|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After taking his informant to dinner, Lewis is asked to visit the bones of St. Andrew to collect a rumored miracle fluid; how much does the informant pay for this privilege?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 150 lire.
(c) 800 lire.
(d) 50 lire.
2. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 500 lire.
(c) 1000 lire.
(d) 100 lire.
3. Which of the following is the name of the jeweler who arranges for the delivery of illegal letters in "March 1944"?
4. When Lewis talks about Allied cargo stolen from the Port of Naples, he says that according to estimates the equivalent of how much cargo is stolen?
(a) 2 of 7 ships.
(b) 1 in 4 ships.
(c) 1 in 3 ships.
(d) 3 of 5 ships.
5. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
(a) Pink and green.
(b) Green and yellow.
(c) Blue and brown.
(d) Purple and yellow.
6. When a prostitute presents herself at the police station expecting a blanket in return for her services, Lewis is astonished to find that she is how old?
7. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
(a) March 15.
(b) March 24.
(c) March 19.
(d) March 2.
8. While in the hospital Lewis mentions that Signoras Lola and Susanna will be going on a retreat to Ischia to "deflate," and that they will eat what to accomplish this?
9. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
10. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
11. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
(c) Motor bike.
12. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Averno.
(b) Lago Cuomo.
(c) Lago Garda.
(d) Lago Maggiore.
13. The attendants who pass out the rejuvenating fluid when Lewis and his informant visit the bones of St. Andrew suffer what affliction, deemed to be lucky?
14. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
(c) Brain damaged.
15. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
2. In Lewis' discussion of various salary levels, how much does he say an Italian major makes per month?
3. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
4. In the March 3, 1944 entry Lewis notes that it is a crime in Italy, punishable by a year in prison, to communicate which venereal disease (STD) to another person?
5. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)