|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right before heading back to Naples after the trip with the Crespi family, there is a picnic of all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
(a) Torre Annunziata.
(c) Torre del Greco.
3. Which of the following activities has been legally resumed in December 1943?
4. When Lewis visits the house set up--illegally--by Captain Frazer and Signora Lola, he notes that it is badly damaged from an air raid that happened on which date?
(a) October 30, 1943.
(b) April 1, 1944.
(c) December 11, 1943.
(d) March 14, 1944.
5. When discussing various salaries, Lewis says the the conversion rate for the Italian lira to British pounds is ____ lire for 1 pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis discusses the small towns outside Naples he says that there are nearly uncontrollable because they are ruled by the local mob, a group known as what?
2. When discussing Mussolini's Press Secretary Lewis states that the man is wanted for the murder of which of the following individuals, a former rival of Mussolini?
3. At the end of "February 1944" Lewis sees his first pazzariello on the Via San Pasquale; according to Lewis, this word translates to what?
4. What does Lewis find when he follows the Italian Father Christmas into his cottage in Capaccio?
5. Lewis states, as he prepares to arrive in Salerno, that he and his section are attached to which American army unit?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)