|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis asks Norah Gemelli for help on a case he mentions that she lives on which of the following affluent streets?
(a) Via Toledo.
(b) Via dei Mille.
(c) Via Forcella.
(d) Via Chiaia.
2. When Lewis goes on a picnic with Frazer and Signora Lola, which of the following places do they visit?
(d) San Vincenzo.
3. Which of the following is the name of the jeweler who arranges for the delivery of illegal letters in "March 1944"?
4. Anna Consomata reveals during her discussion with Lewis that she agreed to give false testimony because she was the mistress of which of the following?
5. When Lattarullo gives Lewis information about the Neapolitan doctor with the stolen Fiat, Lewis taken him to lunch. Which of the following is Lattarullo offered on the way to eat?
6. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
(d) White bread.
7. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
8. Which of the following is the name of the midget gynecologist in "March 1944"?
9. When talking about the various local law enforcement agencies, which of the following does Lewis say is the Italian police force?
10. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
11. In his discussion of the local mobs around Naples, Lewis says that the only person who ever stood up to the group was whom?
12. The prostitutes rounded up for the A-Force's plot are unhappy about the situation because they are used to making how much money per night?
(a) 100 lire.
(b) 500 lire.
(c) 1300 lire.
(d) 1000 lire.
13. In his descriptions of the small towns around Naples, Lewis mentions that the new mayors of these towns who have been appointed by the Allies are called what?
14. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
(a) Villa de Medici.
(b) Villa Adrianna.
(c) Villa Nazionale.
(d) Villa d'Este.
15. When Lewis discusses Neapolitan vendettas he says that which of the following individuals told him about this, or else he would not know?
(a) Ingeniere Crespi.
(b) Antonio Priore.
(c) Lo Scalzo.
(d) Poggio Reale.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis is sent to investigate missing Allied copper and gets no help from the local people, the brigadiere says it is a result of omerta. How does he translate this?
2. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
3. In his discussion of the marriage application investigations he must conduct, Lewis says that ___ out of 10 Italian girls have lost their men to the war?
4. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
5. After Signora Lola gives Lewis the information about illicit letters being sent, Lattarullo provides Lewis with the name of a letter carrier. What is the man's name?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)