|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 2, the average annual income is what in the location where black rhinoceros horns are worth much on the black market?
2. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
(a) Floating exchange rate.
(b) Mutual fund.
(c) Index fund.
(d) Money market.
3. North Korea is a single-party state under a united front led by what party?
(a) The Korean Entitlement Party.
(b) The Korean Workers' Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
4. What refers to economy-wide fluctuations in production or economic activity over several months or years?
(b) Business cycle.
5. In economics, what is a good that is non-rival and non-excludable?
(a) A private good.
(b) A government good.
(c) A corporate good.
(d) A public good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Latin prepositional phrase meaning "by heads"?
2. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the fourth?
3. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
4. When did the Great Depression begin in the United States?
5. In economics and sociology, what refers to any factor that enables or motivates a particular course of action or counts as a reason for preferring one choice to the alternatives?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)