|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
2. What is the Cyclops' occupation?
(b) Tie salesman.
(c) Shoe salesman.
(d) News editor.
3. What is the author's mother's name?
4. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Binghamton, NY.
(b) Philadelphia, PA.
(c) Rochester, NY.
(d) Mt. Ida, NY.
5. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) The girl.
(b) That woman.
(c) Love bug.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
2. What does the author say he has to tie over his eyes to sleep at night in the first essay?
3. Where does the narrator say his family sits in the church in the first essay?
4. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
5. What does the author's father collect in a goldfish bowl for good luck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
2. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
3. What does "Dix Hill" refer to? Why is this fascinating to the author?
4. What does Lisa complain about in "Women's Open"? How does her father react?
5. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
6. What leads Ya Ya to need to be cared for? How does this lead to arguments between the author's parents?
7. Describe what the title, "Next of Kin" refers to.
8. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
9. How was David's father brought up? How is his mother's cooking described?
10. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)