|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January 1944" which of the following is NOT a small town outside Naples also included in the list of Lewis' responsibilities?
2. Lewis notes in his November 25, 1943 entry that there is an aversion in Italy to bothering which of the following species of bird?
3. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
(a) White bread.
4. When discussing the continued success of the black market Lewis says the Psychological Warfare Bureau estimates what percentage of Neapolitan income derives from stolen Allied goods?
5. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
6. When Lewis is sent to investigate missing Allied copper and gets no help from the local people, the brigadiere says it is a result of omerta. How does he translate this?
7. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
(b) Brain damaged.
8. When Lewis attends the spaghetti-eating contest at a dinner party, he notes that the man who wins is 65 and of what profession?
9. As "December 1943" opens, what does Lewis say is the really unpleasant part of his job?
10. When Lewis is forced to ask Norah Gemelli for help with a case, what name does she give him?
(a) Antonio Priore.
(b) Ingeniere Crespi.
(c) Poggio Reale.
(d) Lo Scalzo.
11. In the January 1, 1944 entry Lewis says that any Allied goods stolen are sold openly on which of the following streets?
(a) Via Toledo.
(b) Via Forcella.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via dei Mille.
12. After Mt. Vesuvius erupts Lewis visits a local seismologist, Professor Saraceno, for information about the event. With what does Lewis pay the man for his advice?
(b) Corned beef.
(c) 100 lire.
(d) 2 apples.
13. Which of the following individuals is a witness in the case against the man arrested by the corrupt police chief on fraudulent charges of conspiracy with the Germans?
14. At the end of "February 1944" Lewis sees his first pazzariello on the Via San Pasquale; according to Lewis, this word translates to what?
(c) Flower merchant.
(d) Pizza shop.
15. When Lewis discusses Neapolitan vendettas he says that which of the following individuals told him about this, or else he would not know?
(a) Ingeniere Crespi.
(b) Poggio Reale.
(c) Antonio Priore.
(d) Lo Scalzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
2. After his discussion of corrupt law enforcement, Lewis visits which of the following men who has been arrested by a corrupt police chief on ridiculous charges?
3. Lewis is invited to a dinner party that features a spaghetti-eating contest; which of the following individuals is said to have introduced the classic method for this competition?
4. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
5. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)