|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton call compulsive?
2. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
3. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
4. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
5. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
Essay Topic 1
How does Nadja maintain her power over men? How does Breton cope with the power hold over him? What suggestions are there that Breton holds a similar power over her?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What do Nadja's previous relationships with men say about her as a person? Why do her stories about what happened in her past cause Breton to distance himself from her?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)