|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna Consomata reveals during her discussion with Lewis that she agreed to give false testimony because she was the mistress of which of the following?
2. At the end of "February 1944" Lewis sees his first pazzariello on the Via San Pasquale; according to Lewis, this word translates to what?
(a) Flower merchant.
(d) Pizza shop.
3. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 60 lire.
(c) 100 lire.
(d) 400 lire.
4. When talking about the various local law enforcement agencies, which of the following does Lewis say is the Italian police force?
5. Which of the following activities has been legally resumed in December 1943?
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
2. In early April, Lewis says that he has completed how many investigations of Italian women who wish to marry British soldiers?
3. As "November 1943" opens, Lewis laments that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be reduced to what amount per week?
4. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
5. When the Neapolitans serve a banquet to welcome General Mark Clark--who likes fish--the main course was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Domenico Lupo begins to annoy the Allies by attacking military supply trains, how is he finally found and arrested?
2. When Lewis talks about his friend Lattarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funeral services, how does he say his friend accomplishes this?
3. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
4. For what reason are girls assaulted by local boys at the Villa Nazionale during "October 1944"?
5. What is the importance of San Gennaro's blood to the Neapolitan people, as discussed in "May 1944"?
6. When Lewis and his fellow soldiers in Benevento set up a checkpoint about three miles outside the city, what comment does Lewis make about the contraband confiscated by Marshal Altamura?
7. What revelation does Lewis have about the young girl who comes to the police station asking for her weekly blanket in "August 1944"?
8. Describe the behavior by the Canadians when they rejoin Lewis in Benvento.
9. What shift in the public attitude does Lewis notice toward the end of his time in Benevento?
10. When Lewis visits Salvatore Loreto in the Cancello Field Hospital, the nurse says that a German in the bed next to him will die soon after six p.m. Why is she so sure of this?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)