|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term refers to a drug addict, especially one addicted to heroin?
2. What do the students in the classroom turn into at the end of Chapter 10?
3. When was the Rime of the Ancient Mariner published?
4. Which of the following characters deals drugs but does not use them?
(a) The Exterminator
(b) The Sailor
(c) Bradley the Buyer
(d) The Vigilante
5. Who gets the whole group caught by the police in Chapter 3?
(a) William Lee
(b) The Rube
(c) The Vigilante
(d) Neal Cassady
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joselito’s diagnosing doctor from?
2. What does The Sailor receives what from a passing messenger after his meeting?
3. Where is the Vigilante sent for his crimes?
4. What is the Vigilante’s defense for his actions in Chapter 2?
5. What is William S. Burroughs’s middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrative style and plot structure change in “Hassan’s Rumpus Room”?
2. Where is William traveling in the beginning of “The Rube”? How does the Rube die?
3. How is Joselito described? Where is he in the beginning of the chapter named for him?
4. What is the significance of Vigilante’s character in the novel? How does the Vigilante change?
5. What happens when William Lee meets Miguel in “Lazarus Go Home”?
6. What does the character of Joselito represent symbolically?
7. Why is Willy at Hassan’s Hospital in “Hospital”? How is his situation described?
8. Why do the Sailor and “Fats” Terminal meet in “The Black Meat”? What takes place in their meeting?
9. What are the two nonhuman creatures described by the author in “The Black Meat”?
10. How does William describe the Vigilante in terms of his “humanity”?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)