|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
(a) His personal views.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His bone structure.
(d) His love life.
2. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
(a) In a well.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) A medicine cabinet.
(d) A wardrobe.
3. What did one author to another that he should change about his heroine?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her gender.
(d) Her hair.
4. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His strengths and weaknesses.
(b) His humor and seriousness.
(c) His friends and foes.
(d) His loves and hates.
5. How does the insect try to choke Breton?
(a) By sitting in his neck.
(b) By wrapping its legs around his throat.
(c) By wrapping a metal chain around his neck.
(d) By staring at him.
6. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was surprised.
(b) When he was hungry.
(c) When he was in love.
(d) When he was going through a breakup.
7. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
8. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
(a) Jesus and John the Baptist.
(b) Iron and steel.
(c) Philemon and Baucis.
(d) Samson and Deliah.
9. What does Breton compare the bird in his ceiling to?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A goat.
(c) A duck.
(d) A spider.
10. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
11. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
(a) The Electric Palace.
(b) The Trance House.
(c) The Hippy Hall.
(d) The Blue Castle.
12. What does Breton accept as a material necessity?
13. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
14. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
15. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
(a) Theater Noir.
(b) Theater Absurd.
(c) Theater Surreal.
(d) Theater Moderne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
2. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
3. What philosopher's notes does Breton find in the Rimbaud book?
4. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
5. Why does Breton hit the insect with his cane?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)