|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lewis moves in to the Hotel Vesuvio he invites his new acquaintances to a dinner of what army ration, which none of them have tasted before?
2. As Lewis makes himself acquainted with Benevento, he says that the new Marshal of the town is a man by what name?
3. When Lewis goes on a picnic with Frazer and Signora Lola, which of the following places do they visit?
(b) San Vincenzo.
4. In Lewis' discussion of various salary levels, how much does he say an Italian major makes per month?
(a) 2875 lire.
(b) 4235 lire.
(c) 3063 lire.
(d) 1425 lire.
5. Which of the following is the name of the jeweler who arranges for the delivery of illegal letters in "March 1944"?
6. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Averno.
(b) Lago Garda.
(c) Lago Maggiore.
(d) Lago Cuomo.
7. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
(a) Blue and brown.
(b) Purple and yellow.
(c) Green and yellow.
(d) Pink and green.
8. As part of the A-Force's plan to use venereal disease (STD) as a weapon, Lewis says that a number of prostitutes are rounded up and taken on a day trip where?
(c) San Vincenzo.
9. After taking his informant to dinner, Lewis is asked to visit the bones of St. Andrew to collect a rumored miracle fluid; how much does the informant pay for this privilege?
(a) 800 lire.
(b) 50 lire.
(c) 150 lire.
(d) 200 lire.
10. When the Marshal of Benevento voices concerns that the town is surrounded by bandits, he proposes to go after them with how many Carabinieri?
11. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
(a) 1000 lire.
(b) 200 lire.
(c) 100 lire.
(d) 500 lire.
12. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
(a) Plastic bags.
(c) Paper strips.
13. Of the marriage application investigations Lewis has completed by April 5, 1944 how many of the Italian women turned out to be prostitutes?
14. Lewis says that his friend Simmons had watched a display at Guarda Sanframondi where devotees half kill themselves in honor of the Virgin every ____ years.
15. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 400 lire.
(d) 60 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
2. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
3. When discussing the continued success of the black market Lewis says the Psychological Warfare Bureau estimates what percentage of Neapolitan income derives from stolen Allied goods?
4. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
5. When Lewis is admitted to the 92nd General Hospital, he is suffering from what illness?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)