|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
(a) The people were sexist.
(b) The work was too dirty.
(c) The hours were too long.
(d) The pay was too low.
2. What does Nadja see in the train window?
(a) A leg.
(b) A head upside-down.
(c) A old flame.
(d) Her dead father.
3. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A man who once asked her to marry him.
(c) A man who once abused her.
(d) Her father.
4. Who warned the artist about a woman called Nadia?
(a) His mother.
(b) Madame Wren.
(c) Madame Sacco.
(d) His wife.
5. What is plate 16 a picture of?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A woman's glove.
(d) A poetry book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
2. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
3. What is a Mazda?
4. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
5. Who are on top of the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
2. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
3. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
4. Why does Breton send his friend Paul Eluard to Nadja's house?
5. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
6. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
7. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
8. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
9. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
10. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)