|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
2. Days after the checkpoint three miles outside town, the Marshal is offended when Lewis refuses his gift of what?
3. When discussing Signora Esposito-Lau, Lewis notes that the Psychological Warfare Bureau reported that what percentage of the Italian people collaborated with Germans?
4. Anna Consomata reveals during her discussion with Lewis that she agreed to give false testimony because she was the mistress of which of the following?
5. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
2. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
3. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
4. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
5. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
2. When Lewis is forced to arrest Signora Esposito-Lau, what reason does her husband give as the likely one behind the arrest?
3. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
4. How does Lewis describe informers in his October 10, 1943 entry?
5. In "January 1944" why does Lewis say that his other security responsibilities--the small towns around Naples--are pointless?
6. When arriving in Salerno, why are Lewis and his fellow British officers assigned to an American army and how do the Americans treat them?
7. When discussing the reasons behind the plight of Lattarullo and others like him, on what situation does Lewis place the blame in "November 1943"?
8. For what reason are girls assaulted by local boys at the Villa Nazionale during "October 1944"?
9. How does Lewis describe the mood and appearance of the people in the outskirts of Naples after his release from the hospital?
10. In "December 1943" why does Lewis say he feels uncomfortable conducting arrests?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)