|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 305.
(b) AD 236.
(c) AD 498.
(d) AD 128.
2. Which of the following is the name of the midget gynecologist in "March 1944"?
3. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
4. In early April, Lewis says that he has completed how many investigations of Italian women who wish to marry British soldiers?
5. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
6. While talking about various salaries Lewis says that his research shows the Questore of Naples makes the most, at what amount per month?
(a) 5496 lire.
(b) 4587 lire.
(c) 7234 lire.
(d) 3823 lire.
7. When Lewis is ordered to Benevento to take over security for the Canadian FSS, he notes that fortunately it's a temporary arrangement as he is one man replacing how many?
8. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
9. When discussing the customary pilgrimage to the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that it has been a custom for how long?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 1500 years.
(c) 600 years.
(d) 2000 years.
10. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
(a) Piazza Navona.
(b) Piazza di Spagna.
(c) Piazza Republica.
(d) Piazza Dante.
11. In his discussion of the marriage application investigations he must conduct, Lewis says that ___ out of 10 Italian girls have lost their men to the war?
12. After taking his informant to dinner, Lewis is asked to visit the bones of St. Andrew to collect a rumored miracle fluid; how much does the informant pay for this privilege?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 50 lire.
(c) 800 lire.
(d) 150 lire.
13. After Mt. Vesuvius erupts Lewis visits a local seismologist, Professor Saraceno, for information about the event. With what does Lewis pay the man for his advice?
(a) 2 apples.
(b) Corned beef.
(c) 100 lire.
14. After Signora Lola gives Lewis the information about illicit letters being sent, Lattarullo provides Lewis with the name of a letter carrier. What is the man's name?
15. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
2. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
3. In Prince Pignatelli's apartment Lewis and Evans find huge stores of which of the following perfumes?
4. When Lewis stops for lunch at Vicenzo a Mare in the Neapolitan suburb he is treated to all BUT WHICH of the following local specialties?
5. Lewis visits Loreto in the hospital and is told by the nurse taking care of him that Loreto will last how long, at the most?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)