|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
(a) March 19.
(b) March 2.
(c) March 24.
(d) March 15.
2. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
3. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
4. Which of the following is the name of the midget gynecologist in "March 1944"?
5. When Lewis visits the suburb in "July 1944" he says that this is where which of the following emperors of Rome murdered his mother?
6. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
7. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
8. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 305.
(b) AD 498.
(c) AD 236.
(d) AD 128.
9. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
10. After they search Prince Pignatelli's apartment, Lewis and Evans learn that some local women actually followed the custom of Poppaea Sabina and took baths in what?
11. When discussing the continued success of the black market Lewis says the Psychological Warfare Bureau estimates what percentage of Neapolitan income derives from stolen Allied goods?
12. How old is the boy in "March 1944" who arrives at the 92nd General Hospital missing 3 fingers?
13. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
(a) 60 lire.
(b) 200 lire.
(c) 400 lire.
(d) 100 lire.
14. In early April, Lewis says that he has completed how many investigations of Italian women who wish to marry British soldiers?
15. After taking his informant to dinner, Lewis is asked to visit the bones of St. Andrew to collect a rumored miracle fluid; how much does the informant pay for this privilege?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 150 lire.
(c) 800 lire.
(d) 50 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing Latarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funerals, how much do readers learn that Latarullo charges for this service?
2. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
3. When Lewis and Evans are sent to search through Prince Pignatelli's apartment, they find a glass of wine left behind with what substance in it?
4. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
5. As part of Lewis' introduction to Benevento he receives a scrap of paper listing the prices for small tasks; what should he expect to pay for help from the principal citizen?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)