|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
2. Who does Nadja say she is?
(a) The soul in limbo.
(b) The woman of mystery.
(c) The smiling assassin.
(d) The subject of a novel.
3. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
(a) He was different.
(b) He was handsome.
(c) He was respected.
(d) He had money.
4. What is G the president of?
(b) The surrealist movement.
(c) The Assize court.
(d) The French governement.
5. What does the woman say she is going to?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The hairdressers.
6. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A book of story stories.
(c) A novel.
(d) A book of essays.
7. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To write her memoirs.
(b) To give him space.
(c) To allow him to sleep with other women.
(d) To recover from her drinking problem.
8. What is the name of Breton's psychic?
(a) Madame Tomas.
(b) Madame Sacco.
(c) Madame Satre.
(d) Madame Regal.
9. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Paint his own portrait.
(b) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(c) Illustrate his book.
(d) Paint Nadja's portrait.
10. What does Breton call compulsive?
11. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
(a) Drink himself to death.
(b) Bite someone.
(c) Kill someone.
(d) Read alot of books.
12. Why does Breton take issue with Nadja's mother watching people on the Metro?
(a) A person's life is their own business.
(b) He doesn't think the Metro is the place for a woman.
(c) He doesn't find people going to work interesting.
(d) He thinks the Metro is a waste of money.
13. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) Under her hat.
(b) In her panties.
(c) In her sock.
(d) In her shoe.
14. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
(c) Short stories.
(d) Angel cards.
15. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Tell stories to herself.
(b) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(c) Tells jokes to herself.
(d) Guess the age of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warned the artist about a woman called Nadia?
2. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
3. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
4. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
5. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)