|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item in Dallas' car is repaired by Roarke?
2. What personal item does Dallas take from the crime scene?
3. Roarke announces that he is leaving to go to which location?
4. What is the name of the police psychiatrist?
5. What is the name of Roarke's major domo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the phone call from Roarke to Dallas.
2. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
3. What is Dallas's reaction to Feeney's search of Sharon De Blass' financial information?
4. What incident occurs shortly before Dallas reaches her apartment? What does Dallas do?
5. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
6. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
7. What interaction does Dallas have with a reporter after the press conference is over? What disturbing event takes place?
8. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
9. Discuss the purpose of Roarke's trip to Free Star. Why is Roarke secretive about the trip?
10. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story from Mavis Freestone's point of view regarding her first meeting with Dallas. How do the two women become friends? Do the women have anything in common at all? If so, what? How might Mavis fit in to Dallas' new life with Roarke? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)