|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Miringhoff believes the nation should have what, as described in Chapter 9?
(a) A "portfolio of morals."
(b) An army, navy, and airforce.
(c) More laws on bankers.
(d) A "social report card."
2. Mark Miringhoff is a social science professor at what institution?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Fordham University.
(c) The University of Alaska.
(d) The University of Chicago.
3. Americans today are how many times as rich as an American in the 1940s according to the author in Chapter 9?
4. According to the author in Chapter 13, some argue that high temperatures and heavy rainfall yield poor food production and and increase in what, therefore limiting a location's ability to create a thriving economy?
(d) Predator species.
5. What is an assistance paid to a business or economic sector?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the seventh?
2. The benefit of the HDI in comparison to the GDP is that the GDP does not measure what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
3. What does GDP stand for?
4. The Chinese GDP has grown substantially over the past decade, yet its success is correlated to what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
5. In lending agreements, what is a borrower's pledge of specific property to a lender, to secure repayment of a loan?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)