|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
(a) Index fund.
(b) Mutual fund.
(c) Money market.
(d) Floating exchange rate.
2. According to the author in Chapter 2, a horn from a black rhinoceros can fetch what amount on the black market?
3. A market economy delegates resources to an area where they are what, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) Least productive.
(b) Most productive.
(c) Most wealthy.
(d) Least wealthy.
4. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
5. The Cuban Revolution deposed what dictator?
(a) Roberto Goizueta.
(b) Nicholas Sarkozy.
(c) Fulgencio Batista.
(d) Fidel Castro.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Burton G. Malkiel in the Forward, economists often don't show a connection to what?
2. According to the author in Chapter 7, the basic set of rules and investor should follow is to do what?
3. What is the financial system consisting of institutions and regulators that act on the international level, as opposed to those that act on a national or regional level?
4. When was the Hope credit established?
5. Cuba remained a territory of Spain until the Spanish-American War ended in what year?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)