|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a prostitute presents herself at the police station expecting a blanket in return for her services, Lewis is astonished to find that she is how old?
2. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(b) Motor bike.
3. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Garda.
(b) Lago Cuomo.
(c) Lago Maggiore.
(d) Lago Averno.
4. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
(a) 1300 lire.
(b) 500 lire.
(c) 1000 lire.
(d) 100 lire.
5. After hearing the Marshal of Benevento's concerns about bandits outside the town, Lewis discusses the problem with the local schoolmaster; what is the man's name?
6. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 5 - 7.
(b) 8 - 10.
(c) 15 - 20.
(d) 1 - 4.
7. On which of the following dates in "March 1944" does Mt. Vesuvius erupt?
(a) March 15.
(b) March 2.
(c) March 24.
(d) March 19.
8. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 236.
(b) AD 498.
(c) AD 305.
(d) AD 128.
9. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
10. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
11. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
12. Lewis visits which of the following volcanoes during his time in the last Neapolitan suburb he has to visit?
(d) Monte Amiata.
13. When Lewis visits the suburb in "July 1944" he says that this is where which of the following emperors of Rome murdered his mother?
14. As Lewis makes himself acquainted with Benevento, he says that the new Marshal of the town is a man by what name?
15. Lewis says that his friend Simmons had watched a display at Guarda Sanframondi where devotees half kill themselves in honor of the Virgin every ____ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Signora Lola gives Lewis the information about illicit letters being sent, Lattarullo provides Lewis with the name of a letter carrier. What is the man's name?
2. When Lewis is ordered to Benevento to take over security for the Canadian FSS, he notes that fortunately it's a temporary arrangement as he is one man replacing how many?
3. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
4. When discussing the awful behavior of French colonial troops as they ravage the countryside, Lewis says doctors in Castro di Volsci treat how many rapes?
5. On his visit to the one Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, what method of transportation does Lewis use?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)