|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis asks Norah Gemelli for help on a case he mentions that she lives on which of the following affluent streets?
(a) Via Toledo.
(b) Via Chiaia.
(c) Via Forcella.
(d) Via dei Mille.
2. When Lewis is invited to go on a family expedition to gather greens and hunt birds with Ingeniere Crespi, the man's son goes along; what is the boy's name?
3. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
4. When discussing the Separatist group for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Lattarullo tells Lewis he believes the war with Germany will be over by which holiday?
(d) New Year's.
5. When thieves raid the Field Security Office at Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles, how high are the walls they have to climb to do so?
(a) 10 ft.
(b) 20 ft.
(c) 60 ft.
(d) 30 ft.
6. In "January 1944" which of the following is NOT a small town outside Naples also included in the list of Lewis' responsibilities?
7. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
8. What method of transportation does Lewis use on his sight-seeing trip to Capaccio?
9. When an attacker dressed as an American pulls a .45 automatic at a checkpoint, which of the following men is shot through the shoulder at close range?
10. In his discussion of the local mobs around Naples, Lewis says that the only person who ever stood up to the group was whom?
11. Which of the following items does Lewis NOT lose in the flood during his stay in the hospital?
(c) Shaving kit.
12. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
13. During Lewis' time in the American Evacuation Hospital, he is frequently disturbed by what noise a few hundred yards away?
14. On which of the following dates is Lewis discharged from the American Evacuation Hospital after his illness?
(a) October 5, 1944.
(b) October 2, 1943.
(c) October 9, 1944.
(d) October 4, 1943.
15. When Lewis first meets the man who will become his best informant, Vincente Lattarullo, he reports that the man is a member of which of the following professions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Early in the book, on which of the following dates does Lewis state that the war arrives?
2. Anna Consomata reveals during her discussion with Lewis that she agreed to give false testimony because she was the mistress of which of the following?
3. While discussing the contraband confiscated by the Marshal at the checkpoint three miles outside town, Lewis says that a drum of olive oil is worth how much on the black market?
4. When Lewis visits the church of San Pasquale he views the body of the Blessed Egideo; what is this near-saint said to protect?
5. After Lewis gives a hungry man some K rations he receives a strip of cloth that the giver insists will render him bulletproof; from what city did this cloth originate?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)