|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Dallas use to describe the clientele of the club?
2. What item does Dallas lose on her return trip?
3. How does Sharon's mother describe their relationship?
4. What item is delivered before Dallas returns home?
5. What does Roarke suggest for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
2. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
3. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
4. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to see Dr. Mira?
5. Discuss the scene in which the conversation between Dallas and Roarke turns to the murder of Sharon De Blass.
6. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
7. How does Dallas learn about the next murder? Who is the victim?
8. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
9. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
10. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story from Mavis Freestone's point of view regarding her first meeting with Dallas. How do the two women become friends? Do the women have anything in common at all? If so, what? How might Mavis fit in to Dallas' new life with Roarke? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
Essay Topic 2
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
There is a special relationship between Captain Ryan Feeney and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? How often do Feeney and Dallas work together? Who has rank? Does rank ever interfere with their personal or professional lives? How does Feeney get along with Roarke? How might the relationship change if one of them were to be transferred?
This section contains 2,488 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)