|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 60 lire.
(d) 400 lire.
2. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(a) Eugenio Reale.
(b) Antonio Ceechi.
(d) Del Giudice.
3. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
4. When discussing the continued success of the black market Lewis says the Psychological Warfare Bureau estimates what percentage of Neapolitan income derives from stolen Allied goods?
5. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
(d) Motor bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis talks about Allied cargo stolen from the Port of Naples, he says that according to estimates the equivalent of how much cargo is stolen?
2. When discussing the awful behavior of French colonial troops as they ravage the countryside, Lewis says doctors in Castro di Volsci treat how many rapes?
3. Lewis says that his friend Simmons had watched a display at Guarda Sanframondi where devotees half kill themselves in honor of the Virgin every ____ years.
4. After taking his informant to dinner, Lewis is asked to visit the bones of St. Andrew to collect a rumored miracle fluid; how much does the informant pay for this privilege?
5. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Benevento Lewis discusses the diseases that have sprung up among the people. What methods does Lewis use to try to prevent another bout of malaria?
2. During April 1944 what reason does Lewis give for the huge number of prostitutes in Naples?
3. What attitude does Vittorio Fortuna have when Lewis arrests him, and what reason might there be for his attitude?
4. What revelation does Lewis have about the young girl who comes to the police station asking for her weekly blanket in "August 1944"?
5. What reason does Signora Lola give for the odd behavior of a man in a cafe during the day trip to Capri?
6. What is the difference between Neapolitan architecture and that of Pozzuoli, as discussed in "July 1944"?
7. What does Lewis find when he visits a small volcano called the Solfatara?
8. Why are the Neapolitan prostitutes unhappy when they learn about the A-Force's idea to use them against the Germans in Rome?
9. When Lewis explains the Robin Hood tradition in the Zona di Camorra, what individual does he mention and what actions has this person taken?
10. After Domenico Lupo begins to annoy the Allies by attacking military supply trains, how is he finally found and arrested?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)