|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What men does Breton say he admires?
(a) Men who can write all day.
(b) Men who fall in love with one woman.
(c) Men who who can be shut up to study paintings.
(d) Men who can abstain from sex.
2. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
(a) He had money.
(b) He was different.
(c) He was handsome.
(d) He was respected.
3. Who does Breton go to the bar with at the beginning of this section?
(a) His wife.
(d) His brother.
4. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
(a) He is in a bad mmod.
(b) His wife is in labor.
(c) His wife is ill.
(d) He has met another woman he likes.
5. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Tells a joke.
(b) Offer to buy her a drink.
(c) Recites her a poem.
(d) Reads her one of his stories.
6. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To allow him to sleep with other women.
(b) To write her memoirs.
(c) To give him space.
(d) To recover from her drinking problem.
7. Why does Nadja say people look at them?
(a) The have a fire together.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) She is well known.
(d) Breton is famous.
8. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Paint his own portrait.
(b) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(c) Paint Nadja's portrait.
(d) Illustrate his book.
9. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
(a) Madame Desnos.
(b) Monsieur Eluard.
(c) Madame Sacco.
(d) Monsieur Deluis.
10. What does Breton call compulsive?
11. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
12. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A student.
13. Where do Breton and Nadja catch a train to in this section?
(d) St. Germain.
14. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
15. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
(a) About being in love.
(b) About going to prison.
(c) About losing a child.
(d) About being an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
2. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
3. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
4. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
5. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)