|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. De Blass is able to make such demands because of his relationship with _____.
2. Dallas is told to visit which person at his/her office?
3. Where is the meeting scheduled to take place?
4. Who sends a package to Dallas' apartment?
5. What is the name of the artist who painted Mavis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
2. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
3. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
4. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
5. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
6. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
7. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
8. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
9. What unusual action does Dallas take when she arrives at the Lola Starr crime scene?
10. What does Dallas learn from her investigation at De Blass' apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roarke tries hard to stay on the straight and narrow for the most part, although he is willing to step over the line if it will help Eve and her murder investigations. How does Roarke assist? Does Eve know about the illegal activity? Does she approve? What is the "unregistered?" How does it aid the investigations? What are Roarke's specialties? Who else knows about Roarke's special skills? How do the other cops feel about Roarke? Do you think Roarke's place in Eve's life could hinder her work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is a special relationship between Dr. Charlotte Mira and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What are the aspects of the personal relationship versus the professional relationship? What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? Has Dallas ever been a patient of Mira's? What kinds of things might they discuss when not talking about work? How often do Mira and Dallas work together? Does the work ever interfere with their personal lives? How does Mira get along with Roarke?
Essay Topic 3
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)