|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
(b) How amusing.
(d) Well done sir.
2. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
(a) A body.
3. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
(a) A copy of one of her short stories.
(b) A beer.
(c) A watch.
(d) A copy of one of her poems.
4. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
5. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
(a) His love life.
(b) His bone structure.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His personal views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of the woman's glove?
2. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
3. What bird decorates the base of the mirrors in the hallway of the theater?
4. How does Breton describe the complexion of the naked woman?
5. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breton feel about film-going?
2. How does Nadja anger Breton in this section?
3. What does Breton feel about Nadja during the day on October the 7th?
4. What does Breton say he wants to find out about himself?
5. What does Breton think one needs to do to understand an artist's work?
6. What is Breton's opinion on beauty?
7. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
8. Why does Breton disagree with what Nadja's mother does in her spare time?
9. How does Nadja her power over men can help Breton?
10. Describe the first act of the play Les Detraquees.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)