|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton cry in this section?
(a) He can't leave his wife.
(b) He knows Nadja is evil.
(c) He knows he won't see Nadja again.
(d) His son is ill.
2. What kind of discussions does Breton say him and Nadja could no longer avoid?
(a) Violent discussions.
(b) Funny discussions.
(c) Mystical dicussions.
(d) Hateful discussions.
3. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A park.
(c) A lake.
(d) A cafe.
4. Who are on top of the train?
(a) Train robbers.
(c) Railroad workers.
(d) Student protestors.
5. What is a Mazda?
(a) A type of lightbulb.
(b) The name of poet.
(c) A plant.
(d) A type of car.
6. What men does Breton say he admires?
(a) Men who can write all day.
(b) Men who fall in love with one woman.
(c) Men who can abstain from sex.
(d) Men who who can be shut up to study paintings.
7. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Offer to buy her a drink.
(b) Reads her one of his stories.
(c) Tells a joke.
(d) Recites her a poem.
8. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
9. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
(a) His wife is in labor.
(b) He has met another woman he likes.
(c) He is in a bad mmod.
(d) His wife is ill.
10. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
(a) About being an alcoholic.
(b) About being in love.
(c) About losing a child.
(d) About going to prison.
11. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
12. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
(a) He always wanted to have a daughter by that name.
(b) She looks like an old friend called Lena.
(c) In memory of his wife.
(d) In memory of his daughter.
13. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can relax.
(b) So she can read.
(c) So she can watch people.
(d) So she can write.
14. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A book of essays.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A novel.
(d) A book of story stories.
15. What does Nadja say the spouts of water in the fountain are like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
2. What does Breton call compulsive?
3. What do the colored prints depict?
4. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
5. What is the woman's name?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)