|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
(c) White bread.
2. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 8 - 10.
(b) 5 - 7.
(c) 1 - 4.
(d) 15 - 20.
3. When Lewis refuses the blanket-requesting prostitute at the police station, she remains good natured and accepts what other item Lewis offers?
(d) 200 lire.
4. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
5. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
(a) Paper strips.
(d) Plastic bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking about various salaries Lewis says that his research shows the Questore of Naples makes the most, at what amount per month?
2. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
3. While discussing Latarullo's home furnishings Lewis describes a dingy piece of rock, supposedly from the sanctuary of which saint?
4. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
5. The attendants who pass out the rejuvenating fluid when Lewis and his informant visit the bones of St. Andrew suffer what affliction, deemed to be lucky?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Domenico Lupo begins to annoy the Allies by attacking military supply trains, how is he finally found and arrested?
2. While in Benevento Lewis discusses the diseases that have sprung up among the people. What methods does Lewis use to try to prevent another bout of malaria?
3. Describe the murder of five Moors as "June 1944" opens.
4. To what does Lewis attribute the differences found in Pozzuoli compared with other regions nearby in his discussion of that area?
5. What reason does Signora Lola give for the odd behavior of a man in a cafe during the day trip to Capri?
6. When Lewis visits Salvatore Loreto in the Cancello Field Hospital, the nurse says that a German in the bed next to him will die soon after six p.m. Why is she so sure of this?
7. What frustration does Eric Williams have during the Feast of the Lily in Nola?
8. What comment does Lewis make about Lago Averno when he visits the location?
9. What does Lewis find when he visits a small volcano called the Solfatara?
10. During April 1944 what reason does Lewis give for the huge number of prostitutes in Naples?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)