|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
(a) She tripped over her cat.
(b) She was hit by a truck.
(c) She fell in the shower.
(d) She fell downstairs.
2. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) The Holy Majestic Cathedral.
(c) The Cathedral of the Sparkling Nature.
(d) The Church of the Divine Intervention.
3. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) With a saw.
(b) In the garbage disposal.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Using a hammer.
4. What is the author's mother's name?
5. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has one of the household members taken to using as toilet paper in "True Detective"?
2. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
3. How many siblings does the author have?
4. What does the author say he wanted a home with, as opposed to a fence?
5. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
2. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
3. What changes David's father's mind about Ya Ya's being taken to a care facility? Where does he take her?
4. Why does David discover his mother sobbing in the bathroom in "Chipped Beef"? What is his consolation?
5. What does David's mother insist he stop doing to the cat? Why?
6. Why do David's teachers come to his home? What is their impression of his mother?
7. What does David's father warn his children about, and how?
8. Describe what the title, "Next of Kin" refers to.
9. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
10. How does Ya Ya feel about her grandchildren? How do they feel about her?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)