|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the October 9, 1943 entry Lewis says that children in Naples are prying limpets off rocks for food. How much can the children collect in exchange for a pint of limpets?
(a) 19 lire.
(b) 5 lire.
(c) 25 lire.
(d) 2 lire.
2. During Lewis' time in the American Evacuation Hospital, he is frequently disturbed by what noise a few hundred yards away?
3. When discussing Neapolitans' odd superstitions and views on good/bad luck, Lewis notes that they believe a house suffers from the evil eye; what is the house number?
(a) Number 15.
(b) Number 6.
(c) Number 12.
(d) Number 3.
4. Anna Consomata reveals during her discussion with Lewis that she agreed to give false testimony because she was the mistress of which of the following?
5. After his return to Naples Lewis tells about an assault on local girls found in the company of Allied soldiers; he says that the assault took place from the gardens of which location?
(a) Villa Nazionale.
(b) Villa Republica.
(c) Villa Navona.
(d) Villa Roma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early in the book, on which of the following dates does Lewis state that the war arrives?
2. Lewis is invited to a dinner party that features a spaghetti-eating contest; which of the following individuals is said to have introduced the classic method for this competition?
3. What is the name of the plaza where the Palace is located, in which Lewis' unit is installed when he reunites with them in Naples?
4. When Lattarullo joins the Separatist organization for the restoration of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, he tells Lewis that which of the following is one of the leaders of the group?
5. Lewis is frustrated when no one will admit they've seen anything during his investigation of what crime, first reported to him by one of the scugnizzi?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)