|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
2. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
3. What do the colored prints depict?
4. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
5. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
2. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
3. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
4. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
5. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
6. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
7. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
8. How does Nadja act when she feels unwell?
9. Why does Breton send his friend Paul Eluard to Nadja's house?
10. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Breton's views on the following. What do they say about the way Breton would like to live life? Are his views realistic?
Essay Topic 2
What would Nadja say about Breton if the affair was told from her point of view? What information about the affair does Breton hold back and why? Is it possible to be entirely honest about such an event in one's life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)