|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When told to tidy up the black market situation Lewis investigates Vittorio Fortuna, a pharmacist known to traffic illegally in what medication?
2. Toward the end of "July 1944" Lewis says that about how many people live in a single acre in the district of Vicaria?
3. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
4. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
5. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
(a) 1300 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 500 lire.
(d) 1000 lire.
6. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
7. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(a) Del Giudice.
(c) Antonio Ceechi.
(d) Eugenio Reale.
8. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
(a) Piazza Navona.
(b) Piazza Dante.
(c) Piazza Republica.
(d) Piazza di Spagna.
9. In Prince Pignatelli's apartment Lewis and Evans find huge stores of which of the following perfumes?
10. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Averno.
(b) Lago Maggiore.
(c) Lago Garda.
(d) Lago Cuomo.
11. When Salvatore Loreto is captured in "August 1944," which of the following is the hospital in which Lewis finds him?
(a) Cancello Field Hospital.
(b) Maugham National Hospital.
(c) Cancello National Hospital.
(d) Maugham Field Hospital.
12. When discussing the customary pilgrimage to the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that it has been a custom for how long?
(a) 600 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 1500 years.
(d) 2000 years.
13. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
(a) Via Chiaia.
(b) Via Roma.
(c) Via Toledo.
(d) Via Venezia.
14. Lewis visits Loreto in the hospital and is told by the nurse taking care of him that Loreto will last how long, at the most?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 14 days.
(d) 2 days.
15. When Lewis goes on a picnic with Frazer and Signora Lola, which of the following places do they visit?
(b) San Vincenzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
2. When Lewis visits the suburb in "July 1944" he says that this is where which of the following emperors of Rome murdered his mother?
3. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
4. How old is the boy in "March 1944" who arrives at the 92nd General Hospital missing 3 fingers?
5. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)