|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the January 1, 1944 entry Lewis says that any Allied goods stolen are sold openly on which of the following streets?
(a) Via Chiaia.
(b) Via Forcella.
(c) Via dei Mille.
(d) Via Toledo.
2. Lewis begins work on the suspect file in Naples and must catalog everything; he notes that one report describes an individual that has an obsessive fear of which animal?
3. In "October 1944" Lewis says that the weather is wonderful at that time of year and that it is common October sport to hunt migrant birds headed to which country?
(c) New Zealand.
4. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
5. When Lewis talks about the villainy common to local police chiefs, he mentions which one in particular who has recently had several charges brought against him?
(a) Marshal Albano.
(b) Marshal Benvenuto.
(c) Marshal Acerra.
(d) Marshal Pascarella.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
2. When Lattarullo gives Lewis information about the Neapolitan doctor with the stolen Fiat, Lewis taken him to lunch. Which of the following is Lattarullo offered on the way to eat?
3. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, how many bathrooms does Lewis say it has?
4. When Lewis is invited to go on a family expedition to gather greens and hunt birds with Ingeniere Crespi, the man's son goes along; what is the boy's name?
5. When discussing incredible feats of piracy, Lewis says that what objects have been stolen from the region of Agropoli?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the behavior by the Canadians when they rejoin Lewis in Benvento.
2. When the Allies learn that a planned invasion at Anzio is running through the local rumor mill, who does Lewis track down as the source of the leak?
3. In "December 1943" why does Lewis say he feels uncomfortable conducting arrests?
4. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
5. How does Lewis describe Vincente Lattarullo when he relates their first meeting?
6. When discussing the reasons behind the plight of Lattarullo and others like him, on what situation does Lewis place the blame in "November 1943"?
7. Why is Lewis sent to arrest Cesare Rossi in "February 1944"?
8. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
9. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
10. What reasons does Lewis give for the theft of copper when he is sent to investigate the problem?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)