|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
2. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was in love.
(b) When he was hungry.
(c) When he was going through a breakup.
(d) When he was surprised.
3. What did the engraving look like from a certain angle?
(a) An angel.
(b) A lion.
(c) A football.
(d) A gun.
4. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
5. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
(a) Well done sir.
(b) How amusing.
6. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
(a) The Tentacles of Hope.
(b) Chinese Mayhem.
(c) The Grip of the Octopus.
(d) The Fish in the Sea.
7. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
(a) The Electric Palace.
(b) The Trance House.
(c) The Blue Castle.
(d) The Hippy Hall.
8. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
(a) His nap period.
(b) His yellow period.
(c) His tired period.
(d) His crazy period.
9. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
10. Who pointed out the Maison Rogue sign to Breton?
(b) Van Gogh.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Louis Aragon.
11. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
12. What color did Flaubert want to replicate in his novel "Madame Bovary"?
(a) The greyness of old people's skin.
(c) A sea beaten rock.
(d) Moldy wood.
13. What does Breton say the actors do in the Theater Moderne rather than listen to each other?
(a) Run amok.
(b) Talk over each other.
(c) Perform to themselves.
(d) Make dates with members of the audience.
14. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
15. What falls in the room after the silence?
(a) A knife.
(b) A feather.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A light bulb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
2. Which artist does Breton say he has much in common with?
3. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
4. What is the name of the book Breton wrote with Philippe Soupault?
5. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)