|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The friends are scheduled to go out to a nightclub in which location?
2. Dallas demands to interview which character?
3. Who is the victim?
4. What unusual weapon is found at the scene?
5. What telling item is found at this particular crime scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
2. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
3. What present does Dallas received from Roarke? Why is the present the perfect choice?
4. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
5. Discuss the phone call from Roarke to Dallas.
6. What is Roarke's reaction to the interview? Who steps in to defend Dallas?
7. What piece of incriminating evidence is found in Sharon's diary?
8. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
9. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
10. Discuss one of the new observations and potential angles discovered by Dallas.
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Mira brings up Eve's childhood and the circumstances surrounding her trauma. Discuss Eve's childhood. What happensto traumatize the girl? How old is she when she is found? Where is she found? Who finds her? What events lead up to Eve's entry into the state foster care system? Where are Eve's parents? What are the known and unknown factors about Eve's life? What is her real name? Why do you think Eve is unable to remember the majority of her childhood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)