrie react when Henry and Kwang show up at her home?
2. Which character wants Henry use an alias?
3. Why is Henry suspicious of Kwang and Sherrie's relationship?
4. How much was rent on Eduardo's apartment?
5. Where was John Kwang born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Helda important to the Kwang family?
2. Why does Kwang start to call Henry "byong-ho" when they are together?
3. What sort of issues did Henry have as a child when he had to learn English?
4. What does Jack mean by saying that Dennis is not a "doing creature"?
5. Why is Lelia lamb stew important to Henry?
6. What does Henry mean by saying that May is from "yangban" stock?
7. What suspicions does Henry harbor when it comes to Kwang and Sherrie?
8. Describe Grace.
9. What does the Korean restaurant Henry and Kwang go to look like?
10. Describe Chun Ji-yun.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)