|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of William in Naked Lunch?
(b) He is known only as The Sailor
2. The Vigilante is described as though he were located where in Chapter 2?
(a) An insane asylum
(b) His mother's house
(c) A church
(d) A courtroom
3. Which of the following is typical of The Vigilantes early?
(a) Weeping in prison
(b) Arresting drug dealers
(c) Wildly shooting a gun
(d) Conducting psychological experiments
4. According to William, what is lost during both the using of drugs and the forced rehabilitation of a person?
(a) Money and games
(b) Essential freedom
(c) Personal beauty
(d) Essential humanity
5. What is William S. Burroughs’s middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jane die?
2. What is the Vigilante’s defense for his actions in Chapter 2?
3. Who gets the whole group caught by the police in Chapter 3?
4. In what year was Naked Lunch originally published?
5. How does the Vigilante change physically during his sentence?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)