|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Dallas in her office at Cop Central?
2. Dallas makes a thorough search of which facility?
3. Where is Roarke when he calls Dallas?
4. What is the cause of death of the old man?
5. What is the name of the cop who jokes with Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
2. What interaction does Dallas have with a reporter after the press conference is over? What disturbing event takes place?
3. Examine the scene in which Roarke is interrogated regarding the weapons used in the murders.
4. What other piece of incriminating evidence does Dallas find during her search of Sharon's bank accounts?
5. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
6. What is the exchange that takes place between Dallas and Chief of Police Simpson?
7. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
8. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
9. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
10. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)