|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Breton and Nadja catch a train to in this section?
2. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
3. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
4. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
5. What does Nadja say has touched her about Breton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
2. What is Breton's wife's role in this section?
3. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
4. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
5. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
6. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
7. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
8. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
9. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
10. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the elements of a surrealist work? In what way is the novel a surrealist work?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence is there to suggest Nadja has a great power over men? How does Nadja use her power to get what she wants? How does the power she has influence the way Breton feels about her and the way their relationship evolves?
Essay Topic 3
What do Nadja's previous relationships with men say about her as a person? Why do her stories about what happened in her past cause Breton to distance himself from her?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)