|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of images are introduced into the story?
2. Which of the following makes an anonymous call to Dallas?
3. What type of meeting is Roarke attending while he's away?
4. Who is in charge of the press conference?
5. What is a term often used to describe a police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
2. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
3. Describe the next routine step that should be taken by Dallas and Feeney.
4. What animal does Dallas find at the scene? Why does the animal seem important?
5. What interaction does Dallas have with a reporter after the press conference is over? What disturbing event takes place?
6. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
7. Discuss the interaction between Dallas and Georgie Castle's daughter Samantha.
8. What incident occurs shortly before Dallas reaches her apartment? What does Dallas do?
9. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
10. What is the exchange that takes place between Dallas and Chief of Police Simpson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a special relationship between Captain Ryan Feeney and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? How often do Feeney and Dallas work together? Who has rank? Does rank ever interfere with their personal or professional lives? How does Feeney get along with Roarke? How might the relationship change if one of them were to be transferred?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on Naked in Death. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, and story detail. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)