|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following individuals is a witness in the case against the man arrested by the corrupt police chief on fraudulent charges of conspiracy with the Germans?
2. After his return to Naples Lewis tells about an assault on local girls found in the company of Allied soldiers; he says that the assault took place from the gardens of which location?
(a) Villa Roma.
(b) Villa Navona.
(c) Villa Republica.
(d) Villa Nazionale.
3. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
4. After receiving the supposed good-luck cloth, Lewis hears that Americans from which division have orders to beat ANY Germans to death, even those who surrender?
5. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing Signora Esposito-Lau, Lewis notes that the Psychological Warfare Bureau reported that what percentage of the Italian people collaborated with Germans?
2. With which of the following captains does Lewis meet after a night spent patrolling the streets of Salerno for German infiltrators?
3. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
4. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
5. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Allies learn that a planned invasion at Anzio is running through the local rumor mill, who does Lewis track down as the source of the leak?
2. When arriving in Salerno, why are Lewis and his fellow British officers assigned to an American army and how do the Americans treat them?
3. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
4. How does Lewis describe informers in his October 10, 1943 entry?
5. In "January 1944" why does Lewis say that his other security responsibilities--the small towns around Naples--are pointless?
6. Why is Lewis sent to arrest Cesare Rossi in "February 1944"?
7. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
8. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
9. What surprise does a colleague of Lewis' receive when he accepts what he believes is a courteous invitation to visit a local cemetery with an informant?
10. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)