|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(c) Motor bike.
2. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
(a) Separatist Communists.
(b) Social Democrats.
(c) Christian Democrats.
(d) Orthodox Communists.
3. When Lewis and Evans are sent to search through Prince Pignatelli's apartment, they find a glass of wine left behind with what substance in it?
(d) Gold leaf.
4. When Lewis visits the suburb in "July 1944" he says that this is where which of the following emperors of Rome murdered his mother?
5. While discussing Domenico Lupo's raiding bands Lewis says that one of the biggest issues is the looting of what?
(b) Military bases.
6. After Signora Lola gives Lewis the information about illicit letters being sent, Lattarullo provides Lewis with the name of a letter carrier. What is the man's name?
7. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
(a) Blue and brown.
(b) Pink and green.
(c) Green and yellow.
(d) Purple and yellow.
8. On July 12, 1944 Lewis notes that he has visited every town within 30 miles of Naples with what exception?
9. When discussing the customary pilgrimage to the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that it has been a custom for how long?
(a) 600 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 1500 years.
(d) 2000 years.
10. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 400 lire.
(d) 60 lire.
11. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
12. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
(a) 100 lire.
(b) 500 lire.
(c) 1300 lire.
(d) 1000 lire.
13. After they search Prince Pignatelli's apartment, Lewis and Evans learn that some local women actually followed the custom of Poppaea Sabina and took baths in what?
14. In Prince Pignatelli's apartment Lewis and Evans find huge stores of which of the following perfumes?
15. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
(d) Brain damaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis visits the house set up--illegally--by Captain Frazer and Signora Lola, he notes that it is badly damaged from an air raid that happened on which date?
2. As Lewis arrives in Benevento he notes that the whole population of the city is dressed in black because it is custom to wear mourning for how long after a family death?
3. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
4. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
5. When discussing Latarullo's part-time job as an "uncle from Rome" for funerals, how much do readers learn that Latarullo charges for this service?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)