|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the customary pilgrimage to the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that it has been a custom for how long?
(a) 1500 years.
(b) 2000 years.
(c) 600 years.
(d) 300 years.
2. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
3. Which of the following is the name of the jeweler who arranges for the delivery of illegal letters in "March 1944"?
4. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
(a) Motor bike.
5. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
2. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
3. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
4. As part of the A-Force's plan to use venereal disease (STD) as a weapon, Lewis says that a number of prostitutes are rounded up and taken on a day trip where?
5. When a prostitute presents herself at the police station expecting a blanket in return for her services, Lewis is astonished to find that she is how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Neapolitan architecture and that of Pozzuoli, as discussed in "July 1944"?
2. What comment does Lewis make about Lago Averno when he visits the location?
3. Describe the murder of five Moors as "June 1944" opens.
4. What hobby does Lewis learn that the boys in Benevento enjoy during his tour of the city with the Marshal?
5. While in Benevento Lewis discusses the diseases that have sprung up among the people. What methods does Lewis use to try to prevent another bout of malaria?
6. What does Lewis find when he visits a small volcano called the Solfatara?
7. During April 1944 what reason does Lewis give for the huge number of prostitutes in Naples?
8. What frustration does Eric Williams have during the Feast of the Lily in Nola?
9. When Lewis recounts the tale of the five British soldiers who managed to escape from German prison camps, what method does he say the soldiers used?
10. Why are the Neapolitan prostitutes unhappy when they learn about the A-Force's idea to use them against the Germans in Rome?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)