|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
(a) The hours were too long.
(b) The pay was too low.
(c) The work was too dirty.
(d) The people were sexist.
2. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
(a) He wants to see her eyes light up when he gives her a present.
(b) He wants to watch her eat again.
(c) He wants to be near the things she's near.
(d) He wants to kiss her hand.
3. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
(a) A man who once abused her.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A man who once asked her to marry him.
(d) Her father.
4. What has a doctor advised Nadja to do?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Take a trip.
(c) Stop taking drugs.
(d) Drink plenty of water.
5. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
2. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
3. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
4. What does Breton call compulsive?
5. What does Nadja say has touched her about Breton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
2. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
3. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
4. Why does Nadja think people look at them?
5. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
6. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
7. Why does Breton admire Nadja ability to entertain herself with stories?
8. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
9. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
10. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)