|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which of the following dates are Lewis and other men attacked via plane while exploring the Temple of Neptune?
(a) September 19, 1944.
(b) September 8, 1943.
(c) September 10, 1943.
(d) September 14, 1944.
2. In "October 1944" Lewis says that the weather is wonderful at that time of year and that it is common October sport to hunt migrant birds headed to which country?
(d) New Zealand.
3. When Lewis visits the prison during his vendetta investigation he notes that newly received prisoners are fingerprinted and then told to wipe the ink off their hands where?
4. In the final entry for "January 1944" Lewis says that how many operational maps are found in a warehouse, where civilians are about to use them to make a fire?
5. When Lewis returns to Naples in "October 1944" he finds that several members of his section are ill; Moore has which of the following illnesses?
6. When thieves raid the Field Security Office at Castellammare castle to steal wheels off vehicles, how high are the walls they have to climb to do so?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 10 ft.
(c) 60 ft.
(d) 30 ft.
7. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
8. When Lewis visits the church of San Pasquale he views the body of the Blessed Egideo; what is this near-saint said to protect?
9. The corrupt police chief says at the end of "December 1943" that he has to prevent a blood feud; what item do local families use to represent blood feuds?
(a) Coat of Arms.
10. When Lewis' friend Don Ubaldo dies, he notes that the man succumbed to which of the following diseases?
11. When talking about Neapolitan vendettas, Lewis mentions a boy who ambushed and killed the man who had killed his father before his birth; how old is the boy?
12. When Lewis travels to Afragola to investigate reports that a woman there is a spy, he finds that a translation error has occurred and the woman is actually suspected of being what?
13. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
14. While discussing the contraband confiscated by the Marshal at the checkpoint three miles outside town, Lewis says that a drum of olive oil is worth how much on the black market?
(a) 30, 000 lire.
(b) 50,000 lire.
(c) 8,000 lire.
(d) 3,000 lire.
15. On his sight-seeing trip into Capaccio, which of the following flowers does Lewis mention along the street that looks almost English?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna Consomata reveals during her discussion with Lewis that she agreed to give false testimony because she was the mistress of which of the following?
2. When Lewis is invited to go on a family expedition to gather greens and hunt birds with Ingeniere Crespi, the man's son goes along; what is the boy's name?
3. Days after the checkpoint three miles outside town, the Marshal is offended when Lewis refuses his gift of what?
4. After Lewis gives a hungry man some K rations he receives a strip of cloth that the giver insists will render him bulletproof; from what city did this cloth originate?
5. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)