|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What database is commonly used by Dallas and the rest of the police force when attempting to locate known felons?
2. What is the occupation of Elizabeth Barrister?
3. What item of Dallas' becomes torn?
4. Who appears in Dallas' dreams that night?
5. What is the name of the police psychiatrist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene in which Dallas visits Roarke's personal shooting range for the first time.
2. Discuss the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Mavis.
3. Describe the next routine step that should be taken by Dallas and Feeney.
4. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
5. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
6. Discuss the interaction between Dallas and Georgie Castle's daughter Samantha.
7. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
8. What interaction does Dallas have with a reporter after the press conference is over? What disturbing event takes place?
9. What information does Dallas receive regarding the death of her elderly neighbor?
10. Discuss one of the new observations and potential angles discovered by Dallas.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Sharon, Catherine, and Senator De Blass. What would Mira say about the incestuous relationships? Is De Blass perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might De Blass or his victims have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)