|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 128.
(b) AD 236.
(c) AD 498.
(d) AD 305.
2. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
3. When Lewis goes on a picnic with Frazer and Signora Lola, which of the following places do they visit?
(b) San Vincenzo.
4. In his discussion of the various political groups in Italy Lewis says that all BUT WHICH of the following are considered quite powerful?
(a) Separatist Communists.
(b) Social Democrats.
(c) Orthodox Communists.
(d) Christian Democrats.
5. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
6. In his discussion of the marriage application investigations he must conduct, Lewis says that ___ out of 10 Italian girls have lost their men to the war?
7. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
(c) Brain damaged.
8. In his visit to the Neapolitan suburb in "July 1944" Lewis says that which of the following lakes, described by Homer, is a disappointment?
(a) Lago Cuomo.
(b) Lago Averno.
(c) Lago Maggiore.
(d) Lago Garda.
9. Lewis says that his friend Simmons had watched a display at Guarda Sanframondi where devotees half kill themselves in honor of the Virgin every ____ years.
10. Whitsun draws near in "May 1944." Lewis says it is also known in Naples as the Easter of what?
11. As Lewis makes himself acquainted with Benevento, he says that the new Marshal of the town is a man by what name?
12. Which of the following is the name of the midget gynecologist in "March 1944"?
13. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 1 - 4.
(b) 15 - 20.
(c) 8 - 10.
(d) 5 - 7.
14. While in Benevento, Lewis says the Canadians have a bad reputation there, due to the Sergeant-Major's habit of abusing civilians with what?
15. In Lewis' discussion of various salary levels, how much does he say an Italian major makes per month?
(a) 1425 lire.
(b) 4235 lire.
(c) 2875 lire.
(d) 3063 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis visits Loreto in the hospital and is told by the nurse taking care of him that Loreto will last how long, at the most?
2. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
3. When discussing the customary pilgrimage to the shrine of Cybele, Lewis says that it has been a custom for how long?
4. After they search Prince Pignatelli's apartment, Lewis and Evans learn that some local women actually followed the custom of Poppaea Sabina and took baths in what?
5. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)