|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the author who wrote Madame Bovery?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Gustave Flaubert.
(c) Andre Breton.
(d) Victor Hugo.
2. What was the name of Victor Hugo's lover?
(a) Daniella Farkas.
(b) Juliette Drouet.
(c) Helena Freud.
(d) Nina Hagen.
3. What does the insect do at the machine?
(a) Licks the metal.
(b) Blows it up.
(c) Puts money in the slot.
(d) Hits it with its tail.
4. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
(a) How far we can push ourselves.
(b) Our relationship to others.
(c) The true meaning of life.
(d) A sense of humor.
6. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
(c) Short stories.
7. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
8. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) A talking tree.
(b) An elf.
(c) An old hag.
(d) A naked woman.
9. Where did Breton first meet Eluard?
(a) The Conservataire Renee Maubel.
(b) The Manoir d'Ango.
(c) The Etienne Dolet.
(d) The Hotel des Grands Hommes.
10. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
(a) Writers who write short sentences.
(b) Writers who spend too long structuring their books.
(c) Writers who separate themselves from their characters.
(d) Writers who write long, rambling sentences.
11. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Etienne Dolet.
12. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) The stupidity of the French government.
(b) The future.
(c) What he cannot.
(d) His connection with the past.
13. What aids Breton in his prediction of when the words Bois-Charbons will appear?
(a) Paintings of dogs.
(b) Paintings of logs.
(c) Paintings of chocolate.
(d) Paintings of fires.
14. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
15. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
2. What kind of films does Breton have a weakness for?
3. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
4. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
5. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)