|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lattarullo joins the Separatist organization for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, he tells Lewis that which of the following is one of the leaders of the group?
2. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
3. In his descriptions of the small towns around Naples, Lewis mentions that the new mayors of these towns who have been appointed by the Allies are called what?
4. When the Neapolitans serve a banquet to welcome General Mark Clark--who likes fish--the main course was what?
5. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
Short Answer Questions
1. Days after the checkpoint three miles outside town, the Marshal is offended when Lewis refuses his gift of what?
2. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
3. When Sergeant Moore returns from Salerno, Lewis' group is told there is not enough room for them in the command car; with what commodity is the command car full?
4. Lewis notes in November 1943 that the only avenue open to a young man of good family is diplomatic service; how many diplomatic posts are offered in Naples?
5. When an American soldier reports that he has been to a party in Marichiaro and has met a spy, he bases this accusation on the fact that the man claims to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lewis describe Vincente Lattarullo when he relates their first meeting?
2. What does Lewis say about the appearance of Captain Frazer in his November 26, 1943 entry?
3. What health situation does Lewis find when he leaves Benevento and returns to Naples?
4. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
5. For what reason are girls assaulted by local boys at the Villa Nazionale during "October 1944"?
6. What does Lewis learn from the Americans in his September 11, 1943 entry?
7. How does Lewis describe informers in his October 10, 1943 entry?
8. What interesting individual does Lewis meet during his sight-seeing trip to Capaccio, and what experience does he have with the individual?
9. What surprise does a colleague of Lewis' receive when he accepts what he believes is a courteous invitation to visit a local cemetery with an informant?
10. Why is Lewis sent to arrest Cesare Rossi in "February 1944"?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)