|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Mt. Ida, NY.
(b) Philadelphia, PA.
(c) Binghamton, NY.
(d) Rochester, NY.
2. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
(c) Bowling Green.
(d) Strawberry Greens.
3. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
4. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) Using a hammer.
(b) With a saw.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) In the garbage disposal.
5. What does the author say he wanted a home with, as opposed to a fence?
(a) A moat.
(b) A lion.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
2. What is the Cyclops' occupation?
3. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
4. Where does the author hide for his "stakeout" in "True Detective"?
5. What does the author's mother run over while taking him home from play practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
2. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
3. What leads Ya Ya to need to be cared for? How does this lead to arguments between the author's parents?
4. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
5. What is the eventual "cure" for David's tics? How?
6. What does "Dix Hill" refer to? Why is this fascinating to the author?
7. What changes David's father's mind about Ya Ya's being taken to a care facility? Where does he take her?
8. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
9. Why are the narrator's sisters kidnapped in "Chipped Beef"? How do his parents react?
10. What does David's mother insist he stop doing to the cat? Why?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)