|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
(a) John-Paul Satre.
(b) Philipe Saint-Andre.
(c) Tristan Tzara.
(d) Albert Camus.
2. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
(a) It is full of beautiful women.
(b) He feels something will happen there.
(c) It gives him a sense of peace.
(d) He can work there without people shouting at him.
3. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
4. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
(a) The events of everyday life.
(b) People's feelings.
(c) The media.
(d) Critical analysis.
5. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
(a) His real parents.
(b) The love of his life.
(c) His intellectual capabilities.
(d) His relation to other men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Breton wrote with Philippe Soupault?
2. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
3. What is Breton's first point of departure?
4. What color did Flaubert want to replicate in his novel "Madame Bovary"?
5. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
2. How does Breton think Nadja will cope in the sanitarium?
3. Why does Breton admire Nadja ability to entertain herself with stories?
4. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
5. What frightens Nadja on the first train?
6. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
7. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
8. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
9. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
10. Describe the incident with the red window?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)