|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(b) He wants to be sick.
(c) He feels Nadja is near.
(d) He needs another drink.
2. What is the name of Breton's psychic?
(a) Madame Sacco.
(b) Madame Satre.
(c) Madame Regal.
(d) Madame Tomas.
3. Where is the second man from that Nadja talks about in this section?
4. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
(a) It has no glass.
(b) He can't see out of it.
(c) It is made of fiberglass.
(d) It has turned red.
5. Why does Nadja's mother like to ride the Metro?
(a) So she can relax.
(b) So she can write.
(c) So she can watch people.
(d) So she can read.
6. Why did the second man insist on calling Nadja Lena?
(a) He always wanted to have a daughter by that name.
(b) In memory of his daughter.
(c) She looks like an old friend called Lena.
(d) In memory of his wife.
7. What did Nadja almost cause Breton to drive into?
(a) A tree.
(b) A wall.
(c) A car.
(d) A shed.
8. Who does Breton go to the bar with at the beginning of this section?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
9. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
10. Why does Nadja say she liked going out with Dear Friend?
(a) He had money.
(b) He was respected.
(c) He was handsome.
(d) He was different.
11. What is Nadja's opinion of her father?
(a) He is wonderful.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He is weak.
12. What does Nadja say she always does to keep herself amused?
(a) Tell stories to herself.
(b) Guess the age of people.
(c) Guess the kind of relationship a couple have.
(d) Tells jokes to herself.
13. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
(b) Post cards.
(c) Colored prints.
14. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Jumping Fool.
(b) The Cat's Dream.
(c) The Lonely Cat.
(d) The Cat's Nightmare.
15. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Recites her a poem.
(b) Reads her one of his stories.
(c) Offer to buy her a drink.
(d) Tells a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
2. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
3. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
4. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
5. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)