|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Paint Nadja's portrait.
(b) Illustrate his book.
(c) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(d) Paint his own portrait.
2. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
(a) She meets other men.
(b) She is sucked into an ordinary life.
(c) She reads his books.
(d) She thinks about him constantly.
4. Where do Breton and Nadja catch a train to in this section?
(c) St. Germain.
5. Who does Breton go to the bar with at the beginning of this section?
(a) His brother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
2. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
3. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
4. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
5. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Breton's wife's role in this section?
2. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
3. Why does Breton admire Nadja ability to entertain herself with stories?
4. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
5. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
6. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
7. Describe Nadja and Breton's meeting on October 11.
8. Describe the incident with the red window?
9. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
10. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)