|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
(a) An aphrodesiac.
(b) An evil potion.
(c) An alkaloid.
(d) A poison.
2. Cuba remained a territory of Spain until the Spanish-American War ended in what year?
3. Gary Becker received the United States Presidential Medal of Freedom in what year?
4. When did the Korean War begin?
5. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the developed world when they used the "oil weapon" during what war by implementing oil embargoes?
(a) The Gaza War.
(b) The Torah War.
(c) The Jerusalem War.
(d) The Yom Kippur War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author refer to as a situation where individuals work in their own best interest, leading to an improved standard of living for society in general?
2. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
3. What is an economic model of price determination in a market that concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers will equal the quantity supplied by producers?
4. Mark Miringhoff believes the nation should have what, as described in Chapter 9?
5. Of the top 25 polluted cities in the world, how many are in China according to the author?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)