|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the reporter give to Dallas?
2. How many years has the couple been divorced?
3. Approximately how long will Roarke be gone?
4. What item of Dallas' becomes torn?
5. Dallas thinks the reporter's source is which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
2. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
3. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
4. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
5. Discuss one of the new observations and potential angles discovered by Dallas.
6. What new piece of information is uncovered after Dallas watches the killer's videos once again?
7. Discuss the interaction between Dallas and Georgie Castle's daughter Samantha.
8. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
9. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
10. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dallas' conflict regarding Roarke. What is Dallas' opinion of Roarke? What happened to make Dallas' opinion change? How does the blossoming relationship with Roarke affect the investigation? Why does Simpson object to the relationship? Is it a conflict of interest? How does Dallas feel about the timing of the courtship? What makes Roarke so determined? Is Dallas intimidated by Roarke, his notoriety, material possessions or money? What is Dallas' opinion of Roarke's house? Do you think there could ever be a place in Dallas' life for someone like Roarke or vice versa? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)