|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
(a) A hut.
(b) A garage.
(c) A shed.
(d) A basement.
2. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) A naked woman.
(b) A talking tree.
(c) An elf.
(d) An old hag.
3. What does Breton accept as a material necessity?
4. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
(a) Whom he loves.
(b) Whom he inspires.
(c) Whom he haunts.
(d) Whom he hates.
5. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
(a) The events of everyday life.
(b) Critical analysis.
(c) People's feelings.
(d) The media.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Breton hit the insect with his cane?
2. Who pointed out the Maison Rogue sign to Breton?
3. What kind of films does Breton have a weakness for?
4. What does Breton dream about?
5. What color was the insect Breton dreamed about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
2. Why does Breton feel close to Huysmans?
3. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
4. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
5. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
6. What does Breton say he wants to find out about himself?
7. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
8. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
9. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
10. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)