|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the man in the film invade?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
2. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
(a) She has come to recommend someone to him.
(b) She has come to warn him about the police.
(c) She has come to ask him for a drink.
(d) She has come to ask him to pay his bill.
3. Who does the old woman say she has just a call from?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her granddaughter.
(c) Her grandson.
(d) Her father.
4. Which painter's paintings does Breton say have magnificent light?
(c) Van Gogh.
5. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
(a) The theater's bar.
(b) The theater's auditorium.
(c) The theater's stage.
(d) The theater's bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
2. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
3. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
4. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
5. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
2. What does Breton envy about Desnos?
3. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
4. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
5. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
6. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
7. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
8. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
9. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
10. What happened at Saint-Ouen market?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)