|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
(a) Our relationship to others.
(b) A sense of humor.
(c) How far we can push ourselves.
(d) The true meaning of life.
2. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
3. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
(a) A lake.
(b) A museum.
(c) The beach.
(d) A park.
4. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) His connection with the past.
(b) What he cannot.
(c) The future.
(d) The stupidity of the French government.
5. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
(a) Servant gate, monsieur.
(b) Main entrance, monsieur.
(c) Bridal gate, monsieur.
(d) Pedestrian gate, monsieur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
2. How does Breton describe the complexion of the naked woman?
3. Which painter's paintings does Breton say have magnificent light?
4. What was the name of Victor Hugo's lover?
5. What color was the insect Breton dreamed about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the awkward meeting Breton and Nadja have on October the 6th.
2. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
3. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
4. What steps does Nadja say she has taken to ensure her health?
5. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
6. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
7. Describe the incident with the red window?
8. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
9. Why does Breton feel he has stopped understanding Nadja?
10. How did Breton and Nadja almost kill themselves?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)