|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's youngest brother's name?
2. Who comes to the house to speak to the author's mother in the second essay?
(a) His brother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
3. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
4. How many siblings does the author have?
5. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Italians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the author's father's friend with the missing eye?
2. What has happened to the narrator's sisters in the first essay?
3. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
4. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
5. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David's father visits him in New York?
2. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
3. What does David's mother insist he stop doing to the cat? Why?
4. Why does David discover his mother sobbing in the bathroom in "Chipped Beef"? What is his consolation?
5. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
6. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
7. What is the eventual "cure" for David's tics? How?
8. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
9. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
10. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)