|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Ya Ya's roommate at the private facility?
(a) Mrs. Denardo.
(b) Mrs. Eldridge.
(c) Mrs. Thomson.
(d) Mrs. Wilkinson.
2. Who stabs the author in the eye with a pencil?
3. What is Ya Ya's recently deceased pet?
(a) A hamster.
(b) A cat.
(c) A goldfish.
(d) A dog.
4. Who calls the rent house where the narrator's family lived, "our own little corner of hell"?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what golf hole does Lisa begin her period in "The Women's Open"?
2. What is the name of the sanitarium in Raleigh?
3. What has one of the household members taken to using as toilet paper in "True Detective"?
4. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
5. How does Ya Ya start a fire while at the community living apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David fantasize about his "real parents" in "Chipped Beef"?
2. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
3. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
4. What happens when David's father visits him in New York?
5. How does Ya Ya feel about her grandchildren? How do they feel about her?
6. What is David's father's obsession? Where does he take them in "Women's Open"?
7. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
8. What is the eventual "cure" for David's tics? How?
9. Describe the family's participation at church as detailed in "Chipped Beef."
10. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)