|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the orders come through to break up the assault on local girls caught with Allied soldiers, Lewis reports that there are how many men at HQ to deal with the situation?
2. When Lewis visits the church of San Pasquale he views the body of the Blessed Egideo; what is this near-saint said to protect?
3. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
(a) Torre del Greco.
(c) Torre Annunziata.
4. In the January 1, 1944 entry Lewis says that any Allied goods stolen are sold openly on which of the following streets?
(a) Via dei Mille.
(b) Via Forcella.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via Toledo.
5. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
(a) 5 lire.
(b) 10 lire.
(c) 20 lire.
(d) 15 lire.
6. When Lewis first meets the man who will become his best informant, Vincente Lattarullo, he reports that the man is a member of which of the following professions?
7. After his return to Naples Lewis tells about an assault on local girls found in the company of Allied soldiers; he says that the assault took place from the gardens of which location?
(a) Villa Republica.
(b) Villa Navona.
(c) Villa Roma.
(d) Villa Nazionale.
8. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
9. During Lewis' time in the American Evacuation Hospital, he is frequently disturbed by what noise a few hundred yards away?
10. When Sergeant Moore returns from Salerno, Lewis' group is told there is not enough room for them in the command car; with what commodity is the command car full?
(d) Gas masks.
11. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
12. What time frame does Lewis give for the completion of the thieves' raid on Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles?
(a) 20 min.
(b) 15 min.
(c) 10 min.
(d) 5 min.
13. Which of the following individuals does Lewis meet at Zi' Teresa's restaurant at the end of the November 26, 1943 entry?
(a) Captain Benvenuto.
(b) Captain Albano.
(c) Captain Clark.
(d) Captain Frazer.
14. With which of the following captains does Lewis meet after a night spent patrolling the streets of Salerno for German infiltrators?
(a) Captain Moore.
(b) Captain Paglia.
(c) Captain Castello.
(d) Captain Cartwright.
15. When discussing incredible feats of piracy, Lewis says that what objects have been stolen from the region of Agropoli?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the checkpoint stops three miles outside town, the Canadians discover that most vehicles have stolen tires. How much are the tires worth on the black market?
2. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
3. Lewis notes in November 1943 that the only avenue open to a young man of good family is diplomatic service; how many diplomatic posts are offered in Naples?
4. On September 19, 1944 Lewis decides to set up a checkpoint three miles out of town, across which river?
5. When Lewis travels to Afragola to investigate reports that a woman there is a spy, he finds that a translation error has occurred and the woman is actually suspected of being what?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)