|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
(a) His wife is in labor.
(b) He has met another woman he likes.
(c) His wife is ill.
(d) He is in a bad mmod.
2. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
(a) Her father.
(b) A man who once asked her to marry him.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A man who once abused her.
3. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
(b) Mad people.
(c) Fun-loving people.
4. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
(b) Lua France.
(c) Nouvelle France.
(d) Viva France.
5. What disappoints Nadja about Breton?
(a) He is short.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He has been to university.
(d) He is married.
6. Who telephones Breton on October the 9th?
(b) His wife.
7. What is coming out from behind a hand in Nadja's cut out?
(a) A woman's breast.
(b) A woman's head.
(c) A man's hand.
(d) A cat's head.
8. What does Breton say he has now yielded the desire to do?
(a) Tell the story of Nadja.
(b) Be someone else.
(c) Be a writer.
(d) Write his memoirs.
9. What is the woman's name?
10. Why did the woman leave her previous boyfriend?
(a) To give him space.
(b) To recover from her drinking problem.
(c) To write her memoirs.
(d) To allow him to sleep with other women.
11. How does Nadja think Breton will recreate their relationship?
(a) In a poem.
(b) In his dreams.
(c) In a novel.
(d) With another woman.
12. What does Breton say Nadja makes no difference between?
(a) Men and women.
(b) Real thoughts and dreams.
(c) Unimportant and important remarks.
(d) Adults and children.
13. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
14. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
15. What does Nadja say has touched her about Breton?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His complexity.
(c) His simplicity.
(d) His power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nadja almost cause Breton to drive into?
2. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
3. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
4. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
5. What does the woman say she is going to?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)