|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What department does Feeney control?
2. What does the woman do for a living?
3. What word does Dallas use to describe the clientele of the club?
4. Who does Dallas find at the scene of the next crime?
5. Against her will Dallas is forced to give ____ to De Blass.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
2. Describe the interview between Dallas and Charles Monroe.
3. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
4. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
5. What are the consequences of Dallas's actions?
6. Explain Dallas' meeting with Senator Gerald De Blass. What is Dallas' reaction to the meeting?
7. What unusual action does Dallas take when she arrives at the Lola Starr crime scene?
8. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
9. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
10. Discuss the item found by Dallas at her apartment. What is the significance of the item?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a special relationship between Dr. Charlotte Mira and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What are the aspects of the personal relationship versus the professional relationship? What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? Has Dallas ever been a patient of Mira's? What kinds of things might they discuss when not talking about work? How often do Mira and Dallas work together? Does the work ever interfere with their personal lives? How does Mira get along with Roarke?
Essay Topic 2
It is clear from the beginning that Summerset is a valuable part of Roarke's life. Examine the relationship between Roarke and Summerset. How is Summerset different from a typical employee? How long have the men known each other? What is their relationship on a personal level? What exactly is Summerset's job? What is the relationship between Dallas and Summerset? Do they really hate each other? If so, why? Do they really feel about each other on the inside as it appears on the outside? What makes them tolerant of one another?
Essay Topic 3
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)