|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term often used to describe a police station?
2. Dallas is reprimanded for her ________ involving Roarke.
3. Approximately how much money does Sharon De Blass have in a hidden account?
4. Dallas discusses suffering from which of the following issues?
5. What is the surname of the next victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
2. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
3. Describe the next routine step that should be taken by Dallas and Feeney.
4. What animal does Dallas find at the scene? Why does the animal seem important?
5. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
6. Discuss the phone call from Roarke to Dallas.
7. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
8. What information is uncovered using the unregistered system? How is the information important to the case?
9. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
10. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Sharon, Catherine, and Senator De Blass. What would Mira say about the incestuous relationships? Is De Blass perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might De Blass or his victims have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the life and career of Senator Gerald De Blass. What is De Blass' background? What are his professional credentials? Why is he so important? What is De Blass' relationship with the following: Elizabeth, Richard, Catherine, and Sharon? What is Dallas' opinion of De Blass? How does De Blass help or hinder the case? Who interferes on De Blass' behalf? Why? What about De Blass makes Dallas suspicious? Compare and contrast the personalities of Dallas and De Blass. What are the biggest similarities? Which is more determined? Which has the strongest character?
Essay Topic 3
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)