|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Write his memoirs.
(b) Be someone else.
(c) Be a writer.
(d) Tell the story of Nadja.
2. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Guess the age of people.
(b) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(c) Tell stories to herself.
(d) Tells jokes to herself.
3. Where do Breton and Nadja catch a train to in this section?
(a) St. Germain.
4. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
(a) Keys grating in the locks.
(b) Slamming doors.
(c) Screaming inmates.
(d) Creaking floorboards.
5. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
(a) Fall in love again.
(b) Explain his behavior.
(c) Make himself understood.
(d) Enjoy himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Breton take issue with Nadja's mother watching people on the Metro?
2. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
3. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
4. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
5. Why does Nadja say people look at them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
2. What does Breton learn about Nadja and her relationship with men in this section?
3. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
4. Describe the incident with the red window?
5. What is Breton's wife's role in this section?
6. Why does Nadja think people look at them?
7. What does Breton feel about his relationship with Nadja in retrospect?
8. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
9. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
10. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)