Chapters 1 & 2 (pages 1-16)
• Henry thinks about his wife, Leila, who has left him.
• Henry thinks of the list Leila gave him before she left.
• Henry thinks upon how Leila discovered his true profession.
• Henry reflects upon the first time he met Leila.
• While Leila was away in Europe, Henry thought about her often.
• Henry introduces the reader to his coworkers.
• Henry goes on to explain how his coworkers are all specific types of spies.
Chapter 3 (pages 17-42)
• Leila returns from Europe but does not come back to Henry.
• Dennis calls to talk to Henry about his assignment.
• Henry thinks of happier times as he roams his apartment.
• Henry thinks of Leila and how she is staying with her friend Molly.
• Henry drives to work.
• Henry and Jack have lunch.
• Henry and Jack talk about Sophie, Jack's dead wife.
• Jack gives Henry details on his next assignment.
• Jack warns...
This section contains 1,569 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)