Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the continued success of the black market Lewis says the Psychological Warfare Bureau estimates what percentage of Neapolitan income derives from stolen Allied goods?
2. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
3. In his discussion of the marriage application investigations he must conduct, Lewis says that ___ out of 10 Italian girls have lost their men to the war?
4. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
(a) 1000 lire.
(b) 1300 lire.
(c) 500 lire.
(d) 100 lire.
5. Which of the following is the name of the midget gynecologist in "March 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis visits the church of San Pasquale he views the body of the Blessed Egideo; what is this near-saint said to protect?
2. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
3. When discussing incredible feats of piracy, Lewis says that what objects have been stolen from the region of Agropoli?
4. When Lattarullo gives Lewis information about the Neapolitan doctor with the stolen Fiat, Lewis taken him to lunch. Which of the following is Lattarullo offered on the way to eat?
5. After Mt. Vesuvius erupts Lewis visits a local seismologist, Professor Saraceno, for information about the event. With what does Lewis pay the man for his advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis find when he visits a small volcano called the Solfatara?
2. What embarrassing and uncomfortable experience does Lewis relate when he comes into contact with Professore Placella?
3. What comment does Lewis make about Lago Averno when he visits the location?
4. What attitude does Vittorio Fortuna have when Lewis arrests him, and what reason might there be for his attitude?
5. What health situation does Lewis find when he leaves Benevento and returns to Naples?
6. After Frazer is posted and his relationship with Signora Lola ends Lewis mentions that Lola and her friend will be going to the island of Capri to "deflate." What is meant by this?
7. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
8. When Lewis explains the Robin Hood tradition in the Zona di Camorra, what individual does he mention and what actions has this person taken?
9. What revelation does Lewis have about the young girl who comes to the police station asking for her weekly blanket in "August 1944"?
10. When Lewis and his fellow soldiers in Benevento set up a checkpoint about three miles outside the city, what comment does Lewis make about the contraband confiscated by Marshal Altamura?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)