|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
(a) Via Toledo.
(b) Via Roma.
(c) Via Venezia.
(d) Via Chiaia.
2. When discussing the continued success of the black market Lewis says the Psychological Warfare Bureau estimates what percentage of Neapolitan income derives from stolen Allied goods?
3. Which of the following is the name of the midget gynecologist in "March 1944"?
4. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
5. When discussing Neapolitans' odd superstitions and views on good/bad luck, Lewis notes that they believe a house suffers from the evil eye; what is the house number?
(a) Number 12.
(b) Number 6.
(c) Number 15.
(d) Number 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
2. After Signora Lola gives Lewis the information about illicit letters being sent, Lattarullo provides Lewis with the name of a letter carrier. What is the man's name?
3. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
4. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
5. When discussing the Separatist group for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Lattarullo tells Lewis he believes the war with Germany will be over by which holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of San Gennaro's blood to the Neapolitan people, as discussed in "May 1944"?
2. What comment does Lewis make about Lago Averno when he visits the location?
3. For what reason are girls assaulted by local boys at the Villa Nazionale during "October 1944"?
4. What hobby does Lewis learn that the boys in Benevento enjoy during his tour of the city with the Marshal?
5. What embarrassing and uncomfortable experience does Lewis relate when he comes into contact with Professore Placella?
6. What health situation does Lewis find when he leaves Benevento and returns to Naples?
7. What frustration does Eric Williams have during the Feast of the Lily in Nola?
8. Describe the behavior by the Canadians when they rejoin Lewis in Benvento.
9. What shift in the public attitude does Lewis notice toward the end of his time in Benevento?
10. After Frazer is posted and his relationship with Signora Lola ends Lewis mentions that Lola and her friend will be going to the island of Capri to "deflate." What is meant by this?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)