|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton call compulsive?
2. What does Breton say the last pages of the book are his chance to do?
(a) Enjoy himself.
(b) Make himself understood.
(c) Explain his behavior.
(d) Fall in love again.
3. What did Nadja's friend suggest she buy with the money he gave her?
4. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
5. Who does the woman say she was in love but recently left?
(a) A student.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A journalist.
6. What is the month at the beginning of this section?
7. What does Nadja see in the train window?
(a) A old flame.
(b) Her dead father.
(c) A leg.
(d) A head upside-down.
8. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
9. What does the woman say she is going to?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The hairdressers.
10. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Cat's Dream.
(b) The Jumping Fool.
(c) The Cat's Nightmare.
(d) The Lonely Cat.
11. What does Breton say be would do if he was put in a sanitarium?
(a) Kill someone.
(b) Bite someone.
(c) Drink himself to death.
(d) Read alot of books.
12. What does Nadja say has touched her about Breton?
(a) His power.
(b) His simplicity.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His complexity.
13. Where did Nadja hide a small bit of cocaine?
(a) In her shoe.
(b) In her panties.
(c) Under her hat.
(d) In her sock.
14. Where is the second man from that Nadja talks about in this section?
15. What does Nadja ask Breton to bring with him the next time they meet?
(a) His good mood.
(b) His books.
(c) His paintings.
(d) His notebooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warned the artist about a woman called Nadia?
2. What does Breton think happens to Nadja when he is not there?
3. What do Breton and his wife talk about at the bar?
4. What kind of book does Breton bring with him to the meeting?
5. What angers Breton about the woman?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)