|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton say he doesn't like Comte de Lautréamont's poetry?
(a) He hides behind his work.
(b) It is nothing but style.
(c) He uses only simple words.
(d) It says nothing about life.
2. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) Victor Hugo.
(d) Andre Breton.
3. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
(a) His personal views.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His love life.
(d) His bone structure.
4. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
5. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
2. What does Breton say the story about Hugo and the gates make him feel?
3. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
4. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
5. Who does the young man mistake Breton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
2. What happened at Saint-Ouen market?
3. Why does Breton say he admires Flaubert?
4. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
5. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
6. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
7. What does Breton envy about Desnos?
8. What connection does Breton make with the wood coal signs he sees?
9. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
10. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)