|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On July 12, 1944 Lewis notes that he has visited every town within 30 miles of Naples with what exception?
2. While talking about various salaries Lewis says that his research shows the Questore of Naples makes the most, at what amount per month?
(a) 7234 lire.
(b) 4587 lire.
(c) 3823 lire.
(d) 5496 lire.
3. Toward the end of "July 1944" Lewis says that about how many people live in a single acre in the district of Vicaria?
4. When Lewis visits the house set up--illegally--by Captain Frazer and Signora Lola, he notes that it is badly damaged from an air raid that happened on which date?
(a) December 11, 1943.
(b) March 14, 1944.
(c) April 1, 1944.
(d) October 30, 1943.
5. During their visit to the bones of St. Andrew, the informant tells Lewis that the bones excrete the rejuvenating fluid how many times per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis visits which of the following volcanoes during his time in the last Neapolitan suburb he has to visit?
2. While in the hospital Lewis mentions that Signoras Lola and Susanna will be going on a retreat to Ischia to "deflate," and that they will eat what to accomplish this?
3. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
4. As part of the A-Force's plan to use venereal disease (STD) as a weapon, Lewis says that a number of prostitutes are rounded up and taken on a day trip where?
5. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Benevento Lewis discusses the diseases that have sprung up among the people. What methods does Lewis use to try to prevent another bout of malaria?
2. What attitude does Vittorio Fortuna have when Lewis arrests him, and what reason might there be for his attitude?
3. Describe the result of Giovanni Patierno's letter-carrying activity when he is apprehended.
4. When Lewis explains the Robin Hood tradition in the Zona di Camorra, what individual does he mention and what actions has this person taken?
5. When Lewis talks about his friend Lattarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funeral services, how does he say his friend accomplishes this?
6. During April 1944 what reason does Lewis give for the huge number of prostitutes in Naples?
7. What reason does Signora Lola give for the odd behavior of a man in a cafe during the day trip to Capri?
8. What does Lewis find when he visits a small volcano called the Solfatara?
9. What frustration does Eric Williams have during the Feast of the Lily in Nola?
10. Describe the A-Force's plot when they attempt to use Italian prostitutes against the Germans and why the plan fails.
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)