|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of her family does Nadja write to regularly?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. How does Breton make the peddler go away?
(a) He tells him he knows people who would want his prints.
(b) He shouts at him.
(c) He gives him extra money.
(d) He stamps on his foot.
3. What is a Mazda?
(a) A type of lightbulb.
(b) The name of poet.
(c) A type of car.
(d) A plant.
4. What is the name of the picture that depicts a cat tied down and trying to jump?
(a) The Jumping Fool.
(b) The Cat's Nightmare.
(c) The Cat's Dream.
(d) The Lonely Cat.
5. What does the artist think Nadja will do if he meets her?
(a) Harm his children.
(b) Leave him a broken man.
(c) Harm the woman he loves.
(d) Kill his creative spirit.
6. What does Nadja call the man she met in Paris who was in his seventies?
(a) Funny Face.
(b) Jack Spright.
(c) Dear Friend.
(d) Mr. Ancient.
7. Where does Breton go with Nadja on October the 7th?
(a) A lake.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A park.
(d) Her apartment.
8. What do the colored prints depict?
(a) French revolutionaries.
(b) French writers.
(c) French kings.
(d) French queens.
9. Why is Breton distracted when he meets Nadja in this section?
(a) His wife is in labor.
(b) He has met another woman he likes.
(c) He is in a bad mmod.
(d) His wife is ill.
10. What is the peddler selling in the bar?
(a) Post cards.
(c) Colored prints.
11. What is Breton unwilling to admit about the window?
(a) It has turned red.
(b) It is made of fiberglass.
(c) It has no glass.
(d) He can't see out of it.
12. What is the name of the woman Breton is supposed to be obsessed by?
13. What is wrong with two of the woman's fingers on both hands?
(a) They are too small.
(b) They are broken.
(c) They are fused together.
(d) They are missing.
14. What does Breton say he will give Nadja the next day?
15. What does Breton call compulsive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar Breton meets Nadja?
2. What does Nadja make Breton read in this section?
3. Where does Breton think Nadja would have gone if she was rich in stead of the sanitarium?
4. What is the woman's name?
5. How does the waiter act when he serves them?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)