|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton cry in this section?
(a) He knows he won't see Nadja again.
(b) He knows Nadja is evil.
(c) He can't leave his wife.
(d) His son is ill.
2. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
(a) Creaking floorboards.
(b) Slamming doors.
(c) Screaming inmates.
(d) Keys grating in the locks.
3. What does Breton call compulsive?
4. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
(a) In memory of his wife.
(b) She looks like an old friend called Lena.
(c) He always wanted to have a daughter by that name.
(d) In memory of his daughter.
5. What is the month at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
2. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
3. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
4. What men does Breton say he admires?
5. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
2. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
3. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
4. Why does Nadja think people look at them?
5. Describe the incident with the red window?
6. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
7. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
8. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
9. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
10. Why does Breton disagree with what Nadja's mother does in her spare time?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)