|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of relationship does John Kwang and Henry share?
(a) A friendship based on mutual understanding.
(b) An uneasy truce between enemies.
(c) Henry and John Kwang do not know each other.
(d) A loving and spiritual bond.
2. What happened on Henry's last assignment?
(a) He got caught.
(b) He almost ruined it.
(c) He never completed it.
(d) He ignored it.
3. What happens after John Kwang finishes speaking at the rally in Chapter 9?
(a) A woman comes on stage and begs for his help.
(b) Janice and Eduardo have dinner together.
(c) A series of pops goes off in the crowd.
(d) Henry sees Mitt's ghost.
4. Where does Henry spend his free time so that he may see Lelia?
(a) The airport terminal next to Lelia's house.
(b) The hotel lobby where Lelia is staying.
(c) The cafe across from where Lelia is staying.
(d) The library across from Lelia's apartment.
5. Who is Dennis Hoagland?
(a) Henry's boss.
(b) Henry's father.
(c) Henry's lawyer.
(d) Henry's banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stew?
2. How does Henry get to Flushing?
3. What does Janice do when she finds out about John Kwang's secret?
4. What is the store owner and the customer arguing about at the end of chapter 11?
5. What was Henry's father's profession back in Korea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry and Lelia's marriage.
2. Describe Henry and Jack's relationship.
3. Describe Henry.
4. What does Henry think of New York City by the end of the story?
5. List five of the things Leila wrote on the list she gave to Henry before she left for Europe.
6. Describe Henry's occupation.
7. Describe the process Lelia goes through to make Henry's favorite dish.
8. Why is Lelia lamb stew important to Henry?
9. Why do Henry and Lelia decide waiting on moving into Henry's father's house is the best course of action?
10. Describe Wen Zhou and why he was an interest to Henry's company.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)