|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the expedition with Ingeniere Crespi's family Lewis reports that in total they manage to catch how many birds?
2. Which of the following individuals is a witness in the case against the man arrested by the corrupt police chief on fraudulent charges of conspiracy with the Germans?
3. Lewis notes in November 1943 that the only avenue open to a young man of good family is diplomatic service; how many diplomatic posts are offered in Naples?
4. In the January 1, 1944 entry Lewis says that any Allied goods stolen are sold openly on which of the following streets?
(a) Via dei Mille.
(b) Via Forcella.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via Toledo.
5. When Lewis talks about the villainy common to local police chiefs, he mentions which one in particular who has recently had several charges brought against him?
(a) Marshal Albano.
(b) Marshal Acerra.
(c) Marshal Pascarella.
(d) Marshal Benvenuto.
6. When the checkpoint three miles out of town is passed by a lorry that crashes through, Lewis says that the man in charge of the Thompson sub-machine gun is which of these?
7. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
8. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
9. When discussing the Separatist group for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Lattarullo tells Lewis he believes the war with Germany will be over by which holiday?
(b) New Year's.
10. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
11. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, how many bathrooms does Lewis say it has?
12. Days after the checkpoint three miles outside town, the Marshal is offended when Lewis refuses his gift of what?
13. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
(a) 5 min.
(b) 20 min.
(c) 15 min.
(d) 10 min.
14. As Lewis passes through Naples on his way back to his unit after his illness, what does he say is the general mood of the Italian civilians?
15. In the October 9, 1943 entry Lewis says that children in Naples are prying limpets off rocks for food. How much can the children collect in exchange for a pint of limpets?
(a) 5 lire.
(b) 19 lire.
(c) 25 lire.
(d) 2 lire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the plaza where the Palace is located, in which Lewis' unit is installed when he reunites with them in Naples?
2. Lewis states, as he prepares to arrive in Salerno, that he and his section are attached to which American army unit?
3. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
4. After his return to Naples Lewis tells about an assault on local girls found in the company of Allied soldiers; he says that the assault took place from the gardens of which location?
5. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)