|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eve's last date had tried to get ahead by offering her which of the following?
2. Who is the second person approached by Dallas regarding an alibi?
3. What is the term used in the book referring to Starr's entrance into her business?
4. What item does Feeney remove from the scene as evidence?
5. What does the killer force Starr to call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
2. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
3. Discuss the item found by Dallas at her apartment. What is the significance of the item?
4. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
5. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
6. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
7. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
8. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
9. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
10. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
Essay Topic 2
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into Naked in Death. Which character is the strongest? Which is the weakest? Which is the easiest to understand? Are the characters realistic? Are the modern advances used in the story believable? Which is your favorite modern day gadget? Are there any cons to the story line? Explain.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)