|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(b) Using a saw.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
2. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) An ATM machine.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) A clown.
(d) A mummy.
3. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
4. What is the title of the first essay in Naked?
(a) A Plague of Tics.
(b) Chipped Beef.
(c) The Women's Open.
(d) True Detective.
5. Where does the author hide for his "stakeout" in "True Detective"?
(a) His father's bathroom.
(b) The attic.
(c) His father's closet.
(d) His closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
2. What is the Cyclops' occupation?
3. What has one of the household members taken to using as toilet paper in "True Detective"?
4. What is the author's mother's name?
5. What does the author say his mother's profile is featured on in the first essay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the title, "Next of Kin" refers to.
2. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
3. What happens when David's father visits him in New York?
4. What does David's father warn his children about, and how?
5. Describe the family's participation at church as detailed in "Chipped Beef."
6. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
7. Who in David's family is taken to an institution? What effect does this have?
8. Why does David discover his mother sobbing in the bathroom in "Chipped Beef"? What is his consolation?
9. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
10. What leads Ya Ya to need to be cared for? How does this lead to arguments between the author's parents?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)