|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
2. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
(b) Short stories.
3. What is the name of the book Breton wrote with Philippe Soupault?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(b) Magnetic Times.
(d) Les Champs Magnetiques.
4. Who does the insect take the place of?
(a) His brother.
(d) An old man.
5. What does Breton dream about?
(a) Conversations he had the previous day.
(b) His addiction to coffee.
(c) Cooking biscuits.
(d) Writing his novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
2. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
3. What falls in the room after the silence?
4. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
5. How does Breton describe the complexion of the naked woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
2. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
3. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
4. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
5. Why does Breton say he admires Flaubert?
6. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
7. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
8. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
9. What does Breton say he wants to find out about himself?
10. Describe the first act of the play Les Detraquees.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)