|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
(c) A sense of humor.
2. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
(a) Madame Sacco.
(b) Monsieur Eluard.
(c) Monsieur Deluis.
(d) Madame Desnos.
3. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A monkey.
4. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
5. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
6. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
(a) Post cards.
(d) Colored prints.
7. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To give him space.
(b) To recover from her drinking problem.
(c) To write her memoirs.
(d) To allow him to sleep with other women.
8. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
9. How does Nadja think Breton will recreate their relationship?
(a) With another woman.
(b) In his dreams.
(c) In a novel.
(d) In a poem.
10. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
(a) The Sphinx-Hotel.
(b) The King's Hotel.
(c) The Grande Hotel.
(d) The Regal Hotel.
11. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(b) Tells jokes to herself.
(c) Tell stories to herself.
(d) Guess the age of people.
12. Who telephones Breton on October the 9th?
(a) His wife.
13. What has a doctor advised Nadja to do?
(a) Stop taking drugs.
(b) Drink plenty of water.
(c) Take a trip.
(d) Find a job.
14. Who does Nadja say she is?
(a) The woman of mystery.
(b) The smiling assassin.
(c) The subject of a novel.
(d) The soul in limbo.
15. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Be a writer.
(b) Be someone else.
(c) Tell the story of Nadja.
(d) Write his memoirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
2. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
3. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
4. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
5. Who are on top of the train?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)