|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As part of the A-Force's plan to use venereal disease (STD) as a weapon, Lewis says that a number of prostitutes are rounded up and taken on a day trip where?
(c) San Vincenzo.
2. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
3. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
4. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
5. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
(a) 500 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 200 lire.
(d) 1000 lire.
6. Which of the following is the name of the jeweler who arranges for the delivery of illegal letters in "March 1944"?
7. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
8. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
9. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
(d) Yellow Fever.
10. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
11. Toward the end of "July 1944" Lewis says that about how many people live in a single acre in the district of Vicaria?
12. On July 12, 1944 Lewis notes that he has visited every town within 30 miles of Naples with what exception?
13. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
(a) Social Democrats.
(b) Orthodox Communists.
(c) Separatist Communists.
(d) Christian Democrats.
14. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
15. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
(b) Military bases.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
2. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
3. While talking about various salaries Lewis says that his research shows the Questore of Naples makes the most, at what amount per month?
4. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
5. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)