|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
2. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
(d) Home economics.
3. Who does the author's mother leave a video tape for once she's passed away?
4. What does the author say he wanted a home with, as opposed to a fence?
(a) A moat.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A lion.
5. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
2. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
3. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
4. Where does the author hide for his "stakeout" in "True Detective"?
5. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
2. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
3. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
4. What does David fantasize about his "real parents" in "Chipped Beef"?
5. Why do David's teachers come to his home? What is their impression of his mother?
6. What does "Dix Hill" refer to? Why is this fascinating to the author?
7. Who injures the author in "Cyclops"? What is the result?
8. Who in David's family is taken to an institution? What effect does this have?
9. How was David's father brought up? How is his mother's cooking described?
10. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)