|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
2. What did the engraving look like from a certain angle?
(a) A football.
(b) An angel.
(c) A lion.
(d) A gun.
3. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Is love real?
(b) Do we all live in the same reality?
(c) Who am I?
(d) What am I doing here?
4. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
(d) Short stories.
5. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
(a) His upbringing.
(b) His personal views.
(c) His love life.
(d) His bone structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
2. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
3. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
4. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
5. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
2. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
3. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
4. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
5. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
6. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
7. Why does Breton say he admires Flaubert?
8. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
9. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
10. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)