|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(a) Motor bike.
2. As Lewis makes himself acquainted with Benevento, he says that the new Marshal of the town is a man by what name?
3. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(b) Antonio Ceechi.
(c) Eugenio Reale.
(d) Del Giudice.
4. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
(c) White bread.
5. During their visit to the bones of St. Andrew, the informant tells Lewis that the bones excrete the rejuvenating fluid how many times per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis is ordered to Benevento to take over security for the Canadian FSS, he notes that fortunately it's a temporary arrangement as he is one man replacing how many?
2. When Lewis and Evans are sent to search through Prince Pignatelli's apartment, they find a glass of wine left behind with what substance in it?
3. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
4. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
5. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustration does Eric Williams have during the Feast of the Lily in Nola?
2. After Frazer is posted and his relationship with Signora Lola ends Lewis mentions that Lola and her friend will be going to the island of Capri to "deflate." What is meant by this?
3. What hobby does Lewis learn that the boys in Benevento enjoy during his tour of the city with the Marshal?
4. When Lewis explains the Robin Hood tradition in the Zona di Camorra, what individual does he mention and what actions has this person taken?
5. What attitude does Vittorio Fortuna have when Lewis arrests him, and what reason might there be for his attitude?
6. What is the importance of San Gennaro's blood to the Neapolitan people, as discussed in "May 1944"?
7. To what does Lewis attribute the differences found in Pozzuoli compared with other regions nearby in his discussion of that area?
8. After Domenico Lupo begins to annoy the Allies by attacking military supply trains, how is he finally found and arrested?
9. While in Benevento Lewis discusses the diseases that have sprung up among the people. What methods does Lewis use to try to prevent another bout of malaria?
10. When Lewis visits Salvatore Loreto in the Cancello Field Hospital, the nurse says that a German in the bed next to him will die soon after six p.m. Why is she so sure of this?
This section contains 1,299 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)