|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can write.
(b) So she can relax.
(c) So she can read.
(d) So she can watch people.
2. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
(a) A student.
(b) A writer.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Tell the story of Nadja.
(b) Write his memoirs.
(c) Be a writer.
(d) Be someone else.
4. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) Under her hat.
(b) In her panties.
(c) In her sock.
(d) In her shoe.
5. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To recover from her drinking problem.
(b) To allow him to sleep with other women.
(c) To give him space.
(d) To write her memoirs.
6. What does Nadja say the spouts of water in the fountain are like?
7. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
(b) Angel cards.
(c) Short stories.
8. What is the name of the woman Breton is supposed to be obsessed by?
9. What is the woman's name?
10. What is coming out from behind a hand in Nadja's cut out?
(a) A woman's breast.
(b) A cat's head.
(c) A man's hand.
(d) A woman's head.
11. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
(a) His good mood.
(b) His paintings.
(c) His notebooks.
(d) His books.
12. What angers Breton about the woman?
(a) She laughs horribly.
(b) She swears constantly.
(c) She hasn't noticed her fingers.
(d) She constantly needs the bathroon.
13. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Paint Nadja's portrait.
(b) Illustrate his book.
(c) Paint his own portrait.
(d) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
14. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
(a) Her father.
(b) A man who once asked her to marry him.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A man who once abused her.
15. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadja babble about in the courtyard?
2. What men does Breton say he admires?
3. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
4. What is G the president of?
5. What does Nadja see in the train window?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)