|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Hugo say when him and Juliet would pass the two trees?
(a) Jesus and John the Baptist.
(b) Philemon and Baucis.
(c) Samson and Deliah.
(d) Iron and steel.
2. Which painter's paintings does Breton say have magnificent light?
(a) Van Gogh.
3. What does Breton love to visit in Nantes?
(a) A park.
(b) The beach.
(c) A museum.
(d) A lake.
4. What does Breton say he is determined by knowing?
(a) Whom he inspires.
(b) Whom he hates.
(c) Whom he haunts.
(d) Whom he loves.
5. What poet does the woman Breton meets by chance on the street recite to him?
6. What question does Breton pose at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Do we all live in the same reality?
(b) What am I doing here?
(c) Who am I?
(d) Is love real?
7. Who skull does Breton say the log connects with?
8. What does Breton say the Manoir d'Ango leaves in the courtyard when it explodes?
(a) Human hair.
(b) Blank paper.
(c) Dove feathers.
(d) Human bones.
9. What does Breton hope his observations will make men aware of?
(a) The inadequacy of their self-evaluation.
(b) The beauty of their simple nature.
(c) The importance of themselves as people.
(d) The complexity of their thoughts.
10. What French city does Breton feel, other than Paris, something worthwhile can happen to him?
11. What is Breton's first point of departure?
(a) Hotel Roulette.
(b) Hotel de Grande Hommes.
(c) Hotel Varengeville-sur-Mer.
(d) Hotel la Stranger.
12. When was the only time Chirico said he could paint?
(a) When he was going through a breakup.
(b) When he was surprised.
(c) When he was hungry.
(d) When he was in love.
13. What bird decorates the base of the mirrors in the hallway of the theater?
14. What is the play Breton says he has admired?
(a) Les Detraquees.
(b) The Sea Gull.
(c) Les Humana.
(d) Look Back in Anger.
15. What painter does Breton mention in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Breton like to go to the Boulevard Bonne-Nouvelle in the afternoon?
2. What falls in the room after the silence?
3. Where does the Principal find the dead body?
4. What does Paul Eluard like to write?
5. What does Breton say Desnos is able to see?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)