|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eric Williams' discussion of Nola, which of Lewis' contacts asks him for a dinner meeting at Amalfi?
(b) Eugenio Reale.
(c) Del Giudice.
(d) Antonio Ceechi.
2. Which of the following insects plagues Hotel Vesuvio as "September 1944" opens?
(a) Bed bug.
3. When discussing the awful behavior of French colonial troops as they ravage the countryside, Lewis says doctors in Castro di Volsci treat how many rapes?
4. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
5. When the orders come through to break up the assault on local girls caught with Allied soldiers, Lewis reports that there are how many men at HQ to deal with the situation?
6. When Lewis first meets the man who will become his best informant, Vincente Lattarullo, he reports that the man is a member of which of the following professions?
7. When Lewis' friend Don Ubaldo dies, he notes that the man succumbed to which of the following diseases?
8. Lewis states, as he prepares to arrive in Salerno, that he and his section are attached to which American army unit?
9. Lewis and his companions enter the catacombs behind San Gennaro on reports that German SS officers are hidden there. How many galleries are in this catacomb?
10. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
(a) Yellow Fever.
11. As Lewis and his companions prepare to land at Salerno, how does Lewis say the lecture by the Intelligence officer could have been summed up?
(a) We know nothing.
(b) There is nothing we do not know.
(c) The Germans will be there.
(d) Mussolini's OVRA has been disbanded.
12. In Naples, Lewis finds several respectable-looking women who have turned to prostitution to support themselves. What do the women charge for their services?
13. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
(b) Military bases.
14. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(a) Motor bike.
15. When Lewis is invited to go on a family expedition to gather greens and hunt birds with Ingeniere Crespi, the man's son goes along; what is the boy's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
2. Lewis says that his friend Simmons had watched a display at Guarda Sanframondi where devotees half kill themselves in honor of the Virgin every ____ years.
3. When discussing Latarullo's return to his "uncle from Rome" funeral job Lewis says that a car can be hired to pick Latarullo up on which of the following areas?
4. Lewis sees a man in Capaccio, whom he describes as an Italian Father Christmas, selling what at a table in his garden?
5. Right before heading back to Naples after the trip with the Crespi family, there is a picnic of all BUT WHICH of the following?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)