|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The information involves which of the following?
2. Who finds the body?
3. Roarke shows Dallas which piece of illegal equipment?
4. Dallas makes a thorough search of which facility?
5. How many killers does Dallas think are involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene in which Dallas visits Roarke's personal shooting range for the first time.
2. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
3. Examine the scene in which Roarke is interrogated regarding the weapons used in the murders.
4. Discuss the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Mavis.
5. Discuss the interaction between Dallas and Georgie Castle's daughter Samantha.
6. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
7. What new piece of information is uncovered after Dallas watches the killer's videos once again?
8. What information is uncovered using the unregistered system? How is the information important to the case?
9. Discuss the phone call from Roarke to Dallas.
10. What information does Dallas receive regarding the death of her elderly neighbor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roarke is a mysterious man with a shady past, attracted to the top homicide cop in the New York Police and Security Department. Examine Roarke's past. Compare and contrast Roarke's history with Eve's. How do they compare? Why doesn't Roarke have a first and last name? Where does he come from? How did he meet Eve? What is their relationship like? How did Roarke make his billions? How does the fact that Roarke is so rich help or hinder Eve's investigations?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
Essay Topic 3
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)