|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, Lewis remarks that the place has how many rooms?
2. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
3. When the orders come through to break up the assault on local girls caught with Allied soldiers, Lewis reports that there are how many men at HQ to deal with the situation?
4. In "January 1944" which of the following is NOT a small town outside Naples also included in the list of Lewis' responsibilities?
5. After receiving the supposed good-luck cloth, Lewis hears that Americans from which division have orders to beat ANY Germans to death, even those who surrender?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
2. On his sight-seeing trip into Capaccio, which of the following flowers does Lewis mention along the street that looks almost English?
3. When Lewis travels to Afragola to investigate reports that a woman there is a spy, he finds that a translation error has occurred and the woman is actually suspected of being what?
4. When discussing the Separatist group for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Lattarullo tells Lewis he believes the war with Germany will be over by which holiday?
5. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the military confusion that occurs in the September 14, 1943 entry.
2. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
3. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
4. What response does Lewis have when it is announced that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be cut to 400 lire per week for each section member?
5. What surprise does a colleague of Lewis' receive when he accepts what he believes is a courteous invitation to visit a local cemetery with an informant?
6. What interesting individual does Lewis meet during his sight-seeing trip to Capaccio, and what experience does he have with the individual?
7. What embarrassing and uncomfortable experience does Lewis relate when he comes into contact with Professore Placella?
8. When the Allies learn that a planned invasion at Anzio is running through the local rumor mill, who does Lewis track down as the source of the leak?
9. Describe the military situation in Salerno, as discussed in the September 9, 1943 entry.
10. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)