|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On September 19, 1944 Lewis decides to set up a checkpoint three miles out of town, across which river?
2. As Lewis makes himself acquainted with Benevento, he says that the new Marshal of the town is a man by what name?
3. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
4. Which of the following items does Lewis NOT lose in the flood during his stay in the hospital?
(d) Shaving kit.
5. With which of the following captains does Lewis meet after a night spent patrolling the streets of Salerno for German infiltrators?
(a) Captain Paglia.
(b) Captain Moore.
(c) Captain Castello.
(d) Captain Cartwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis winds up in the American Evacuation Hospital he is ill with a re-infection of which of the following illnesses?
2. On which of the following dates is Lewis discharged from the American Evacuation Hospital after his illness?
3. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
4. While in the hospital Lewis mentions that Signoras Lola and Susanna will be going on a retreat to Ischia to "deflate," and that they will eat what to accomplish this?
5. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lewis recounts the tale of the five British soldiers who managed to escape from German prison camps, what method does he say the soldiers used?
2. What condition is the city of Naples in when Lewis arrives after his stay in the hospital?
3. Describe the mistake that occurs when Lewis is sent to investigate reports of a female spy in Afragola.
4. According to Lewis, what is astounding when thieves raid the Field Security Offices at Castelammare castle?
5. When arriving in Salerno, why are Lewis and his fellow British officers assigned to an American army and how do the Americans treat them?
6. Describe the A-Force's plot when they attempt to use Italian prostitutes against the Germans and why the plan fails.
7. How does Lewis describe Vincente Lattarullo when he relates their first meeting?
8. What does Lewis say about the appearance of Captain Frazer in his November 26, 1943 entry?
9. What surprise does a colleague of Lewis' receive when he accepts what he believes is a courteous invitation to visit a local cemetery with an informant?
10. Describe the information Lewis and the other men in his section have when they first arrive in Salerno.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)