|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He feels Nadja is near.
(b) He needs another drink.
(c) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(d) He wants to be sick.
2. What is the month at the beginning of this section?
3. What is coming out from behind a hand in Nadja's cut out?
(a) A man's hand.
(b) A woman's breast.
(c) A cat's head.
(d) A woman's head.
4. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French writers.
(b) French queens.
(c) French revolutionaries.
(d) French kings.
5. What is plate 16 a picture of?
(a) A plate of food.
(c) A poetry book.
(d) A woman's glove.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
2. What is a Mazda?
3. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
4. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
5. What does the woman's name mean in Russian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
2. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
3. What frightens Nadja on the first train?
4. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
5. Why does Breton cry in this section?
6. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
7. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
8. Why does Breton's artist friend refuse to paint Nadja?
9. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
10. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)