Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
2. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
3. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
4. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
5. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
2. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
3. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
6. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
7. Describe the incident with the red window?
8. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
9. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
10. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
Essay Topic 1
What are Breton's opinions on life how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Breton's views?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Breton use images as part of his story? How would it change the meaning of the story if he didn't publish these images?
Essay Topic 3
What are the elements of a surrealist work? In what way is the novel a surrealist work?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)