|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Breton say the actors do in the Theater Moderne rather than listen to each other?
(a) Talk over each other.
(b) Run amok.
(c) Perform to themselves.
(d) Make dates with members of the audience.
2. What did the engraving look like from a certain angle?
(a) A football.
(b) A gun.
(c) A lion.
(d) An angel.
3. Where did Breton first meet Eluard?
(a) The Hotel des Grands Hommes.
(b) The Etienne Dolet.
(c) The Conservataire Renee Maubel.
(d) The Manoir d'Ango.
4. What is Breton's first point of departure?
(a) Hotel Varengeville-sur-Mer.
(b) Hotel de Grande Hommes.
(c) Hotel Roulette.
(d) Hotel la Stranger.
5. What does the insect do at the machine?
(a) Blows it up.
(b) Licks the metal.
(c) Hits it with its tail.
(d) Puts money in the slot.
6. What statue does Breton say has always fascinated him?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(c) Etienne Dolet.
7. Who does Breton say he feels closer to than any of his friends?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(b) Van Gogh.
8. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
9. Who once handed Breton and Eluard to the police?
(a) Philipe Saint-Andre.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) John-Paul Satre.
(d) Tristan Tzara.
10. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
(c) Short stories.
11. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
(a) Whom he loves.
(b) Whom he haunts.
(c) Whom he inspires.
(d) Whom he hates.
12. How does Breton describe the complexion of the naked woman?
(a) Corn yellow.
(b) Fire red.
(c) Dead blue.
(d) Dead white.
13. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
14. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
(a) Grands Hommes.
(c) Les Champs Magnetiques.
15. Who does the insect take the place of?
(b) An old man.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Breton see the naked woman wearing only a coat?
2. What color did Flaubert want to replicate in his novel "Madame Bovary"?
3. What kind of authors does Breton say he despises?
4. Why does Breton say he doesn't like Comte de Lautréamont's poetry?
5. What was the color of the woman's glove?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)