|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the film Breton mentions in this section?
(a) The Tentacles of Hope.
(b) Chinese Mayhem.
(c) The Fish in the Sea.
(d) The Grip of the Octopus.
2. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
(a) Theater Surreal.
(b) Theater Noir.
(c) Theater Absurd.
(d) Theater Moderne.
3. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
(a) A wardrobe.
(b) A medicine cabinet.
(c) In a well.
(d) Under the floorboards.
4. What does Breton say he strives to discover?
(a) His intellectual capabilities.
(b) The love of his life.
(c) His real parents.
(d) His relation to other men.
5. How does Breton describe the complexion of the naked woman?
(a) Corn yellow.
(b) Fire red.
(c) Dead blue.
(d) Dead white.
6. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
7. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
8. Who is pictured is on plate number four?
(a) Paul Eluard.
(b) Andre Breton.
9. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
(a) He can work there without people shouting at him.
(b) It is full of beautiful women.
(c) He feels something will happen there.
(d) It gives him a sense of peace.
10. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In reverse order.
(b) In order of how they come to mind.
(c) In regimental order.
(d) In chronological order.
11. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
12. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
(a) An alleyway.
(b) A girl's school.
(c) A boy's school.
(d) A museum.
13. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His strengths and weaknesses.
(b) His friends and foes.
(c) His humor and seriousness.
(d) His loves and hates.
14. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
15. What is the nationality of the man in the film who multiplies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the woman who knocks on Breton's hotel room door come to say?
2. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
3. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
4. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
5. Who does the young man mistake Breton?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)