|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
2. What does Nadja say the spouts of water in the fountain are like?
3. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
4. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
5. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
2. Why does Nadja think people look at them?
3. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
6. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
7. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
8. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
9. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
10. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Breton's opinions on life how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Breton's views?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence is there to suggest Nadja has a great power over men? How does Nadja use her power to get what she wants? How does the power she has influence the way Breton feels about her and the way their relationship evolves?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)