|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing Neapolitans' odd superstitions and views on good/bad luck, Lewis notes that they believe a house suffers from the evil eye; what is the house number?
(a) Number 6.
(b) Number 3.
(c) Number 12.
(d) Number 15.
2. When Lewis' friend Don Ubaldo dies, he notes that the man succumbed to which of the following diseases?
3. In his discussion of the local mobs around Naples, Lewis says that the only person who ever stood up to the group was whom?
4. As "November 1943" opens, Lewis laments that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be reduced to what amount per week?
(a) 400 lire.
(b) 800 lire.
(c) 600 lire.
(d) 200 lire.
5. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
6. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
7. After his discussion of corrupt law enforcement, Lewis visits which of the following men who has been arrested by a corrupt police chief on ridiculous charges?
8. Lewis talks about two large air raids that took place in August, resulting in Naples being extremely short on what in October 1943?
9. In "January 1944" which of the following is NOT a small town outside Naples also included in the list of Lewis' responsibilities?
10. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
11. After describing his concerns about the Canadians who have returned to the area, Lewis says that the Allies have recognized how many political parties in the area?
12. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
(a) 10 lire.
(b) 5 lire.
(c) 15 lire.
(d) 20 lire.
13. When talking about the various local law enforcement agencies, which of the following does Lewis say is the Italian police force?
14. When Lewis asks Norah Gemelli for help on a case he mentions that she lives on which of the following affluent streets?
(a) Via dei Mille.
(b) Via Toledo.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via Forcella.
15. When discussing the Separatist group for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Lattarullo tells Lewis he believes the war with Germany will be over by which holiday?
(b) New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the checkpoint three miles out of town is passed by a lorry that crashes through, Lewis says that the man in charge of the Thompson sub-machine gun is which of these?
2. Which of the following individuals is a witness in the case against the man arrested by the corrupt police chief on fraudulent charges of conspiracy with the Germans?
3. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
4. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
5. Which of the following individuals does Lewis meet at Zi' Teresa's restaurant at the end of the November 26, 1943 entry?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)