|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(b) Van Gogh.
2. Why does Breton hit the insect with his cane?
(a) It is too ugly to bear.
(b) It is trying to bite his neck.
(c) He feels it has committed fraud.
(d) It is trying to destroy the machine.
3. What is Breton's first point of departure?
(a) Hotel Varengeville-sur-Mer.
(b) Hotel de Grande Hommes.
(c) Hotel Roulette.
(d) Hotel la Stranger.
4. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
5. What philosopher's notes does Breton find in the Rimbaud book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
2. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
3. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
4. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
5. Why does Breton say he doesn't like Comte de Lautréamont's poetry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
2. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
3. What is Breton's opinion of work?
4. Describe the incident with the lady and the glove.
5. What puzzles Breton about the Les Detraquees?
6. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
7. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
8. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
9. What does Breton say he wants to find out about himself?
10. Why does Breton feel close to Huysmans?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)