|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
(a) The theater's auditorium.
(b) The theater's bathroom.
(c) The theater's bar.
(d) The theater's stage.
2. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
(a) The importance of themselves as people.
(b) The beauty of their simple nature.
(c) The inadequacy of their self-evaluation.
(d) The complexity of their thoughts.
3. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
4. What did the engraving look like from a certain angle?
(a) A lion.
(b) A football.
(c) An angel.
(d) A gun.
5. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
6. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
7. What aids Breton in his prediction of when the words Bois-Charbons will appear?
(a) Paintings of chocolate.
(b) Paintings of fires.
(c) Paintings of logs.
(d) Paintings of dogs.
8. Who does Breton say he was talking to on the balcony whilst watching Couleur du Temps?
(a) Van Gogh.
9. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
10. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was going through a breakup.
(b) When he was surprised.
(c) When he was hungry.
(d) When he was in love.
11. Who does the young man mistake Breton?
(a) A friend killed in the war.
(b) Another writer.
(c) A painter.
(d) His brother.
12. What color did Flaubert want to replicate in his novel "Madame Bovary"?
(a) A sea beaten rock.
(c) Moldy wood.
(d) The greyness of old people's skin.
13. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
(a) A body.
14. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
15. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) What he cannot.
(b) His connection with the past.
(c) The future.
(d) The stupidity of the French government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
2. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
3. What bird decorates the base of the mirrors in the hallway of the theater?
4. What falls in the room after the silence?
5. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)