|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When told to tidy up the black market situation Lewis investigates Vittorio Fortuna, a pharmacist known to traffic illegally in what medication?
2. When Lewis first meets the man who will become his best informant, Vincente Lattarullo, he reports that the man is a member of which of the following professions?
3. When a prostitute presents herself at the police station expecting a blanket in return for her services, Lewis is astonished to find that she is how old?
4. The attendants who pass out the rejuvenating fluid when Lewis and his informant visit the bones of St. Andrew suffer what affliction, deemed to be lucky?
5. When discussing Lattarullo's Separatists, Lewis notes that the organization wants to dress everyone in Roman tunics and enforce a minimum of ____ children per family.
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing Latarullo's home furnishings Lewis describes a dingy piece of rock, supposedly from the sanctuary of which saint?
2. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
3. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
4. When Lewis winds up in the American Evacuation Hospital he is ill with a re-infection of which of the following illnesses?
5. Lewis sees a man in Capaccio, whom he describes as an Italian Father Christmas, selling what at a table in his garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
2. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
3. Describe the military situation in Salerno, as discussed in the September 9, 1943 entry.
4. Describe the result of Giovanni Patierno's letter-carrying activity when he is apprehended.
5. Why are the Neapolitan prostitutes unhappy when they learn about the A-Force's idea to use them against the Germans in Rome?
6. How does Lewis describe Vincente Lattarullo when he relates their first meeting?
7. Describe the mistake that occurs when Lewis is sent to investigate reports of a female spy in Afragola.
8. What surprise does a colleague of Lewis' receive when he accepts what he believes is a courteous invitation to visit a local cemetery with an informant?
9. Describe the A-Force's plot when they attempt to use Italian prostitutes against the Germans and why the plan fails.
10. When Antonio Priore is sentenced to 3 years in jail for his part in the theft and sale of Allied copper, what reason does Lewis give for the long sentence?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)