|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Cat's Dream.
(b) The Cat's Nightmare.
(c) The Lonely Cat.
(d) The Jumping Fool.
2. What did Nadja almost cause Breton to drive into?
(a) A wall.
(b) A shed.
(c) A car.
(d) A tree.
3. Who does Breton go to the bar with at the beginning of this section?
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
4. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
(a) Fun-loving people.
(d) Mad people.
5. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
(a) About being an alcoholic.
(b) About going to prison.
(c) About being in love.
(d) About losing a child.
6. What does Breton call compulsive?
7. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) A lake.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) A park.
8. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To allow him to sleep with other women.
(b) To give him space.
(c) To recover from her drinking problem.
(d) To write her memoirs.
9. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Tell the story of Nadja.
(b) Write his memoirs.
(c) Be someone else.
(d) Be a writer.
10. What does Breton think Nadja thinks of him as?
(a) A father figure.
(b) A lover.
(c) A god.
(d) A kind old man.
11. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) Under her hat.
(b) In her panties.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) In her sock.
12. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
(a) In memory of his wife.
(b) He always wanted to have a daughter by that name.
(c) In memory of his daughter.
(d) She looks like an old friend called Lena.
13. What kind of discussions does Breton say him and Nadja could no longer avoid?
(a) Violent discussions.
(b) Funny discussions.
(c) Mystical dicussions.
(d) Hateful discussions.
14. Why does Breton take issue with Nadja's mother watching people on the Metro?
(a) A person's life is their own business.
(b) He doesn't think the Metro is the place for a woman.
(c) He thinks the Metro is a waste of money.
(d) He doesn't find people going to work interesting.
15. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
(a) Jack Spright.
(b) Mr. Ancient.
(c) Funny Face.
(d) Dear Friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
2. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
3. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
4. What is wrong with two of the woman's fingers on both hands?
5. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)