|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the month at the beginning of this section?
2. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French writers.
(b) French revolutionaries.
(c) French queens.
(d) French kings.
3. What does the woman's name mean in Russian?
4. What does Breton call compulsive?
5. Why does Nadja say the man hit her in the face?
(a) She spat in his face.
(b) She spread rumors about him.
(c) She refused him.
(d) She didn't pay back a loan.
6. Who warned the artist about a woman called Nadia?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) Madame Sacco.
(d) Madame Wren.
7. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
(a) His books.
(b) His good mood.
(c) His notebooks.
(d) His paintings.
8. What does Nadja see in the train window?
(a) A leg.
(b) Her dead father.
(c) A old flame.
(d) A head upside-down.
9. Who does Nadja say she is?
(a) The soul in limbo.
(b) The smiling assassin.
(c) The subject of a novel.
(d) The woman of mystery.
10. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
11. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) A park.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A lake.
(d) Her apartment.
12. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Lonely Cat.
(b) The Cat's Dream.
(c) The Jumping Fool.
(d) The Cat's Nightmare.
13. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A man who once asked her to marry him.
(c) Her father.
(d) A man who once abused her.
14. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) In her sock.
(b) In her shoe.
(c) In her panties.
(d) Under her hat.
15. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Be a writer.
(b) Write his memoirs.
(c) Tell the story of Nadja.
(d) Be someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is G the president of?
2. What does Nadja say the spouts of water in the fountain are like?
3. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
4. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
5. What is a Mazda?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)