|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
(a) Philipe Saint-Andre.
(b) Tristan Tzara.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) John-Paul Satre.
2. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
(a) She has come to ask him to pay his bill.
(b) She has come to warn him about the police.
(c) She has come to recommend someone to him.
(d) She has come to ask him for a drink.
3. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
4. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
(a) Short stories.
5. What does Breton say the Manoir d'Ango leaves in the courtyard when it explodes?
(a) Blank paper.
(b) Human hair.
(c) Human bones.
(d) Dove feathers.
6. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
7. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was going through a breakup.
(b) When he was hungry.
(c) When he was surprised.
(d) When he was in love.
8. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
9. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
10. What does Breton compare the bird in his ceiling to?
(a) A spider.
(b) A goat.
(c) A duck.
(d) A grasshopper.
11. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
(a) A museum.
(b) The beach.
(c) A lake.
(d) A park.
12. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
(a) The Blue Castle.
(b) The Electric Palace.
(c) The Trance House.
(d) The Hippy Hall.
13. What does the insect do at the machine?
(a) Hits it with its tail.
(b) Licks the metal.
(c) Blows it up.
(d) Puts money in the slot.
14. What is the name of the famous archway at the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
(a) Arc de Triumphe.
(b) Grip of the Octopus.
(c) Porte Saint-Denis.
(d) Arch of Liberty.
15. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
(c) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
2. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
3. What is the play Breton says he has admired?
4. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
5. What does Breton say the actors do in the Theater Moderne rather than listen to each other?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)