|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "ggeh"?
(a) An American hotel.
(b) A Korean money club.
(c) A Japanese entertainment club.
(d) A Chinese tea house.
2. What does Lelia worry about in Chapter 15?
3. What does Henry deliver to Eduardo's family?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A golden pen.
(c) A book.
(d) A check.
4. Who takes over Eduardo's old job?
5. Which character has an "Iron Curtain look"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lelia's occupation?
2. What does Dennis want from Henry before he leaves the company?
3. What is the name of the motel Henry and Lelia stay at?
4. Where was John Kwang born?
5. Who suspects Dennis's "friends" of being federal agents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry mean by saying that May is from "yangban" stock?
2. Why is Lelia lamb stew important to Henry?
3. How has Kwang changed over the course of the story?
4. What suspicions does Henry harbor when it comes to Kwang and Sherrie?
5. What sort of issues did Henry have as a child when he had to learn English?
6. How do Grace and Pete treat Henry when they see him?
7. Why does Kwang start to call Henry "byong-ho" when they are together?
8. Describe Sherrie.
9. How does Kwang react to losing Eduardo?
10. What does Jack mean by saying that Dennis is not a "doing creature"?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)