|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
(a) She bled all over him.
(b) She spread rumors about him.
(c) She stratched his cheek.
(d) She stole his wallet.
2. What does Breton think Nadja thinks of him as?
(a) A kind old man.
(b) A father figure.
(c) A lover.
(d) A god.
3. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) In her sock.
(b) In her panties.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) Under her hat.
4. What is the name of Breton's psychic?
(a) Madame Sacco.
(b) Madame Regal.
(c) Madame Tomas.
(d) Madame Satre.
5. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
(a) Slamming doors.
(b) Creaking floorboards.
(c) Screaming inmates.
(d) Keys grating in the locks.
6. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
7. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
(b) Short stories.
(c) Angel cards.
8. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Tell stories to herself.
(b) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(c) Tells jokes to herself.
(d) Guess the age of people.
9. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
(a) It has no glass.
(b) It has turned red.
(c) He can't see out of it.
(d) It is made of fiberglass.
10. Why does Breton have an headache?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) From the emotions he fled the previous night.
(c) From too much drinking.
(d) From lack of sleep.
11. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A book of story stories.
(b) A book of essays.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A novel.
12. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
(a) The work was too dirty.
(b) The people were sexist.
(c) The pay was too low.
(d) The hours were too long.
13. How does Nadja think Breton will recreate their relationship?
(a) In a novel.
(b) In his dreams.
(c) With another woman.
(d) In a poem.
14. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
15. What is plate 16 a picture of?
(b) A woman's glove.
(c) A poetry book.
(d) A plate of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Breton and Nadja catch a train to in this section?
2. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
3. What has a doctor advised Nadja to do?
4. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
5. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)