|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) His connection with the past.
(b) What he cannot.
(c) The future.
(d) The stupidity of the French government.
2. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
(a) The Hippy Hall.
(b) The Blue Castle.
(c) The Trance House.
(d) The Electric Palace.
3. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
4. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) Etienne Dolet.
5. What does Breton say the actors do in the Theater Moderne rather than listen to each other?
(a) Run amok.
(b) Make dates with members of the audience.
(c) Perform to themselves.
(d) Talk over each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
2. What is the play Breton says he has admired?
3. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
4. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
5. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
2. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
3. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
4. What is Breton's opinion of work?
5. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
6. What does Breton feel about film-going?
7. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
8. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
9. What does Breton recall about the film "Grip of the Octopus"?
10. Describe the first act of the play Les Detraquees.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)