|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton dream about?
(a) Conversations he had the previous day.
(b) Cooking biscuits.
(c) His addiction to coffee.
(d) Writing his novel.
2. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
(a) The Fish in the Sea.
(b) The Tentacles of Hope.
(c) Chinese Mayhem.
(d) The Grip of the Octopus.
3. What is the name of the book Breton wrote with Philippe Soupault?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(b) Les Champs Magnetiques.
(d) Magnetic Times.
4. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
(a) A lake.
(b) A park.
(c) The beach.
(d) A museum.
5. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
(b) A body.
6. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) His relation to other men.
(c) His intellectual capabilities.
(d) His real parents.
7. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(b) Paul Eluard.
(d) Andre Breton.
8. How does the insect try to choke Breton?
(a) By wrapping a metal chain around his neck.
(b) By wrapping its legs around his throat.
(c) By staring at him.
(d) By sitting in his neck.
9. What does Breton accept as a material necessity?
10. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
(a) Philemon and Baucis.
(b) Samson and Deliah.
(c) Jesus and John the Baptist.
(d) Iron and steel.
11. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) What he cannot.
(b) The stupidity of the French government.
(c) The future.
(d) His connection with the past.
12. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
(a) A wardrobe.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) A medicine cabinet.
(d) In a well.
13. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
(a) His love life.
(b) His personal views.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His bone structure.
14. Where did Breton first meet Eluard?
(a) The Manoir d'Ango.
(b) The Conservataire Renee Maubel.
(c) The Hotel des Grands Hommes.
(d) The Etienne Dolet.
15. Which of the following does Breton say we have to find Chirico's views on before we can understand his work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
2. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
3. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
4. What does Breton say the story about Hugo and the gates make him feel?
5. What period does Breton say Desnos is having when he visits him?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)