|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police department where Eve Dallas works?
2. Who accompanies Dallas on the trip?
3. The friends are scheduled to go out to a nightclub in which location?
4. Who does Dallas meet at the funeral?
5. What kind of wine does Roarke take to Dallas' apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
2. What unusual action does Dallas take when she arrives at the Lola Starr crime scene?
3. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
4. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
5. What present does Dallas received from Roarke? Why is the present the perfect choice?
6. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
7. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
8. Describe the interview between Dallas and Charles Monroe.
9. What prompts Dallas to give De Blass the requested information?
10. What is Dallas's general opinion of the testing procedure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roarke tries hard to stay on the straight and narrow for the most part, although he is willing to step over the line if it will help Eve and her murder investigations. How does Roarke assist? Does Eve know about the illegal activity? Does she approve? What is the "unregistered?" How does it aid the investigations? What are Roarke's specialties? Who else knows about Roarke's special skills? How do the other cops feel about Roarke? Do you think Roarke's place in Eve's life could hinder her work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Mira brings up Eve's childhood and the circumstances surrounding her trauma. Discuss Eve's childhood. What happensto traumatize the girl? How old is she when she is found? Where is she found? Who finds her? What events lead up to Eve's entry into the state foster care system? Where are Eve's parents? What are the known and unknown factors about Eve's life? What is her real name? Why do you think Eve is unable to remember the majority of her childhood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)