|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contends that prices of publicly traded assets reflect all publicly available information?
(a) Adverse selection.
(b) The efficient market hypothesis.
(c) The uniform pay scale.
(d) Supply and demand.
2. What is the capital of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea?
(b) Honk Kong.
3. What is the fourth simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
(a) Insuring against risk.
(b) Raising capital.
(c) Storing, protecting and making profitable use of excess capital.
4. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
(a) A poison.
(b) An evil potion.
(c) An alkaloid.
(d) An aphrodesiac.
5. The Hope Scholarship program was shut down after how many years, according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
2. According to the author in Chapter 2, the average annual income is what in the location where black rhinoceros horns are worth much on the black market?
3. According to the author, there are two lessons to be learned from a monopoly situation. What is the first?
4. In finance, what is a derivative financial instrument that specifies a contract between two parties for a future transaction on an asset at a reference price?
5. What is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the owner as a form of compensation for the use of the assets?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)