|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman's name mean in Russian?
2. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
(a) The Lover's flower.
(b) The Fingerless glove.
(c) The Hateful veil.
(d) The Invisible paper.
3. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
(a) A prison.
(b) A rest home.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A rehad center.
4. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A butterfly.
5. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
(a) Short stories.
(c) Angel cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
2. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
3. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
4. Who does Nadja say she is?
5. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
2. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
3. Describe the incident with the red window?
4. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
5. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
6. What does Nadja tell Breton about her two friends?
7. Why does Nadja think people look at them?
8. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
9. Why does Breton disagree with what Nadja's mother does in her spare time?
10. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)