|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappoints Nadja about Breton?
(a) He has been to university.
(b) He is short.
(c) He is married.
(d) He is a writer.
2. What does Nadja notice about Breton when they meet at the beginning of this section?
(a) He is more relaxed than the previous day.
(b) He looks happier.
(c) He is better dressed than the previous day.
(d) He looks unhappy.
3. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
(a) The Grande Hotel.
(b) The King's Hotel.
(c) The Sphinx-Hotel.
(d) The Regal Hotel.
4. What is Nadja's opinion of her father?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is wonderful.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is abusive.
5. What does the woman say she is going to?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A bar.
(c) The hairdressers.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
2. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
3. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
4. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
5. Who does Nadja say she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frightens Nadja on the first train?
2. Why does Breton cry in this section?
3. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
4. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
5. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
6. Describe the incident with the red window?
7. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
8. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
9. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
10. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)