|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
(a) He wants to be near the things she's near.
(b) He wants to kiss her hand.
(c) He wants to see her eyes light up when he gives her a present.
(d) He wants to watch her eat again.
2. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A dog.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A cat.
(d) A monkey.
3. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
4. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
(a) Jack Spright.
(b) Dear Friend.
(c) Funny Face.
(d) Mr. Ancient.
5. What is Nadja's opinion of her father?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is abusive.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is wonderful.
6. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A novel.
(b) A book of essays.
(c) A book of story stories.
(d) A book of poems.
7. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
(a) The Regal Hotel.
(b) The King's Hotel.
(c) The Grande Hotel.
(d) The Sphinx-Hotel.
8. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
(a) She is a drug addict.
(b) She is married.
(c) She wasn't planning on meeting him.
(d) She has nowhere to live.
9. How does Nadja think Breton will recreate their relationship?
(a) In his dreams.
(b) In a poem.
(c) With another woman.
(d) In a novel.
10. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) In her sock.
(b) Under her hat.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) In her panties.
11. Why does Breton take issue with Nadja's mother watching people on the Metro?
(a) He doesn't find people going to work interesting.
(b) A person's life is their own business.
(c) He doesn't think the Metro is the place for a woman.
(d) He thinks the Metro is a waste of money.
12. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He wants to be sick.
(b) He feels Nadja is near.
(c) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(d) He needs another drink.
13. What did Nadja almost cause Breton to drive into?
(a) A wall.
(b) A shed.
(c) A car.
(d) A tree.
14. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Reads her one of his stories.
(b) Recites her a poem.
(c) Offer to buy her a drink.
(d) Tells a joke.
15. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
(a) A sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
2. What angers Breton about the woman?
3. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
4. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
5. What is the name of the woman Breton is supposed to be obsessed by?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)