|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
2. What is generally a fungible, negotiable financial instrument representing financial value?
(b) Index fund.
3. In economics, what is a good that is non-rival and non-excludable?
(a) A public good.
(b) A corporate good.
(c) A government good.
(d) A private good.
4. According to the author, there are two lessons to be learned from a monopoly situation. What is the first?
(a) Government shouldn't actually do the work of maintaining infrastructure.
(b) Governments should provide more services.
(c) Government shouldn't provide any service that could be covered by the private sector.
(d) Governments should maintain the financial infrastructure more.
5. When was Douglas Ivester born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an investment strategy that attempts to balance risk versus reward by adjusting the percentage of each asset in an investment portfolio according to the investors risk tolerance, goals and investment time frame?
2. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the developed world when they used the "oil weapon" during what war by implementing oil embargoes?
3. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
4. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
5. In what political structure does the government set the price and decide what's on the shelves?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)