|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
2. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
3. What angers Breton about the woman?
4. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
5. What is the name of the woman Breton is supposed to be obsessed by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
2. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
3. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
4. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
5. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
6. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
7. Describe Nadja and Breton's meeting on October 11.
8. How does Nadja act when she feels unwell?
9. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
10. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Breton and Nadja.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
What would happen if Breton and Nadja ever met again? What does Breton thinks would happen if he met Nadja again?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the narrative?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)