|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis says that his friend Simmons had watched a display at Guarda Sanframondi where devotees half kill themselves in honor of the Virgin every ____ years.
2. During their visit to the bones of St. Andrew, the informant tells Lewis that the bones excrete the rejuvenating fluid how many times per year?
3. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 1 - 4.
(b) 8 - 10.
(c) 5 - 7.
(d) 15 - 20.
4. When Lewis talks about Allied cargo stolen from the Port of Naples, he says that according to estimates the equivalent of how much cargo is stolen?
(a) 1 in 3 ships.
(b) 2 of 7 ships.
(c) 1 in 4 ships.
(d) 3 of 5 ships.
5. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mt. Vesuvius erupts Lewis visits a local seismologist, Professor Saraceno, for information about the event. With what does Lewis pay the man for his advice?
2. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
3. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
4. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
5. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lewis explains the Robin Hood tradition in the Zona di Camorra, what individual does he mention and what actions has this person taken?
2. What result does Lewis find when he interviews Contessa della Peruta, who has applied to marry a British man?
3. What does Lewis find when he visits a small volcano called the Solfatara?
4. When Lewis talks about his friend Lattarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funeral services, how does he say his friend accomplishes this?
5. While in Benevento Lewis discusses the diseases that have sprung up among the people. What methods does Lewis use to try to prevent another bout of malaria?
6. What is the difference between Neapolitan architecture and that of Pozzuoli, as discussed in "July 1944"?
7. Describe the A-Force's plot when they attempt to use Italian prostitutes against the Germans and why the plan fails.
8. What revelation does Lewis have about the young girl who comes to the police station asking for her weekly blanket in "August 1944"?
9. Why are the Neapolitan prostitutes unhappy when they learn about the A-Force's idea to use them against the Germans in Rome?
10. What hobby does Lewis learn that the boys in Benevento enjoy during his tour of the city with the Marshal?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)