|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the office located?
2. Roarke worries about Dallas' obvious ____.
3. What color suit does Dallas wear to the funeral?
4. How many years has the pair been friends?
5. What is the name of the next victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
2. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
3. What happens to Dallas when she is on her way to Roarke's house?
4. Discuss the item found by Dallas at her apartment. What is the significance of the item?
5. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
6. Explain one of the biggest differences in law enforcement in 2058.
7. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
8. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
9. Describe the interview between Dallas and Charles Monroe.
10. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Sharon De Blass. What types of things would Sharon be most proud of in her career? What other types of professional work might Sharon have done other than her job as a prostitute? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her parents, Senator De Blass, Catherine, and Roarke? Would Sharon have any idea that she might be murdered for her actions? Does Sharon take any precautions against violence? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the life and career of Senator Gerald De Blass. What is De Blass' background? What are his professional credentials? Why is he so important? What is De Blass' relationship with the following: Elizabeth, Richard, Catherine, and Sharon? What is Dallas' opinion of De Blass? How does De Blass help or hinder the case? Who interferes on De Blass' behalf? Why? What about De Blass makes Dallas suspicious? Compare and contrast the personalities of Dallas and De Blass. What are the biggest similarities? Which is more determined? Which has the strongest character?
Essay Topic 3
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)