|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman do for a living?
2. What is the name of Eve's best friend?
3. What item would have been extremely useful until it is compromised?
4. Eve's last date had tried to get ahead by offering her which of the following?
5. What does the killer force Starr to call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the next two people Dallas investigates? What is the basic information on each?
2. What startling piece of evidence is found in the ledger?
3. What incident occurs shortly before Dallas reaches her apartment? What does Dallas do?
4. Discuss the phone call from Roarke to Dallas.
5. Explain the scene that takes place the next morning between Dallas and Roarke.
6. Examine the scene in which Roarke is interrogated regarding the weapons used in the murders.
7. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
8. What present does Dallas received from Roarke? Why is the present the perfect choice?
9. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
10. What information does Dallas receive regarding the death of her elderly neighbor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sharon De Blass is the daughter of Richard De Blass and Elizabeth Barrister. Discuss the relationship between Sharon and her parents. What is the relationship between Sharon and her mother? What is the relationship between Sharon and her father? Compare and contrast the parent/child relationships. How do Sharon's decisions ultimately affect each person? Can the relationships ever be repaired? Does anyone want to try to repair the relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is a special relationship between Captain Ryan Feeney and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? How often do Feeney and Dallas work together? Who has rank? Does rank ever interfere with their personal or professional lives? How does Feeney get along with Roarke? How might the relationship change if one of them were to be transferred?
Essay Topic 3
Naked in Death is staged in New York City in 2058. Examine why Roberts chooses to set the story in that particular location and time period. What are the biggest telltale signs that the story takes place in the future? What items are present in the story that are not currently invented or in common usage in today's world? Do you think the situations, events, and equipment are feasible and realistic for 2058? Explain. What else might be added to the story to make it seem even more futuristic? Are there any elements that seem out of place? Explain.
This section contains 2,442 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)