|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dallas' commander?
2. What is the name of the police department where Eve Dallas works?
3. What does the killer force Starr to call him?
4. Who owns the building where Sharon De Blass lived?
5. What is the name of the artist who painted Mavis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction does Dallas have with a reporter after the press conference is over? What disturbing event takes place?
2. What does Dallas discover when she returns to Sharon De Blass' apartment?
3. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
4. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
5. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
6. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
7. What information does Dallas receive from Elizabeth Barrister? What information does Dallas receive about Roarke?
8. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
9. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
10. Describe the interview between Dallas and Charles Monroe.
Essay Topic 1
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Sharon, Catherine, and Senator De Blass. What would Mira say about the incestuous relationships? Is De Blass perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might De Blass or his victims have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
Essay Topic 3
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
This section contains 2,534 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)