Chapters 1 & 2 (pages 1-16)
* Henry thinks about his wife, Leila, who has left him.
* Henry thinks of the list Leila gave him before she left.
* Henry thinks upon how Leila discovered his true profession.
* Henry reflects upon the first time he met Leila.
* While Leila was away in Europe, Henry thought about her often.
* Henry introduces the reader to his coworkers.
* Henry goes on to explain how his coworkers are all specific types of spies.
Chapter 3 (pages 17-42)
* Leila returns from Europe but does not come back to Henry.
* Dennis calls to talk to Henry about his assignment.
* Henry thinks of happier times as he roams his apartment.
* Henry thinks of Leila and how she is staying with her friend Molly.
* Henry drives to work.
* Henry and Jack have lunch.
* Henry and Jack talk about Sophie, Jack's dead wife.
* Jack gives Henry details on his next assignment.
* Jack warns...
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)