|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
(a) Well done sir.
(b) How amusing.
2. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) An elf.
(b) A naked woman.
(c) A talking tree.
(d) An old hag.
3. Who pointed out the Maison Rogue sign to Breton?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Van Gogh.
(c) Louis Aragon.
4. What kind of films does Breton have a weakness for?
(a) Absurb films.
(b) Sci-fi films.
(c) Porn films.
(d) Hollywood films.
5. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
2. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
3. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
4. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
5. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
2. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
3. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
4. What happened at Saint-Ouen market?
5. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
6. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
7. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
8. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
9. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
10. What connection does Breton make with the wood coal signs he sees?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)