|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Breton always wished to meet in the woods?
(a) A talking tree.
(b) An old hag.
(c) A naked woman.
(d) An elf.
2. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
(a) His crazy period.
(b) His nap period.
(c) His tired period.
(d) His yellow period.
3. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
4. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
(a) Writers who separate themselves from their characters.
(b) Writers who write long, rambling sentences.
(c) Writers who spend too long structuring their books.
(d) Writers who write short sentences.
5. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Who am I?
(b) Do we all live in the same reality?
(c) What am I doing here?
(d) Is love real?
6. What was the color of the woman's glove?
7. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In reverse order.
(b) In regimental order.
(c) In order of how they come to mind.
(d) In chronological order.
8. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
(a) A watch.
(b) A copy of one of her short stories.
(c) A beer.
(d) A copy of one of her poems.
9. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
10. What city does the man in the film invade?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. What does Breton say we can never hope to discover through work?
(a) The true meaning of life.
(b) A sense of humor.
(c) How far we can push ourselves.
(d) Our relationship to others.
12. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
(a) It gives him a sense of peace.
(b) He can work there without people shouting at him.
(c) He feels something will happen there.
(d) It is full of beautiful women.
13. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
14. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
15. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) The stupidity of the French government.
(b) What he cannot.
(c) The future.
(d) His connection with the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
2. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
3. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
4. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
5. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)