|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Henry understand why Lelia left him?
(b) Henry and Leila are not a couple.
(d) A little.
2. Who is Henry?
(a) The antagonist.
(b) No character is named Henry.
(c) A supporting character.
(d) The protagonist.
3. What happens after John Kwang finishes speaking at the rally in Chapter 9?
(a) Henry sees Mitt's ghost.
(b) A series of pops goes off in the crowd.
(c) Janice and Eduardo have dinner together.
(d) A woman comes on stage and begs for his help.
4. Why did Wen Zhou worry about his girlfriend?
(a) Because she did not come to America.
(b) Because she came from a bad family.
(c) Because she was still in school.
(d) Because she was poor.
5. How old was Henry's son when he died?
6. How long has Lelia been a smoker?
(a) Since college.
(b) Since highschool.
(c) Lelia does not smoke.
(d) Since middleschool.
7. Which of the following is Henry good at writing?
(a) The track record.
(b) The money log.
(c) The daily register.
(d) The nightly count.
8. Is John Kwang taller or shorter than Henry?
(b) The same height.
(d) Henry never meets John Kwang.
9. Who is Mitt?
(a) Henry's uncle.
(b) Henry's father.
(c) Henry's brother.
(d) Henry's son
10. What type of relationship does John Kwang and Henry share?
(a) A loving and spiritual bond.
(b) An uneasy truce between enemies.
(c) A friendship based on mutual understanding.
(d) Henry and John Kwang do not know each other.
11. What is wrong with Henry?
(b) Raising children.
(c) Conflict of identity.
(d) Accepting his family.
12. Who did Henry's father bring home from the airport?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A novelist.
13. Which country did Wen Zhou believe was the future?
14. What incriminating secret does Janice learn about John Kwang?
(a) That he lied to the FBI.
(b) That he stole taxpayer's money
(c) That he shot a man.
(d) That he is having an affair.
15. Why are the members of John Kwang's staff taught Korean phrases?
(a) Because they live in Korea.
(b) Because many of Kwang's supporters are Korean.
(c) Because Henry is Korean.
(d) Because he likes the Korean language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hoagland believe Americans make the worst spies?
2. What is the store owner and the customer arguing about at the end of chapter 11?
3. What happens when Henry goes to Molly's apartment and tries to contact Lelia?
4. In which city did Henry and Lelia first meet?
5. What is the tone of the writing Lelia leaves for Henry?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)