|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the book ends and Lewis prepares to leave Naples, he mentions that he hopes he will at least have time to see which of the following individuals before he leaves?
2. When Lewis is sent to investigate missing Allied copper and gets no help from the local people, the brigadiere says it is a result of omerta. How does he translate this?
3. Lewis begins work on the suspect file in Naples and must catalog everything; he notes that one report describes an individual that has an obsessive fear of which animal?
4. In "October 1944" Lewis says that the weather is wonderful at that time of year and that it is common October sport to hunt migrant birds headed to which country?
(a) New Zealand.
5. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
(a) Ingeniere Crespi.
(b) Antonio Priore.
(c) Poggio Reale.
(d) Lo Scalzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
2. In his discussion of his duties Lewis mentions that he is expected to make daily log entries in his Army Book no. 466. At what time each day are these logs to be discussed?
3. When Lewis returns to Naples in "October 1944" he finds that several members of his section are ill; Moore has which of the following illnesses?
4. When an American soldier reports that he has been to a party in Marichiaro and has met a spy, he bases this accusation on the fact that the man claims to be what?
5. When Lewis first meets Donna Maria Fidora, a new contact, he says that her nickname is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the military confusion that occurs in the September 14, 1943 entry.
2. What embarrassing and uncomfortable experience does Lewis relate when he comes into contact with Professore Placella?
3. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
4. When Lewis is forced to arrest Signora Esposito-Lau, what reason does her husband give as the likely one behind the arrest?
5. Describe the military situation in Salerno, as discussed in the September 9, 1943 entry.
6. When discussing the reasons behind the plight of Lattarullo and others like him, on what situation does Lewis place the blame in "November 1943"?
7. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
8. What interesting individual does Lewis meet during his sight-seeing trip to Capaccio, and what experience does he have with the individual?
9. Describe the information Lewis and the other men in his section have when they first arrive in Salerno.
10. How does Lewis describe Vincente Lattarullo when he relates their first meeting?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)