|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
(a) A book.
(b) A rose.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A swan.
2. What does the gardener tell the principal about Solange?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He missed his train.
(d) He was taken to court.
3. What is the name of the book Breton wrote with Philippe Soupault?
(a) Magnetic Times.
(b) Madame Bovary.
(d) Les Champs Magnetiques.
4. What was the color of the woman's glove?
5. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In chronological order.
(b) In regimental order.
(c) In order of how they come to mind.
(d) In reverse order.
6. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
(c) A body.
7. What does Breton say will have to examine about Chirico before we understand him?
(a) His bone structure.
(b) His love life.
(c) His personal views.
(d) His upbringing.
8. What does Breton compare the bird in his ceiling to?
(a) A duck.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) A goat.
(d) A spider.
9. What did one author to another that he should change about his heroine?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her gender.
(c) Her name.
(d) Her hair.
10. What did the word Rogue appear as when looked at at a certain angle?
11. What would Hugo say when he saw the largest gate?
(a) Pedestrian gate. madame.
(b) Servant gate, madame.
(c) Main entrance, madame.
(d) Bridal gate, madame.
12. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His strengths and weaknesses.
(b) His humor and seriousness.
(c) His friends and foes.
(d) His loves and hates.
13. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
(a) The stupidity of the French government.
(b) What he cannot.
(c) The future.
(d) His connection with the past.
14. Where does the Etienne Dolet statue stand?
(a) Grands Hommes.
(b) Place Maubert.
(c) Place d'Ango.
(d) Linkin Park.
15. What kind of bird did Breton like to hunt in the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the plot of Breton's favorite play take place?
2. What did the engraving look like from a certain angle?
3. What color did Flaubert want to give an impression of in his novel "Salammbo"?
4. Whose poems does Breton say evoke deep emotions in him?
5. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)