|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton call compulsive?
2. What is wrong with two of the woman's fingers on both hands?
(a) They are missing.
(b) They are too small.
(c) They are broken.
(d) They are fused together.
3. Why does Breton say he wants to see Nadja?
(a) He wants to see her eyes light up when he gives her a present.
(b) He wants to be near the things she's near.
(c) He wants to kiss her hand.
(d) He wants to watch her eat again.
4. What disappoints Nadja about Breton?
(a) He is short.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He has been to university.
(d) He is married.
5. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Tells a joke.
(b) Reads her one of his stories.
(c) Offer to buy her a drink.
(d) Recites her a poem.
6. What does the woman's name mean in Russian?
7. What is the woman's name?
8. Which of the following does Breton think will annoy Nadja about the sanitarium?
(a) Keys grating in the locks.
(b) Screaming inmates.
(c) Creaking floorboards.
(d) Slamming doors.
9. What men does Breton say he admires?
(a) Men who fall in love with one woman.
(b) Men who can write all day.
(c) Men who who can be shut up to study paintings.
(d) Men who can abstain from sex.
10. Why does Breton cry in this section?
(a) He knows Nadja is evil.
(b) He knows he won't see Nadja again.
(c) He can't leave his wife.
(d) His son is ill.
11. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Write his memoirs.
(b) Be someone else.
(c) Tell the story of Nadja.
(d) Be a writer.
12. Why does Breton take issue with Nadja's mother watching people on the Metro?
(a) He doesn't find people going to work interesting.
(b) A person's life is their own business.
(c) He doesn't think the Metro is the place for a woman.
(d) He thinks the Metro is a waste of money.
13. Why does Breton have an headache?
(a) From too much drinking.
(b) From lack of sleep.
(c) From the emotions he fled the previous night.
(d) He has the flu.
14. What is the name of the hotel Nadja stayed during her first night in Paris?
(a) The Sphinx-Hotel.
(b) The Grande Hotel.
(c) The King's Hotel.
(d) The Regal Hotel.
15. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
(a) It has no glass.
(b) It has turned red.
(c) He can't see out of it.
(d) It is made of fiberglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
2. What is the name of the bookstore Breton goes to in this section?
3. What has a doctor advised Nadja to do?
4. Where do Breton and Nadja catch a train to in this section?
5. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)