|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what golf hole does Lisa begin her period in "The Women's Open"?
(a) The ninth.
(b) The sixth.
(c) The seventh.
(d) The fourteenth.
2. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
3. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) Using a saw.
4. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(a) Magic markers.
(d) Shoe polish.
5. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
2. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
3. What does the author say his mother's profile is featured on in the first essay?
4. What is the narrator obsessed with licking in the second essay?
5. What does the author's father collect in a goldfish bowl for good luck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ya Ya feel about her grandchildren? How do they feel about her?
2. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
3. Why does David discover his mother sobbing in the bathroom in "Chipped Beef"? What is his consolation?
4. How was David's father brought up? How is his mother's cooking described?
5. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
6. Describe the family's participation at church as detailed in "Chipped Beef."
7. What changes David's father's mind about Ya Ya's being taken to a care facility? Where does he take her?
8. What does David encounter when he returns to Dix Hill?
9. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
10. How does "Next of Kin" become passed through the family? What finally happens to it?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)