|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
2. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
(a) Miss Waterman.
(b) Miss Walton.
(c) Miss Chestnutt.
(d) Miss Pafunda.
3. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) Love bug.
(b) The girl.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) That woman.
4. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(a) Magic markers.
(b) Shoe polish.
5. What is the name of the development that Ya Ya is moved to?
(a) Green Acres.
(b) Retirement Heaven.
(c) Johnson Assisted Living.
(d) Capital Towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's youngest brother's name?
2. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
3. Where is the author's father's second hiding place?
4. What is the author's mother's name?
5. How does Ya Ya start a fire while at the community living apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
2. What does David fantasize about his "real parents" in "Chipped Beef"?
3. Describe what the title, "Next of Kin" refers to.
4. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
5. What does David's mother insist he stop doing to the cat? Why?
6. What does "Dix Hill" refer to? Why is this fascinating to the author?
7. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
8. What leads Ya Ya to need to be cared for? How does this lead to arguments between the author's parents?
9. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
10. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)