|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
2. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
3. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
4. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
5. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
2. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
3. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
4. Why does Breton admire Nadja ability to entertain herself with stories?
5. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
6. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
7. What is Breton's wife's role in this section?
8. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
9. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
10. Why does Breton cry in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Breton's views on the following. What do they say about the way Breton would like to live life? Are his views realistic?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)