|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Ahjuhma" mean?
2. Who is Dennis Hoagland?
(a) Henry's lawyer.
(b) Henry's father.
(c) Henry's banker.
(d) Henry's boss.
3. What does Janice assume about Henry?
(a) That he is a bad person.
(b) That he is single.
(c) That he has a large family.
(d) That he is an aspiring novelist.
4. Did Henry's father show remorse for his wife's death?
(c) Henry's father never married.
(d) Only a little.
5. What happened to Henry's son?
(a) Henry has never had children.
(b) He was sent to boarding school.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He died.
6. Who took care of Henry's father in his last days?
7. Who is Pete Ichibata?
(a) A man Henry once worked with.
(b) An owner of one of the local rice factories.
(c) The man Lelia had an affair with.
(d) A man Molly used to date.
8. What is Roy Chillingworth's occupation?
(c) Police commissioner.
9. Who is John Kwang?
(a) A friend of Henry's father.
(b) A romantic interest of Leila.
(c) A rival of Henry at his job.
(d) A man Henry investigates.
10. Which country did Wen Zhou believe was the future?
11. Who is Henry?
(a) No character is named Henry.
(b) The antagonist.
(c) The protagonist.
(d) A supporting character.
12. What is the store owner and the customer arguing about at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A pair of cheap earrings.
(b) A lost wallet.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) A stolen necklace.
13. How long does it take for Henry to get close to Kwang?
(a) Over a year.
(b) Over two weeks.
(c) Under two weeks.
(d) Under a week.
14. How old was Henry's son when he died?
15. In what manner did Mitt die?
(c) Internal bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is John Kwang's hair?
2. Where was Henry born?
3. What happens when Henry gets to Flushing?
4. How does Henry get to Flushing?
5. What happens after John Kwang finishes speaking at the rally in Chapter 9?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)