|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Dallas find when she returns home from her shift at the NYPSD?
2. What item does Dallas lose on her return trip?
3. Against her will Dallas is forced to give ____ to De Blass.
4. Dallas tells her companion that they are sure to be followed by _____.
5. What is the name of Mr. De Blass' sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
2. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
3. Explain the scene between Roarke and Dallas when she barges into his office.
4. Describe the interview between Dallas and Charles Monroe.
5. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
6. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
7. What unpleasant information does Dallas receive from her commander?
8. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
9. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
10. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Eve Dallas. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Dallas go next? Will Dallas ever shed the horror of her past? Will Dallas ever get used to having people in her life who love her? How might her relationships with Roarke, Peabody and the others change in future books?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the life and career of Senator Gerald De Blass. What is De Blass' background? What are his professional credentials? Why is he so important? What is De Blass' relationship with the following: Elizabeth, Richard, Catherine, and Sharon? What is Dallas' opinion of De Blass? How does De Blass help or hinder the case? Who interferes on De Blass' behalf? Why? What about De Blass makes Dallas suspicious? Compare and contrast the personalities of Dallas and De Blass. What are the biggest similarities? Which is more determined? Which has the strongest character?
Essay Topic 3
Assuming Dr. Mira's point of view, analyze the situation between Sharon, Catherine, and Senator De Blass. What would Mira say about the incestuous relationships? Is De Blass perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might De Blass or his victims have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)