|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton think Nadja thinks of him as?
(a) A kind old man.
(b) A lover.
(c) A god.
(d) A father figure.
2. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) In her sock.
(b) Under her hat.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) In her panties.
3. Who telephones Breton on October the 9th?
(c) His wife.
4. Who are on top of the train?
(b) Student protestors.
(c) Train robbers.
(d) Railroad workers.
5. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
(a) Leave him a broken man.
(b) Harm his children.
(c) Kill his creative spirit.
(d) Harm the woman he loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
2. Why does Breton cry in this section?
3. What does the woman's name mean in Russian?
4. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
5. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
2. Why does Breton disagree with what Nadja's mother does in her spare time?
3. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
4. What frightens Nadja on the first train?
5. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
6. Why does Nadja think people look at them?
7. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
8. Describe Nadja and Breton's meeting on October 11.
9. Why does Breton send his friend Paul Eluard to Nadja's house?
10. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)