|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
(b) Motor bike.
2. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
3. When Lewis and Evans are sent to search through Prince Pignatelli's apartment, they find a glass of wine left behind with what substance in it?
(a) Gold leaf.
4. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
5. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
(a) Via Venezia.
(b) Via Toledo.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via Roma.
6. Which of the following is the name of the jeweler who arranges for the delivery of illegal letters in "March 1944"?
7. The attendants who pass out the rejuvenating fluid when Lewis and his informant visit the bones of St. Andrew suffer what affliction, deemed to be lucky?
8. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 305.
(b) AD 128.
(c) AD 236.
(d) AD 498.
9. While discussing Latarullo's home furnishings Lewis describes a dingy piece of rock, supposedly from the sanctuary of which saint?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) St. Paul.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Michael.
10. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
(a) Yellow Fever.
11. When discussing Latarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funerals, how much do readers learn that Latarullo charges for this service?
(a) 1500 lire.
(b) 800 lire.
(c) 500 lire.
(d) 2000 lire.
12. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
(a) 1300 lire.
(b) 1000 lire.
(c) 500 lire.
(d) 100 lire.
13. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
(a) 380 lire.
(b) 875 lire.
(c) 240 lire.
(d) 450 lire.
14. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
(c) Paper strips.
(d) Plastic bags.
15. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
(a) Piazza di Spagna.
(b) Piazza Dante.
(c) Piazza Republica.
(d) Piazza Navona.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the hospital Lewis mentions that Signoras Lola and Susanna will be going on a retreat to Ischia to "deflate," and that they will eat what to accomplish this?
2. When a prostitute presents herself at the police station expecting a blanket in return for her services, Lewis is astonished to find that she is how old?
3. After they search Prince Pignatelli's apartment, Lewis and Evans learn that some local women actually followed the custom of Poppaea Sabina and took baths in what?
4. Which of the following is the name of the midget gynecologist in "March 1944"?
5. During their visit to the bones of St. Andrew, the informant tells Lewis that the bones excrete the rejuvenating fluid how many times per year?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)