|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the hospital Lewis mentions that Signoras Lola and Susanna will be going on a retreat to Ischia to "deflate," and that they will eat what to accomplish this?
2. When Lewis visits the house set up--illegally--by Captain Frazer and Signora Lola, he notes that it is badly damaged from an air raid that happened on which date?
(a) March 14, 1944.
(b) April 1, 1944.
(c) October 30, 1943.
(d) December 11, 1943.
3. When Lewis is ordered to Benevento to take over security for the Canadian FSS, he notes that fortunately it's a temporary arrangement as he is one man replacing how many?
4. As Lewis makes himself acquainted with Benevento, he says that the new Marshal of the town is a man by what name?
5. As "June 1944" opens Lewis remarks that the inevitable has finally happened, as how many Moors have been murdered in a village near Cancello?
6. During their visit to the bones of St. Andrew, the informant tells Lewis that the bones excrete the rejuvenating fluid how many times per year?
7. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
(a) 1000 lire.
(b) 500 lire.
(c) 200 lire.
(d) 100 lire.
8. After discussing Latarullo's home furnishings and souvenirs, Lewis remarks that his friend reads how many newspapers per day?
(a) 15 - 20.
(b) 5 - 7.
(c) 8 - 10.
(d) 1 - 4.
9. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
10. When discussing the awful behavior of French colonial troops as they ravage the countryside, Lewis says doctors in Castro di Volsci treat how many rapes?
11. The attendants who pass out the rejuvenating fluid when Lewis and his informant visit the bones of St. Andrew suffer what affliction, deemed to be lucky?
12. When discussing the single Neapolitan suburb he has not visited, Lewis notes that the famous San Gennaro was thrown to the lions here in what year?
(a) AD 305.
(b) AD 128.
(c) AD 236.
(d) AD 498.
13. In Lewis' description of the Neapolitan suburb he has not visited he contrasts the common greys and reds of Naples with what colors in this suburb?
(a) Green and yellow.
(b) Blue and brown.
(c) Purple and yellow.
(d) Pink and green.
14. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
(b) White bread.
15. When discussing the shrine of Cybele near Avellino, Lewis notes that most devotees travel to Avellino by what transportation method?
(c) Motor bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July 12, 1944 Lewis notes that he has visited every town within 30 miles of Naples with what exception?
2. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
3. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
4. When Lewis stops for lunch at Vicenzo a Mare in the Neapolitan suburb he is treated to all BUT WHICH of the following local specialties?
5. In the March 3, 1944 entry Lewis notes that it is a crime in Italy, punishable by a year in prison, to communicate which venereal disease (STD) to another person?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)