|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis visits Loreto in the hospital and is told by the nurse taking care of him that Loreto will last how long, at the most?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 days.
2. After taking his informant to dinner, Lewis is asked to visit the bones of St. Andrew to collect a rumored miracle fluid; how much does the informant pay for this privilege?
(a) 50 lire.
(b) 150 lire.
(c) 800 lire.
(d) 200 lire.
3. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
4. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
5. In Prince Pignatelli's apartment Lewis and Evans find huge stores of which of the following perfumes?
6. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
7. In early April, Lewis says that he has completed how many investigations of Italian women who wish to marry British soldiers?
8. As part of Lewis' introduction to Benevento he receives a scrap of paper listing the prices for small tasks; what should he expect to pay for help from the principal citizen?
(d) 200 lire.
9. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
(c) White bread.
10. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(b) Antonio Ceechi.
(c) Eugenio Reale.
(d) Del Giudice.
11. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
(c) Military bases.
12. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
(a) March 19.
(b) March 2.
(c) March 15.
(d) March 24.
13. When discussing Latarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funerals, how much do readers learn that Latarullo charges for this service?
(a) 800 lire.
(b) 1500 lire.
(c) 2000 lire.
(d) 500 lire.
14. As part of the A-Force's plan to use venereal disease (STD) as a weapon, Lewis says that a number of prostitutes are rounded up and taken on a day trip where?
(d) San Vincenzo.
15. As Lewis arrives in Benevento he notes that the whole population of the city is dressed in black because it is custom to wear mourning for how long after a family death?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
2. In the March 3, 1944 entry Lewis notes that it is a crime in Italy, punishable by a year in prison, to communicate which venereal disease (STD) to another person?
3. When Salvatore Loreto is captured in "August 1944," which of the following is the hospital in which Lewis finds him?
4. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
5. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)