|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do with his shoe obsessively in the second essay?
(a) Crosses himself with it.
(b) Throws it at peers.
(c) Taps his head.
(d) Cradles it.
2. What is the name of the development that Ya Ya is moved to?
(a) Retirement Heaven.
(b) Capital Towers.
(c) Green Acres.
(d) Johnson Assisted Living.
3. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
(a) The Holy Majestic Cathedral.
(b) The Church of the Divine Intervention.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Cathedral of the Sparkling Nature.
4. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) A mummy.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A clown.
(d) An ATM machine.
5. Who comes to the house to speak to the author's mother in the second essay?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa complain is hurting her in "The Women's Open"?
2. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
3. How many siblings does the author have?
4. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
5. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David fantasize about his "real parents" in "Chipped Beef"?
2. What does David's mother insist he stop doing to the cat? Why?
3. What does "Dix Hill" refer to? Why is this fascinating to the author?
4. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
5. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
6. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
7. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
8. What does Lisa complain about in "Women's Open"? How does her father react?
9. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
10. Describe what the title, "Next of Kin" refers to.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)