|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(a) Andre Breton.
(d) Paul Eluard.
2. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In reverse order.
(b) In order of how they come to mind.
(c) In chronological order.
(d) In regimental order.
3. What does the insect do at the machine?
(a) Puts money in the slot.
(b) Hits it with its tail.
(c) Blows it up.
(d) Licks the metal.
4. What bird decorates the base of the mirrors in the hallway of the theater?
5. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
(a) The beach.
(b) A lake.
(c) A museum.
(d) A park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
2. Why does Breton say he doesn't like Comte de Lautréamont's poetry?
3. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
4. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
5. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
2. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
3. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
4. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
5. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
6. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
7. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
8. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
9. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
10. What does Breton feel about film-going?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)