|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave out free medication in order to help the fight against leprosy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) The World Health Organization.
(b) The Food and Drug Administration.
(c) The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
(d) The University of Chicago.
2. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the first?
(a) National savings.
(b) Total national happiness.
3. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the fourth?
(a) Income inequality.
(b) Size of the government.
(d) National savings.
4. In finance, what between two currencies is the rate at which one currency will be exchanged for another?
(c) Exchange rate.
5. The delegates at the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference created the World Bank, which is owned by how many member countries?
Short Answer Questions
1. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was a gathering of delegates from how many nations?
2. What is the economic policy of restraining trade between states through methods such as tariffs on imported goods, restrictive quotas, and a variety of other government regulations designed to allow "fair competition" between imports and goods and services produced domestically?
3. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was commonly known as what?
4. After World War II, representatives of the Allied nations gathered together where to create a sustainable financial infrastructure for the world?
5. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was a gathering of how many delegates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be seen about the American economy by looking at the GDP, as illustrated in Chapter 9?
2. How do poor countries benefit by outsourcing and global trade, as described by the author in Chapter 12?
3. How does the author describe the importance of monetary policy in concluding the book in Chapter 13?
4. Discuss the growth rate of globalizing countries as discussed in Chapter 12. How did the globalizing countries benefit?
5. What are the motivations of those receiving subsidies, as described by the author in Chapter 8?
6. What does the GDP not factor in, according to the author in Chapter 9?
7. What does the author remark about globalization in the beginning of Chapter 12? What are the benefits of global trade?
8. How are the complications of international exchange rates described in Chapter 11?
9. How is the decline of Iceland's economy described in Chapter 11?
10. What are the benefits of the HDI versus the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)