|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the caliber of gun used to kill Sharon De Blass?
2. What is Dallas's rank?
3. What is the name of the man scheduled to meet the victim?
4. What is the name of the person Dallas is scheduled to meet?
5. What is the name of Mr. De Blass' sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is on the list of people with whom Dallas wants to speak at the funeral?
2. What is Dallas's general opinion of the testing procedure?
3. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
4. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
5. Who surprises Dallas at her apartment? What is the occasion?
6. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
7. What does Dallas discover when she returns to Sharon De Blass' apartment?
8. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
9. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
10. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is clear from the beginning that Summerset is a valuable part of Roarke's life. Examine the relationship between Roarke and Summerset. How is Summerset different from a typical employee? How long have the men known each other? What is their relationship on a personal level? What exactly is Summerset's job? What is the relationship between Dallas and Summerset? Do they really hate each other? If so, why? Do they really feel about each other on the inside as it appears on the outside? What makes them tolerant of one another?
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has an encounter with star news reporter Nadine Furst. Analyze the relationship between Nadine and Dallas. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the women respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Does Nadine's relationship with the cases help or hinder Eve's opinion? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Mira brings up Eve's childhood and the circumstances surrounding her trauma. Discuss Eve's childhood. What happensto traumatize the girl? How old is she when she is found? Where is she found? Who finds her? What events lead up to Eve's entry into the state foster care system? Where are Eve's parents? What are the known and unknown factors about Eve's life? What is her real name? Why do you think Eve is unable to remember the majority of her childhood? Explain.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)