|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
(a) Antonio Priore.
(b) Ingeniere Crespi.
(c) Lo Scalzo.
(d) Poggio Reale.
2. Lewis talks about two large air raids that took place in August, resulting in Naples being extremely short on what in October 1943?
3. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
4. In his discussion of the local mobs around Naples, Lewis says that the only person who ever stood up to the group was whom?
5. What is the name of the plaza where the Palace is located, in which Lewis' unit is installed when he reunites with them in Naples?
(a) Piazza Venezia.
(b) Piazza Dante.
(c) Piazza Vittoria.
(d) Piazza Navona.
6. Early in the book, on which of the following dates does Lewis state that the war arrives?
(a) September 14, 1944.
(b) September 8, 1943.
(c) September 19, 1944.
(d) September 12, 1943.
7. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
8. When talking about the various local law enforcement agencies, which of the following does Lewis say is the Italian police force?
9. In the January 1, 1944 entry Lewis says that any Allied goods stolen are sold openly on which of the following streets?
(a) Via Forcella.
(b) Via dei Mille.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via Toledo.
10. Which of the following individuals does Lewis meet at Zi' Teresa's restaurant at the end of the November 26, 1943 entry?
(a) Captain Frazer.
(b) Captain Benvenuto.
(c) Captain Clark.
(d) Captain Albano.
11. On which of the following dates does Lewis see a British officer beating an Italian man, which he describes as the most revolting thing he's seen since the war began?
(a) September 12, 1944.
(b) September 16, 1943.
(c) September 20, 1943.
(d) September 25, 1944.
12. When Lewis and the American army arrive at "Red Beach," how many rounds of ammunition does each man receive?
13. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
(a) Villa Adrianna.
(b) Villa d'Este.
(c) Villa de Medici.
(d) Villa Nazionale.
14. What does Lewis find when he follows the Italian Father Christmas into his cottage in Capaccio?
(a) Dead German.
(b) Drugs and contraband.
(c) Moldy food.
15. When discussing Neapolitans' odd superstitions and views on good/bad luck, Lewis notes that they believe a house suffers from the evil eye; what is the house number?
(a) Number 15.
(b) Number 12.
(c) Number 3.
(d) Number 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
2. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, how many bathrooms does Lewis say it has?
3. While investigating the charges against the man arrested by the police chief, Lewis compares another witness--Anna Consomata--to an angel by which famous Italian artist?
4. On the expedition with Ingeniere Crespi's family Lewis reports that in total they manage to catch how many birds?
5. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)