|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Dallas in her office at Cop Central?
2. How is the latest gun purchased?
3. What is the occupation of Elizabeth Barrister?
4. What color is the victim's pet?
5. Who is waiting at the police station to be interviewed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
2. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
3. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
4. What other piece of incriminating evidence does Dallas find during her search of Sharon's bank accounts?
5. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
6. Discuss the phone call from Roarke to Dallas.
7. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
8. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
9. What information is uncovered using the unregistered system? How is the information important to the case?
10. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Sharon De Blass. What types of things would Sharon be most proud of in her career? What other types of professional work might Sharon have done other than her job as a prostitute? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her parents, Senator De Blass, Catherine, and Roarke? Would Sharon have any idea that she might be murdered for her actions? Does Sharon take any precautions against violence? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story from Mavis Freestone's point of view regarding her first meeting with Dallas. How do the two women become friends? Do the women have anything in common at all? If so, what? How might Mavis fit in to Dallas' new life with Roarke? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
Essay Topic 3
It is clear from the beginning that Summerset is a valuable part of Roarke's life. Examine the relationship between Roarke and Summerset. How is Summerset different from a typical employee? How long have the men known each other? What is their relationship on a personal level? What exactly is Summerset's job? What is the relationship between Dallas and Summerset? Do they really hate each other? If so, why? Do they really feel about each other on the inside as it appears on the outside? What makes them tolerant of one another?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)