|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Jumping Fool.
(b) The Cat's Dream.
(c) The Lonely Cat.
(d) The Cat's Nightmare.
2. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
(a) Her father.
(b) A man who once asked her to marry him.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A man who once abused her.
3. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
4. What does the woman say she is going to?
(a) A bar.
(b) The hairdressers.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A cafe.
5. What did Nadja almost cause Breton to drive into?
(a) A shed.
(b) A wall.
(c) A car.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
2. What is the name of Breton's psychic?
3. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
4. What do the colored prints depict?
5. Why does Breton have an headache?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Breton admire Nadja ability to entertain herself with stories?
2. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
3. Describe Nadja and Breton's meeting on October 11.
4. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
5. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
6. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
7. What is Breton's wife's role in this section?
8. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
9. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
10. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)