|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
(a) The Fingerless glove.
(b) The Invisible paper.
(c) The Hateful veil.
(d) The Lover's flower.
2. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
3. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
(a) About losing a child.
(b) About being an alcoholic.
(c) About being in love.
(d) About going to prison.
4. What kind of discussions does Breton say him and Nadja could no longer avoid?
(a) Funny discussions.
(b) Mystical dicussions.
(c) Hateful discussions.
(d) Violent discussions.
5. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A cat.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A dog.
(d) A monkey.
6. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
(a) Lua France.
(c) Nouvelle France.
(d) Viva France.
7. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
8. What is G the president of?
(a) The French governement.
(b) The Assize court.
(c) The surrealist movement.
9. Why does Breton cry in this section?
(a) He can't leave his wife.
(b) He knows he won't see Nadja again.
(c) He knows Nadja is evil.
(d) His son is ill.
10. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
(a) Drink himself to death.
(b) Bite someone.
(c) Read alot of books.
(d) Kill someone.
11. Who does Nadja say she is?
(a) The smiling assassin.
(b) The woman of mystery.
(c) The soul in limbo.
(d) The subject of a novel.
12. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A student.
(d) A journalist.
13. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
(a) She thinks about him constantly.
(b) She reads his books.
(c) She meets other men.
(d) She is sucked into an ordinary life.
14. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
(a) She is married.
(b) She wasn't planning on meeting him.
(c) She is a drug addict.
(d) She has nowhere to live.
15. What does Breton call compulsive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Breton is supposed to be obsessed by?
2. What do the colored prints depict?
3. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
4. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
5. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)