|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 1 - 4.
(b) 5 - 7.
(c) 15 - 20.
(d) 8 - 10.
2. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(d) Motor bike.
3. How old is the boy in "March 1944" who arrives at the 92nd General Hospital missing 3 fingers?
4. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
5. When discussing Latarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funerals, how much do readers learn that Latarullo charges for this service?
(a) 800 lire.
(b) 500 lire.
(c) 2000 lire.
(d) 1500 lire.
6. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
7. When told to tidy up the black market situation Lewis investigates Vittorio Fortuna, a pharmacist known to traffic illegally in what medication?
8. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
9. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
(c) Military bases.
10. In Prince Pignatelli's apartment Lewis and Evans find huge stores of which of the following perfumes?
11. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
12. As part of the A-Force's plan to use venereal disease (STD) as a weapon, Lewis says that a number of prostitutes are rounded up and taken on a day trip where?
(d) San Vincenzo.
13. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
14. When Lewis goes on a picnic with Frazer and Signora Lola, which of the following places do they visit?
(a) San Vincenzo.
15. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
(a) Separatist Communists.
(b) Social Democrats.
(c) Christian Democrats.
(d) Orthodox Communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
2. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
3. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
4. When Lewis visits the house set up--illegally--by Captain Frazer and Signora Lola, he notes that it is badly damaged from an air raid that happened on which date?
5. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)