|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) Andre Breton.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
2. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
3. What was the color of the woman's glove?
4. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
(a) A book.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A swan.
(d) A rose.
5. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) An old hag.
(b) A talking tree.
(c) A naked woman.
(d) An elf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
2. Who pointed out the Maison Rogue sign to Breton?
3. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
4. What does the insect do at the machine?
5. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
2. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
3. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
4. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
5. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
6. What happened at Saint-Ouen market?
7. What does Breton say he wants to find out about himself?
8. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
9. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
10. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)