|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dallas discusses suffering from which of the following issues?
2. Dallas compares Summerset's voice to which food?
3. What color is the victim's pet?
4. Approximately how much money does Sharon De Blass have in a hidden account?
5. Dallas immediately sends the information to ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dallas's reaction to Feeney's search of Sharon De Blass' financial information?
2. What animal does Dallas find at the scene? Why does the animal seem important?
3. Describe the next routine step that should be taken by Dallas and Feeney.
4. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
5. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
6. Discuss the purpose of Roarke's trip to Free Star. Why is Roarke secretive about the trip?
7. What information does Dallas receive regarding the death of her elderly neighbor?
8. What is the exchange that takes place between Dallas and Chief of Police Simpson?
9. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
10. What new piece of information is uncovered after Dallas watches the killer's videos once again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is a special relationship between Dr. Charlotte Mira and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What are the aspects of the personal relationship versus the professional relationship? What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? Has Dallas ever been a patient of Mira's? What kinds of things might they discuss when not talking about work? How often do Mira and Dallas work together? Does the work ever interfere with their personal lives? How does Mira get along with Roarke?
Essay Topic 3
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Sharon, Catherine, and Senator De Blass. What would Mira say about the incestuous relationships? Is De Blass perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might De Blass or his victims have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)