Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
2. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
3. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
4. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
5. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
2. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
3. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
6. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
7. Describe the incident with the red window?
8. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
9. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
10. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
Essay Topic 1
How does Nadja maintain her power over men? How does Breton cope with the power hold over him? What suggestions are there that Breton holds a similar power over her?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What would Nadja say about Breton if the affair was told from her point of view? What information about the affair does Breton hold back and why? Is it possible to be entirely honest about such an event in one's life?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)