|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
2. What angers Breton about the woman?
(a) She swears constantly.
(b) She hasn't noticed her fingers.
(c) She laughs horribly.
(d) She constantly needs the bathroon.
3. Why does Breton have an headache?
(a) From the emotions he fled the previous night.
(b) From lack of sleep.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) From too much drinking.
4. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
(a) She stratched his cheek.
(b) She stole his wallet.
(c) She bled all over him.
(d) She spread rumors about him.
5. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Tells jokes to herself.
(b) Tell stories to herself.
(c) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(d) Guess the age of people.
6. What is G the president of?
(b) The French governement.
(c) The surrealist movement.
(d) The Assize court.
7. Why does Breton cry in this section?
(a) His son is ill.
(b) He knows Nadja is evil.
(c) He can't leave his wife.
(d) He knows he won't see Nadja again.
8. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(b) He feels Nadja is near.
(c) He needs another drink.
(d) He wants to be sick.
9. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French kings.
(b) French writers.
(c) French revolutionaries.
(d) French queens.
10. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Be someone else.
(b) Tell the story of Nadja.
(c) Write his memoirs.
(d) Be a writer.
11. What does the woman say she is going to?
(a) A bar.
(b) The hairdressers.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A restaurant.
12. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
(a) Colored prints.
(c) Post cards.
13. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
(a) Men and women.
(b) Adults and children.
(c) Unimportant and important remarks.
(d) Real thoughts and dreams.
14. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Recites her a poem.
(b) Tells a joke.
(c) Offer to buy her a drink.
(d) Reads her one of his stories.
15. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What men does Breton say he admires?
2. What does the woman's name mean in Russian?
3. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
4. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
5. What is the name of the woman Breton is supposed to be obsessed by?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)