|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the woman's glove?
2. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
3. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
4. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(b) Etienne Dolet.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
5. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
(a) A sense of humor.
(b) Our relationship to others.
(c) The true meaning of life.
(d) How far we can push ourselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the insect do at the machine?
2. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
3. What is the name of the famous archway at the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
4. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
5. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
2. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
3. What does Breton envy about Desnos?
4. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
5. What does Breton feel about film-going?
6. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
7. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
8. How does Breton interpret the plot of Les Detraquees?
9. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
10. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)