|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
(a) 240 lire.
(b) 450 lire.
(c) 875 lire.
(d) 380 lire.
2. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 236.
(b) AD 305.
(c) AD 128.
(d) AD 498.
3. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 15 - 20.
(b) 5 - 7.
(c) 8 - 10.
(d) 1 - 4.
4. After Mt. Vesuvius erupts Lewis visits a local seismologist, Professor Saraceno, for information about the event. With what does Lewis pay the man for his advice?
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 2 apples.
(d) Corned beef.
5. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
6. When Lewis visits the suburb in "July 1944" he says that this is where which of the following emperors of Rome murdered his mother?
7. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
(a) 100 lire.
(b) 200 lire.
(c) 500 lire.
(d) 1000 lire.
8. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
(d) Yellow Fever.
9. In Prince Pignatelli's apartment Lewis and Evans find huge stores of which of the following perfumes?
10. In Lewis' discussion of various salary levels, how much does he say an Italian major makes per month?
(a) 4235 lire.
(b) 3063 lire.
(c) 2875 lire.
(d) 1425 lire.
11. When discussing Latarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funerals, how much do readers learn that Latarullo charges for this service?
(a) 800 lire.
(b) 1500 lire.
(c) 2000 lire.
(d) 500 lire.
12. While talking about various salaries Lewis says that his research shows the Questore of Naples makes the most, at what amount per month?
(a) 3823 lire.
(b) 4587 lire.
(c) 7234 lire.
(d) 5496 lire.
13. After they search Prince Pignatelli's apartment, Lewis and Evans learn that some local women actually followed the custom of Poppaea Sabina and took baths in what?
14. Lewis visits which of the following volcanoes during his time in the last Neapolitan suburb he has to visit?
(b) Monte Amiata.
15. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
2. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
3. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
4. In early April, Lewis says that he has completed how many investigations of Italian women who wish to marry British soldiers?
5. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)