|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mitt think of his grandfather?
(a) He hated him.
(b) He was neutral toward him.
(c) He never know his grandfather.
(d) He admired him.
2. Is John Kwang taller or shorter than Henry?
(b) The same height.
(d) Henry never meets John Kwang.
3. Who is Pete Ichibata?
(a) The man Lelia had an affair with.
(b) A man Molly used to date.
(c) An owner of one of the local rice factories.
(d) A man Henry once worked with.
4. What does Lelia give Henry before she leaves for Europe?
(a) A folder.
(b) A list.
(c) A book.
(d) A pamphlet.
5. Which feature was Henry's father the most vain about?
(a) His face.
(b) His hair.
(c) His nails.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Sophie?
2. What happens when Henry goes to Molly's apartment and tries to contact Lelia?
3. In what manner did Mitt die?
4. What is the tone of the writing Lelia leaves for Henry?
5. How long does it take for Henry to get close to Kwang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lelia while she was in Europe?
2. Describe Henry.
3. Describe John Kwang.
4. Describe Wen Zhou and why he was an interest to Henry's company.
5. What is Henry's response when he is asked about his profession?
6. Describe Chun Ji-yun.
7. How did Henry and Lelia react to their son's death?
8. List five of the things Leila wrote on the list she gave to Henry before she left for Europe.
9. What sort of issues did Henry have as a child when he had to learn English?
10. Why does Kwang try to get the waitress at the Korean nightclub to service Henry?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)