|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
2. After receiving the supposed good-luck cloth, Lewis hears that Americans from which division have orders to beat ANY Germans to death, even those who surrender?
3. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
4. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
5. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
(a) Purple and yellow.
(b) Blue and brown.
(c) Pink and green.
(d) Green and yellow.
6. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
(a) Piazza Republica.
(b) Piazza di Spagna.
(c) Piazza Dante.
(d) Piazza Navona.
7. The attendants who pass out the rejuvenating fluid when Lewis and his informant visit the bones of St. Andrew suffer what affliction, deemed to be lucky?
8. When the checkpoint three miles out of town is passed by a lorry that crashes through, Lewis says that the man in charge of the Thompson sub-machine gun is which of these?
9. While discussing Latarullo's home furnishings Lewis describes a dingy piece of rock, supposedly from the sanctuary of which saint?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Michael.
(c) St. Paul.
(d) St. Peter.
10. In the October 24, 1943 entry Lewis is sent to deal with a young German boy set to be executed as a spy. What is the young boy's name?
11. On which of the following dates are Lewis and other men attacked via plane while exploring the Temple of Neptune?
(a) September 19, 1944.
(b) September 10, 1943.
(c) September 8, 1943.
(d) September 14, 1944.
12. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
13. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
14. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
15. When told to tidy up the black market situation Lewis investigates Vittorio Fortuna, a pharmacist known to traffic illegally in what medication?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis is ordered to Benevento to take over security for the Canadian FSS, he notes that fortunately it's a temporary arrangement as he is one man replacing how many?
2. What is the name of the plaza where the Palace is located, in which Lewis' unit is installed when he reunites with them in Naples?
3. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, how many bathrooms does Lewis say it has?
4. As the book ends and Lewis prepares to leave Naples, he mentions that he hopes he will at least have time to see which of the following individuals before he leaves?
5. While in the hospital Lewis mentions that Signoras Lola and Susanna will be going on a retreat to Ischia to "deflate," and that they will eat what to accomplish this?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)