|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the author's paternal grandmother from?
2. What does the narrator's father find in his room when he searches it?
(a) Porn magazines.
(c) A mechanical pencil.
3. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
(a) Chipped Beef.
(b) A Plague of Tics.
(c) The Dragon in the Basement.
(d) The Women's Open.
4. Who does the author's father "dupe" into going to the golf course in essay six?
(a) Lou Jr. and David.
(b) Lisa and David.
(c) Bruno and David.
(d) Amy and David.
5. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) With a saw.
(b) In the garbage disposal.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Using a hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does "Ya Ya" refer to?
2. Where does the author's father store his money in the dresser?
3. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
4. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
5. Where was the narrator/author born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
2. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
3. What is the second household mystery in "True Detective"? What is the backlash the author finds himself in?
4. What is the eventual "cure" for David's tics? How?
5. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
6. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
7. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
8. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
9. What leads Ya Ya to need to be cared for? How does this lead to arguments between the author's parents?
10. Why do David's teachers come to his home? What is their impression of his mother?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)