|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
(a) She has come to warn him about the police.
(b) She has come to ask him for a drink.
(c) She has come to ask him to pay his bill.
(d) She has come to recommend someone to him.
2. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
(a) A medicine cabinet.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) In a well.
(d) A wardrobe.
3. What falls in the room after the silence?
(a) A knife.
(b) A light bulb.
(c) A feather.
(d) A balloon.
4. What does Breton say the author's life is victimized by?
(a) People's feelings.
(b) Critical analysis.
(c) The media.
(d) The events of everyday life.
5. What aids Breton in his prediction of when the words Bois-Charbons will appear?
(a) Paintings of dogs.
(b) Paintings of fires.
(c) Paintings of logs.
(d) Paintings of chocolate.
6. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
(a) A garage.
(b) A hut.
(c) A basement.
(d) A shed.
7. How does the insect try to choke Breton?
(a) By wrapping its legs around his throat.
(b) By sitting in his neck.
(c) By staring at him.
(d) By wrapping a metal chain around his neck.
8. What bird decorates the base of the mirrors in the hallway of the theater?
9. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
10. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
(a) A museum.
(b) A boy's school.
(c) A girl's school.
(d) An alleyway.
11. What was the name of Victor Hugo's lover?
(a) Daniella Farkas.
(b) Nina Hagen.
(c) Juliette Drouet.
(d) Helena Freud.
12. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
(a) The true meaning of life.
(b) Our relationship to others.
(c) How far we can push ourselves.
(d) A sense of humor.
13. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
(a) Writers who spend too long structuring their books.
(b) Writers who write long, rambling sentences.
(c) Writers who separate themselves from their characters.
(d) Writers who write short sentences.
14. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was in love.
(b) When he was hungry.
(c) When he was going through a breakup.
(d) When he was surprised.
15. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Juliette when she pointed to the smaller gate?
2. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
3. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
4. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
5. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)