|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Sharon's mother?
2. What is the name of Sharon's father?
3. What item would have been extremely useful until it is compromised?
4. Who is Dallas scheduled to meet the next morning?
5. According to Dallas' computer, what is the probability that her main suspect is the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
2. Explain one of the biggest differences in law enforcement in 2058.
3. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
4. What unusual action does Dallas take when she arrives at the Lola Starr crime scene?
5. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
6. What does Dallas learn from her investigation at De Blass' apartment?
7. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
8. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
9. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
10. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
Essay Topic 3
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)