|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the building where Sharon De Blass lived?
2. What type of food do the friends eventually order?
3. The friends are scheduled to go out to a nightclub in which location?
4. What is the name of the club where Mavis works?
5. What does the victim's grandfather do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the first scene in the book which takes place at Dallas's apartment.
2. Discuss the item found by Dallas at her apartment. What is the significance of the item?
3. What unpleasant information does Dallas receive from her commander?
4. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
5. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
6. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
7. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
8. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
9. What information does Dallas receive from Elizabeth Barrister? What information does Dallas receive about Roarke?
10. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)