|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's father's name?
2. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
3. The person in the newspaper article was robbed of $300 and what?
(a) A wig.
(b) A jackhammer.
(c) A clock radio.
(d) Golf clubs.
4. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) An embarassment.
(b) An ATM machine.
(c) A mummy.
(d) A clown.
5. Who does Ya Ya's roommate at the home say she is the step-sister to?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The author.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
2. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
3. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
4. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
5. How does the reverend deliver his sermon in the first essay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
2. Describe the family's participation at church as detailed in "Chipped Beef."
3. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
4. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
5. What is the second household mystery in "True Detective"? What is the backlash the author finds himself in?
6. Why does David discover his mother sobbing in the bathroom in "Chipped Beef"? What is his consolation?
7. What leads Ya Ya to need to be cared for? How does this lead to arguments between the author's parents?
8. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
9. Why are the narrator's sisters kidnapped in "Chipped Beef"? How do his parents react?
10. Why do David's teachers come to his home? What is their impression of his mother?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)