|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breton say he doesn't like Comte de Lautréamont's poetry?
(a) He uses only simple words.
(b) It is nothing but style.
(c) It says nothing about life.
(d) He hides behind his work.
2. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What aids Breton in his prediction of when the words Bois-Charbons will appear?
(a) Paintings of fires.
(b) Paintings of logs.
(c) Paintings of dogs.
(d) Paintings of chocolate.
4. What was the name of Victor Hugo's lover?
(a) Juliette Drouet.
(b) Daniella Farkas.
(c) Helena Freud.
(d) Nina Hagen.
5. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
6. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
7. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
(a) A girl's school.
(b) A museum.
(c) A boy's school.
(d) An alleyway.
8. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His humor and seriousness.
(b) His loves and hates.
(c) His friends and foes.
(d) His strengths and weaknesses.
9. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
10. What is the name of the famous archway at the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle?
(a) Arc de Triumphe.
(b) Grip of the Octopus.
(c) Arch of Liberty.
(d) Porte Saint-Denis.
11. What does Breton accept as a material necessity?
12. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(b) Etienne Dolet.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
13. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
14. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
15. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
(a) The Trance House.
(b) The Hippy Hall.
(c) The Blue Castle.
(d) The Electric Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
2. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
3. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
4. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
5. Which painter's paintings does Breton say have magnificent light?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)