|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "October 1944" Lewis says that the weather is wonderful at that time of year and that it is common October sport to hunt migrant birds headed to which country?
(c) New Zealand.
2. Lewis begins work on the suspect file in Naples and must catalog everything; he notes that one report describes an individual that has an obsessive fear of which animal?
3. After Lewis gives a hungry man some K rations he receives a strip of cloth that the giver insists will render him bulletproof; from what city did this cloth originate?
4. As part of Lewis' introduction to Benevento he receives a scrap of paper listing the prices for small tasks; what should he expect to pay for help from the principal citizen?
(c) 200 lire.
5. After they search Prince Pignatelli's apartment, Lewis and Evans learn that some local women actually followed the custom of Poppaea Sabina and took baths in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When an attacker dressed as an American pulls a .45 automatic at a checkpoint, which of the following men is shot through the shoulder at close range?
2. Lewis visits Loreto in the hospital and is told by the nurse taking care of him that Loreto will last how long, at the most?
3. Lewis states, as he prepares to arrive in Salerno, that he and his section are attached to which American army unit?
4. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
5. In the October 9, 1943 entry Lewis says that children in Naples are prying limpets off rocks for food. How much can the children collect in exchange for a pint of limpets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
2. What result does Lewis find when he interviews Contessa della Peruta, who has applied to marry a British man?
3. Why is Lewis sent to arrest Cesare Rossi in "February 1944"?
4. What reason does Signora Lola give for the odd behavior of a man in a cafe during the day trip to Capri?
5. What situation does Lewis encounter when he travels to San Sebastiano to investigate conditions there after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius?
6. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
7. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
8. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
9. How does Lewis describe informers in his October 10, 1943 entry?
10. Why are the Neapolitan prostitutes unhappy when they learn about the A-Force's idea to use them against the Germans in Rome?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)