|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
(a) In a well.
(b) A wardrobe.
(c) A medicine cabinet.
(d) Under the floorboards.
2. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
3. What does Breton describe as a living room at the bottom of the lake?
(a) The theater's auditorium.
(b) The theater's bar.
(c) The theater's stage.
(d) The theater's bathroom.
4. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
5. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
6. What aids Breton in his prediction of when the words Bois-Charbons will appear?
(a) Paintings of chocolate.
(b) Paintings of logs.
(c) Paintings of dogs.
(d) Paintings of fires.
7. What color was the insect Breton dreamed about?
(a) Sand colored.
(b) Moss colored.
(c) Pebble colored.
(d) Mud colored.
8. What philosopher's notes does Breton find in the Rimbaud book?
9. What does Breton say the actors do in the Theater Moderne rather than listen to each other?
(a) Perform to themselves.
(b) Make dates with members of the audience.
(c) Talk over each other.
(d) Run amok.
10. What does Breton compare the bird in his ceiling to?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A duck.
(c) A spider.
(d) A goat.
11. What does Breton say the Manoir d'Ango leaves in the courtyard when it explodes?
(a) Human hair.
(b) Human bones.
(c) Dove feathers.
(d) Blank paper.
12. What is the name of the person in the play the Principal is waiting for?
13. What falls in the room after the silence?
(a) A feather.
(b) A light bulb.
(c) A knife.
(d) A balloon.
14. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
(a) What am I doing here?
(b) Who am I?
(c) Is love real?
(d) Do we all live in the same reality?
15. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(b) Etienne Dolet.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
2. What was the color of the woman's glove?
3. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
4. What does Breton visit in Saint-Ouen?
5. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)