|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
(a) The Invisible paper.
(b) The Fingerless glove.
(c) The Lover's flower.
(d) The Hateful veil.
2. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
(a) About going to prison.
(b) About being in love.
(c) About losing a child.
(d) About being an alcoholic.
3. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A butterfly.
4. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To give him space.
(b) To allow him to sleep with other women.
(c) To recover from her drinking problem.
(d) To write her memoirs.
5. What is Nadja's opinion of her father?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He is wonderful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
2. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
3. What has a doctor advised Nadja to do?
4. Why does Breton cry in this section?
5. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
2. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
3. What problem does Nadja say she once had with drugs?
4. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
5. What draws Breton to the fact Nadja has power over men?
6. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
7. What does Nadja tell Breton about her previous love affair?
8. What does Nadja tell Breton about her parents?
9. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
10. Why does Breton send his friend Paul Eluard to Nadja's house?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)