|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sharon's mother professes utter confusion over Sharon's ____.
2. Who does Dallas find at the scene of the next crime?
3. What is the name of the club where Mavis works?
4. What is the name of Dallas' commander?
5. What is the term used in the book referring to Starr's entrance into her business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the item found by Dallas at her apartment. What is the significance of the item?
2. What information does Dallas receive from Elizabeth Barrister? What information does Dallas receive about Roarke?
3. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
4. What does Dallas discover when she returns to Sharon De Blass' apartment?
5. Who are the next two people Dallas investigates? What is the basic information on each?
6. What prompts Dallas to give De Blass the requested information?
7. What unpleasant information does Dallas receive from her commander?
8. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
9. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
10. What is Dallas's general opinion of the testing procedure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roarke is a mysterious man with a shady past, attracted to the top homicide cop in the New York Police and Security Department. Examine Roarke's past. Compare and contrast Roarke's history with Eve's. How do they compare? Why doesn't Roarke have a first and last name? Where does he come from? How did he meet Eve? What is their relationship like? How did Roarke make his billions? How does the fact that Roarke is so rich help or hinder Eve's investigations?
Essay Topic 2
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
It is clear from the beginning that Summerset is a valuable part of Roarke's life. Examine the relationship between Roarke and Summerset. How is Summerset different from a typical employee? How long have the men known each other? What is their relationship on a personal level? What exactly is Summerset's job? What is the relationship between Dallas and Summerset? Do they really hate each other? If so, why? Do they really feel about each other on the inside as it appears on the outside? What makes them tolerant of one another?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)