Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1 & 2 (pages 1-16) Abstract
* Henry thinks about his wife, Leila, who has left him.
* Henry thinks of the list Leila gave him before she left.
* Henry thinks upon how Leila discovered his true profession.
Chapter 3 (pages 17-42) Abstract
* Henry reflects upon the first time he met Leila.
* While Leila was away in Europe, Henry thought about...
This section contains 1,569 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)