|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What men does Breton say he admires?
(a) Men who can abstain from sex.
(b) Men who can write all day.
(c) Men who fall in love with one woman.
(d) Men who who can be shut up to study paintings.
2. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
(a) She stole his wallet.
(b) She spread rumors about him.
(c) She bled all over him.
(d) She stratched his cheek.
3. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French queens.
(b) French revolutionaries.
(c) French writers.
(d) French kings.
4. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
5. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
(a) The Grande Hotel.
(b) The Sphinx-Hotel.
(c) The Regal Hotel.
(d) The King's Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
2. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
3. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
4. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
5. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nadja act when she feels unwell?
2. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
3. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
4. Why does Breton send his friend Paul Eluard to Nadja's house?
5. What is Breton's opinion of sanitariums?
6. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
7. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
8. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
9. Describe the incident with the red window?
10. What frightens Nadja on the first train?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)