|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
(a) She is married.
(b) She wasn't planning on meeting him.
(c) She is a drug addict.
(d) She has nowhere to live.
2. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
(a) Leave him a broken man.
(b) Harm the woman he loves.
(c) Kill his creative spirit.
(d) Harm his children.
3. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Reads her one of his stories.
(b) Tells a joke.
(c) Recites her a poem.
(d) Offer to buy her a drink.
4. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
(a) A student.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A journalist.
5. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
(a) Explain his behavior.
(b) Fall in love again.
(c) Make himself understood.
(d) Enjoy himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
2. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
3. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
4. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
5. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)