|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis find when he follows the Italian Father Christmas into his cottage in Capaccio?
(a) Drugs and contraband.
(c) Moldy food.
(d) Dead German.
2. Which of the following insects plagues Hotel Vesuvio as "September 1944" opens?
(a) Bed bug.
3. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
4. On which of the following dates does Lewis, unable to get to Salerno, decide to take a sight-seeing trip to Capaccio?
(a) September 22, 1944.
(b) September 9, 1943.
(c) September 17, 1943.
(d) September 25, 1944.
5. Days after the checkpoint three miles outside town, the Marshal is offended when Lewis refuses his gift of what?
6. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
(a) 10 min.
(b) 20 min.
(c) 5 min.
(d) 15 min.
7. When discussing Lattarullo's Separatists, Lewis notes that the organization wants to dress everyone in Roman tunics and enforce a minimum of ____ children per family.
8. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
9. When thieves raid the Field Security Office at Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles, how high are the walls they have to climb to do so?
(a) 60 ft.
(b) 10 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 30 ft.
10. Lewis is frustrated when no one will admit they've seen anything during his investigation of what crime, first reported to him by one of the scugnizzi?
11. When Lewis discusses Neapolitan vendettas he says that which of the following individuals told him about this, or else he would not know?
(a) Poggio Reale.
(b) Ingeniere Crespi.
(c) Lo Scalzo.
(d) Antonio Priore.
12. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
13. In the final entry for "January 1944" Lewis says that how many operational maps are found in a warehouse, where civilians are about to use them to make a fire?
14. When Lewis talks about the villainy common to local police chiefs, he mentions which one in particular who has recently had several charges brought against him?
(a) Marshal Albano.
(b) Marshal Benvenuto.
(c) Marshal Acerra.
(d) Marshal Pascarella.
15. When Lewis first meets Donna Maria Fidora, a new contact, he says that her nickname is what?
(a) La Bella.
(b) La Nobile.
(c) La Pitonessa.
(d) La Aquila.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing Neapolitans' odd superstitions and views on good/bad luck, Lewis notes that they believe a house suffers from the evil eye; what is the house number?
2. When discussing the Separatist group for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Lattarullo tells Lewis he believes the war with Germany will be over by which holiday?
3. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
4. In his discussion of the local mobs around Naples, Lewis says that the only person who ever stood up to the group was whom?
5. In Naples, Lewis finds several respectable-looking women who have turned to prostitution to support themselves. What do the women charge for their services?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)