|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an attacker dressed as an American pulls a .45 automatic at a checkpoint, which of the following men is shot through the shoulder at close range?
2. When Lewis winds up in the American Evacuation Hospital he is ill with a re-infection of which of the following illnesses?
3. Which of the following activities has been legally resumed in December 1943?
4. In the October 24, 1943 entry Lewis is sent to deal with a young German boy set to be executed as a spy. What is the young boy's name?
5. During the checkpoint stops three miles outside town, the Canadians discover that most vehicles have stolen tires. How much are the tires worth on the black market?
(a) 50,000 lire.
(b) 30,000 lire.
(c) 3,000 lire.
(d) 8,000 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
2. On which of the following dates are Lewis and other men attacked via plane while exploring the Temple of Neptune?
3. What does Lewis find when he follows the Italian Father Christmas into his cottage in Capaccio?
4. When discussing incredible feats of piracy, Lewis says that what objects have been stolen from the region of Agropoli?
5. When Lewis talks about the villainy common to local police chiefs, he mentions which one in particular who has recently had several charges brought against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis learn from the Americans in his September 11, 1943 entry?
2. Describe the behavior by the Canadians when they rejoin Lewis in Benvento.
3. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
4. What embarrassing and uncomfortable experience does Lewis relate when he comes into contact with Professore Placella?
5. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
6. In "January 1944" why does Lewis say that his other security responsibilities--the small towns around Naples--are pointless?
7. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
8. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
9. When the Allies learn that a planned invasion at Anzio is running through the local rumor mill, who does Lewis track down as the source of the leak?
10. What reasons does Lewis give for the theft of copper when he is sent to investigate the problem?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)