Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
2. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
3. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
4. As part of Lewis' introduction to Benevento he receives a scrap of paper listing the prices for small tasks; what should he expect to pay for help from the principal citizen?
5. When Lewis' friend Don Ubaldo dies, he notes that the man succumbed to which of the following diseases?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the result of Giovanni Patierno's letter-carrying activity when he is apprehended.
2. What situation does Lewis encounter when he travels to San Sebastiano to investigate conditions there after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius?
3. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
4. Describe the mistake that occurs when Lewis is sent to investigate reports of a female spy in Afragola.
5. How does Lewis describe Vincente Lattarullo when he relates their first meeting?
6. What does Lewis learn from the Americans in his September 11, 1943 entry?
7. When Antonio Priore is sentenced to 3 years in jail for his part in the theft and sale of Allied copper, what reason does Lewis give for the long sentence?
8. What condition is the city of Naples in when Lewis arrives after his stay in the hospital?
9. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
10. According to Lewis, what is astounding when thieves raid the Field Security Offices at Castelammare castle?
Using all available instances, compare and contrast the behavior of the American soldiers with that of the Canadians.
Compare and contrast the lifestyles of rich Neapolitans with that of the poor. Be sure to include supporting information from the text.
In a well-developed essay, cite two superstitious or religious practices of the Neapolitan people and explain Lewis' reaction to each. Include supporting information from the book in your response.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)