|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
2. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
(a) The media.
(b) The events of everyday life.
(c) Critical analysis.
(d) People's feelings.
3. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
(a) Theater Moderne.
(b) Theater Surreal.
(c) Theater Absurd.
(d) Theater Noir.
4. What was the color of the woman's glove?
5. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
(a) Samson and Deliah.
(b) Jesus and John the Baptist.
(c) Philemon and Baucis.
(d) Iron and steel.
6. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A swan.
(c) A rose.
(d) A book.
7. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
(a) Grands Hommes.
(b) Place Maubert.
(c) Place d'Ango.
(d) Linkin Park.
8. Which painter's paintings does Breton say have magnificent light?
(a) Van Gogh.
9. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
10. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) What he cannot.
(b) His connection with the past.
(c) The future.
(d) The stupidity of the French government.
11. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
(c) A body.
12. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
14. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
15. What did one author to another that he should change about his heroine?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her gender.
(d) Her nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the insect take the place of?
2. How does the insect try to choke Breton?
3. What is Breton's first point of departure?
4. Why does Breton hit the insect with his cane?
5. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)