|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a professionally managed type of collective investment scheme that pools money from many investors to buy stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments, and/or other securities?
(a) Foreign Exchange Market.
(b) Mutual fund.
(c) Asset allocation.
(d) Index fund.
2. According to the author in Chapter 7, the basic set of rules and investor should follow is to do what?
(a) Research, fact check, invest.
(b) Save, invest, and repeat.
(c) Invest, watch, sell.
(d) Research, invest, watch.
3. What refers to the increasingly global relationships of culture, people and economic activity?
4. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
(a) Mutual fund.
(b) Floating exchange rate.
(c) Money market.
(d) Index fund.
5. What is an investment strategy that attempts to balance risk versus reward by adjusting the percentage of each asset in an investment portfolio according to the investors risk tolerance, goals and investment time frame?
(a) Money market.
(b) Adverse selection.
(c) Futures contract.
(d) Asset allocation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a market where prices are determined by supply and demand?
2. What is an investment position intended to offset potential losses that may be incurred by a companion investment?
3. What term was first used in the early 1990s to denote an organization's reputation as an employer?
4. What is a mathematical equation for an unknown function of one or several variables that relates the values of the function itself and its derivatives of various orders?
5. What is a political thesis of Kim Il-sung which says that the Korean masses are the masters of the country's development?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)