|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
(b) Well done sir.
(d) How amusing.
2. What philosopher's notes does Breton find in the Rimbaud book?
3. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
4. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
5. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
(a) Critical analysis.
(b) The media.
(c) The events of everyday life.
(d) People's feelings.
6. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
7. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
(a) Main entrance, madame.
(b) Servant gate, madame.
(c) Pedestrian gate. madame.
(d) Bridal gate, madame.
8. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
9. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
10. Who does the insect take the place of?
(b) His brother.
(c) An old man.
11. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
(a) Grands Hommes.
(c) Les Champs Magnetiques.
12. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
(a) The Fish in the Sea.
(b) The Tentacles of Hope.
(c) Chinese Mayhem.
(d) The Grip of the Octopus.
13. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
(a) The Blue Castle.
(b) The Hippy Hall.
(c) The Trance House.
(d) The Electric Palace.
14. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
(a) The beach.
(b) A lake.
(c) A park.
(d) A museum.
15. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
(a) Jesus and John the Baptist.
(b) Iron and steel.
(c) Samson and Deliah.
(d) Philemon and Baucis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
2. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
3. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
4. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
5. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)