Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
2. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
3. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
4. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
5. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
2. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
3. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
6. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
7. Describe the incident with the red window?
8. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
9. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
10. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
Examine Breton's views on the following. What do they say about the way Breton would like to live life? Are his views realistic?
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)