|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the October 9, 1943 entry Lewis says that children in Naples are prying limpets off rocks for food. How much can the children collect in exchange for a pint of limpets?
(a) 5 lire.
(b) 2 lire.
(c) 19 lire.
(d) 25 lire.
2. When Lewis asks Norah Gemelli for help on a case he mentions that she lives on which of the following affluent streets?
(a) Via Forcella.
(b) Via dei Mille.
(c) Via Toledo.
(d) Via Chiaia.
3. An informant, Prince A, visits the soldiers with his 24-year old sister to ask if they can arrange for her to enter an army brothel; what is the girl's name?
4. When discussing the A-Force's plan to use venereal diseases (STDs) as a weapon Lewis states they've displayed complete disregard for the babies doomed to be born _______?
(d) Brain damaged.
5. When talking about the various local law enforcement agencies, which of the following does Lewis say is the Italian police force?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the January 12, 1944 entry which of the following individuals is thrown into jail after he is discovered with several lengths of copper wire, which he insists are German?
2. Lewis is frustrated when no one will admit they've seen anything during his investigation of what crime, first reported to him by one of the scugnizzi?
3. On the outing with Ingeniere Crespi's family, Crespi's son manages to catch what bird to the delight of his family?
4. When Lewis investigates various Italian salaries, he says that the lowest income for a public official is that of the postman at what amount per month?
5. Lewis is invited to a dinner party that features a spaghetti-eating contest; which of the following individuals is said to have introduced the classic method for this competition?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)