|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
(a) A poison.
(b) An aphrodesiac.
(c) An alkaloid.
(d) An evil potion.
2. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
3. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the developed world when they used the "oil weapon" during what war by implementing oil embargoes?
(a) The Torah War.
(b) The Yom Kippur War.
(c) The Jerusalem War.
(d) The Gaza War.
4. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
5. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does OPEC stand for?
2. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
3. What refers to a market where prices are determined by supply and demand?
4. What refers to reasoning which constructs or evaluates deductive arguments?
5. According to the author in Chapter 1, companies want to profit, and consumers want what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)