|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Kwang work after coming to America?
(a) A laundry mat.
(b) A noodle shop.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A cafeteria.
2. Who is Arabel?
(a) Henry's daughter.
(b) Eduardo's girlfriend.
(c) John Kwang's mistress.
(d) Janice's sister.
3. What does Henry deliver to Eduardo's family?
(a) A book.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A check.
(d) A golden pen.
4. Which tense is Chapter 15 told in?
(d) There is no Chpater 15.
5. Which subjects do Henry and John Kwang speak about in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Race and schools.
(b) Travel and food.
(c) Politics and race.
(d) Politics and travel.
6. Are most of the members of Kwang's money club immigrants?
(a) Kwang was never part of a money club.
(b) It is unclear.
7. Where is Sherrie's husband?
(a) In El Paso.
(b) In London.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In Bejing.
8. What is a "ggeh"?
(a) An American hotel.
(b) A Japanese entertainment club.
(c) A Korean money club.
(d) A Chinese tea house.
9. About how old is Grace?
10. Why does Henry take pills?
(a) To impress Kwang.
(b) To keep his metabolism up.
(c) To remember Mitt by.
(d) To sympathize with Lelia.
11. How much was rent on Eduardo's apartment?
(a) $500 a month.
(b) $2,000 a month.
(c) $1,500 a month.
(d) $1,000 a month.
12. Why does Henry want to stay sober?
(a) So that he can save money.
(b) So that he can still observe Kwang.
(c) So that he can make it home.
(d) So that he can impress the hostess.
13. How much longer does Henry say he will work for Hoagland?
(a) One year.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
14. How many love seats are in Kwang's private room at the bar?
15. What color are the pills Henry takes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Can Chun Ji-yun speak English?
2. Where do Henry, Kwang, and Sherrie go after they leave Sherrie's place?
3. Who takes over Eduardo's old job?
4. Who suspects Dennis's "friends" of being federal agents?
5. What does Leila spill on the rug?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)