|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police psychiatrist?
2. The information involves which of the following?
3. Dallas thinks the reporter's source is which of the following?
4. Who finds the body?
5. Dallas learns that Simpson is the victim of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss one of the new observations and potential angles discovered by Dallas.
2. Examine the scene in which Roarke is interrogated regarding the weapons used in the murders.
3. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
4. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
5. Describe the next routine step that should be taken by Dallas and Feeney.
6. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
7. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
8. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
9. Discuss the purpose of Roarke's trip to Free Star. Why is Roarke secretive about the trip?
10. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is clear from the beginning that Summerset is a valuable part of Roarke's life. Examine the relationship between Roarke and Summerset. How is Summerset different from a typical employee? How long have the men known each other? What is their relationship on a personal level? What exactly is Summerset's job? What is the relationship between Dallas and Summerset? Do they really hate each other? If so, why? Do they really feel about each other on the inside as it appears on the outside? What makes them tolerant of one another?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
Essay Topic 3
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)