|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the book ends and Lewis prepares to leave Naples, he mentions that he hopes he will at least have time to see which of the following individuals before he leaves?
2. During the checkpoint stops three miles outside town, the Canadians discover that most vehicles have stolen tires. How much are the tires worth on the black market?
(a) 30,000 lire.
(b) 3,000 lire.
(c) 50,000 lire.
(d) 8,000 lire.
3. On his sight-seeing trip into Capaccio, which of the following flowers does Lewis mention along the street that looks almost English?
4. When an attacker dressed as an American pulls a .45 automatic at a checkpoint, which of the following men is shot through the shoulder at close range?
5. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
(c) Torre Annunziata.
(d) Torre del Greco.
6. When Lewis winds up in the American Evacuation Hospital he is ill with a re-infection of which of the following illnesses?
7. In his discussion of the local mobs around Naples, Lewis says that the only person who ever stood up to the group was whom?
8. When Lewis first meets Donna Maria Fidora, a new contact, he says that her nickname is what?
(a) La Bella.
(b) La Aquila.
(c) La Nobile.
(d) La Pitonessa.
9. Which of the following items does Lewis NOT lose in the flood during his stay in the hospital?
(d) Shaving kit.
10. While discussing the contraband confiscated by the Marshal at the checkpoint three miles outside town, Lewis says that a drum of olive oil is worth how much on the black market?
(a) 3,000 lire.
(b) 30, 000 lire.
(c) 50,000 lire.
(d) 8,000 lire.
11. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
(a) Villa d'Este.
(b) Villa de Medici.
(c) Villa Adrianna.
(d) Villa Nazionale.
12. While investigating the charges against the man arrested by the police chief, Lewis compares another witness--Anna Consomata--to an angel by which famous Italian artist?
(b) Da Vinci.
13. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
14. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
15. In his discussion of his duties Lewis mentions that he is expected to make daily log entries in his Army Book no. 466. At what time each day are these logs to be discussed?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the October 9, 1943 entry Lewis says that children in Naples are prying limpets off rocks for food. How much can the children collect in exchange for a pint of limpets?
2. On which of the following dates does Lewis see a British officer beating an Italian man, which he describes as the most revolting thing he's seen since the war began?
3. In the January 1, 1944 entry Lewis says that any Allied goods stolen are sold openly on which of the following streets?
4. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
5. As Lewis and his companions prepare to land at Salerno, how does Lewis say the lecture by the Intelligence officer could have been summed up?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)