|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird decorates the base of the mirrors in the hallway of the theater?
2. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
(a) Theater Absurd.
(b) Theater Noir.
(c) Theater Moderne.
(d) Theater Surreal.
3. What falls in the room after the silence?
(a) A light bulb.
(b) A knife.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A feather.
4. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) An old hag.
(b) A talking tree.
(c) An elf.
(d) A naked woman.
5. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
(a) Grands Hommes.
(c) Les Champs Magnetiques.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
2. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
3. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
4. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
5. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
2. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
3. How does Breton interpret the plot of Les Detraquees?
4. What does Breton envy about Desnos?
5. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
6. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
7. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
8. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
9. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
10. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)