|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lewis' discussion of various salary levels, how much does he say an Italian major makes per month?
(a) 4235 lire.
(b) 1425 lire.
(c) 3063 lire.
(d) 2875 lire.
2. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
3. An informant, Prince A, visits the soldiers with his 24-year old sister to ask if they can arrange for her to enter an army brothel; what is the girl's name?
4. As "November 1943" opens, Lewis laments that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be reduced to what amount per week?
(a) 800 lire.
(b) 600 lire.
(c) 400 lire.
(d) 200 lire.
5. When discussing Signora Esposito-Lau, Lewis notes that the Psychological Warfare Bureau reported that what percentage of the Italian people collaborated with Germans?
6. When the Neapolitans serve a banquet to welcome General Mark Clark--who likes fish--the main course was what?
7. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
(a) Villa d'Este.
(b) Villa de Medici.
(c) Villa Nazionale.
(d) Villa Adrianna.
8. When discussing Mussolini's Press Secretary Lewis states that the man is wanted for the murder of which of the following individuals, a former rival of Mussolini?
9. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
10. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
11. When thieves raid the Field Security Office at Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles, how high are the walls they have to climb to do so?
(a) 10 ft.
(b) 20 ft.
(c) 30 ft.
(d) 60 ft.
12. The prostitutes fear that as a result of the A-Force's plot to infect Germans with venereal disease their compensation will drop to how much money per night?
(a) 500 lire.
(b) 1000 lire.
(c) 100 lire.
(d) 200 lire.
13. When Lewis and Lattarullo go to lunch and inspect the dish said to be veal, the waiter admits under questioning that it is actually what?
14. When Captain Frazer and Signora Lola finally become engaged, he is horrified at having to participate in an Easter parade down which of the following street?
(a) Via Toledo.
(b) Via Venezia.
(c) Via Chiaia.
(d) Via Roma.
15. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis asks Norah Gemelli for help on a case he mentions that she lives on which of the following affluent streets?
2. Lewis notes in November 1943 that the only avenue open to a young man of good family is diplomatic service; how many diplomatic posts are offered in Naples?
3. While investigating the charges against the man arrested by the police chief, Lewis compares another witness--Anna Consomata--to an angel by which famous Italian artist?
4. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
5. In his April 1, 1944 entry Lewis spends time Signora Lola and says that she looks wonderful, having put on some weight due to the return of what food to Naples?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)