|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author's father "dupe" into going to the golf course in essay six?
(a) Lou Jr. and David.
(b) Amy and David.
(c) Lisa and David.
(d) Bruno and David.
2. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(b) Using a saw.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
3. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Binghamton, NY.
(b) Rochester, NY.
(c) Mt. Ida, NY.
(d) Philadelphia, PA.
4. Where does the author hide for his "stakeout" in "True Detective"?
(a) His closet.
(b) His father's closet.
(c) The attic.
(d) His father's bathroom.
5. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
2. At what golf hole does Lisa begin her period in "The Women's Open"?
3. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
4. What is the author's youngest brother's name?
5. What does the author's mother run over while taking him home from play practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people at the nudist colony feel about New York? What do they say to express this?
2. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
3. What does David's father warn his children about, and how?
4. What leads up to the author's decision to visit the nudist retreat?
5. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
6. What does David encounter when he returns to Dix Hill?
7. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
8. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
9. What changes David's father's mind about Ya Ya's being taken to a care facility? Where does he take her?
10. Why do David's teachers come to his home? What is their impression of his mother?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)