|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. De Blass is able to make such demands because of his relationship with _____.
2. What is inside the package?
3. What major event happens the evening before the story begins?
4. Dallas is told to visit which person at his/her office?
5. What is the name of Sharon's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
2. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
3. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
4. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
5. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
6. What information does Dallas receive from Elizabeth Barrister? What information does Dallas receive about Roarke?
7. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
8. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
9. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
10. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on Naked in Death. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, and story detail. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
It is clear from the beginning that Summerset is a valuable part of Roarke's life. Examine the relationship between Roarke and Summerset. How is Summerset different from a typical employee? How long have the men known each other? What is their relationship on a personal level? What exactly is Summerset's job? What is the relationship between Dallas and Summerset? Do they really hate each other? If so, why? Do they really feel about each other on the inside as it appears on the outside? What makes them tolerant of one another?
Essay Topic 3
Roarke is a mysterious man with a shady past, attracted to the top homicide cop in the New York Police and Security Department. Examine Roarke's past. Compare and contrast Roarke's history with Eve's. How do they compare? Why doesn't Roarke have a first and last name? Where does he come from? How did he meet Eve? What is their relationship like? How did Roarke make his billions? How does the fact that Roarke is so rich help or hinder Eve's investigations?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)