|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
2. What was the name of Victor Hugo's lover?
(a) Juliette Drouet.
(b) Helena Freud.
(c) Daniella Farkas.
(d) Nina Hagen.
3. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
(a) The beauty of their simple nature.
(b) The inadequacy of their self-evaluation.
(c) The complexity of their thoughts.
(d) The importance of themselves as people.
4. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His humor and seriousness.
(b) His loves and hates.
(c) His friends and foes.
(d) His strengths and weaknesses.
5. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
(a) Linkin Park.
(b) Grands Hommes.
(c) Place d'Ango.
(d) Place Maubert.
6. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
(a) A body.
7. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) Andre Breton.
(d) Victor Hugo.
8. What color was the insect Breton dreamed about?
(a) Pebble colored.
(b) Sand colored.
(c) Mud colored.
(d) Moss colored.
9. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) The stupidity of the French government.
(b) What he cannot.
(c) The future.
(d) His connection with the past.
10. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
11. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
(a) His yellow period.
(b) His nap period.
(c) His tired period.
(d) His crazy period.
12. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
13. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
(c) Van Gogh.
14. What is the name of the book Breton wrote with Philippe Soupault?
(b) Magnetic Times.
(c) Les Champs Magnetiques.
(d) Madame Bovary.
15. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Paul Eluard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the play Breton says he has admired?
2. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
3. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
4. What does Breton visit in Saint-Ouen?
5. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)