|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lewis passes through Naples on his way back to his unit after his illness, what does he say is the general mood of the Italian civilians?
2. As "November 1943" opens, Lewis laments that Counter-Intelligence funds are to be reduced to what amount per week?
(a) 200 lire.
(b) 400 lire.
(c) 800 lire.
(d) 600 lire.
3. When Lattarullo gives Lewis information about the Neapolitan doctor with the stolen Fiat, Lewis taken him to lunch. Which of the following is Lattarullo offered on the way to eat?
4. In his February 12, 1944 entry Lewis is surprised to find that the Neapolitans have never visited famous sites nearby, though they have all been to which city multiple times?
5. As Lewis discusses the various things the people of Naples have resorted to eating, he notes that there has been rumor of a decline in the population of what animal in the city?
6. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
7. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
8. Which of the following individuals is a witness in the case against the man arrested by the corrupt police chief on fraudulent charges of conspiracy with the Germans?
9. When Lewis and the American army arrive at "Red Beach," how many rounds of ammunition does each man receive?
10. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
11. When investigating a local vendetta, which of the following is the prison Lewis visits for the case?
(a) Lo Scalzo.
(b) Poggio Reale.
(c) Antonio Priore.
(d) Ingeniere Crespi.
12. On which of the following dates does Lewis see a British officer beating an Italian man, which he describes as the most revolting thing he's seen since the war began?
(a) September 12, 1944.
(b) September 20, 1943.
(c) September 16, 1943.
(d) September 25, 1944.
13. While investigating the charges against the man arrested by the police chief, Lewis compares another witness--Anna Consomata--to an angel by which famous Italian artist?
(a) Da Vinci.
14. After describing his concerns about the Canadians who have returned to the area, Lewis says that the Allies have recognized how many political parties in the area?
15. Lewis is frustrated when no one will admit they've seen anything during his investigation of what crime, first reported to him by one of the scugnizzi?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his discussion of corrupt law enforcement, Lewis visits which of the following men who has been arrested by a corrupt police chief on ridiculous charges?
2. What method of transportation does Lewis use on his sight-seeing trip to Capaccio?
3. When Lewis is sent to investigate missing Allied copper and gets no help from the local people, the brigadiere says it is a result of omerta. How does he translate this?
4. When discussing Lattarullo's Separatists, Lewis notes that the organization wants to dress everyone in Roman tunics and enforce a minimum of ____ children per family.
5. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)