|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his discussion of corrupt law enforcement, Lewis visits which of the following men who has been arrested by a corrupt police chief on ridiculous charges?
2. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
(a) Villa Adrianna.
(b) Villa Nazionale.
(c) Villa d'Este.
(d) Villa de Medici.
3. What does Lewis find when he follows the Italian Father Christmas into his cottage in Capaccio?
(a) Drugs and contraband.
(b) Dead German.
(d) Moldy food.
4. On his sight-seeing trip into Capaccio, which of the following flowers does Lewis mention along the street that looks almost English?
5. While investigating the charges against the man arrested by the police chief, Lewis compares another witness--Anna Consomata--to an angel by which famous Italian artist?
(a) Da Vinci.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the checkpoint stops three miles outside town, the Canadians discover that most vehicles have stolen tires. How much are the tires worth on the black market?
2. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
3. When Lewis is forced to ask Norah Gemelli for help with a case, what name does she give him?
4. When the Neapolitans serve a banquet to welcome General Mark Clark--who likes fish--the main course was what?
5. When discussing Lattarullo's Separatists, Lewis notes that the organization wants to dress everyone in Roman tunics and enforce a minimum of ____ children per family.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
2. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
3. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
4. What response does Lewis have when it is announced that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be cut to 400 lire per week for each section member?
5. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
6. When Antonio Priore is sentenced to 3 years in jail for his part in the theft and sale of Allied copper, what reason does Lewis give for the long sentence?
7. Why is Lewis sent to arrest Cesare Rossi in "February 1944"?
8. For what reason are girls assaulted by local boys at the Villa Nazionale during "October 1944"?
9. Describe the military confusion that occurs in the September 14, 1943 entry.
10. What frustrates Lewis when trying to investigate a report of a murder from one of the scugnizzi outside the Cafe Roma?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)