|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
2. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can read.
(b) So she can watch people.
(c) So she can write.
(d) So she can relax.
3. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) In her panties.
(b) Under her hat.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) In her sock.
4. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
(a) Angel cards.
(b) Short stories.
5. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
(b) Mad people.
(c) Fun-loving people.
6. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Tell stories to herself.
(b) Tells jokes to herself.
(c) Guess the age of people.
(d) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
7. Why does Breton cry in this section?
(a) His son is ill.
(b) He knows Nadja is evil.
(c) He can't leave his wife.
(d) He knows he won't see Nadja again.
8. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Be someone else.
(b) Tell the story of Nadja.
(c) Be a writer.
(d) Write his memoirs.
9. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A butterfly.
10. What men does Breton say he admires?
(a) Men who who can be shut up to study paintings.
(b) Men who can write all day.
(c) Men who fall in love with one woman.
(d) Men who can abstain from sex.
11. What kind of discussions does Breton say him and Nadja could no longer avoid?
(a) Funny discussions.
(b) Violent discussions.
(c) Hateful discussions.
(d) Mystical dicussions.
12. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Cat's Dream.
(b) The Lonely Cat.
(c) The Jumping Fool.
(d) The Cat's Nightmare.
13. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Paint his own portrait.
(b) Illustrate his book.
(c) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(d) Paint Nadja's portrait.
14. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
(a) A sense of humor.
15. What is plate 16 a picture of?
(a) A woman's glove.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A poetry book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
2. What is the woman's name?
3. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
4. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
5. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)