|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's father find in his room when he searches it?
(a) A mechanical pencil.
(d) Porn magazines.
2. What is the name of the patient who was a paranoid Tuscan?
3. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Russians.
4. What is the name of the sanitarium in Raleigh?
(a) Green Willow Creek.
(b) Dix Hill.
(c) White Castle.
5. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
(a) A burglar.
(b) A chef.
(c) A child.
(d) A drug addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
2. Where is the author's paternal grandmother from?
3. What is the narrator obsessed with licking in the second essay?
4. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
5. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the eventual "cure" for David's tics? How?
2. What does Lisa complain about in "Women's Open"? How does her father react?
3. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
4. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
5. What does David's mother insist he stop doing to the cat? Why?
6. Describe the family's participation at church as detailed in "Chipped Beef."
7. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
8. What does David encounter when he returns to Dix Hill?
9. What does David fantasize about his "real parents" in "Chipped Beef"?
10. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)