|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police department where Eve Dallas works?
2. What is the caliber of gun used to kill Sharon De Blass?
3. What is Dallas's rank?
4. What word does Dallas use to describe the clientele of the club?
5. Where does the sister work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Dallas' trip to Virginia? What is unusual about the scenario?
2. Explain the conversation between Dallas and Dr. Mira after the testing has taken place.
3. Explain the primary setting of Naked in Death.
4. Explain one of the biggest differences in law enforcement in 2058.
5. What is the story Dallas tells Roarke about the incident the night before Sharon De Blass' murder?
6. Explain at least one of Dallas' initial observations about the Lola Starr crime scene.
7. What is Dallas' initial opinion of Senator De Blass?
8. What event occurs as Dallas gets ready to leave for work at the NYPSD?
9. What plan is formulated by Dallas and Feeney as they leave the Senator's office? What is the purpose of the plan?
10. Discuss the introduction of Lola Starr.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Sharon De Blass. What types of things would Sharon be most proud of in her career? What other types of professional work might Sharon have done other than her job as a prostitute? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her parents, Senator De Blass, Catherine, and Roarke? Would Sharon have any idea that she might be murdered for her actions? Does Sharon take any precautions against violence? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dallas has frequent and violent nightmares about her father, being abused, and the hotel room in Dallas. Write an essay explaining Dallas' violent and traumatic childhood. What happens to Dallas' parents? Why is she so badly abused? Who ends up raising Dallas? What is the girl's real name? How does the experience change Eve? How do the circumstances affect her in the De Blass case? Do you think Dallas is able to overcome her childhood traumas? Explain. How could she stop the nightmares?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into Naked in Death. Which character is the strongest? Which is the weakest? Which is the easiest to understand? Are the characters realistic? Are the modern advances used in the story believable? Which is your favorite modern day gadget? Are there any cons to the story line? Explain.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)