|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
2. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
(a) A porsche.
(b) An Alfa Romeo.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Mercedes.
3. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
(a) Blue Skies.
(d) Green Gardens.
4. What does the author's father collect in a goldfish bowl for good luck?
(a) Golf tees.
(d) Golf balls.
5. Who calls the rent house where the narrator's family lived, "our own little corner of hell"?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
2. What is the name of the sanitarium in Raleigh?
3. Where was the narrator/author born?
4. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
5. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David's father warn his children about, and how?
2. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
3. How does David's father obtain golf tees? Why does he collect them?
4. How does Ya Ya feel about her grandchildren? How do they feel about her?
5. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
6. Where is Ya Ya from, and how do she and David's mother feel about each other?
7. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
8. Why does David discover his mother sobbing in the bathroom in "Chipped Beef"? What is his consolation?
9. What does "Dix Hill" refer to? Why is this fascinating to the author?
10. What changes David's father's mind about Ya Ya's being taken to a care facility? Where does he take her?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)