|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadja notice about Breton when they meet at the beginning of this section?
(a) He looks happier.
(b) He is better dressed than the previous day.
(c) He is more relaxed than the previous day.
(d) He looks unhappy.
2. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Tell the story of Nadja.
(b) Be someone else.
(c) Write his memoirs.
(d) Be a writer.
4. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
5. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French kings.
(b) French queens.
(c) French revolutionaries.
(d) French writers.
6. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
7. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
8. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
(a) A prison.
(b) A rest home.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A rehad center.
9. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
(a) Slamming doors.
(b) Creaking floorboards.
(c) Screaming inmates.
(d) Keys grating in the locks.
10. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
(a) He was respected.
(b) He had money.
(c) He was different.
(d) He was handsome.
11. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
(a) He wants to watch her eat again.
(b) He wants to be near the things she's near.
(c) He wants to see her eyes light up when he gives her a present.
(d) He wants to kiss her hand.
12. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
(a) Kill someone.
(b) Drink himself to death.
(c) Bite someone.
(d) Read alot of books.
13. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
(a) Kill his creative spirit.
(b) Leave him a broken man.
(c) Harm the woman he loves.
(d) Harm his children.
14. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
15. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can read.
(b) So she can relax.
(c) So she can write.
(d) So she can watch people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
2. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
3. What kind of discussions does Breton say him and Nadja could no longer avoid?
4. Why does Breton cry in this section?
5. How does Nadja think Breton will recreate their relationship?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)