|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nadja say people look at them?
2. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
3. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
4. What does Nadja see in the train window?
5. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
2. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
3. What is Breton's wife's role in this section?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
6. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
7. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
8. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
9. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
10. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
How does Breton's affair affect his life and thoughts about life? Is the way Nadja lives life close to Breton's own surrealist philosophies? How would their relationship have developed if they had continued seeing each other?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)