|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
(a) Antonio Priore.
(b) Lo Scalzo.
(c) Poggio Reale.
(d) Ingeniere Crespi.
2. When thieves raid the Field Security Office at Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles, how high are the walls they have to climb to do so?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 30 ft.
(c) 10 ft.
(d) 60 ft.
3. When Lewis is forced to ask Norah Gemelli for help with a case, what name does she give him?
(a) Lo Scalzo.
(b) Antonio Priore.
(c) Ingeniere Crespi.
(d) Poggio Reale.
4. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. When discussing Signora Esposito-Lau, Lewis notes that the Psychological Warfare Bureau reported that what percentage of the Italian people collaborated with Germans?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
2. The corrupt police chief says at the end of "December 1943" that he has to prevent a blood feud; what item do local families use to represent blood feuds?
3. Lewis and his companions enter the catacombs behind San Gennaro on reports that German SS officers are hidden there. How many galleries are in this catacomb?
4. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
5. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the behavior by the Canadians when they rejoin Lewis in Benvento.
2. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
3. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
4. What response does Lewis have when it is announced that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be cut to 400 lire per week for each section member?
5. Describe the information Lewis and the other men in his section have when they first arrive in Salerno.
6. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
7. What does Lewis say about the appearance of Captain Frazer in his November 26, 1943 entry?
8. What does Lewis learn from the Americans in his September 11, 1943 entry?
9. What shift in the public attitude does Lewis notice toward the end of his time in Benevento?
10. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)