|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
2. What does the gardener tell the principal about Solange?
(a) He missed his train.
(b) He was taken to court.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He was murdered.
3. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
4. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
(a) Theater Noir.
(b) Theater Surreal.
(c) Theater Absurd.
(d) Theater Moderne.
5. Who does the old woman say she has just a call from?
(a) Her granddaughter.
(b) Her grandson.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
6. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
7. What philosopher's notes does Breton find in the Rimbaud book?
8. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
(a) The theater's stage.
(b) The theater's bathroom.
(c) The theater's auditorium.
(d) The theater's bar.
9. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
(a) The beauty of their simple nature.
(b) The complexity of their thoughts.
(c) The inadequacy of their self-evaluation.
(d) The importance of themselves as people.
10. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
(a) Writers who write short sentences.
(b) Writers who spend too long structuring their books.
(c) Writers who write long, rambling sentences.
(d) Writers who separate themselves from their characters.
11. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(c) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Etienne Dolet.
12. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
13. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
(b) A body.
14. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
(c) Les Champs Magnetiques.
(d) Grands Hommes.
15. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A rose.
(c) A book.
(d) A swan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
2. What does Breton compare the bird in his ceiling to?
3. What is Breton's first point of departure?
4. What kind of films does Breton have a weakness for?
5. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)