|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
(a) A book.
(b) A rose.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A swan.
2. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
3. What color was the insect Breton dreamed about?
(a) Pebble colored.
(b) Mud colored.
(c) Moss colored.
(d) Sand colored.
4. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His humor and seriousness.
(b) His friends and foes.
(c) His strengths and weaknesses.
(d) His loves and hates.
5. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
(a) His tired period.
(b) His nap period.
(c) His yellow period.
(d) His crazy period.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
2. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
3. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
4. What was the color of the woman's glove?
5. Why does Breton say he doesn't like Comte de Lautréamont's poetry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
2. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
3. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
4. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
5. What happened at Saint-Ouen market?
6. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
7. What does Breton envy about Desnos?
8. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
9. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
10. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)