|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry spend his free time so that he may see Lelia?
(a) The airport terminal next to Lelia's house.
(b) The cafe across from where Lelia is staying.
(c) The library across from Lelia's apartment.
(d) The hotel lobby where Lelia is staying.
2. Where are Janice and Henry when she speaks of her personal history?
(b) Times Square.
(d) The Bronx.
3. Does Henry support the idea of adoption?
(a) A little.
(b) Henry never considers adoption.
4. Is Lelia ever aware of Henry's real profession?
(d) Henry does not have a job.
5. How old was Henry when his mother died?
6. Who is Jack?
(a) Henry's associate.
(b) Henry's neighbor.
(c) Henry's brother.
(d) Henry's friend.
7. Which country did Wen Zhou believe was the future?
8. Where was Henry born?
(d) The United States.
9. Where is Jack from?
10. What happens after John Kwang finishes speaking at the rally in Chapter 9?
(a) A series of pops goes off in the crowd.
(b) Henry sees Mitt's ghost.
(c) A woman comes on stage and begs for his help.
(d) Janice and Eduardo have dinner together.
11. Who is Grace?
(a) A coworker of Henry.
(b) An enemy of John Kwang.
(c) A rival of Jack.
(d) A friend of Leila.
12. How long is Lelia in Europe for?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two years.
13. How many cigarettes does Lelia smoke?
(a) A pack a week.
(b) Two a day.
(c) Two packs a week.
(d) A carton a week.
14. Did Henry's father show remorse for his wife's death?
(b) Henry's father never married.
(d) Only a little.
15. In what manner did Mitt die?
(a) Internal bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Henry good at writing?
2. Who took care of Henry's father in his last days?
3. What is the store owner and the customer arguing about at the end of chapter 11?
4. What does "Ahjuhma" mean?
5. How does Henry get to Flushing?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)