|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While investigating the charges against the man arrested by the police chief, Lewis compares another witness--Anna Consomata--to an angel by which famous Italian artist?
(a) Da Vinci.
2. When Lewis is forced to ask Norah Gemelli for help with a case, what name does she give him?
(a) Ingeniere Crespi.
(b) Lo Scalzo.
(c) Antonio Priore.
(d) Poggio Reale.
3. Which of the following individuals is a witness in the case against the man arrested by the corrupt police chief on fraudulent charges of conspiracy with the Germans?
4. Right before heading back to Naples after the trip with the Crespi family, there is a picnic of all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. On which of the following dates does Lewis see a British officer beating an Italian man, which he describes as the most revolting thing he's seen since the war began?
(a) September 20, 1943.
(b) September 12, 1944.
(c) September 25, 1944.
(d) September 16, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
2. In his discussion of his duties Lewis mentions that he is expected to make daily log entries in his Army Book no. 466. At what time each day are these logs to be discussed?
3. When Lewis travels to Afragola to investigate reports that a woman there is a spy, he finds that a translation error has occurred and the woman is actually suspected of being what?
4. When Lattarullo joins the Separatist organization for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, he tells Lewis that which of the following is one of the leaders of the group?
5. When Lewis and the American army arrive at "Red Beach," how many rounds of ammunition does each man receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrassing and uncomfortable experience does Lewis relate when he comes into contact with Professore Placella?
2. What frustrates Lewis when trying to investigate a report of a murder from one of the scugnizzi outside the Cafe Roma?
3. What health situation does Lewis find when he leaves Benevento and returns to Naples?
4. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
5. What surprise does a colleague of Lewis' receive when he accepts what he believes is a courteous invitation to visit a local cemetery with an informant?
6. What condition is the city of Naples in when Lewis arrives after his stay in the hospital?
7. For what reason are girls assaulted by local boys at the Villa Nazionale during "October 1944"?
8. When Lewis and his fellow soldiers in Benevento set up a checkpoint about three miles outside the city, what comment does Lewis make about the contraband confiscated by Marshal Altamura?
9. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
10. Describe the mistake that occurs when Lewis is sent to investigate reports of a female spy in Afragola.
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)