|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they search Prince Pignatelli's apartment, Lewis and Evans learn that some local women actually followed the custom of Poppaea Sabina and took baths in what?
2. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
(a) Motor bike.
3. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
(a) Paper strips.
(b) Plastic bags.
4. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
(a) March 15.
(b) March 19.
(c) March 2.
(d) March 24.
5. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Garda.
(b) Lago Maggiore.
(c) Lago Averno.
(d) Lago Cuomo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
2. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
3. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
4. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
5. The attendants who pass out the rejuvenating fluid when Lewis and his informant visit the bones of St. Andrew suffer what affliction, deemed to be lucky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Signora Lola give for the odd behavior of a man in a cafe during the day trip to Capri?
2. Describe the A-Force's plot when they attempt to use Italian prostitutes against the Germans and why the plan fails.
3. While in Benevento Lewis discusses the diseases that have sprung up among the people. What methods does Lewis use to try to prevent another bout of malaria?
4. What situation does Lewis encounter when he travels to San Sebastiano to investigate conditions there after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius?
5. What revelation does Lewis have about the young girl who comes to the police station asking for her weekly blanket in "August 1944"?
6. After Domenico Lupo begins to annoy the Allies by attacking military supply trains, how is he finally found and arrested?
7. What is the difference between Neapolitan architecture and that of Pozzuoli, as discussed in "July 1944"?
8. When Lewis explains the Robin Hood tradition in the Zona di Camorra, what individual does he mention and what actions has this person taken?
9. When Lewis visits Salvatore Loreto in the Cancello Field Hospital, the nurse says that a German in the bed next to him will die soon after six p.m. Why is she so sure of this?
10. During April 1944 what reason does Lewis give for the huge number of prostitutes in Naples?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)