|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Signora Lola gives Lewis the information about illicit letters being sent, Lattarullo provides Lewis with the name of a letter carrier. What is the man's name?
2. In early April, Lewis says that he has completed how many investigations of Italian women who wish to marry British soldiers?
3. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Garda.
(b) Lago Averno.
(c) Lago Maggiore.
(d) Lago Cuomo.
4. When Lewis talks about Allied cargo stolen from the Port of Naples, he says that according to estimates the equivalent of how much cargo is stolen?
(a) 1 in 4 ships.
(b) 3 of 5 ships.
(c) 2 of 7 ships.
(d) 1 in 3 ships.
5. In Lewis' discussion of various salary levels, how much does he say an Italian major makes per month?
(a) 1425 lire.
(b) 4235 lire.
(c) 3063 lire.
(d) 2875 lire.
6. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
(b) Brain damaged.
7. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
(c) Military bases.
8. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 236.
(b) AD 128.
(c) AD 305.
(d) AD 498.
9. When discussing the customary pilgrimage to the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that it has been a custom for how long?
(a) 2000 years.
(b) 600 years.
(c) 1500 years.
(d) 300 years.
10. Lewis visits which of the following volcanoes during his time in the last Neapolitan suburb he has to visit?
(b) Monte Amiata.
11. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
(a) Social Democrats.
(b) Orthodox Communists.
(c) Separatist Communists.
(d) Christian Democrats.
12. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
(a) 380 lire.
(b) 450 lire.
(c) 875 lire.
(d) 240 lire.
13. When Lewis visits the suburb in "July 1944" he says that this is where which of the following emperors of Rome murdered his mother?
14. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
(b) Plastic bags.
(c) Paper strips.
15. As part of Lewis' introduction to Benevento he receives a scrap of paper listing the prices for small tasks; what should he expect to pay for help from the principal citizen?
(c) 200 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis is ordered to Benevento to take over security for the Canadian FSS, he notes that fortunately it's a temporary arrangement as he is one man replacing how many?
2. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
3. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
4. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
5. When Lewis visits the house set up--illegally--by Captain Frazer and Signora Lola, he notes that it is badly damaged from an air raid that happened on which date?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)