|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton dream about?
(a) Writing his novel.
(b) Conversations he had the previous day.
(c) His addiction to coffee.
(d) Cooking biscuits.
2. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
(a) The events of everyday life.
(b) People's feelings.
(c) The media.
(d) Critical analysis.
3. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In regimental order.
(b) In order of how they come to mind.
(c) In reverse order.
(d) In chronological order.
4. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
(a) The beauty of their simple nature.
(b) The importance of themselves as people.
(c) The complexity of their thoughts.
(d) The inadequacy of their self-evaluation.
5. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the insect take the place of?
2. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
3. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
4. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
5. What does Breton visit in Saint-Ouen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
2. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
3. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
4. What connection does Breton make with the wood coal signs he sees?
5. What does Breton say he wants to find out about himself?
6. What does Breton envy about Desnos?
7. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
8. What does Breton recall about the film "Grip of the Octopus"?
9. What is Breton's opinion of work?
10. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)