|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
2. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
(a) Kill his creative spirit.
(b) Harm his children.
(c) Harm the woman he loves.
(d) Leave him a broken man.
3. What does Breton ask his artist friend to do for him?
(a) Paint his own portrait.
(b) Paint Nadja's portrait.
(c) Hold a meeting for his surrealist group.
(d) Illustrate his book.
4. What does Breton do to try and soothe Nadja?
(a) Reads her one of his stories.
(b) Recites her a poem.
(c) Offer to buy her a drink.
(d) Tells a joke.
5. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
(a) He can't see out of it.
(b) It is made of fiberglass.
(c) It has no glass.
(d) It has turned red.
6. What does Nadja admit to Breton when he meets her by chance?
(a) She wasn't planning on meeting him.
(b) She has nowhere to live.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is a drug addict.
7. What is the month at the beginning of this section?
8. What does Breton say are made in sanitariums?
(b) Fun-loving people.
(d) Mad people.
9. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
(a) Explain his behavior.
(b) Make himself understood.
(c) Enjoy himself.
(d) Fall in love again.
10. Who does Breton go to the bar with at the beginning of this section?
(b) His brother.
(d) His wife.
11. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French kings.
(b) French revolutionaries.
(c) French queens.
(d) French writers.
12. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
(a) Colored prints.
(b) Post cards.
13. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
(a) She meets other men.
(b) She thinks about him constantly.
(c) She is sucked into an ordinary life.
(d) She reads his books.
14. What is the woman's name?
15. Where is the second man from that Nadja talks about in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
2. What does Breton say Nadja is unable to hold onto?
3. What name does Breton say no longer rings in his ear?
4. What is the only thing Breton thinks could have kept him and Nadja together?
5. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)