|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After describing his concerns about the Canadians who have returned to the area, Lewis says that the Allies have recognized how many political parties in the area?
2. After receiving the supposed good-luck cloth, Lewis hears that Americans from which division have orders to beat ANY Germans to death, even those who surrender?
3. When the Neapolitans serve a banquet to welcome General Mark Clark--who likes fish--the main course was what?
4. With which of the following captains does Lewis meet after a night spent patrolling the streets of Salerno for German infiltrators?
(a) Captain Cartwright.
(b) Captain Paglia.
(c) Captain Moore.
(d) Captain Castello.
5. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing incredible feats of piracy, Lewis says that what objects have been stolen from the region of Agropoli?
2. Which of the following individuals does Lewis meet at Zi' Teresa's restaurant at the end of the November 26, 1943 entry?
3. When Lewis travels to Afragola to investigate reports that a woman there is a spy, he finds that a translation error has occurred and the woman is actually suspected of being what?
4. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
5. When Lewis discusses Neapolitan vendettas he says that which of the following individuals told him about this, or else he would not know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustrates Lewis when trying to investigate a report of a murder from one of the scugnizzi outside the Cafe Roma?
2. What sort of experience does Lewis describe in regards to the prostitutes who have set up business in Naples?
3. What does Lewis say about Cesare Rossi when he arrives to arrest the man?
4. What interesting individual does Lewis meet during his sight-seeing trip to Capaccio, and what experience does he have with the individual?
5. When Antonio Priore is sentenced to 3 years in jail for his part in the theft and sale of Allied copper, what reason does Lewis give for the long sentence?
6. What does Lewis say about the appearance of Captain Frazer in his November 26, 1943 entry?
7. Describe the information Lewis and the other men in his section have when they first arrive in Salerno.
8. What reasons does Lewis give for the theft of copper when he is sent to investigate the problem?
9. Describe the military confusion that occurs in the September 14, 1943 entry.
10. According to Lewis, what is astounding when thieves raid the Field Security Offices at Castelammare castle?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)