|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dallas is told to visit which person at his/her office?
2. What is the name of the man scheduled to meet the victim?
3. What department does Feeney control?
4. Dallas laments not being able to do what?
5. What is the term used in the book referring to Starr's entrance into her business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
2. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
3. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
4. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
5. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
6. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
7. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
8. What does Dallas learn from her investigation at De Blass' apartment?
9. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
10. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Mira brings up Eve's childhood and the circumstances surrounding her trauma. Discuss Eve's childhood. What happensto traumatize the girl? How old is she when she is found? Where is she found? Who finds her? What events lead up to Eve's entry into the state foster care system? Where are Eve's parents? What are the known and unknown factors about Eve's life? What is her real name? Why do you think Eve is unable to remember the majority of her childhood? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story from Mavis Freestone's point of view regarding her first meeting with Dallas. How do the two women become friends? Do the women have anything in common at all? If so, what? How might Mavis fit in to Dallas' new life with Roarke? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)