Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Dallas use to describe the clientele of the club?
2. What item does Dallas lose on her return trip?
3. How does Sharon's mother describe their relationship?
4. What item is delivered before Dallas returns home?
5. What does Roarke suggest for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
2. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
3. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
4. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
5. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
6. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
7. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
8. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
9. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
10. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Sharon De Blass. What types of things would Sharon be most proud of in her career? What other types of professional work might Sharon have done other than her job as a prostitute? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her parents, Senator De Blass, Catherine, and Roarke? Would Sharon have any idea that she might be murdered for her actions? Does Sharon take any precautions against violence? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dallas' conflict regarding Roarke. What is Dallas' opinion of Roarke? What happened to make Dallas' opinion change? How does the blossoming relationship with Roarke affect the investigation? Why does Simpson object to the relationship? Is it a conflict of interest? How does Dallas feel about the timing of the courtship? What makes Roarke so determined? Is Dallas intimidated by Roarke, his notoriety, material possessions or money? What is Dallas' opinion of Roarke's house? Do you think there could ever be a place in Dallas' life for someone like Roarke or vice versa? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There is a special relationship between Dr. Charlotte Mira and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What are the aspects of the personal relationship versus the professional relationship? What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? Has Dallas ever been a patient of Mira's? What kinds of things might they discuss when not talking about work? How often do Mira and Dallas work together? Does the work ever interfere with their personal lives? How does Mira get along with Roarke?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)