|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
(a) A hut.
(b) A shed.
(c) A garage.
(d) A basement.
2. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
3. Who does the old woman say she has just a call from?
(a) Her grandson.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her granddaughter.
4. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) An old hag.
(b) A talking tree.
(c) A naked woman.
(d) An elf.
5. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(b) Van Gogh.
6. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
(a) His real parents.
(b) His relation to other men.
(c) His intellectual capabilities.
(d) The love of his life.
7. What did one author to another that he should change about his heroine?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her gender.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her nose.
8. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
(a) Philipe Saint-Andre.
(b) John-Paul Satre.
(c) Tristan Tzara.
(d) Albert Camus.
9. What did the engraving look like from a certain angle?
(a) A lion.
(b) An angel.
(c) A football.
(d) A gun.
10. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) The future.
(b) The stupidity of the French government.
(c) His connection with the past.
(d) What he cannot.
11. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
12. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
(a) She has come to warn him about the police.
(b) She has come to ask him to pay his bill.
(c) She has come to ask him for a drink.
(d) She has come to recommend someone to him.
13. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
(a) The theater's stage.
(b) The theater's bar.
(c) The theater's bathroom.
(d) The theater's auditorium.
14. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
(a) Grands Hommes.
(b) Linkin Park.
(c) Place Maubert.
(d) Place d'Ango.
15. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
(a) Whom he inspires.
(b) Whom he hates.
(c) Whom he loves.
(d) Whom he haunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
2. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
3. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
4. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
5. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)