|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CEO stand for?
(a) Continental Energy Options.
(b) Chief Executive Officer.
(c) Cheap Everpresent Oil.
(d) Civil Engineer's Office.
2. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. What, according to the author, motivates talented teachers to leave to go onto other professions?
(a) The uniform pay scale.
(d) Supply and demand.
4. Burton G. Malkiel is an American economist, most famous for what classic finance book?
(a) Extreme Money: Masters of the Universe and the Cult of Risk.
(b) The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy.
(c) A Random Walk Down Wall Street.
(d) The Wall Street MBA: Your Personal Crash Course in Corporate Finance.
5. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
2. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
3. What refers to the increasingly global relationships of culture, people and economic activity?
4. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
5. OPEC has maintained its headquarters where since 1965?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)