|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dallas demands to interview which character?
2. Roarke asks Dallas about which of the following?
3. What kind of wine does Roarke take to Dallas' apartment?
4. What major event happens the evening before the story begins?
5. In which state is Dallas' next stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
2. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
3. What unpleasant information does Dallas receive from her commander?
4. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
5. What unusual action does Dallas take when she arrives at the Lola Starr crime scene?
6. Describe the interview between Dallas and Charles Monroe.
7. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
8. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
9. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
10. What present does Dallas received from Roarke? Why is the present the perfect choice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story from Mavis Freestone's point of view regarding her first meeting with Dallas. How do the two women become friends? Do the women have anything in common at all? If so, what? How might Mavis fit in to Dallas' new life with Roarke? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)