|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
2. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
(a) Theater Surreal.
(b) Theater Absurd.
(c) Theater Noir.
(d) Theater Moderne.
3. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
(a) A girl's school.
(b) An alleyway.
(c) A museum.
(d) A boy's school.
4. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
5. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
2. What is the name of the famous archway at the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
3. What is Breton's first point of departure?
4. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
5. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of literature does Breton say he enjoys?
2. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
3. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
4. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
5. What does Breton recall about the film "Grip of the Octopus"?
6. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
7. Why does Breton say he goes to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
8. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
9. What is Breton's opinion of work?
10. Describe the first act of the play Les Detraquees.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)