|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Juliet say in response to Hugo's remark about the trees?
(c) How amusing.
(d) Well done sir.
2. What creature creeps around the theater during a performance?
3. What does the author say the two gates mirror about Hugo?
(a) His friends and foes.
(b) His humor and seriousness.
(c) His strengths and weaknesses.
(d) His loves and hates.
4. What aids Breton in his prediction of when the words Bois-Charbons will appear?
(a) Paintings of chocolate.
(b) Paintings of logs.
(c) Paintings of dogs.
(d) Paintings of fires.
5. What does the woman at the market give Breton?
(a) A copy of one of her poems.
(b) A watch.
(c) A beer.
(d) A copy of one of her short stories.
6. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
(a) He can work there without people shouting at him.
(b) It gives him a sense of peace.
(c) He feels something will happen there.
(d) It is full of beautiful women.
7. In what order does Breton say he will discuss his memories?
(a) In order of how they come to mind.
(b) In chronological order.
(c) In reverse order.
(d) In regimental order.
8. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
(a) Whom he hates.
(b) Whom he loves.
(c) Whom he haunts.
(d) Whom he inspires.
9. What was Breton offered as accommodation at the Manoir de Ango?
(a) A hut.
(b) A shed.
(c) A garage.
(d) A basement.
10. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Is love real?
(b) Do we all live in the same reality?
(c) What am I doing here?
(d) Who am I?
11. Who pointed out the Maison Rogue sign to Breton?
(b) Van Gogh.
(c) Louis Aragon.
(d) Albert Camus.
12. How does Breton describe the acting of the performers at Theater Moderne?
13. What words does Andre Breton see appearing on several shop fronts?
(a) Grands Hommes.
(c) Les Champs Magnetiques.
14. What did the engraving the woman show Breton look like from straight on?
(a) A rose.
(b) A swan.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A book.
15. What kind of films does Breton have a weakness for?
(a) Porn films.
(b) Hollywood films.
(c) Sci-fi films.
(d) Absurb films.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
2. What does Breton say is his favorite theater?
3. What does Breton say he tries to use his experience to examine?
4. Who does the insect take the place of?
5. What was discovered the previous year in the well?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)