|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On September 19, 1944 Lewis decides to set up a checkpoint three miles out of town, across which river?
2. While discussing the contraband confiscated by the Marshal at the checkpoint three miles outside town, Lewis says that a drum of olive oil is worth how much on the black market?
(a) 30, 000 lire.
(b) 3,000 lire.
(c) 8,000 lire.
(d) 50,000 lire.
3. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
(b) Torre del Greco.
(d) Torre Annunziata.
4. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
5. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Neapolitans serve a banquet to welcome General Mark Clark--who likes fish--the main course was what?
2. When Lewis first meets the man who will become his best informant, Vincente Lattarullo, he reports that the man is a member of which of the following professions?
3. Which of the following activities has been legally resumed in December 1943?
4. Lewis sees a man in Capaccio, whom he describes as an Italian Father Christmas, selling what at a table in his garden?
5. As Lewis and his companions prepare to land at Salerno, how does Lewis say the lecture by the Intelligence officer could have been summed up?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)