|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Roarke break in Dallas' apartment?
2. What is the relationship between Roarke and the De Blass family?
3. What is the woman's hometown?
4. Eve's last date had tried to get ahead by offering her which of the following?
5. What item would have been extremely useful until it is compromised?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
2. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
3. What does Dallas discover when she returns to Sharon De Blass' apartment?
4. Discuss the item found by Dallas at her apartment. What is the significance of the item?
5. What prompts Dallas to give De Blass the requested information?
6. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
7. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
8. Who are the next two people Dallas investigates? What is the basic information on each?
9. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
10. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roarke is a mysterious man with a shady past, attracted to the top homicide cop in the New York Police and Security Department. Examine Roarke's past. Compare and contrast Roarke's history with Eve's. How do they compare? Why doesn't Roarke have a first and last name? Where does he come from? How did he meet Eve? What is their relationship like? How did Roarke make his billions? How does the fact that Roarke is so rich help or hinder Eve's investigations?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
Essay Topic 3
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)