|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dallas meets the Senator and immediately pegs him as being _____.
2. Dallas ascertains that the woman will be the first of how many victims?
3. What is the last name of Sharon's mother?
4. What is the first name of the person?
5. According to Dallas' computer, what is the probability that her main suspect is the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What present does Dallas received from Roarke? Why is the present the perfect choice?
2. Describe the interview between Dallas and Charles Monroe.
3. What unpleasant information does Dallas receive from her commander?
4. Explain one of the biggest differences in law enforcement in 2058.
5. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
6. What unusual action does Dallas take when she arrives at the Lola Starr crime scene?
7. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
8. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
9. What does Dallas discover when she returns to Sharon De Blass' apartment?
10. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the act of incest. What are the legal and medical definitions of incest? What are the parameters? Is it illegal? Is it harmful physically, mentally, emotionally - all or none of the above? How does an average person define incest? What are the cultural references and perceptions regarding incest? Do both parties have to consent? Who are the most common victims of incest? Is there any form of treatment?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into Naked in Death. Which character is the strongest? Which is the weakest? Which is the easiest to understand? Are the characters realistic? Are the modern advances used in the story believable? Which is your favorite modern day gadget? Are there any cons to the story line? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Sharon, Catherine, and Senator De Blass. What would Mira say about the incestuous relationships? Is De Blass perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might De Blass or his victims have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)