|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Henry's father's profession back in Korea?
(b) Industrial Engineer.
(c) Rocket scientist.
(d) Heart surgeon.
2. What does Janice assume about Henry?
(a) That he is single.
(b) That he has a large family.
(c) That he is an aspiring novelist.
(d) That he is a bad person.
3. Where does Henry spend his free time so that he may see Lelia?
(a) The airport terminal next to Lelia's house.
(b) The library across from Lelia's apartment.
(c) The hotel lobby where Lelia is staying.
(d) The cafe across from where Lelia is staying.
4. What kind of personality did Wen Zhou have?
5. How long has Lelia been a smoker?
(a) Since middleschool.
(b) Lelia does not smoke.
(c) Since highschool.
(d) Since college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Wen Zhou worry about his girlfriend?
2. What is a "ggeh" club?
3. How long does it take for Henry to get close to Kwang?
4. What kind of car does John Kwang drive?
5. Where did Henry spend his summers after he got married and had his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry and Lelia's marriage.
2. What caused Mitt's death?
3. How do Grace and Pete treat Henry when they see him?
4. Which employees does Kwang show favoritism to?
5. How has Kwang changed over the course of the story?
6. How did Henry and Lelia react to their son's death?
7. Why does Henry agree to take up Eduardo's old job?
8. Why do Henry and Lelia decide waiting on moving into Henry's father's house is the best course of action?
9. How does John Kwang dress?
10. How skilled was Mitt in the English language?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)