|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which of the following dates does Lewis see a British officer beating an Italian man, which he describes as the most revolting thing he's seen since the war began?
(a) September 20, 1943.
(b) September 25, 1944.
(c) September 12, 1944.
(d) September 16, 1943.
2. In the March 5, 1944 entry Lewis says that according to Signora Lola a letter can be sent to Rome via a local jeweler for how much money?
(a) 60 lire.
(b) 100 lire.
(c) 400 lire.
(d) 200 lire.
3. Which of the following activities has been legally resumed in December 1943?
4. With which of the following captains does Lewis meet after a night spent patrolling the streets of Salerno for German infiltrators?
(a) Captain Moore.
(b) Captain Cartwright.
(c) Captain Castello.
(d) Captain Paglia.
5. When discussing the continued success of the black market Lewis says the Psychological Warfare Bureau estimates what percentage of Neapolitan income derives from stolen Allied goods?
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing the awful behavior of French colonial troops as they ravage the countryside, Lewis says doctors in Castro di Volsci treat how many rapes?
2. In Lewis' visit with his informant to the bones of St. Andrew, he says that the rejuvenating fluid is passed out using what medium?
3. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
4. Early in the book, on which of the following dates does Lewis state that the war arrives?
5. Lewis is invited to a dinner party that features a spaghetti-eating contest; which of the following individuals is said to have introduced the classic method for this competition?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)