|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cop who jokes with Eve?
2. Roarke announces that he is leaving to go to which location?
3. Who is the owner of the murder weapon?
4. How many killers does Dallas think are involved?
5. What is the older woman's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
2. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
3. What new piece of information is uncovered after Dallas watches the killer's videos once again?
4. What information does Dallas receive regarding the death of her elderly neighbor?
5. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
6. Explain the scene in which Dallas visits Roarke's personal shooting range for the first time.
7. Discuss the interaction between Dallas and Georgie Castle's daughter Samantha.
8. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
9. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
10. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the act of incest. What are the legal and medical definitions of incest? What are the parameters? Is it illegal? Is it harmful physically, mentally, emotionally - all or none of the above? How does an average person define incest? What are the cultural references and perceptions regarding incest? Do both parties have to consent? Who are the most common victims of incest? Is there any form of treatment?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
Essay Topic 3
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)