|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gardener tell the principal about Solange?
(a) He missed his train.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He was taken to court.
2. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Paul Eluard.
3. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
4. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
(a) A wardrobe.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) In a well.
(d) A medicine cabinet.
5. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
(a) The Fish in the Sea.
(b) The Grip of the Octopus.
(c) The Tentacles of Hope.
(d) Chinese Mayhem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
2. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
3. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
4. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
5. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Breton become acquainted with Paul Eluard?
2. How do Rimbaud's poems help Breton to meet a girl?
3. Why does Breton feel close to Huysmans?
4. How does Breton know Philippe Soupault?
5. How does Breton plan to approach the narrative?
6. What does Breton think Hugo's ritual says about him as a person?
7. What is Breton's opinion of work?
8. What does Breton learn about the Maison Rogue sign?
9. What does Breton remember about the woman who knocks on his door?
10. Why does Breton say he admires Flaubert?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)