|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's father's name?
2. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A fugitive.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A sensitive loner.
(d) A true detective.
3. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
(a) A Ford Mustang.
(b) An Alfa Romeo.
(c) A Volkswagon.
(d) A Jeep.
4. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
(a) She fell in the shower.
(b) She tripped over her cat.
(c) She was hit by a truck.
(d) She fell downstairs.
5. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
(a) It committed suicide.
(b) It was eaten by a cat.
(c) It was run over.
(d) It caught on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author's father vehemently object to the author moving?
2. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
3. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
4. What does the author's mother claim happened to their first cat in the first essay?
5. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
2. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
3. What is the eventual "cure" for David's tics? How?
4. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
5. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
6. What does David's father warn his children about, and how?
7. What happens when David's father visits him in New York?
8. What changes David's father's mind about Ya Ya's being taken to a care facility? Where does he take her?
9. Describe what the title, "Next of Kin" refers to.
10. Describe the family's participation at church as detailed in "Chipped Beef."
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)