|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion of the local mobs around Naples, Lewis says that the only person who ever stood up to the group was whom?
2. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
3. As Lewis discusses the various things the people of Naples have resorted to eating, he notes that there has been rumor of a decline in the population of what animal in the city?
4. Lewis is invited to a dinner party that features a spaghetti-eating contest; which of the following individuals is said to have introduced the classic method for this competition?
5. When Lewis is forced to ask Norah Gemelli for help with a case, what name does she give him?
(a) Poggio Reale.
(b) Antonio Priore.
(c) Lo Scalzo.
(d) Ingeniere Crespi.
6. Lewis begins work on the suspect file in Naples and must catalog everything; he notes that one report describes an individual that has an obsessive fear of which animal?
7. After Lewis gives a hungry man some K rations he receives a strip of cloth that the giver insists will render him bulletproof; from what city did this cloth originate?
8. When Lewis is invited to go on a family expedition to gather greens and hunt birds with Ingeniere Crespi, the man's son goes along; what is the boy's name?
9. When Lewis winds up in the American Evacuation Hospital he is ill with a re-infection of which of the following illnesses?
10. When discussing Signora Esposito-Lau, Lewis notes that the Psychological Warfare Bureau reported that what percentage of the Italian people collaborated with Germans?
11. When discussing the Separatist group for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Lattarullo tells Lewis he believes the war with Germany will be over by which holiday?
(c) New Year's.
12. When discussing Mussolini's Press Secretary Lewis states that the man is wanted for the murder of which of the following individuals, a former rival of Mussolini?
13. When discussing Lattarullo's Separatists, Lewis notes that the organization wants to dress everyone in Roman tunics and enforce a minimum of ____ children per family.
14. As Lewis and his companions prepare to land at Salerno, how does Lewis say the lecture by the Intelligence officer could have been summed up?
(a) We know nothing.
(b) Mussolini's OVRA has been disbanded.
(c) There is nothing we do not know.
(d) The Germans will be there.
15. In the October 9, 1943 entry Lewis says that children in Naples are prying limpets off rocks for food. How much can the children collect in exchange for a pint of limpets?
(a) 25 lire.
(b) 5 lire.
(c) 2 lire.
(d) 19 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
2. When Lattarullo joins the Separatist organization for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, he tells Lewis that which of the following is one of the leaders of the group?
3. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
4. With which of the following captains does Lewis meet after a night spent patrolling the streets of Salerno for German infiltrators?
5. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)