|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of the writing Lelia leaves for Henry?
2. When Janice asks Henry about his occupation, what does he say?
(a) He is a freelance writer.
(b) He is a philanthropist.
(c) He won the lottery.
(d) He is an artist.
3. On which days does Kwang like to take home printouts to study?
4. Who is John Kwang?
(a) A friend of Henry's father.
(b) A romantic interest of Leila.
(c) A rival of Henry at his job.
(d) A man Henry investigates.
5. Why does Hoagland believe Americans make the worst spies?
(a) Because Americans are too trusting.
(b) Because Americans are too dumb.
(c) Because Americans talk too much.
(d) Because Americans are too obnoxious.
6. What is the store owner and the customer arguing about at the end of chapter 11?
(a) A stolen necklace.
(b) A broken watch.
(c) A lost wallet.
(d) A pair of cheap earrings.
7. Who did Henry's father bring home from the airport?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A novelist.
8. What was Henry's father's profession back in Korea?
(b) Heart surgeon.
(c) Industrial Engineer.
(d) Rocket scientist.
9. What does John Kwang say about "thick lidded" eyes?
(a) They make it easier to see long distances.
(b) They keep the spirit warm and happy.
(c) They are attractive.
(d) They help create a connection to the soul.
10. How many cigarettes does Lelia smoke?
(a) A pack a week.
(b) Two a day.
(c) A carton a week.
(d) Two packs a week.
11. Is John Kwang taller or shorter than Henry?
(c) The same height.
(d) Henry never meets John Kwang.
12. What time of day does Dennis usually call Henry?
(b) Early evening.
(d) Early morning.
13. What did Mitt think of his grandfather?
(a) He admired him.
(b) He was neutral toward him.
(c) He never know his grandfather.
(d) He hated him.
14. What happened on Henry's last assignment?
(a) He ignored it.
(b) He got caught.
(c) He almost ruined it.
(d) He never completed it.
15. Does Henry work from home?
(b) Henry does not have a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pete Ichibata?
2. How long has Lelia been a smoker?
3. How old was Henry's son when he died?
4. What happened to Henry's son?
5. Who is Henry?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)