|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the woman's glove?
2. Who does the old woman say she has just a call from?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandson.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her granddaughter.
3. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
(a) A boy's school.
(b) A girl's school.
(c) A museum.
(d) An alleyway.
4. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Albert Camus.
5. What color was the insect Breton dreamed about?
(a) Sand colored.
(b) Mud colored.
(c) Pebble colored.
(d) Moss colored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the play Breton says he has admired?
2. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
3. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
4. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
5. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Saint-Ouen market?
2. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
3. How does Breton interpret the plot of Les Detraquees?
4. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
5. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
6. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
7. What does Breton recall about the film "Grip of the Octopus"?
8. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
9. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
10. Describe the first act of the play Les Detraquees.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)