|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton compare the bird in his ceiling to?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A goat.
(c) A spider.
(d) A duck.
2. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
(a) The theater's stage.
(b) The theater's auditorium.
(c) The theater's bar.
(d) The theater's bathroom.
3. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Etienne Dolet.
4. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) What he cannot.
(b) His connection with the past.
(c) The future.
(d) The stupidity of the French government.
5. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) An old hag.
(b) A naked woman.
(c) A talking tree.
(d) An elf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Breton hit the insect with his cane?
2. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
3. What does Breton say the story about Hugo and the gates make him feel?
4. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
5. What is the name of the book Breton wrote with Philippe Soupault?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Breton interpret the plot of Les Detraquees?
2. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
3. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
4. What does Breton feel about film-going?
5. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
6. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
7. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
8. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
9. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
10. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)