Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Dallas use to describe the clientele of the club?
2. What item does Dallas lose on her return trip?
3. How does Sharon's mother describe their relationship?
4. What item is delivered before Dallas returns home?
5. What does Roarke suggest for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
2. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
3. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
4. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
5. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
6. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
7. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
8. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
9. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
10. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
Dr. Mira brings up Eve's childhood and the circumstances surrounding her trauma. Discuss Eve's childhood. What happensto traumatize the girl? How old is she when she is found? Where is she found? Who finds her? What events lead up to Eve's entry into the state foster care system? Where are Eve's parents? What are the known and unknown factors about Eve's life? What is her real name? Why do you think Eve is unable to remember the majority of her childhood? Explain.
Examine the act of incest. What are the legal and medical definitions of incest? What are the parameters? Is it illegal? Is it harmful physically, mentally, emotionally - all or none of the above? How does an average person define incest? What are the cultural references and perceptions regarding incest? Do both parties have to consent? Who are the most common victims of incest? Is there any form of treatment?
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into Naked in Death. Which character is the strongest? Which is the weakest? Which is the easiest to understand? Are the characters realistic? Are the modern advances used in the story believable? Which is your favorite modern day gadget? Are there any cons to the story line? Explain.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)