|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
2. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A lake.
(d) A park.
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What is the name of the woman Breton is supposed to be obsessed by?
5. How does Nadja think Breton will recreate their relationship?
(a) In a poem.
(b) With another woman.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) In a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has a doctor advised Nadja to do?
2. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
3. What is the month at the beginning of this section?
4. What angers Breton about the woman?
5. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
2. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
3. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
4. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
5. Why does Breton cry in this section?
6. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
7. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
8. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
9. Describe the incident with the red window?
10. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)