|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
2. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
3. Who telephones Breton on October the 9th?
(c) His wife.
4. Where is the second man from that Nadja talks about in this section?
5. What kind of discussions does Breton say him and Nadja could no longer avoid?
(a) Hateful discussions.
(b) Mystical dicussions.
(c) Funny discussions.
(d) Violent discussions.
6. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A novel.
(c) A book of essays.
(d) A book of story stories.
7. Who does Nadja say she is?
(a) The smiling assassin.
(b) The woman of mystery.
(c) The subject of a novel.
(d) The soul in limbo.
8. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
(a) A man who once abused her.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) A man who once asked her to marry him.
9. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
10. What angers Breton about the woman?
(a) She laughs horribly.
(b) She constantly needs the bathroon.
(c) She hasn't noticed her fingers.
(d) She swears constantly.
11. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
(a) She wasn't planning on meeting him.
(b) She is a drug addict.
(c) She has nowhere to live.
(d) She is married.
12. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
(a) The Sphinx-Hotel.
(b) The Regal Hotel.
(c) The Grande Hotel.
(d) The King's Hotel.
13. What did Nadja almost cause Breton to drive into?
(a) A shed.
(b) A wall.
(c) A car.
(d) A tree.
14. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
(a) The Invisible paper.
(b) The Hateful veil.
(c) The Fingerless glove.
(d) The Lover's flower.
15. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
2. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
3. What is wrong with two of the woman's fingers on both hands?
4. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
5. Who are on top of the train?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)