|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(a) Eugenio Reale.
(b) Del Giudice.
(c) Antonio Ceechi.
2. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
(c) Military bases.
3. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
4. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
(d) Brain damaged.
5. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
2. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
3. In Prince Pignatelli's apartment Lewis and Evans find huge stores of which of the following perfumes?
4. Of the marriage application investigations Lewis has completed by April 5, 1944 how many of the Italian women turned out to be prostitutes?
5. When a prostitute presents herself at the police station expecting a blanket in return for her services, Lewis is astonished to find that she is how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lewis explains the Robin Hood tradition in the Zona di Camorra, what individual does he mention and what actions has this person taken?
2. What reason does Signora Lola give for the odd behavior of a man in a cafe during the day trip to Capri?
3. What result does Lewis find when he interviews Contessa della Peruta, who has applied to marry a British man?
4. Why are the Neapolitan prostitutes unhappy when they learn about the A-Force's idea to use them against the Germans in Rome?
5. Describe the A-Force's plot when they attempt to use Italian prostitutes against the Germans and why the plan fails.
6. What revelation does Lewis have about the young girl who comes to the police station asking for her weekly blanket in "August 1944"?
7. After Frazer is posted and his relationship with Signora Lola ends Lewis mentions that Lola and her friend will be going to the island of Capri to "deflate." What is meant by this?
8. When Lewis talks about his friend Lattarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funeral services, how does he say his friend accomplishes this?
9. After Domenico Lupo begins to annoy the Allies by attacking military supply trains, how is he finally found and arrested?
10. When Lewis recounts the tale of the five British soldiers who managed to escape from German prison camps, what method does he say the soldiers used?
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)