|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lelia give Henry before she leaves for Europe?
(a) A folder.
(b) A book.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A list.
2. What is the tone of the writing Lelia leaves for Henry?
3. What does Janice assume about Henry?
(a) That he is an aspiring novelist.
(b) That he is a bad person.
(c) That he is single.
(d) That he has a large family.
4. On which days does Kwang like to take home printouts to study?
5. Who is John Kwang?
(a) A friend of Henry's father.
(b) A rival of Henry at his job.
(c) A romantic interest of Leila.
(d) A man Henry investigates.
6. Is John Kwang taller or shorter than Henry?
(b) The same height.
(c) Henry never meets John Kwang.
7. Why does Hoagland believe Americans make the worst spies?
(a) Because Americans are too dumb.
(b) Because Americans talk too much.
(c) Because Americans are too trusting.
(d) Because Americans are too obnoxious.
8. What incriminating secret does Janice learn about John Kwang?
(a) That he lied to the FBI.
(b) That he shot a man.
(c) That he is having an affair.
(d) That he stole taxpayer's money
9. What unusual object does Henry find in many of the businesses of Flushing?
(a) Framed pictures of John Kwang.
(b) Posters of John Kwang and his children.
(c) Buttons with John Kwang's face on them.
(d) Graffiti in John Kwang's likeness.
10. Who is Jack?
(a) Henry's associate.
(b) Henry's friend.
(c) Henry's neighbor.
(d) Henry's brother.
11. When Janice asks Henry about his occupation, what does he say?
(a) He is a philanthropist.
(b) He won the lottery.
(c) He is a freelance writer.
(d) He is an artist.
12. Who was Wen Zhou?
(a) A chinese man Henry once worked with.
(b) A chinese man Henry once knew from the casino.
(c) A chinese man Henry once investigated.
(d) A chinese man Henry once spoke with at Kwang's rally.
13. Did Henry's father show remorse for his wife's death?
(b) Only a little.
(d) Henry's father never married.
14. Does Henry understand why Lelia left him?
(b) Henry and Leila are not a couple.
(d) A little.
15. How old was Henry when his mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Lelia ever aware of Henry's real profession?
2. What happened on Henry's last assignment?
3. Where does Henry go to meet with Jack?
4. Where does Henry live?
5. In which city did Henry and Lelia first meet?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)