|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner”?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(b) William Wordsworth
(c) James Keating
(d) Christopher Columbus
2. How does NG Joe administer heroin to help with his disorder?
(a) Snorting it
(b) Arm injections
(c) Smoking it
(d) Spinal injections
3. What part of their body are Mugwumps missing?
4. Which of the following is typical of The Vigilantes early?
(a) Weeping in prison
(b) Wildly shooting a gun
(c) Arresting drug dealers
(d) Conducting psychological experiments
5. Where do two types of organisms meet and engage in drug deals in Chapter 6?
(a) Jules's Cafe
(b) Hassan's Hospital
(c) Merrymount Village
(d) Meet Cafe
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following refers to a sensory experience of something that does not exist outside the mind?
2. One of Williams drug induced visions involves a Guard wearing a suit made of what?
3. What does The Sailor receives what from a passing messenger after his meeting?
4. What time does William Lee meet Miguel in Chapter 8?
5. Where is the Vigilante sent for his crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolized by Dr. Benway’s operation in “Hospital”?
2. Where is William traveling in the beginning of “The Rube”? How does the Rube die?
3. What is symbolized by the Professor’s lecture in “Campus of Interzone University”?
4. How does William deal with the deaths of his friends in “The Rube”? Why is this significant?
5. What are the two nonhuman creatures described by the author in “The Black Meat”?
6. What does the character of Joselito represent symbolically?
7. How is Joselito described? Where is he in the beginning of the chapter named for him?
8. How does William describe the Vigilante in terms of his “humanity”?
9. What is symbolized by the disease Bang-utot in the narrative?
10. How is the plot structure of “And Start West” different from the plot structures of the other vignettes in the novel?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)