|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sergeant Moore returns from Salerno, Lewis' group is told there is not enough room for them in the command car; with what commodity is the command car full?
(b) Gas masks.
2. In the final entry for "January 1944" Lewis says that how many operational maps are found in a warehouse, where civilians are about to use them to make a fire?
3. After his discussion of corrupt law enforcement, Lewis visits which of the following men who has been arrested by a corrupt police chief on ridiculous charges?
4. Lewis and his companions enter the catacombs behind San Gennaro on reports that German SS officers are hidden there. How many galleries are in this catacomb?
5. Which of the following individuals does Lewis meet at Zi' Teresa's restaurant at the end of the November 26, 1943 entry?
(a) Captain Albano.
(b) Captain Clark.
(c) Captain Frazer.
(d) Captain Benvenuto.
Short Answer Questions
1. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
2. Which of the following activities has been legally resumed in December 1943?
3. As the book ends and Lewis prepares to leave Naples, he mentions that he hopes he will at least have time to see which of the following individuals before he leaves?
4. When thieves raid the Field Security Office at Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles, how high are the walls they have to climb to do so?
5. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Antonio Priore is sentenced to 3 years in jail for his part in the theft and sale of Allied copper, what reason does Lewis give for the long sentence?
2. How does Lewis describe the mood and appearance of the people in the outskirts of Naples after his release from the hospital?
3. When Lewis and his fellow soldiers in Benevento set up a checkpoint about three miles outside the city, what comment does Lewis make about the contraband confiscated by Marshal Altamura?
4. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
5. What shift in the public attitude does Lewis notice toward the end of his time in Benevento?
6. What does Lewis say about the appearance of Captain Frazer in his November 26, 1943 entry?
7. When Lewis is forced to arrest Signora Esposito-Lau, what reason does her husband give as the likely one behind the arrest?
8. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
9. In "January 1944" why does Lewis say that his other security responsibilities--the small towns around Naples--are pointless?
10. What frustrates Lewis when trying to investigate a report of a murder from one of the scugnizzi outside the Cafe Roma?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)