|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how long will Roarke be gone?
2. What animal does Dallas find in the apartment?
3. What information does the reporter give to Dallas?
4. Dallas is eligible to receive which of the following?
5. Roarke announces that he is leaving to go to which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
2. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
3. Explain the scene in which Dallas visits Roarke's personal shooting range for the first time.
4. What interaction does Dallas have with a reporter after the press conference is over? What disturbing event takes place?
5. Discuss the purpose of Roarke's trip to Free Star. Why is Roarke secretive about the trip?
6. What animal does Dallas find at the scene? Why does the animal seem important?
7. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
8. Examine the scene in which Roarke is interrogated regarding the weapons used in the murders.
9. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
10. Discuss the interaction between Dallas and Georgie Castle's daughter Samantha.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dallas' conflict regarding Roarke. What is Dallas' opinion of Roarke? What happened to make Dallas' opinion change? How does the blossoming relationship with Roarke affect the investigation? Why does Simpson object to the relationship? Is it a conflict of interest? How does Dallas feel about the timing of the courtship? What makes Roarke so determined? Is Dallas intimidated by Roarke, his notoriety, material possessions or money? What is Dallas' opinion of Roarke's house? Do you think there could ever be a place in Dallas' life for someone like Roarke or vice versa? Explain.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)