|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
(a) Bite someone.
(b) Read alot of books.
(c) Drink himself to death.
(d) Kill someone.
2. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What men does Breton say he admires?
(a) Men who fall in love with one woman.
(b) Men who can write all day.
(c) Men who can abstain from sex.
(d) Men who who can be shut up to study paintings.
5. What does the woman's name mean in Russian?
6. Why does Nadja say people look at them?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) The have a fire together.
(c) She is well known.
(d) Breton is famous.
7. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) A lake.
(b) A park.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Her apartment.
8. What is Nadja's opinion of her father?
(a) He is wonderful.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He is abusive.
(d) He is stupid.
9. How did Nadja get back at the man who hit her?
(a) She spread rumors about him.
(b) She stole his wallet.
(c) She bled all over him.
(d) She stratched his cheek.
10. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
11. Who does Nadja say she is?
(a) The woman of mystery.
(b) The smiling assassin.
(c) The subject of a novel.
(d) The soul in limbo.
12. Why does Breton cry in this section?
(a) He knows he won't see Nadja again.
(b) He knows Nadja is evil.
(c) He can't leave his wife.
(d) His son is ill.
13. Why did Nadja decide not to work at butchers and bakers?
(a) The work was too dirty.
(b) The hours were too long.
(c) The pay was too low.
(d) The people were sexist.
14. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Paint his own portrait.
(b) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(c) Paint Nadja's portrait.
(d) Illustrate his book.
15. Why does Breton get out of the taxi?
(a) He wants to be sick.
(b) He is tired of talking to his wife.
(c) He feels Nadja is near.
(d) He needs another drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nadja believe she sees at the end of this section?
2. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
3. What do the colored prints depict?
4. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
5. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)