|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis begins work on the suspect file in Naples and must catalog everything; he notes that one report describes an individual that has an obsessive fear of which animal?
2. In his discussion of the Palace in Naples, Lewis remarks that the place has how many rooms?
3. In his discussion of the marriage application investigations he must conduct, Lewis says that ___ out of 10 Italian girls have lost their men to the war?
4. On which of the following dates is Lewis discharged from the American Evacuation Hospital after his illness?
(a) October 9, 1944.
(b) October 2, 1943.
(c) October 4, 1943.
(d) October 5, 1944.
5. When Lewis is sent to investigate missing Allied copper and gets no help from the local people, the brigadiere says it is a result of omerta. How does he translate this?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
2. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
3. When the Neapolitans serve a banquet to welcome General Mark Clark--who likes fish--the main course was what?
4. What does Lewis find when he follows the Italian Father Christmas into his cottage in Capaccio?
5. As Lewis discusses the "Robin Hood" tradition in the Zona di Camorra he notes that the main example is Domenico Lupo; what explanation does Lewis give for the man's name?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)