|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
(a) Poggio Reale.
(b) Lo Scalzo.
(c) Ingeniere Crespi.
(d) Antonio Priore.
2. On his sight-seeing trip into Capaccio, which of the following flowers does Lewis mention along the street that looks almost English?
3. Right before heading back to Naples after the trip with the Crespi family, there is a picnic of all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. On which of the following dates does Lewis, unable to get to Salerno, decide to take a sight-seeing trip to Capaccio?
(a) September 25, 1944.
(b) September 22, 1944.
(c) September 9, 1943.
(d) September 17, 1943.
5. On which of the following dates does Lewis see a British officer beating an Italian man, which he describes as the most revolting thing he's seen since the war began?
(a) September 20, 1943.
(b) September 12, 1944.
(c) September 16, 1943.
(d) September 25, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
2. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
3. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
4. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, how many bathrooms does Lewis say it has?
5. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
2. In "January 1944" why does Lewis say that his other security responsibilities--the small towns around Naples--are pointless?
3. What frustrates Lewis when trying to investigate a report of a murder from one of the scugnizzi outside the Cafe Roma?
4. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
5. Describe the mistake that occurs when Lewis is sent to investigate reports of a female spy in Afragola.
6. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
7. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
8. Describe the military confusion that occurs in the September 14, 1943 entry.
9. What embarrassing and uncomfortable experience does Lewis relate when he comes into contact with Professore Placella?
10. What response does Lewis have when it is announced that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be cut to 400 lire per week for each section member?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)