|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Breton's psychic?
2. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
3. What is coming out from behind a hand in Nadja's cut out?
4. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
5. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if he set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What are the elements of a surrealist work? In what way is the novel a surrealist work?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)