|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
2. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
3. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
4. Why does Breton take issue with Nadja's mother watching people on the Metro?
5. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
2. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
3. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
4. Describe the incident with the red window?
5. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
6. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
7. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
8. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
9. What frightens Nadja on the first train?
10. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What are Breton's opinions on life how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Breton's views?
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound effect on Breton's life, and how do they change him? What does Breton still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)