|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
(c) Strawberry Greens.
(d) Bowling Green.
2. How does the reverend deliver his sermon in the first essay?
(a) On a Great Dane.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On television.
3. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) Rochester, NY.
(c) Mt. Ida, NY.
(d) Binghamton, NY.
4. What is the author's youngest brother's name?
5. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(b) Shoe polish.
(d) Magic markers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family in the book the author finds in "Next of Kin"?
2. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
3. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
4. Who comes to the house to speak to the author's mother in the second essay?
5. Where does Ya Ya live in the beginning of the third essay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David's father visits him in New York?
2. What does David's mother insist he stop doing to the cat? Why?
3. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
4. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
5. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
6. How was David's father brought up? How is his mother's cooking described?
7. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
8. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
9. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
10. Who in David's family is taken to an institution? What effect does this have?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)