|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Days after the checkpoint three miles outside town, the Marshal is offended when Lewis refuses his gift of what?
2. On which of the following dates are Lewis and other men attacked via plane while exploring the Temple of Neptune?
(a) September 14, 1944.
(b) September 19, 1944.
(c) September 8, 1943.
(d) September 10, 1943.
3. In his discussion of his duties Lewis mentions that he is expected to make daily log entries in his Army Book no. 466. At what time each day are these logs to be discussed?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
4. After his return to Naples Lewis tells about an assault on local girls found in the company of Allied soldiers; he says that the assault took place from the gardens of which location?
(a) Villa Republica.
(b) Villa Navona.
(c) Villa Roma.
(d) Villa Nazionale.
5. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
(a) Villa Nazionale.
(b) Villa Adrianna.
(c) Villa d'Este.
(d) Villa de Medici.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
2. Lewis talks about two large air raids that took place in August, resulting in Naples being extremely short on what in October 1943?
3. When Lewis first meets the man who will become his best informant, Vincente Lattarullo, he reports that the man is a member of which of the following professions?
4. After Lewis gives a hungry man some K rations he receives a strip of cloth that the giver insists will render him bulletproof; from what city did this cloth originate?
5. When Lewis visits the church of San Pasquale he views the body of the Blessed Egideo; what is this near-saint said to protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What response does Lewis have when it is announced that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be cut to 400 lire per week for each section member?
2. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
3. When Lewis and his fellow soldiers in Benevento set up a checkpoint about three miles outside the city, what comment does Lewis make about the contraband confiscated by Marshal Altamura?
4. Describe the information Lewis and the other men in his section have when they first arrive in Salerno.
5. When arriving in Salerno, why are Lewis and his fellow British officers assigned to an American army and how do the Americans treat them?
6. What reasons does Lewis give for the theft of copper when he is sent to investigate the problem?
7. Describe the mistake that occurs when Lewis is sent to investigate reports of a female spy in Afragola.
8. What does Lewis say about the appearance of Captain Frazer in his November 26, 1943 entry?
9. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
10. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)