|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are on top of the train?
(a) Student protestors.
(b) Railroad workers.
(c) Train robbers.
2. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
(a) The Regal Hotel.
(b) The Sphinx-Hotel.
(c) The King's Hotel.
(d) The Grande Hotel.
3. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
4. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
(a) He gives him extra money.
(b) He shouts at him.
(c) He tells him he knows people who would want his prints.
(d) He stamps on his foot.
5. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
(a) She is sucked into an ordinary life.
(b) She meets other men.
(c) She thinks about him constantly.
(d) She reads his books.
6. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
7. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
(a) He wants to be near the things she's near.
(b) He wants to see her eyes light up when he gives her a present.
(c) He wants to watch her eat again.
(d) He wants to kiss her hand.
8. What does Nadja like to draw herself as?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
9. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He feels Nadja is near.
(b) He needs another drink.
(c) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(d) He wants to be sick.
10. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
(a) Creaking floorboards.
(b) Screaming inmates.
(c) Keys grating in the locks.
(d) Slamming doors.
11. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
(a) Nouvelle France.
(b) Lua France.
(d) Viva France.
12. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
13. Who warned the artist about a woman called Nadia?
(a) Madame Wren.
(b) Madame Sacco.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
14. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Write his memoirs.
(b) Be someone else.
(c) Be a writer.
(d) Tell the story of Nadja.
15. Who does Breton go to the bar with at the beginning of this section?
(a) His wife.
(c) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
2. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
3. What transfixes Breton about the woman that is walking towards him?
4. What is wrong with two of the woman's fingers on both hands?
5. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)