Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton call compulsive?
2. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
3. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
4. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
5. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Breton's views on the following people. How does he use them to express his own views about life and art?
1. Gustave Flaubert.
2. Victor Hugo.
3. Georgio de Chirico.
4. Joris-Karl Huysmans.
5. Comte de Lautréamont.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence is there to suggest Nadja has a great power over men? How does Nadja use her power to get what she wants? How does the power she has influence the way Breton feels about her and the way their relationship evolves?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)