|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
(d) Van Gogh.
2. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
(a) The Trance House.
(b) The Hippy Hall.
(c) The Electric Palace.
(d) The Blue Castle.
3. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(a) Paul Eluard.
(b) Andre Breton.
4. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
(a) A sense of humor.
(b) The true meaning of life.
(c) How far we can push ourselves.
(d) Our relationship to others.
5. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
2. Why does Breton hit the insect with his cane?
3. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
4. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
5. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Breton feel close to Huysmans?
2. Why does Breton first decide to speak to Nadja?
3. How does Breton interpret the plot of Les Detraquees?
4. What does Breton comment about his fantasy of meeting a naked woman in the woods?
5. What story does Breton relate about Victor Hugo?
6. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
7. What connection does Breton make with the wood coal signs he sees?
8. What does Breton say he respects about Tristan Tzara?
9. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
10. What does Breton find disturbing about the naked woman he sees in the theater?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)