|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
(a) He was handsome.
(b) He had money.
(c) He was respected.
(d) He was different.
2. What did Nadja almost cause Breton to drive into?
(a) A car.
(b) A shed.
(c) A wall.
(d) A tree.
3. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
(a) Real thoughts and dreams.
(b) Men and women.
(c) Adults and children.
(d) Unimportant and important remarks.
4. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(b) Tell stories to herself.
(c) Guess the age of people.
(d) Tells jokes to herself.
5. What does Nadja say has touched her about Breton?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His simplicity.
(c) His complexity.
(d) His power.
6. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) A lake.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) A park.
(d) A cafe.
7. What disappoints Nadja about Breton?
(a) He is short.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is married.
(d) He has been to university.
8. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He wants to be sick.
(b) He needs another drink.
(c) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(d) He feels Nadja is near.
9. What does the woman say she is going to?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A bar.
(d) The hairdressers.
10. Who telephones Breton on October the 9th?
(d) His wife.
11. What men does Breton say he admires?
(a) Men who can write all day.
(b) Men who can abstain from sex.
(c) Men who fall in love with one woman.
(d) Men who who can be shut up to study paintings.
12. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
13. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
(a) The Invisible paper.
(b) The Fingerless glove.
(c) The Lover's flower.
(d) The Hateful veil.
14. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
(a) She bled all over him.
(b) She spread rumors about him.
(c) She stratched his cheek.
(d) She stole his wallet.
15. What has a doctor advised Nadja to do?
(a) Stop taking drugs.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Take a trip.
(d) Drink plenty of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
2. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
3. What is coming out from behind a hand in Nadja's cut out?
4. What is G the president of?
5. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)