|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police department where Eve Dallas works?
2. What telling item is found at this particular crime scene?
3. What is the name of Sharon's mother?
4. What is inside the package?
5. What is the name of the next victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
2. What is Dallas's general opinion of the testing procedure?
3. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
4. What present does Dallas received from Roarke? Why is the present the perfect choice?
5. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
6. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
7. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
8. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
9. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
10. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story from Mavis Freestone's point of view regarding her first meeting with Dallas. How do the two women become friends? Do the women have anything in common at all? If so, what? How might Mavis fit in to Dallas' new life with Roarke? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas and Whitney have an interesting professional relationship. Although Whitney is Dallas' commander, it is clear that he also respects her as a cop and as a person. Dallas feels the same way about Whitney. Explain how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Whitney's style of leadership has helped Dallas form her own style. What are the similarities? Despite Dallas' rage over the incident with Simpson, she manages to keep relatively cool. How is that possible? Is it out of respect for Whitney, because of her position on the force or something else? How does Whitney react to the news about Simpson? What is Whitney's background and how does it compare to Dallas' background?
Essay Topic 3
Roarke is a mysterious man with a shady past, attracted to the top homicide cop in the New York Police and Security Department. Examine Roarke's past. Compare and contrast Roarke's history with Eve's. How do they compare? Why doesn't Roarke have a first and last name? Where does he come from? How did he meet Eve? What is their relationship like? How did Roarke make his billions? How does the fact that Roarke is so rich help or hinder Eve's investigations?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)