|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
2. When Lewis travels to Afragola to investigate reports that a woman there is a spy, he finds that a translation error has occurred and the woman is actually suspected of being what?
3. When Sergeant Moore returns from Salerno, Lewis' group is told there is not enough room for them in the command car; with what commodity is the command car full?
(b) Gas masks.
4. In "October 1944" Lewis says that the weather is wonderful at that time of year and that it is common October sport to hunt migrant birds headed to which country?
(c) New Zealand.
5. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
6. As Lewis arrives in Benevento he notes that the whole population of the city is dressed in black because it is custom to wear mourning for how long after a family death?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 3 months.
7. After receiving the supposed good-luck cloth, Lewis hears that Americans from which division have orders to beat ANY Germans to death, even those who surrender?
8. When Lewis is ordered to Benevento to take over security for the Canadian FSS, he notes that fortunately it's a temporary arrangement as he is one man replacing how many?
9. When an attacker dressed as an American pulls a .45 automatic at a checkpoint, which of the following men is shot through the shoulder at close range?
10. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
11. In Naples, Lewis finds several respectable-looking women who have turned to prostitution to support themselves. What do the women charge for their services?
12. While discussing Latarullo's home furnishings Lewis describes a dingy piece of rock, supposedly from the sanctuary of which saint?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. Paul.
13. Lewis talks about two large air raids that took place in August, resulting in Naples being extremely short on what in October 1943?
14. On which of the following dates are Lewis and other men attacked via plane while exploring the Temple of Neptune?
(a) September 8, 1943.
(b) September 19, 1944.
(c) September 14, 1944.
(d) September 10, 1943.
15. After his return to Naples Lewis tells about an assault on local girls found in the company of Allied soldiers; he says that the assault took place from the gardens of which location?
(a) Villa Nazionale.
(b) Villa Navona.
(c) Villa Roma.
(d) Villa Republica.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
2. When told to tidy up the black market situation Lewis investigates Vittorio Fortuna, a pharmacist known to traffic illegally in what medication?
3. When Lewis and the American army arrive at "Red Beach," how many rounds of ammunition does each man receive?
4. When discussing the awful behavior of French colonial troops as they ravage the countryside, Lewis says doctors in Castro di Volsci treat how many rapes?
5. When Lewis is invited to go on a family expedition to gather greens and hunt birds with Ingeniere Crespi, the man's son goes along; what is the boy's name?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)