|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis and his companions enter the catacombs behind San Gennaro on reports that German SS officers are hidden there. How many galleries are in this catacomb?
2. Which of the following individuals is a witness in the case against the man arrested by the corrupt police chief on fraudulent charges of conspiracy with the Germans?
3. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
4. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
5. On the expedition with Ingeniere Crespi's family Lewis reports that in total they manage to catch how many birds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What health situation does Lewis find when he leaves Benevento and returns to Naples?
2. When Lewis is forced to arrest Signora Esposito-Lau, what reason does her husband give as the likely one behind the arrest?
3. How does Lewis describe informers in his October 10, 1943 entry?
4. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
5. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
6. According to Lewis, what is astounding when thieves raid the Field Security Offices at Castelammare castle?
7. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
8. When arriving in Salerno, why are Lewis and his fellow British officers assigned to an American army and how do the Americans treat them?
9. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
10. How does Lewis describe Vincente Lattarullo when he relates their first meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the lifestyles of rich Neapolitans with that of the poor. Be sure to include supporting information from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and analyze the A-Force plot to use prostitutes to spread venereal disease to German soldiers. What strengths and weaknesses does the plan have? Be sure to include supporting information from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the experience of Lewis and his fellow British soldiers with that of the American Army to which they are assigned when the men first reach Salerno in September. Be sure to include supporting information from the text.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)