|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the insect Breton dreamed about?
(a) Moss colored.
(b) Mud colored.
(c) Pebble colored.
(d) Sand colored.
2. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
3. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
(a) A watch.
(b) A copy of one of her short stories.
(c) A copy of one of her poems.
(d) A beer.
4. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
(b) Van Gogh.
5. What does the insect do at the machine?
(a) Blows it up.
(b) Hits it with its tail.
(c) Licks the metal.
(d) Puts money in the slot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
2. How does the insect try to choke Breton?
3. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
4. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
5. What does Breton compare the bird in his ceiling to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
2. What does Breton say he wants to find out about himself?
3. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
4. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
5. How does Breton interpret the plot of Les Detraquees?
6. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
7. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
8. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
9. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
10. What is Breton's opinion of work?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)