|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. De Blass' sister?
2. Dallas meets the Senator and immediately pegs him as being _____.
3. What is the name of Dallas' commander?
4. What is the name of the man scheduled to meet the victim?
5. What item does Dallas lose on her return trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
2. What does Dallas discover when she returns to Sharon De Blass' apartment?
3. What is Dallas's general opinion of the testing procedure?
4. Who are the next two people Dallas investigates? What is the basic information on each?
5. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
6. What is testing? What is the process Dallas must go through to complete the procedure?
7. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
8. Dallas is faced with a dilemma regarding Roarke's part in the investigation. What is the dilemma?
9. Explain one of the biggest differences in law enforcement in 2058.
10. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the life and career of Senator Gerald De Blass. What is De Blass' background? What are his professional credentials? Why is he so important? What is De Blass' relationship with the following: Elizabeth, Richard, Catherine, and Sharon? What is Dallas' opinion of De Blass? How does De Blass help or hinder the case? Who interferes on De Blass' behalf? Why? What about De Blass makes Dallas suspicious? Compare and contrast the personalities of Dallas and De Blass. What are the biggest similarities? Which is more determined? Which has the strongest character?
Essay Topic 2
There is a special relationship between Dr. Charlotte Mira and Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Examine the relationship. What are the aspects of the personal relationship versus the professional relationship? What makes it special? How did the two meet? What are details of the professional and personal relationships? Are the feelings mutual? Has Dallas ever been a patient of Mira's? What kinds of things might they discuss when not talking about work? How often do Mira and Dallas work together? Does the work ever interfere with their personal lives? How does Mira get along with Roarke?
Essay Topic 3
Roarke tries hard to stay on the straight and narrow for the most part, although he is willing to step over the line if it will help Eve and her murder investigations. How does Roarke assist? Does Eve know about the illegal activity? Does she approve? What is the "unregistered?" How does it aid the investigations? What are Roarke's specialties? Who else knows about Roarke's special skills? How do the other cops feel about Roarke? Do you think Roarke's place in Eve's life could hinder her work? Explain.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)