|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
(a) His relation to other men.
(b) The love of his life.
(c) His real parents.
(d) His intellectual capabilities.
2. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
3. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
4. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
5. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
(a) A boy's school.
(b) An alleyway.
(c) A girl's school.
(d) A museum.
6. What was the color of the woman's glove?
7. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
8. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
9. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
10. What philosopher's notes does Breton find in the Rimbaud book?
11. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) His connection with the past.
(b) The stupidity of the French government.
(c) The future.
(d) What he cannot.
12. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
(a) The media.
(b) Critical analysis.
(c) People's feelings.
(d) The events of everyday life.
13. What falls in the room after the silence?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A light bulb.
(c) A knife.
(d) A feather.
14. What color did Flaubert want to replicate in his novel "Madame Bovary"?
(a) The greyness of old people's skin.
(b) A sea beaten rock.
(d) Moldy wood.
15. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the engraving look like from a certain angle?
2. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
3. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
4. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
5. How does Breton describe the complexion of the naked woman?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)