|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(a) Del Giudice.
(c) Antonio Ceechi.
(d) Eugenio Reale.
2. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
3. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Garda.
(b) Lago Cuomo.
(c) Lago Maggiore.
(d) Lago Averno.
4. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
(a) 450 lire.
(b) 380 lire.
(c) 240 lire.
(d) 875 lire.
5. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
(a) Via Toledo.
(b) Via Venezia.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via Roma.
6. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
(a) Piazza Dante.
(b) Piazza Navona.
(c) Piazza Republica.
(d) Piazza di Spagna.
7. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
8. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
(b) Plastic bags.
(c) Paper strips.
9. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 128.
(b) AD 236.
(c) AD 498.
(d) AD 305.
10. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
11. Of the marriage application investigations Lewis has completed by April 5, 1944 how many of the Italian women turned out to be prostitutes?
12. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
(a) Separatist Communists.
(b) Orthodox Communists.
(c) Christian Democrats.
(d) Social Democrats.
13. Lewis visits Loreto in the hospital and is told by the nurse taking care of him that Loreto will last how long, at the most?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 14 days.
14. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 15 - 20.
(b) 1 - 4.
(c) 8 - 10.
(d) 5 - 7.
15. In the March 3, 1944 entry Lewis notes that it is a crime in Italy, punishable by a year in prison, to communicate which venereal disease (STD) to another person?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
2. Which of the following is the name of the jeweler who arranges for the delivery of illegal letters in "March 1944"?
3. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
4. Lewis visits which of the following volcanoes during his time in the last Neapolitan suburb he has to visit?
5. After Mt. Vesuvius erupts Lewis visits a local seismologist, Professor Saraceno, for information about the event. With what does Lewis pay the man for his advice?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)