|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadja say has touched her about Breton?
(a) His complexity.
(b) His power.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His simplicity.
2. What does Nadja say the spouts of water in the fountain are like?
3. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can watch people.
(b) So she can write.
(c) So she can read.
(d) So she can relax.
4. Who warned the artist about a woman called Nadia?
(a) Madame Sacco.
(b) His wife.
(c) Madame Wren.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
(a) His books.
(b) His paintings.
(c) His notebooks.
(d) His good mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
2. What kind of discussions does Breton say him and Nadja could no longer avoid?
3. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
4. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
5. What men does Breton say he admires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
2. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
3. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
4. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
5. Why doesn't Breton want Nadja to read his books?
6. Why does Breton cry in this section?
7. Why does Breton admire Nadja ability to entertain herself with stories?
8. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
9. Describe three drawings Nadja draws as a symbol of her relationship with Breton.
10. Why does Breton disagree with what Nadja's mother does in her spare time?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)