|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) The Church of the Divine Intervention.
(c) The Holy Majestic Cathedral.
(d) The Cathedral of the Sparkling Nature.
2. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
(a) An orthodox.
(b) A clown.
(c) A reformer.
(d) A tippler.
3. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
4. Who does "Ya Ya" refer to?
(a) The author's dog.
(b) The author's girlfriend.
(c) The author's grandmother.
(d) The author's mother.
5. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) A mummy.
(b) An ATM machine.
(c) A clown.
(d) An embarassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ya Ya live above?
2. Where does Ya Ya live in the beginning of the third essay?
3. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
4. Where does the author's family move when he's a child?
5. What does the author's mother run over while taking him home from play practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a "pudding toss" described?
2. Describe the family's participation at church as detailed in "Chipped Beef."
3. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
4. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
5. Why are the narrator's sisters kidnapped in "Chipped Beef"? How do his parents react?
6. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
7. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
8. What are the items required to bring to the nudist retreat? Which of these does the receptionist repeatedly mention, and why?
9. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
10. What does Lisa complain about in "Women's Open"? How does her father react?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)