|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the famous archway at the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
(a) Arc de Triumphe.
(b) Grip of the Octopus.
(c) Porte Saint-Denis.
(d) Arch of Liberty.
2. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
3. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
(c) Short stories.
4. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
5. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was going through a breakup.
(b) When he was hungry.
(c) When he was in love.
(d) When he was surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
2. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
3. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
4. What city does the man in the film invade?
5. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
2. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
3. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
4. What does Breton recall about the film "Grip of the Octopus"?
5. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
6. Describe the first act of the play Les Detraquees.
7. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
8. What does Breton say he believes about himself?
9. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
10. Describe Breton's dream in this section.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)