|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
2. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
3. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
4. What is plate 16 a picture of?
5. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
2. Describe the incident with the red window?
3. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
4. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
5. What frightens Nadja on the first train?
6. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
7. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
8. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
9. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
10. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Breton's life, and how do they change him? What does Breton still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does Nadja maintain her power over men? How does Breton cope with the power hold over him? What suggestions are there that Breton holds a similar power over her?
Essay Topic 3
What would happen if Breton and Nadja ever met again? What does Breton thinks would happen if he met Nadja again?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)