|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A book of essays.
(b) A book of story stories.
(c) A novel.
(d) A book of poems.
2. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
(a) Jack Spright.
(b) Mr. Ancient.
(c) Dear Friend.
(d) Funny Face.
3. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
(a) His books.
(b) His paintings.
(c) His good mood.
(d) His notebooks.
4. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
(a) Screaming inmates.
(b) Keys grating in the locks.
(c) Slamming doors.
(d) Creaking floorboards.
5. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
(c) Colored prints.
(d) Post cards.
6. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
(a) The Fingerless glove.
(b) The Invisible paper.
(c) The Hateful veil.
(d) The Lover's flower.
7. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
8. What does Nadja notice about Breton when they meet at the beginning of this section?
(a) He is better dressed than the previous day.
(b) He looks happier.
(c) He is more relaxed than the previous day.
(d) He looks unhappy.
9. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Illustrate his book.
(b) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(c) Paint Nadja's portrait.
(d) Paint his own portrait.
10. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
(a) Explain his behavior.
(b) Fall in love again.
(c) Make himself understood.
(d) Enjoy himself.
11. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
(a) He can't see out of it.
(b) It has no glass.
(c) It has turned red.
(d) It is made of fiberglass.
12. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
13. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) Under her hat.
(b) In her panties.
(c) In her sock.
(d) In her shoe.
14. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(b) He feels Nadja is near.
(c) He needs another drink.
(d) He wants to be sick.
15. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
2. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
3. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
4. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
5. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)