|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the author's father's friend with the missing eye?
2. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(b) Getting struck by lightning.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Using a saw.
3. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Mt. Ida, NY.
(b) Rochester, NY.
(c) Philadelphia, PA.
(d) Binghamton, NY.
4. What does the narrator's father find in his room when he searches it?
(a) Porn magazines.
(b) A mechanical pencil.
5. What does the author say his mother's profile is featured on in the first essay?
(a) The penny.
(b) Revlon cosmetics ads.
(c) The monorail token.
(d) The quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
2. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
3. Where does the author's father store his money in the dresser?
4. The person in the newspaper article was robbed of $300 and what?
5. What is the name of the family in the book the author finds in "Next of Kin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
2. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
3. What does David fantasize about his "real parents" in "Chipped Beef"?
4. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
5. What does Lisa complain about in "Women's Open"? How does her father react?
6. How does David feel upon leaving the nudist retreat?
7. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
8. How do the people at the nudist colony feel about New York? What do they say to express this?
9. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
10. What spurs the author to send for a brochure from a nudist colony?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)