|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From 1997 to 2002, Charles Wheelan was the Midwest correspondent for what publication?
(a) The Economist.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) Investors Business Daily.
(d) The Economic Times.
2. Incomes rose between 1970 and 1999, yet those who described themselves as as "very happy" decreased from 36% to what?
3. The author writes that trade helps the economy by doing what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Increasing the quality of goods.
(b) Lowering the cost of goods for consumers.
(c) Making goods more abundant.
(d) Encouraging sales and special offers.
4. What, as defined by the International Labour Organization, occurs when people are without jobs and they have actively sought work within the past four weeks?
5. What does GDP stand for?
(a) Gain and Drain Portfolio.
(b) Gems and Diamonds Per capita.
(c) Gross Domestic Product.
(d) Geographic Diversity Plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 13, when it comes to gaining economic power, it's best to avoid what, which depletes resources and limits education?
2. Where does the author live and work today?
3. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the third?
4. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was a gathering of delegates from how many nations?
5. The delegates at the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference created the World Bank, which is owned by how many member countries?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)