|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chief orders Dallas to do which of the following?
2. Who conducts the interview?
3. What item is supplied to Dallas by the psychiatrist?
4. Roarke feels the need to apologize when he learns that Dallas has been _____.
5. Who is the owner of the murder weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene in which Dallas visits Roarke's personal shooting range for the first time.
2. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
3. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
4. What new piece of information is uncovered after Dallas watches the killer's videos once again?
5. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
6. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
7. What information does Dallas receive regarding the death of her elderly neighbor?
8. What is the exchange that takes place between Dallas and Chief of Police Simpson?
9. Discuss the interaction between Dallas and Georgie Castle's daughter Samantha.
10. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the act of incest. What are the legal and medical definitions of incest? What are the parameters? Is it illegal? Is it harmful physically, mentally, emotionally - all or none of the above? How does an average person define incest? What are the cultural references and perceptions regarding incest? Do both parties have to consent? Who are the most common victims of incest? Is there any form of treatment?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
Essay Topic 3
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)