|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
(a) 1300 lire.
(b) 1000 lire.
(c) 500 lire.
(d) 100 lire.
2. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 8 - 10.
(b) 15 - 20.
(c) 1 - 4.
(d) 5 - 7.
3. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 500 lire.
(c) 100 lire.
(d) 1000 lire.
4. As part of Lewis' introduction to Benevento he receives a scrap of paper listing the prices for small tasks; what should he expect to pay for help from the principal citizen?
(d) 200 lire.
5. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
(a) 380 lire.
(b) 240 lire.
(c) 450 lire.
(d) 875 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis talks about Allied cargo stolen from the Port of Naples, he says that according to estimates the equivalent of how much cargo is stolen?
2. Lewis visits which of the following volcanoes during his time in the last Neapolitan suburb he has to visit?
3. In Lewis' discussion of various salary levels, how much does he say an Italian major makes per month?
4. When Lewis visits the suburb in "July 1944" he says that this is where which of the following emperors of Rome murdered his mother?
5. Of the marriage application investigations Lewis has completed by April 5, 1944 how many of the Italian women turned out to be prostitutes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lewis recounts the tale of the five British soldiers who managed to escape from German prison camps, what method does he say the soldiers used?
2. What is the difference between Neapolitan architecture and that of Pozzuoli, as discussed in "July 1944"?
3. What situation does Lewis encounter when he travels to San Sebastiano to investigate conditions there after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius?
4. What attitude does Vittorio Fortuna have when Lewis arrests him, and what reason might there be for his attitude?
5. After Frazer is posted and his relationship with Signora Lola ends Lewis mentions that Lola and her friend will be going to the island of Capri to "deflate." What is meant by this?
6. When Lewis talks about his friend Lattarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funeral services, how does he say his friend accomplishes this?
7. Why are the Neapolitan prostitutes unhappy when they learn about the A-Force's idea to use them against the Germans in Rome?
8. To what does Lewis attribute the differences found in Pozzuoli compared with other regions nearby in his discussion of that area?
9. During April 1944 what reason does Lewis give for the huge number of prostitutes in Naples?
10. Describe the result of Giovanni Patierno's letter-carrying activity when he is apprehended.
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)