|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
2. Which of the following individuals does Lewis meet at Zi' Teresa's restaurant at the end of the November 26, 1943 entry?
(a) Captain Clark.
(b) Captain Albano.
(c) Captain Benvenuto.
(d) Captain Frazer.
3. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
(a) Poggio Reale.
(b) Antonio Priore.
(c) Ingeniere Crespi.
(d) Lo Scalzo.
4. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
5. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which of the following dates are Lewis and other men attacked via plane while exploring the Temple of Neptune?
2. Which of the following insects plagues Hotel Vesuvio as "September 1944" opens?
3. In the final entry for "January 1944" Lewis says that how many operational maps are found in a warehouse, where civilians are about to use them to make a fire?
4. As "November 1943" opens, Lewis laments that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be reduced to what amount per week?
5. When Lewis' friend Don Ubaldo dies, he notes that the man succumbed to which of the following diseases?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
2. What surprise does a colleague of Lewis' receive when he accepts what he believes is a courteous invitation to visit a local cemetery with an informant?
3. Describe the military situation in Salerno, as discussed in the September 9, 1943 entry.
4. When Antonio Priore is sentenced to 3 years in jail for his part in the theft and sale of Allied copper, what reason does Lewis give for the long sentence?
5. What health situation does Lewis find when he leaves Benevento and returns to Naples?
6. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
7. How does Lewis describe informers in his October 10, 1943 entry?
8. Why is Lewis sent to arrest Cesare Rossi in "February 1944"?
9. In "January 1944" why does Lewis say that his other security responsibilities--the small towns around Naples--are pointless?
10. When Lewis is forced to arrest Signora Esposito-Lau, what reason does her husband give as the likely one behind the arrest?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)