|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
2. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(a) Antonio Ceechi.
(c) Del Giudice.
(d) Eugenio Reale.
3. While talking about various salaries Lewis says that his research shows the Questore of Naples makes the most, at what amount per month?
(a) 3823 lire.
(b) 4587 lire.
(c) 5496 lire.
(d) 7234 lire.
4. Of the marriage application investigations Lewis has completed by April 5, 1944 how many of the Italian women turned out to be prostitutes?
5. How old is the boy in "March 1944" who arrives at the 92nd General Hospital missing 3 fingers?
6. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
(a) March 15.
(b) March 2.
(c) March 24.
(d) March 19.
7. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
8. After Mt. Vesuvius erupts Lewis visits a local seismologist, Professor Saraceno, for information about the event. With what does Lewis pay the man for his advice?
(a) Corned beef.
(c) 100 lire.
(d) 2 apples.
9. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
10. As part of Lewis' introduction to Benevento he receives a scrap of paper listing the prices for small tasks; what should he expect to pay for help from the principal citizen?
(d) 200 lire.
11. When Salvatore Loreto is captured in "August 1944," which of the following is the hospital in which Lewis finds him?
(a) Cancello Field Hospital.
(b) Maugham National Hospital.
(c) Cancello National Hospital.
(d) Maugham Field Hospital.
12. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Garda.
(b) Lago Cuomo.
(c) Lago Averno.
(d) Lago Maggiore.
13. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(c) Motor bike.
14. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
(a) Piazza Navona.
(b) Piazza di Spagna.
(c) Piazza Dante.
(d) Piazza Republica.
15. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 305.
(b) AD 236.
(c) AD 498.
(d) AD 128.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his discussion of the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that after arriving in Avellino devotees complete their journey to the shrine by what method?
2. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
3. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
4. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
5. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)