|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis winds up in the American Evacuation Hospital he is ill with a re-infection of which of the following illnesses?
2. When discussing Lattarullo's Separatists, Lewis notes that the organization wants to dress everyone in Roman tunics and enforce a minimum of ____ children per family.
3. Lewis says that his friend Simmons had watched a display at Guarda Sanframondi where devotees half kill themselves in honor of the Virgin every ____ years.
4. On the expedition with Ingeniere Crespi's family Lewis reports that in total they manage to catch how many birds?
5. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
6. When Salvatore Loreto is captured in "August 1944," which of the following is the hospital in which Lewis finds him?
(a) Maugham National Hospital.
(b) Maugham Field Hospital.
(c) Cancello Field Hospital.
(d) Cancello National Hospital.
7. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
8. When Lewis and Evans are sent to search through Prince Pignatelli's apartment, they find a glass of wine left behind with what substance in it?
(b) Gold leaf.
9. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
10. Right before heading back to Naples after the trip with the Crespi family, there is a picnic of all BUT WHICH of the following?
11. Lewis begins work on the suspect file in Naples and must catalog everything; he notes that one report describes an individual that has an obsessive fear of which animal?
12. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
13. When Lewis first meets the man who will become his best informant, Vincente Lattarullo, he reports that the man is a member of which of the following professions?
14. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
(a) Yellow Fever.
15. As Lewis passes through Naples on his way back to his unit after his illness, what does he say is the general mood of the Italian civilians?
Short Answer Questions
1. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
2. With which of the following captains does Lewis meet after a night spent patrolling the streets of Salerno for German infiltrators?
3. After describing his concerns about the Canadians who have returned to the area, Lewis says that the Allies have recognized how many political parties in the area?
4. Lewis talks about two large air raids that took place in August, resulting in Naples being extremely short on what in October 1943?
5. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)