|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who telephones Breton on October the 9th?
(b) His wife.
2. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
(a) He can't see out of it.
(b) It has no glass.
(c) It is made of fiberglass.
(d) It has turned red.
3. What is G the president of?
(b) The surrealist movement.
(c) The French governement.
(d) The Assize court.
4. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
(a) He is in a bad mmod.
(b) His wife is in labor.
(c) He has met another woman he likes.
(d) His wife is ill.
5. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
Short Answer Questions
1. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
2. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
3. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
4. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
5. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
2. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
3. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
4. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
5. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
6. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
7. Why does Breton send his friend Paul Eluard to Nadja's house?
8. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
9. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
10. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)