|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is plate 16 a picture of?
(a) A poetry book.
(c) A woman's glove.
(d) A plate of food.
2. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French writers.
(b) French revolutionaries.
(c) French kings.
(d) French queens.
3. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(b) Paint Nadja's portrait.
(c) Illustrate his book.
(d) Paint his own portrait.
4. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her hair.
5. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To recover from her drinking problem.
(b) To give him space.
(c) To allow him to sleep with other women.
(d) To write her memoirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints Nadja about Breton?
2. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
3. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
4. What is the woman's name?
5. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
2. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
3. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
4. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
5. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
6. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
7. Describe Nadja and Breton's meeting on October 11.
8. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
9. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
10. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)