|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
(a) A rest home.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A prison.
(d) A rehad center.
2. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
(a) He wants to be near the things she's near.
(b) He wants to see her eyes light up when he gives her a present.
(c) He wants to kiss her hand.
(d) He wants to watch her eat again.
3. What does the woman say she is going to?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The hairdressers.
4. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
5. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
(b) Mad people.
(c) Fun-loving people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
2. What is coming out from behind a hand in Nadja's cut out?
3. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
4. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
5. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nadja act when she feels unwell?
2. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
3. Why does Breton cry in this section?
4. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
5. Why does Breton disagree with what Nadja's mother does in her spare time?
6. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
7. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
8. Why does Breton send his friend Paul Eluard to Nadja's house?
9. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
10. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)