Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton call compulsive?
2. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
3. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
4. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
5. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Breton and Nadja.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound effect on Breton's life, and how do they change him? What does Breton still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)