|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
2. In what political structure does the government set the price and decide what's on the shelves?
3. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
4. What is a situation that involves losing one quality or aspect of something in return for gaining another quality or aspect?
(a) Per capita.
(d) Adverse selection.
5. Gary Becker is a professor of economics, sociology at what institution?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Fordham University.
(c) The University of Montana.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 2, a horn from a black rhinoceros can fetch what amount on the black market?
2. What term was first used in the early 1990s to denote an organization's reputation as an employer?
3. When did the Korean War end?
4. What are negative results which occur while trying to achieve a goal for the common good?
5. According to the author, the Hope Scholarships were a plan wherein students could borrow money for college and pay back their loans after they graduated using what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)