|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can write.
(b) So she can relax.
(c) So she can watch people.
(d) So she can read.
2. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To write her memoirs.
(b) To give him space.
(c) To recover from her drinking problem.
(d) To allow him to sleep with other women.
3. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
(a) His good mood.
(b) His books.
(c) His paintings.
(d) His notebooks.
4. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A lake.
(c) A park.
(d) Her apartment.
5. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
2. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
3. What does Nadja say has touched her about Breton?
4. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
5. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
2. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
3. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
6. Why does Nadja think people look at them?
7. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
8. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
9. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
10. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)