|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dallas re-runs the videos, she notes that the killer exhibits ____ but only in the first video.
2. Roarke shows Dallas which piece of illegal equipment?
3. Who finds the body?
4. Senator De Blass is a representative of which party?
5. What is the victim's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Mavis.
2. What animal does Dallas find at the scene? Why does the animal seem important?
3. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
4. What interaction does Dallas have with a reporter after the press conference is over? What disturbing event takes place?
5. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
6. Describe the next routine step that should be taken by Dallas and Feeney.
7. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
8. Examine the scene in which Roarke is interrogated regarding the weapons used in the murders.
9. Discuss one of the new observations and potential angles discovered by Dallas.
10. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the act of incest. What are the legal and medical definitions of incest? What are the parameters? Is it illegal? Is it harmful physically, mentally, emotionally - all or none of the above? How does an average person define incest? What are the cultural references and perceptions regarding incest? Do both parties have to consent? Who are the most common victims of incest? Is there any form of treatment?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 3
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)