|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
2. What does the insect do at the machine?
(a) Puts money in the slot.
(b) Blows it up.
(c) Licks the metal.
(d) Hits it with its tail.
3. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
4. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
(a) A basement.
(b) A garage.
(c) A hut.
(d) A shed.
5. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
2. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
3. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
4. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
5. What was the name of Victor Hugo's lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
2. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
3. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
4. What happened at Saint-Ouen market?
5. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
6. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
7. What does Breton feel about film-going?
8. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
9. What connection does Breton make with the wood coal signs he sees?
10. Describe Nadja and Breton's meeting on October 11.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)