|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friends are scheduled to go out to a nightclub in which location?
2. What is the man's occupation?
3. What color suit does Dallas wear to the funeral?
4. How old is the woman?
5. Where is the meeting scheduled to take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dallas's general opinion of the testing procedure?
2. What prompts Dallas to give De Blass the requested information?
3. What present does Dallas received from Roarke? Why is the present the perfect choice?
4. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
5. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
6. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
7. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
8. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
9. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
10. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a special relationship between Captain Ryan Feeney and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? How often do Feeney and Dallas work together? Who has rank? Does rank ever interfere with their personal or professional lives? How does Feeney get along with Roarke? How might the relationship change if one of them were to be transferred?
Essay Topic 2
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Mira brings up Eve's childhood and the circumstances surrounding her trauma. Discuss Eve's childhood. What happensto traumatize the girl? How old is she when she is found? Where is she found? Who finds her? What events lead up to Eve's entry into the state foster care system? Where are Eve's parents? What are the known and unknown factors about Eve's life? What is her real name? Why do you think Eve is unable to remember the majority of her childhood? Explain.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)