|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to the condition of being sexually attracted to children?
2. Who discusses Joselito’s treatment options with the doctor?
(a) James Freeman
(b) Carl Peterson
(c) Mary Smith
(d) William Lee
3. Where is Willy the Agent’s detoxification unit?
(a) Brooklyn Hospital
(b) Hassan's Hospital
(c) Andersonville Hospital
(d) Freeland Hospital
4. What leads the patients at Dr. Benway’s psychiatric hospital being freed?
(a) The Sailor's Entourage
(b) A computer malfunction
(c) The Vigilante's diatribes
(d) Mrs. Molly's cats
5. In what year was Naked Lunch originally published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters deals drugs but does not use them?
2. When was the Rime of the Ancient Mariner published?
3. What subway train does William take uptown in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 3, where is the group headed?
5. Where does Jane die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the setting and characters described in the beginning of “Hassan’s Rumpus Room”?
2. What is symbolized by in Annexia and Freeland?
3. What are the two nonhuman creatures described by the author in “The Black Meat”?
4. William looks down on the other passengers of the bus because they do not know anything about the drug subculture but pretend to in “And Start West.” Why is this significant to the novel’s themes?
5. What is symbolized by Dr. Benway’s operation in “Hospital”?
6. Why do the Sailor and “Fats” Terminal meet in “The Black Meat”? What takes place in their meeting?
7. Where is William traveling in the beginning of “The Rube”? How does the Rube die?
8. How is the setting of “Campus of Interzone University” described? What is the Professor lecturing about at the beginning of the chapter?
9. How is the plot structure of “And Start West” different from the plot structures of the other vignettes in the novel?
10. What is the significance of Vigilante’s character in the novel? How does the Vigilante change?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)