|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author's mother run over while taking him home from play practice?
(a) A child.
(b) A dog.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A cat.
2. What is the narrator obsessed with licking in the second essay?
(a) A rock.
(b) A light switch.
(c) His nose.
(d) A light bulb.
3. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
4. What does the narrator's father find in his room when he searches it?
(b) A mechanical pencil.
(c) Porn magazines.
5. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(a) Magic markers.
(d) Shoe polish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
2. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
3. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
4. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
5. At what golf hole does Lisa begin her period in "The Women's Open"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
2. What does David encounter when he returns to Dix Hill?
3. What does Lisa complain about in "Women's Open"? How does her father react?
4. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
5. What does David fantasize about his "real parents" in "Chipped Beef"?
6. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
7. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
8. How was David's father brought up? How is his mother's cooking described?
9. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
10. Why do David's teachers come to his home? What is their impression of his mother?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)