Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
2. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
3. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
4. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
5. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
2. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
3. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
6. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
7. Describe the incident with the red window?
8. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
9. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
10. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if he set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Breton's views on the following people. How does he use them to express his own views about life and art?
1. Gustave Flaubert.
2. Victor Hugo.
3. Georgio de Chirico.
4. Joris-Karl Huysmans.
5. Comte de Lautréamont.
Essay Topic 3
What are Breton's opinions on life how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Breton's views?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)