|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Tell the story of Nadja.
(b) Write his memoirs.
(c) Be someone else.
(d) Be a writer.
2. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A book of story stories.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A book of essays.
(d) A novel.
3. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her eyes.
4. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A dog.
5. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
(a) She spread rumors about him.
(b) She bled all over him.
(c) She stole his wallet.
(d) She stratched his cheek.
6. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
(a) In memory of his daughter.
(b) She looks like an old friend called Lena.
(c) He always wanted to have a daughter by that name.
(d) In memory of his wife.
7. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
(a) Lua France.
(b) Viva France.
(d) Nouvelle France.
8. What does the woman say she is having problems with?
9. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French kings.
(b) French writers.
(c) French revolutionaries.
(d) French queens.
10. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
(a) Mad people.
(d) Fun-loving people.
11. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
(a) A writer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A student.
(d) A journalist.
12. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(b) Tells jokes to herself.
(c) Guess the age of people.
(d) Tell stories to herself.
13. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Recites her a poem.
(b) Reads her one of his stories.
(c) Offer to buy her a drink.
(d) Tells a joke.
14. Who is plate 19 a picture of?
(a) Madame Desnos.
(b) Madame Sacco.
(c) Monsieur Eluard.
(d) Monsieur Deluis.
15. What is the month at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Breton's psychic?
2. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
3. What does Breton think Nadja thinks of him as?
4. Who does Breton go to the bar with at the beginning of this section?
5. Who does Nadja say she is?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)