|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The information involves which of the following?
2. Approximately how much money does Sharon De Blass have in a hidden account?
3. Dallas discusses which of the following with Roarke?
4. What type of images are introduced into the story?
5. What is the reporter's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
2. What other piece of incriminating evidence does Dallas find during her search of Sharon's bank accounts?
3. Examine the scene in which Roarke is interrogated regarding the weapons used in the murders.
4. Explain the scene in which Dallas visits Roarke's personal shooting range for the first time.
5. Roarke introduces Dallas to a room full of special equipment. Discuss the special equipment owned and operated by Roarke.
6. Discuss the press conference held by Chief Simpson. Where is it held? Who attends?
7. Discuss the anonymous phone call received by Dallas. What is the information received during the phone call? What is the identity of the caller?
8. Discuss the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Mavis.
9. What is the exchange that takes place between Dallas and Chief of Police Simpson?
10. What is Dallas's reaction to Feeney's search of Sharon De Blass' financial information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Sharon, Catherine, and Senator De Blass. What would Mira say about the incestuous relationships? Is De Blass perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might De Blass or his victims have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Sharon De Blass. What types of things would Sharon be most proud of in her career? What other types of professional work might Sharon have done other than her job as a prostitute? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her parents, Senator De Blass, Catherine, and Roarke? Would Sharon have any idea that she might be murdered for her actions? Does Sharon take any precautions against violence? Explain.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)