|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, Lewis remarks that the place has how many rooms?
2. Right before heading back to Naples after the trip with the Crespi family, there is a picnic of all BUT WHICH of the following?
3. When discussing Neapolitans' odd superstitions and views on good/bad luck, Lewis notes that they believe a house suffers from the evil eye; what is the house number?
(a) Number 12.
(b) Number 6.
(c) Number 3.
(d) Number 15.
4. When discussing incredible feats of piracy, Lewis says that what objects have been stolen from the region of Agropoli?
5. In the final entry for "January 1944" Lewis says that how many operational maps are found in a warehouse, where civilians are about to use them to make a fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
2. In "October 1944" Lewis says that the weather is wonderful at that time of year and that it is common October sport to hunt migrant birds headed to which country?
3. When Lattarullo gives Lewis information about the Neapolitan doctor with the stolen Fiat, Lewis taken him to lunch. Which of the following is Lattarullo offered on the way to eat?
4. When discussing Lattarullo's Separatists, Lewis notes that the organization wants to dress everyone in Roman tunics and enforce a minimum of ____ children per family.
5. When discussing Signora Esposito-Lau, Lewis notes that the Psychological Warfare Bureau reported that what percentage of the Italian people collaborated with Germans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
2. What response does Lewis have when it is announced that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be cut to 400 lire per week for each section member?
3. When Lewis investigates Marshal Benvenuto's case against Giovanni Albano, what reason does the Marshal give for the arrest?
4. Describe the situation when Lewis is ordered to investigate the arrest of Giovanni Albano at the request of Marshal Benvenuto.
5. When the Allies learn that a planned invasion at Anzio is running through the local rumor mill, who does Lewis track down as the source of the leak?
6. In "December 1943" why does Lewis say he feels uncomfortable conducting arrests?
7. Describe the military situation in Salerno, as discussed in the September 9, 1943 entry.
8. What happens to the operational maps the Allies find upon completion of the successful raid at Anzio?
9. Describe the autumn traditions in Naples after the torrential rains in September.
10. When arriving in Salerno, why are Lewis and his fellow British officers assigned to an American army and how do the Americans treat them?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)