|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eric Williams speaks of his frustrations in the town of Nola, he tells Lewis that the whole town shut down for the Feast of what?
2. In the October 24, 1943 entry Lewis is sent to deal with a young German boy set to be executed as a spy. What is the young boy's name?
3. Lewis sees a man in Capaccio, whom he describes as an Italian Father Christmas, selling what at a table in his garden?
4. Lewis notes in November 1943 that the only avenue open to a young man of good family is diplomatic service; how many diplomatic posts are offered in Naples?
5. When Lewis is sent to investigate missing Allied copper and gets no help from the local people, the brigadiere says it is a result of omerta. How does he translate this?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis' friend Don Ubaldo dies, he notes that the man succumbed to which of the following diseases?
2. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
3. Which of the following activities has been legally resumed in December 1943?
4. When Lewis travels to Afragola to investigate reports that a woman there is a spy, he finds that a translation error has occurred and the woman is actually suspected of being what?
5. In the December 9, 1943 entry Lewis talks about looking out over the formal gardens of what Villa?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)