|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
(a) A rest home.
(b) A rehad center.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital.
2. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A novel.
(c) A book of essays.
(d) A book of story stories.
3. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can watch people.
(b) So she can read.
(c) So she can write.
(d) So she can relax.
4. What does Nadja invent for Breton?
(a) The Hateful veil.
(b) The Invisible paper.
(c) The Fingerless glove.
(d) The Lover's flower.
5. Why does Breton take issue with Nadja's mother watching people on the Metro?
(a) He doesn't think the Metro is the place for a woman.
(b) He thinks the Metro is a waste of money.
(c) He doesn't find people going to work interesting.
(d) A person's life is their own business.
6. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Cat's Nightmare.
(b) The Cat's Dream.
(c) The Lonely Cat.
(d) The Jumping Fool.
7. What is a Mazda?
(a) The name of poet.
(b) A plant.
(c) A type of lightbulb.
(d) A type of car.
8. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
(a) The people were sexist.
(b) The work was too dirty.
(c) The hours were too long.
(d) The pay was too low.
9. What does Breton think Nadja thinks of him as?
(a) A father figure.
(b) A kind old man.
(c) A god.
(d) A lover.
10. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
(a) A student.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A writer.
11. Who warned the artist about a woman called Nadia?
(a) His mother.
(b) Madame Sacco.
(c) His wife.
(d) Madame Wren.
12. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
(a) In memory of his daughter.
(b) In memory of his wife.
(c) She looks like an old friend called Lena.
(d) He always wanted to have a daughter by that name.
13. Why does Breton have an headache?
(a) From the emotions he fled the previous night.
(b) From too much drinking.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) From lack of sleep.
14. What is the woman's name?
15. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
(a) Nouvelle France.
(b) Lua France.
(d) Viva France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
2. What does Breton say he will never stop searching for?
3. What does Nadja see in the train window?
4. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
5. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)