|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Paul Eluard.
2. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Do we all live in the same reality?
(b) Is love real?
(c) Who am I?
(d) What am I doing here?
3. Who does the old woman say she has just a call from?
(a) Her granddaughter.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandson.
(d) Her brother.
4. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
(a) Place d'Ango.
(b) Grands Hommes.
(c) Place Maubert.
(d) Linkin Park.
5. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
(a) The beauty of their simple nature.
(b) The importance of themselves as people.
(c) The inadequacy of their self-evaluation.
(d) The complexity of their thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
2. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
3. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
4. What is the name of the famous archway at the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
5. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
2. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
3. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
4. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
5. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
6. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
7. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
8. Why does Breton feel close to Huysmans?
9. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
10. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)