|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
(b) Grands Hommes.
(d) Les Champs Magnetiques.
2. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(a) Paul Eluard.
(d) Andre Breton.
3. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
(a) A beer.
(b) A copy of one of her short stories.
(c) A copy of one of her poems.
(d) A watch.
4. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
5. Who does the young man mistake Breton?
(a) His brother.
(b) A painter.
(c) A friend killed in the war.
(d) Another writer.
6. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
(a) A girl's school.
(b) A museum.
(c) A boy's school.
(d) An alleyway.
7. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) His connection with the past.
(b) The future.
(c) The stupidity of the French government.
(d) What he cannot.
8. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
(a) She has come to warn him about the police.
(b) She has come to recommend someone to him.
(c) She has come to ask him to pay his bill.
(d) She has come to ask him for a drink.
9. What is the play Breton says he has admired?
(a) The Sea Gull.
(b) Les Humana.
(c) Les Detraquees.
(d) Look Back in Anger.
10. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
11. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
(a) How far we can push ourselves.
(b) The true meaning of life.
(c) A sense of humor.
(d) Our relationship to others.
12. What does the gardener tell the principal about Solange?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He missed his train.
(d) He was taken to court.
13. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
(a) His nap period.
(b) His tired period.
(c) His yellow period.
(d) His crazy period.
14. Why does Breton hit the insect with his cane?
(a) It is too ugly to bear.
(b) It is trying to destroy the machine.
(c) He feels it has committed fraud.
(d) It is trying to bite his neck.
15. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
(a) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
2. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
3. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
4. What was the color of the woman's glove?
5. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)