|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
2. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
(a) His nose.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hair.
(d) His skin.
3. Where does the author's father vehemently object to the author moving?
(c) New York.
4. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
(a) Miss Waterman.
(b) Miss Pafunda.
(c) Miss Chestnutt.
(d) Miss Walton.
5. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
(c) Green Gardens.
(d) Blue Skies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
2. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
3. What is Ya Ya's recently deceased pet?
4. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
5. What is the author's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who in David's family is taken to an institution? What effect does this have?
2. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
3. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
4. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
5. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
6. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
7. What does David's father warn his children about, and how?
8. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
9. What leads Ya Ya to need to be cared for? How does this lead to arguments between the author's parents?
10. What does David fantasize college will be like?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)