|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
2. On the expedition with Ingeniere Crespi's family Lewis reports that in total they manage to catch how many birds?
3. When Lewis returns to Naples in "October 1944" he finds that several members of his section are ill; Moore has which of the following illnesses?
4. In "January 1944" which of the following is NOT a small town outside Naples also included in the list of Lewis' responsibilities?
5. Which of the following items does Lewis NOT lose in the flood during his stay in the hospital?
(d) Shaving kit.
6. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
(a) 15 min.
(b) 5 min.
(c) 10 min.
(d) 20 min.
7. Lewis and his companions enter the catacombs behind San Gennaro on reports that German SS officers are hidden there. How many galleries are in this catacomb?
8. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
9. Lewis begins work on the suspect file in Naples and must catalog everything; he notes that one report describes an individual that has an obsessive fear of which animal?
10. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
11. Anna Consomata reveals during her discussion with Lewis that she agreed to give false testimony because she was the mistress of which of the following?
12. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
13. When Lewis asks Norah Gemelli for help on a case he mentions that she lives on which of the following affluent streets?
(a) Via Toledo.
(b) Via Forcella.
(c) Via dei Mille.
(d) Via Chiaia.
14. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, Lewis remarks that the place has how many rooms?
15. During Lewis' time in the American Evacuation Hospital, he is frequently disturbed by what noise a few hundred yards away?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which of the following dates does Lewis, unable to get to Salerno, decide to take a sight-seeing trip to Capaccio?
2. On September 19, 1944 Lewis decides to set up a checkpoint three miles out of town, across which river?
3. While discussing the contraband confiscated by the Marshal at the checkpoint three miles outside town, Lewis says that a drum of olive oil is worth how much on the black market?
4. When discussing Mussolini's Press Secretary Lewis states that the man is wanted for the murder of which of the following individuals, a former rival of Mussolini?
5. When Lewis and the American army arrive at "Red Beach," how many rounds of ammunition does each man receive?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)